Options

Comments

• fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »
    my only question regarding this topic would be:

how did they come up with these 10 to 100 millions of years timelines?
    Radiometric dating of isotopic atoms found in fossilized bones and of isotopic atoms found in the dirt around the fossilized bones.

I think.
  • bignorm73
    bignorm73 Banned Users Posts: 5,031 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    tru_m.a.c wrote: »
    u can't believe this if you believe in a religion

*sits and waits for ? to contradict their precious teachings*

? lol.
  • PLASTIC RULES
    PLASTIC RULES Members Posts: 1,535 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I believe dinosaurs built the Pyramids and other large structures in the ancient world. They were the only beings big enough to move those roccs, that we have proof actually existed.
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    fiat_money wrote: »
    Radiometric dating of isotopic atoms found in fossilized bones and of isotopic atoms found in the rock around the fossilized bones.

I think.
    Fixed .
  • thekillingjoke
    thekillingjoke Members Posts: 429
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Because they are most likely spitting knowledge. Knowledge in itself is very interesting.

Atheists say interesting things

Interesting things = Amusement

Therefore it's obvious that an atheist would in fact amuse you.

Untrue. Most scientists and historians do not believe that Yeshua existed. And the minority of them who do really have large scattered views. But surely even of that group "Jesus of Nazareth" is one of many proposed persons believed to be Yeshua.

Most people do.

Like tru_mac said, you're contradicting yourself in this quote. Also if you're differentiating ? sapiens with other classes of human ("prehistoric men"), you are voiding your own "evolution is fact" reasoning.

Science is not proven wrong. Science is not a thing nor theory. Science is a process in which an observation is made and many people are presented evidence to support a proposed theory. Scientific theories or claims are often changed or revised because of this. Therefore if anything science is often solidified and verified more than it is "Wrong". In actuality it can never be "wrong" because it is not a believe or don't believe system. Meaning that it is only moving toward truth no matter the outcome.

IE : The Earth is no longer believed to be flat, for science to ever be "wrong" it would have to be like this

1. The general consensus is that the Earth is flat.
    2. Through years of research, scrutiny, and feelings being caught it is observed and known to be spherical without any reason to deny this.
    3. Science tells the world to ? off with your evidence, we like it flat so its undoubtedly flat. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.
    4. People say "well that solves it its definitely flat!"
    However we both know this isn't how it works, therefore science is not wrong and due to it's openness to discussion, debate, change, and rationality it cannot now nor ever be wrong.

Theory in scientific terms is different from theory as one would see it regularly. Gravity is also a theory, do you deny that there is a force created by motion holding us and everything on this planet down? Nearly all scientists believe in evolution, in fact most of the leading persons dealing in evolutionary studies are Christians who without doubt know it is true.

Hey man, you cn't be lke puttin' all those lke big ass words. My homie Chasin Benjamins told mi pple on here dn't reed anythng with mo thn 3 sentences.
  • bignorm73
    edited October 2011
    Options
    major pain wrote: »
    I'd have to check with one of the guys familiar with Hebrew, but I believe the original text states "In A beginning". Its entirely possible have faith and believe there were dinosaurs.

' '
  • bignorm73
    edited October 2011
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    how do you know that the "days" during creation refer to a 24 hour day?

' '
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    how do you know that the "days" during creation refer to a 24 hour day?

I say the same thing.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Why a day = 24 hours.

In its original text the word day in genesis is actually "yom". When used in other texts yom is often preceded by the saying "and there was evening, and there was morning", which is one ? day, no more, no less.

So for those of you who rely on the ? up interpretation of the modern day bible and dont understand why one day even in genesis equals 24 hours, here you go.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    very interesting indeed

can't wait to meet with A.Menn from Earth 3423
  • Esiam
    Esiam Banned Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Sure why not... I understand where you're going with this though, clever...
  • -Vincenzo-
    -Vincenzo- Members Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Untrue. Most scientists and historians do not believe that Yeshua existed. And the minority of them who do really have large scattered views. But surely even of that group "Jesus of Nazareth" is one of many proposed persons believed to be Yeshua.

'Most critical historians agree that Jesus was a Galilean Jewish Rabbi who was regarded as a teacher and healer in Judaea.'

Source: Bart D. Ehrman, Lost Christianities: The Battles for Scripture and the Faiths We Never Knew, Oxford University Press, 2003. p 96
    Like tru_mac said, you're contradicting yourself in this quote. Also if you're differentiating ? sapiens with other classes of human ("prehistoric men"), you are voiding your own "evolution is fact" reasoning.

i don't see where i said "evolution is fact", if you got that from my statement, you got something wrong. where in the bible does it say mankind is 6-10k years old? i'd like you to quote the original source. since you happen to be so smart and educated, you are prolly fluent in ancient greek, hebrew and aramaic to understand the original text of the bible.
    Science is not proven wrong. Science is not a thing nor theory. Science is a process in which an observation is made and many people are presented evidence to support a proposed theory. Scientific theories or claims are often changed or revised because of this. Therefore if anything science is often solidified and verified more than it is "Wrong". In actuality it can never be "wrong" because it is not a believe or don't believe system. Meaning that it is only moving toward truth no matter the outcome.

