Pat Robertson: Haiti "Cursed' By 'Pact To The Devil"

Options

Comments

• MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options
    She should be embarrassed of herself. Regardless of stay at home mom or not .... She needs to clean the house. I'm not saying you can't help out. Marriage is a partnership . I'm willing to bet you wouldn't mind doing everything you are now IF she would do her part too

As far as how to change her... Communication is gonna be the only way

If that doesn't work.....

At least your child is half way to kindergarten .... What's gonna be her excuse then ?
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't give up on her TS..sometimes it can take a new wife and mom a minute to find their new place in the world.

She may be a little depressed or feel like her identity is being lost stuck in the house cleaning and doing laundry.

Only way to know is to have a serious sit down with her. Don't coddle her either..probably going to be a tough conversation but stick to how YOU feel.

I can tell you love her..it could be something that's fixable.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T/S

got some good book recommendations for you if you're interested

this goes for anyone tbh

but it takes two brah. If she wanna make the relationship work, she'll be down if not, you might have to go talk with someone. If that dont work, then might be time to draw up dem papers

but stay positive
  • REV_RAGE
    REV_RAGE Members Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kat wrote: »
    Don't give up on her TS..sometimes it can take a new wife and mom a minute to find their new place in the world.

She may be a little depressed or feel like her identity is being lost stuck in the house cleaning and doing laundry.

Only way to know is to have a serious sit down with her. Don't coddle her either..probably going to be a tough conversation but stick to how YOU feel.

I can tell you love her..it could be something that's fixable.

I may have been a little too condemning, there are success stories and I agree with you immensely on if love is worth it go for it.
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man reading this ? brings back memories of something similar I went through years ago with my ex. Dodged a bullet though we never got married nor had kids.
    I feel your pain though. Hang in there dude. If it gets worse, then you know what you gotta do. Can't let people take your kindness for weakness.
  • onthafly
    onthafly Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Yeah I don't think it's too extreme like she's trying to take advantage of me or anything. I think she's just been a little lazy lately. Putting on weight could have something to do with it and she did mention she had a lot more energy when we were trying to eat more fruits and vegetables a few months back. I think it just doesn't affect me as much because of my metabolism. I was the kid that never slept in day care during nap time so I'm never short on energy.
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao she lazy as ?
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I brought up my problems to her and told her I would be patient. But I had my issues. My thing is this with any relationship is communication and compromise. I put my foot down and that's when we grew apart. I got tired of always being nice. She left me because she didn't want to change. I feel like this, if you say you love someone then you should be willing to put in the effort. After a while the words didn't hold any weight, I needed to actually see change. It was too much for her and she bounced.
    I wasn't raised on that woman has to stay home aspect. My counter for that will always be if something happens to me, then what are you going to fall back on to survive on your own. She never understood that.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How much should the man do or how much should he be required to do? As far as cooking and cleaning and raising the kid, he shouldn't be required to do any of it. If we are sticking to traditional gender roles enough for her to be a stay at home mom, then let's not play around with it. I'll go to work and make sure we have money, no past due bills, etc. You need to make sure that the house is clean and there is food and ? at all times.

I personally would still help out around the house and I would be as active a parent as she is, but if she tried to give me excuses why the house was ? everyday, that ain't gonna fly.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    u gotta put ur foot dine, ion like the sound of a mother seeming like her child is a burden or making up injuries to not get outta bed. handle that bidness, good luck
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ima go head and ask what probably all us dudes is wondering so no offense.

Does she atleast put in work in that bed or has she become a lazy lay too? She should be ? the soul out cha body to excuse this kinda behavior.
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fam I hate to say this but if she had respect for herself, you or your child....she wouldn't let you come home to a ? house.

I'd assume that your gone for 8 hrs a day....wtf is she doing apart from sitting in squalor all day?

This is serious fam, you need to get sorted swiftly. Yo kids will grow up thinking its ok to live like this. You don't want that, it's a stain on your legacy.

I don't buy all the diet and any other excuse she got fam...it costs nothing to clean and cook for your family except for love and a lil time.

You don't have to settle for this and personally if she didn't show change sharpish, i'd scoop my kids and replace her.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So you ? around and married a ? ? Yikes I feel sorry for you playa. Only one female I been with didn't work and best believe I never had to cook and scrub a ? ever cause them bills was paid.
  • onthafly
    Options
    DR. JEK wrote: »

Does she atleast put in work in that bed or has she become a lazy lay too? She should be ? the soul out cha body to excuse this kinda behavior.

And there goes the biggest problem in our relationship. She used to ride the ? real good. Now it's good when she rides it but she'd rather just lay on her back and let me do the work these days. This ? has to stop.
  • onthafly
    Options
    DNB1 wrote: »
    Fam I hate to say this but if she had respect for herself, you or your child....she wouldn't let you come home to a ? house.

I'd assume that your gone for 8 hrs a day....wtf is she doing apart from sitting in squalor all day?

This is serious fam, you need to get sorted swiftly. Yo kids will grow up thinking its ok to live like this. You don't want that, it's a stain on your legacy.

I don't buy all the diet and any other excuse she got fam...it costs nothing to clean and cook for your family except for love and a lil time.

You don't have to settle for this and personally if she didn't show change sharpish, i'd scoop my kids and replace her.

You right. I'm just gonna have to tell her that she's doin a half ass job right now. I asked her what she did yesterday and she said laundry and she swept some stuff off the floor. 8-9 hours is a long time to just do some laundry and a little sweeping when the rest of the house is still ? .
  • taeboo
    taeboo Members Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn..I gotta learn to ride a ? for real.

Gets you all kinds of get out of cleaning passes apparently.

Girrrrrl he got me over here questioning my riding skills....
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    taeboo wrote: »
    Damn..I gotta learn to ride a ? for real.

Gets you all kinds of get out of cleaning passes apparently.

Girrrrrl he got me over here questioning my riding skills....

@taeboo,

you can toot your horn bae
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You try spanking her?
  • BeardedFreak
    BeardedFreak Members Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You didn't realize she was lazy, before you wifed her. AND decided to have a kid with her?

Blinded by the ? ?
  • onthafly
    Options
    I don't think it's been going on forever. I recall her doing dishes and cleaning and ? awhile back. It was probably only after we had a kid that she started telling me that I need to help out more around the house. I think the problem is the more I started trying to do around the house the lazier she got.
  • The Iconoclast
    The Iconoclast Members Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    housemouse wrote: »
    DR. JEK wrote: »

And there goes the biggest problem in our relationship. She used to ride the ? real good. Now it's good when she rides it but she'd rather just lay on her back and let me do the work these days. This ? has to stop.

lol @ how the sex life is a microcosm of the entire relationship now.