Do you believe dinosaurs existed?

Options

Comments

• dirtyrodney
    dirtyrodney Members Posts: 556
    edited October 2011
    Options
    man and dinosaurs never coexisted...
    the bible cant be taken as a verbatim historical account...

I agree men and dinosaur didnt walk the earth at the same time, its impossible on so many levels. But in the bible there isn't any small disclosure (read the fine print) text saying not to take this word for word. They just say its the word of ? . So its either word for all true or its all ? . Its no middle ground.
  • Plop Star
    Plop Star Members Posts: 8,833 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    man and dinosaurs could have co-existed.................you really dont kno unless you was there
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    Basically, the brontosaurus (that long necked ? ? ) has been taken out of all books as it didn't exist, it was conceived through an error with the assembly of some bones. Actually happened cause they mixed several different dinosaurs up.

If they have been wrong once, they could easily be more times.

didnt they also find out that a triceratops was just a young version of something else?
  • Louis Cipher
    Louis Cipher Members Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I agree men and dinosaur didnt walk the earth at the same time, its impossible on so many levels. But in the bible there isn't any small disclosure (read the fine print) text saying not to take this word for word. They just say its the word of ? . So its either word for all true or its all ? . Its no middle ground.

ehhh....i think there can be middle ground. i think any rational person can see that the bible isnt a 100% factual historical document. its filled with stories and lessons, and a little history. i take it as just that. for the lessons, if i take it at all.

you gotta remember when the bible was written...you couldve been killed for questioning if it was the word of ? ...so ofcourse people took it as that. some still do
  • Louis Cipher
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Plap Star wrote: »
    man and dinosaurs could have co-existed.................you really dont kno unless you was there

really? men walked the earth with the t-rex? and sailed the oceans with megladon? (sp?) seriously bruh?
  • Louis Cipher
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Damn b... i didnt know about triceratops
    U just ? my whole ? up

smh.. all my favorite dinosaurs are all shams

to be honest bruh...the apatosaurus, which the brontosaurus actually is looks very similar to the pics that we've been taught, its not that far off...but you gotta remember when a lot of these fossils were found...people had a lot to learn....we still do
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options

how do dinosaurs disprove the Bible?
  • Darius
    edited October 2011
    Options
    anyone seen the BBC Documentary: Planet of the Dinosaurs....that ? is dope forreal
  • Louis Cipher
    edited October 2011
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    how do dinosaurs disprove the Bible?

i think he's saying that since they arent in it, and since we know that they actually existed....that the bible isnt true
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited October 2011
    Options
    My theory is that the stuff going on during the bible times were happening in Africa. While dinosaurs were roaming other parts of earth. Unless otherwise were dinosaurs living in Africa too?
  • Darius
    edited October 2011
    Options
    i think he's saying that since they arent in it, and since we know that they actually existed....that the bible isnt true

well i'm sure there are thousands of animals that are never mentioned in the Bible. that doesn't mean they aren't real
  • Louis Cipher
    edited October 2011
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    My theory is that the stuff going on during the bible times were happening in Africa. While dinosaurs were roaming other parts of earth. Unless otherwise were dinosaurs living in Africa too?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_African_dinosaurs

http://dinosaurs.about.com/od/typesofdinosaurs/tp/African-Dinosaurs.htm
  • Louis Cipher
    edited October 2011
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    well i'm sure there are thousands of animals that are never mentioned in the Bible. that doesn't mean they aren't real

lol...i agree...i didnt say i agreed with his logic...i understood it tho
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Any of yall watch Tera Nova ? pretty good.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    kai killed a dinosaur
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ready to get sonned, you sarcastic ? eating hoe bag?

http://www.unmuseum.org/dinobront.htm

lol ouch, I was just sonned into oblivion!
  • Darius
    edited October 2011
    Options
    kai_valya wrote: »
    carbon dating say otherwise my dear.

carbon dated years is not a 1:1 ration to calander years

its a different dating system
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Idk whats wrong with people i mean im not foolish to believe everything i hear ... but now people believe nothing they here. unless its from some well produced youtube video made by a conspiracy group..

Mental Health needs to be put at the forefront..
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    DatNiggaB1 wrote: »
    The confusion comes cause the bible says in the beginning ? made Adam and Eve.......if that's the case did dinosaurs roam the earth before this date? Bible states that the earth was just wasteland so that can't be possible. So that means they must of roamed the earth after mankind was created. Except how could mankind survive on a plant inhabited by killer dinosaurs?

I'd have to check with one of the guys familiar with Hebrew, but I believe the original text states "In A beginning". Its entirely possible have faith and believe there were dinosaurs.
  • thekillingjoke
    thekillingjoke Members Posts: 429
    edited October 2011
    Options
    DatNiggaB1 wrote: »
    The confusion comes cause the bible says in the beginning ? made Adam and Eve.......if that's the case did dinosaurs roam the earth before this date? Bible states that the earth was just wasteland so that can't be possible. So that means they must of roamed the earth after mankind was created. Except how could mankind survive on a plant inhabited by killer dinosaurs?

If you truly believe that, I have a stable of unicorns and leprechan jockeys at my ranch.
  • DatNiggaB1
    DatNiggaB1 Members Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    There is no way man and dinosaur could of co-existed. Humans would of been breakfast, lunch and dinner for them muhfuggas. This is a question my mother can't even answer and she a Jehovahs Witness. It's scientifically proven dinosaurs roamed the earth. So was that before mankind? The bible states that the earth was uninhabitable before ? created the earth in six days and then rested on the seventh. How would mankind survive if dinosaurs roamed?
  • DatNiggaB1
    DatNiggaB1 Members Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    If you truly believe that, I have a stable of unicorns and leprechan jockeys at my ranch.

I'm not saying I believe. The fact there was dinosaurs is the one thing that makes me question Christianity.
  • thekillingjoke
    thekillingjoke Members Posts: 429
    edited October 2011
    Options
    kai_valya wrote: »
    there is always a margin of error when it comes to isotope dating. but if the dinosaurs went extinct at the end of the cretaceous period and the beginning of the tertiary period, using argon-argon dating, that's around 65.95 million years ago (give or take 40,000 years). and the earliest ? sapien remains found are about 195,000 years ago, there's still no way that human beings and dinosaurs coexisted

You sound so smart, or did you copy and paste that from wikipedia, LOL, j/k.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    1. I believe man is way older than we think, i also don't believe in creation nor evolution.
    2. Ya'll do realize the ? ya'll read (the Bible) had books removed from it by Constantine the Great at the Council of Nicea. Believing in the bible is like believing Wikipedia information.
    3. Yes dinosaurs existed, there is fossil evidence to prove that. The problem with religion and science is people act like they can't coexist, to me science is the language of a greater power.
This discussion has been closed.