IE : The Earth is no longer believed to be flat, for science to ever be "wrong" it would have to be like this

1. The general consensus is that the Earth is flat.
    2. Through years of research, scrutiny, and feelings being caught it is observed and known to be spherical without any reason to deny this.
    3. Science tells the world to ? off with your evidence, we like it flat so its undoubtedly flat. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.
    4. People say "well that solves it its definitely flat!"
    However we both know this isn't how it works, therefore science is not wrong and due to it's openness to discussion, debate, change, and rationality it cannot now nor ever be wrong.

Theory in scientific terms is different from theory as one would see it regularly. Gravity is also a theory, do you deny that there is a force created by motion holding us and everything on this planet down? Nearly all scientists believe in evolution, in fact most of the leading persons dealing in evolutionary studies are Christians who without doubt know it is true.

okay, scientists were never wrong, they are superior human beings and we should actually praise them...

when scientists claimed jews were less human beings to back ? 's perverted holocaust, they were just making theories. hey, it's not their fault 6 million jews got killed in the process, it was just a theory after all!

now i see why you caught feelings, sorry professor, my bad!

On that note:

MEMO TO ALL THE ATHEISTS/SATANISTS/AGNOSTICS/HATERS OR WHATEVER YOU CALL YOURSELF NOWADAYS:

Being a christian is not about believing dinosaurs (how absurd some of these weirdos on here are - face palm, really...) existed or did not exist at whatever point of time at whatever place. it is about loving ? and loving your neighbour like you love yourself. this is the main most important principle jesus christ claimed.

you do not prove this wrong by finding a section in a 100 times translated and changed bible, which mentions abraham touching a bohemian ruby and then coming up with some historian saying back then there were no bohemian rubies. the only thing you do this way is proving your absurdness.

if you choose against love and believe in hate so be it, but please stop coming up with strawman fallacies like dinosaurs or bohemian rubies to prove your belief system. thanks.
    Matthew 22:36-40
    New International Version (NIV)
    36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your ? with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Was there not a being living on earth prior to adam and eve?
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Yes, I believed they existed.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ive heard that these bones folks are finding are not real....be honest the only place they digging for dead dinosaurs are out in the deserts?

so no dinosaurs roamed and died in detroit or miami or even in texas??

ive never seen them digging for ? ever
  • Ishi
    Ishi Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    nah bruh ? planted the bones here just to test your faith...

Lmao at Jesus with a Scuba diving set on deck planting bones all around the world.
  • Lincoln
    Lincoln Members Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ive heard that these bones folks are finding are not real....be honest the only place they digging for dead dinosaurs are out in the deserts?

so no dinosaurs roamed and died in detroit or miami or even in texas??

ive never seen them digging for ? ever

http://www.enchantedlearning.com/subjects/dinosaurs/dinofossils/locations/
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ? who don't believe that dinosaurs existed are the same ones who think the moon landing was faked.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    dinosaurs and ? are not mutually exclusive ? exists outside of time. Evolution is real and so is ? .
  • Ishi
    Ishi Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Matt did some truly masterful trolling in this thread. Bravo, sir.

Word this ? gave the simplest reply's to cats actually displaying logic and facts.
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    i believe all of it.

but its one thing for a non believer to deny that Jesus of Nazareth existed.

a non Christian can believe that Jesus, son of mary and joseph was crucified, with the blessing of Pilot and the pressure of the Jews.

that is different than denying that Jesus of Nazereth was the Son of ? who rose from dead after 3 days and appeared to the disciples and later ascended into heaven.

I dunno about that other ? but we're pretty sure the guys name wasn't "jesus" as the English pronunciation of the letter "J" didn't and doesn't exist in the Hebrew/Aramaic languages.

Plus I've also heard that the Jesus story swagger jacked the story of Ra (the Egyptian sun ? ) but ive never looked it up myself to verify.
  • p-tavern
    p-tavern Members Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Dinosaurs were aliens that colonized this planet. They went to war with another alien faction, who destroyed them but did so much damage in the process that they now live underground. They then created humans and sent them up to the outside world as unwitting slaves to do their bidding until they are ready to reemerge in 2012.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Dinosaurs did exist as it has been proven and you can view their bones in Museums across the world.
  • p-tavern
    p-tavern Members Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    Dinosaurs did exist as it has been proven and you can view their bones in Museums across the world.

Faulty logic. There's a Holocaust museum too, but it doesn't mean that ? actually went down like that.
  • -Vincenzo-
    -Vincenzo- Members Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    Theories can be wrong
    but science as a whole (the scientific process) Is not wrong.

If you really think that there is something wrong with building your beliefs around things you observe, test countless times, publish, and have other universities replicate & verify, then you are a ? idiot.

i dont think that's what anyone actually meant but well...
This discussion has been closed.