Pat Robertson: Haiti "Cursed' By 'Pact To The Devil"

Options

Comments

• caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Talk that ? out with her. If you need to practice what you are going to say to her. Hell practice her response if you have too. Make sure you get your point across.
    Worst thing you can do is talk to her about it and nothing gets agreed on. So make sure you know what you want before you go demanding ? . Have your reasoning ready. You know her well. Use your knowledge to get what you want.

Think of these talks with her as a mini-series that ends in one season. no long drawn out soap operas or one time event. Dont argue, yell or fight over it. Let her know that until she agree and start to do these things you want, it will be brought up again.

Be consistent and stay on subject. You want to be the voice of her guilty conscious when she look at the clock and realize she sat down all day and did nothing.

Recap:
    1. Talk to her calmly
    2. Practice what you are going to say and her response
    3. Know what you really want and if it is feasible.
    4. Dont argue or yell. stay calm.
    5. Be consistent
    6. Stay on subject

Remember the five stages: denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance. She may hit you with them.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In all honesty she is probably unhappy, either with you, herself, the child, her life as it stands or how it's changed. I wouldn't ask if she is unhappy just state unequivocally you are aware of her unhappiness. If you ask it gives her the opportunity to avoid feelings getting hurt by denying things. But she is behaving depressive.
  • onthafly
    onthafly Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So I had a talk with her. She tried to give me the silent treatment and not respond when I told her she needed to clean the house because she's home all day every day but I didn't let up. She said something like she's not going to work her fingers to the bone anymore trying to clean the house. I'm pretty sure she's upset with me but I'm gonna keep bringing it up until she starts doing her part.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    housemouse wrote: »
    So I had a talk with her. She tried to give me the silent treatment and not respond when I told her she needed to clean the house because she's home all day every day but I didn't let up. She said something like she's not going to work her fingers to the bone anymore trying to clean the house. I'm pretty sure she's upset with me but I'm gonna keep bringing it up until she starts doing her part.

nah...dont keep bringing it up. You are now on record about telling her that this bothers you.

they be quick to say "you never said anything so i didnt know it was a problem"

nah b
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ok u broke the cleaning ish down to her good for u
    lettuce know when u tell her she cant ? good no mo
    nh
  • onthafly
    Options
    Oh yeah I'ma bring that up too. I gotta give the cleaning ? some time to settle in.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? the countdown has begun, and I'm not trying to be finished.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 2,089
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the contract is voided my ?
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh yeah I'ma bring that up too. I gotta give the cleaning ? some time to settle in.

Dont nag just let her know. Point it out and let that be it.
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    Ima go head and ask what probably all us dudes is wondering so no offense.

Does she atleast put in work in that bed or has she become a lazy lay too? She should be ? the soul out cha body to excuse this kinda behavior.

And there goes the biggest problem in our relationship. She used to ride the ? real good. Now it's good when she rides it but she'd rather just lay on her back and let me do the work these days. This ? has to stop.

Oh heeeeeellll nawwwl she gotta go!!! Go get the divorce papers printed up right now!!! I mean literally log off from Here this second and go email your lawyer bruh. Smh
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Don't let her do that reverse Psychology ? . You keep the pressure on her ass, she in the wrong
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Son... You share that girl
  • onthafly
    Options
    DR. JEK wrote: »

Don't let her do that reverse Psychology ? . You keep the pressure on her ass, she in the wrong

Yeah I'm stayin on her about it. She's been cleanin lately, it's just takin awhile to get the house clean. She's been tellin me how I need to help out more with ? training too but I'm gone before my son wakes up and get about 3 hours with him before bed time on week days so if he doesn't have to use the bathroom in those 3 hours, there's no much I can do. I've been tryin to tell her to stop spendin so much time makin excuses for why she can't do ? and just get it done. I wasn't raised to make excuses for ? .
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    On the real, she may need some counseling. You're doing your part and above. She will have to step it up otherwise some frank "our future" discussions will be needed.
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Son... You share that girl

She be cleanin another ? house during the day.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    you know ? is bad when women in the PR are collectively telling you to man the ? up

:(
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just wanted to get some perspective from other females and guys if they have any input. A little background. My wife is a stay at home mom. We have a toddler who will be 3 next month. He doesn't go to day care or anything like that. I work a full time job but I usually try to cook and do the dishes when I get home. If I'm not up to it then we'll usually end up ordering out or something. Our house pretty much stays ? and I feel like my wife isn't really doing her part. She looks after our son while I'm at work but based on what I see when I'm home I feel like she's not really doing enough.
    Whenever I see her she's always on her computer playing sims or something which she says she needs to help her keep her sanity when dealing with our kid. She says she does a lot more when I'm gone but she just feels like she can take a break when I'm home. Judging by the way the house always looks I find it hard to believe she's doing so much while I'm gone but I don't want to judge when I'm not home to witness anything. I just witness this ? ass house that she's always telling me that WE need to get clean but I'm the only one at work all day gettin the bills paid. I also do all the grocery shopping since I'm the only one with a drivers license. She does do the laundry every now and then which is helpful and every now and then she may get a room in the house clean.

I understand a lot of women feel that being a stay at home mom is a job itself and I agree but I thought being a stay at home mom or dad generally included looking after the house while your spouse was at work. It seems like she wants to come home from a full day at work and clean up this ? ass house along with doing all the cooking and ? . How would you all define the roles in and outside of the house if one person in the relationship was a stay at home mom or dad?

Reading all of that especially the bold parts all I could do is feel like
    29-Camron-NP.gif
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My wife is a stay at home mom.

They're called housewives.
    I work a full time job but I usually try to cook and do the dishes when I get home. If I'm not up to it then we'll usually end up ordering out or something. Our house pretty much stays ? and I feel like my wife isn't really doing her part.

? , you're ? owned. How are you going to go to work put in 40 work day, then not only come home to a ? house, but the ? has nerve enough to not even have dinner ready or the dishes done. That's some shameful ? .

My Na Na was a housewife. Not only did she have the house clean, but dinner was on the table for when my Pa Pa got home. For my maternal grandparents, my grandfather stayed home because he had a stroke at an early age and he was partially paralyzed, but that didn't prevent him from cleaning house and having dinner ready for my Granny when she got home.

She looks after our son while I'm at work but based on what I see when I'm home I feel like she's not really doing enough.

She isn't, he job is to do all of that domestic ? , e.g. clean house, put on a load of clothes, iron, make groceries, pick up dry cleaning, prepare meals, take the cars to get maintenance, and go to the gym as to to maintain her girlish figure and to prevent from chunking up. When you give her money for clothes, accessories and when you go on vacation to exotic locales, that's her compensation for doing her wifely duties.
    Whenever I see her she's always on her computer playing sims or something which she says she needs to help her keep her sanity when dealing with our kid. She says she does a lot more when I'm gone but she just feels like she can take a break when I'm home.

Maintaining a house with one child isn't hard, she's putting too much on it and you're letting her get away with that ? .
    Judging by the way the house always looks I find it hard to believe she's doing so much while I'm gone but I don't want to judge when I'm not home to witness anything. I just witness this ? ass house that she's always telling me that WE need to get clean but I'm the only one at work all day gettin the bills paid.

Being that Rex is a firm believer in past or present behavior is the best predictor of future behavior, was your a ? slob before you married her?
    I also do all the grocery shopping since I'm the only one with a drivers license.

Dude unless you live in NYC, Philly, Boston, Chicago, S.F. and possibly D.C., how does an adult not have a driver's license? Also, why haven't you taught her how to drive?
    She does do the laundry every now and then which is helpful and every now and then she may get a room in the house clean.

You married a weak ass ? . One day you're going to come to this foul as ? .
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFosUj6A22c

I understand a lot of women feel that being a stay at home mom is a job itself and I agree

See that's your problem, you're believing this the feminist propaganda about how supposedly "hard," being a housewife is. How hard is it vacuum and dust on Monday? Put on a load of clothes on Tuesday? Make groceries on Wednesday? Pick up the dry cleaning on Thursday? and wash the windows on Friday? The most time consuming thing is the cooking. I do agree that maybe you should pick a day out of the weekend to do some cooking, but that's her job.
    but I thought being a stay at home mom or dad generally included looking after the house while your spouse was at work.

It is.
    It seems like she wants to come home from a full day at work and clean up this ? ass house along with doing all the cooking and ? .

How did you meet ole girl? Is she a mail order bride from overseas or just some ole ? ? that didn't get the proper home training?
    How would you all define the roles in and outside of the house if one person in the relationship was a stay at home mom or dad?

? , you were suppose to have that conversation over steaks before you even thought about putting that rang on her finger.
  • HarlemThumzUp
    HarlemThumzUp Members Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

They're called housewives.
    I work a full time job but I usually try to cook and do the dishes when I get home. If I'm not up to it then we'll usually end up ordering out or something. Our house pretty much stays ? and I feel like my wife isn't really doing her part.

? , you're ? owned. How are you going to go to work put in 40 work day, then not only come home to a ? house, but the ? has nerve enough to not even have dinner ready or the dishes done. That's some shameful ? .

My Na Na was a housewife. Not only did she have the house clean, but dinner was on the table for when my Pa Pa got home. For my maternal grandparents, my grandfather stayed home because he had a stroke at an early age and he was partially paralyzed, but that didn't prevent him from cleaning house and having dinner ready for my Granny when she got home.

She looks after our son while I'm at work but based on what I see when I'm home I feel like she's not really doing enough.

She isn't, he job is to do all of that domestic ? , e.g. clean house, put on a load of clothes, iron, make groceries, pick up dry cleaning, prepare meals, take the cars to get maintenance, and go to the gym as to to maintain her girlish figure and to prevent from chunking up. When you give her money for clothes, accessories and when you go on vacation to exotic locales, that's her compensation for doing her wifely duties.
    Whenever I see her she's always on her computer playing sims or something which she says she needs to help her keep her sanity when dealing with our kid. She says she does a lot more when I'm gone but she just feels like she can take a break when I'm home.

Maintaining a house with one child isn't hard, she's putting too much on it and you're letting her get away with that ? .
    Judging by the way the house always looks I find it hard to believe she's doing so much while I'm gone but I don't want to judge when I'm not home to witness anything. I just witness this ? ass house that she's always telling me that WE need to get clean but I'm the only one at work all day gettin the bills paid.

Being that Rex is a firm believer in past or present behavior is the best predictor of future behavior, was your a ? slob before you married her?
    I also do all the grocery shopping since I'm the only one with a drivers license.

Dude unless you live in NYC, Philly, Boston, Chicago, S.F. and possibly D.C., how does an adult not have a driver's license? Also, why haven't you taught her how to drive?
    She does do the laundry every now and then which is helpful and every now and then she may get a room in the house clean.

You married a weak ass ? . One day you're going to come to this foul as ? .
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFosUj6A22c

I understand a lot of women feel that being a stay at home mom is a job itself and I agree

See that's your problem, you're believing this the feminist propaganda about how supposedly "hard," being a housewife is. How hard is it vacuum and dust on Monday? Put on a load of clothes on Tuesday? Make groceries on Wednesday? Pick up the dry cleaning on Thursday? and wash the windows on Friday? The most time consuming thing is the cooking. I do agree that maybe you should pick a day out of the weekend to do some cooking, but that's her job.
    but I thought being a stay at home mom or dad generally included looking after the house while your spouse was at work.

It is.
    It seems like she wants to come home from a full day at work and clean up this ? ass house along with doing all the cooking and ? .

How did you meet ole girl? Is she a mail order bride from overseas or just some ole ? ? that didn't get the proper home training?
    How would you all define the roles in and outside of the house if one person in the relationship was a stay at home mom or dad?

? , you were suppose to have that conversation over steaks before you even thought about putting that rang on her finger.

• D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options

She isn't, he job is to do all of that domestic ? , e.g. clean house, put on a load of clothes, iron, make groceries[/b], pick up dry cleaning, prepare meals, take the cars to get maintenance, and go to the gym as to to maintain her girlish figure and to prevent from chunking up. When you give her money for clothes, accessories and when you go on vacation to exotic locales, that's her compensation for doing her wifely duties.

@Maximus Rex How in the ? do you make groceries?

• onthafly
    edited March 2015
    Options

Yeah, it took me a minute to realize that she was just lazy and that was probably acceptable in her house growing up. I don't want to get into too much detail about her family but her step dad is the only one with a job and she doesn't seem to respect the fact that he works. She acts like he's some ? sittin around the house who doesn't do ? . I think it may be a serious case of differing values here at least when it comes to work ethic. I came from a house with two parents that went to school and worked at the same time.

Her mom did say that she never wanted to wake up to go to community college as a grown woman so she had to make her get up. We never really had much of a house to clean prior to gettin married. We were goin through a lot of ? with my sister gettin us evicted and renting rooms with people and by the time we got some stability we had a kid and she was hittin me with how hard it was to be a mother and all that ? .

I've been pushing her to get her license for awhile. My mom never drove due to some traumatizing experience she had even though she had a job and her drivers license so I just never thought much of it.

Yeah I think I bought into the ? . It was something I knew nothing about so I just went with what I was told and never questioned it.