Do you believe dinosaurs existed?

Options

Comments

• Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    tru_m.a.c wrote: »
    how can you forget the son of ? and resurrections stuff...that is jesus of nazereth

pretty much you are qualifying your statement by saying a dude named jesus existed, its just that he may not have been the mythical spirit we believe....to raise even that point throws salt on christianity

you can't believe some of it just to cover your ass

i believe all of it.

but its one thing for a non believer to deny that Jesus of Nazareth existed.

a non Christian can believe that Jesus, son of mary and joseph was crucified, with the blessing of Pilot and the pressure of the Jews.

that is different than denying that Jesus of Nazereth was the Son of ? who rose from dead after 3 days and appeared to the disciples and later ascended into heaven.
  • Darius
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ah thanks for falling into the trap

1. the word Day is defined as a unit of measurement = to 1 earth rotation aka 24hrs
    2. whoever wrote the bible knew what a day was equal to (you're going to fall into another trap so don't even play devils advocate with this one)

so that answer itself smashes that ? "time doesn't apply to ? thing" because it doesn't matter if it applied to ? , it only matters if it applied to the person who wrote the book for ?

in order for it to apply to the author, it has to apply to ? . meaning the author is speaking for ? , not for man.
  • Darius
    edited October 2011
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    Is there any evidence, besides the writings of the bible and other fools who didn't live in his time, that he existed?

(even if he did, it doesn't bug me, he wasn't the "son of ? " or "? in the flesh")

well you've already got your mind made up, so no matter what 'evidence' there is, you'll never accept it
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    in order for it to apply to the author, it has to apply to ? . meaning the author is speaking for ? , not for man.

lol no...no it doesn't

your logic is so wrong right there lmao
  • tru_m.a.c
    edited October 2011
    Options
    well you've already got your mind made up, so no matter what 'evidence' there is, you'll never accept it

the bible cannot be evidence of the bible

lol you can't tell me the bible is real cause Luke said in passage whatever that so and so would happen

how does that even make sense
  • tru_m.a.c
    edited October 2011
    Options
    i believe all of it.

Ok I'll stop you right there

when you say all...do you mean the human definition of all??? or the christian definition of "all" (u know how for y'all, the only evidence that is true is the evidence that fits your view on life)
  • Darius
    edited October 2011
    Options
    the bible cannot be evidence of the bible

lol you can't tell me the bible is real cause Luke said in passage whatever that so and so would happen

how does that even make sense

thats not at all what i'm saying. I'm saying no matter what information is out there about Jesus that isn't contained in the Bible will be shot down by someone who already has their mind made up.
  • DatNiggaB1
    DatNiggaB1 Members Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    If you believe in aliens? Could that alien be ? ? Sure your not referring to the same thing?
  • tru_m.a.c
    edited October 2011
    Options
    thats not at all what i'm saying. I'm saying no matter what information is out there about Jesus that isn't contained in the Bible will be shot down by someone who already has their mind made up.

not really.....it's just that your concepts and scenarios are so ridiculous it's unbelievable you would even consider it "evidence"
  • -Vincenzo-
    -Vincenzo- Members Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    these atheists on here never cease to amuse me...

1. not even scientists/historians deny the existence of jesus christ. if you don't believe in the spiritual part okay, but i saw several dudes on here actually claiming jesus never existed.

2. if you question christianity because of historic/scientific stuff, you also question islam and judaism. these religions are built on the same historic foundation.

3. mankind in the form we know now is app. 195,000 years old, correct. but prehistoric men are millions of years old. do your research. besides that science was proven to be wrong so often, that's why stuff like evolution are called theory, it's not like scientists themselves even claim it is the truth. moreover as far as i know neither the bible nor the quran or the torah deny the existence of dinosaurs.

try something else...

if you really choose to be atheists at least educate yourself about your 'alternative lifestyle', cause right now you are just pourin jelly on yourself.
  • tru_m.a.c
    edited October 2011
    Options
    DatNiggaB1 wrote: »
    If you believe in aliens? Could that alien be ? ? Sure your not referring to the same thing?

If you're christian you believe in one specific type of ? with specific actions/value systems

u can't substitute that belief with a belief in aliens...that is some sacrilegious ?
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ? is the creator. Outside of Him, energy cannot be created nor destroyed. He is the sole "editor" of the universe

Saying that the Bible is false because it doesn't include the dinosaurs is an invalid application of deductive logic.
  • Darius
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Ok I'll stop you right there

when you say all...do you mean the human definition of all??? or the christian definition of "all" (u know how for y'all, the only evidence that is true is the evidence that fits your view on life)

the bible is without error. to deny any of it is to deny all of it. its not a pick and chose thing.

The Bible is totally true and without any error. (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
    All of the Bible must be proclaimed without apology or fear. (Acts 20:27)
  • tru_m.a.c
    edited October 2011
    Options
    -Vincenzo- wrote: »
    3. mankind in the form we know now is app. 195,000 years old, correct. but prehistoric men are millions of years old. do your research. besides that science was proven to be wrong so often, that's why stuff like evolution are called theory, it's not like scientists themselves even claim it is the truth. moreover as far as i know neither the bible nor the quran or the tora deny the existence of dinosaurs.

this point is contradictory....how can man be 195k years old, prehistoric men be millions of years old

but biblically the earth is 6-10k yrs old
  • tru_m.a.c
    edited October 2011
    Options
    the bible is without error. to deny any of it is to deny all of it. its not a pick and chose thing.

The Bible is totally true and without any error. (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
    All of the Bible must be proclaimed without apology or fear. (Acts 20:27)

*sits and waits for another devout christian to contradict matt*

remember folks he said its 100% or nothing at all.....not 95 not 82, 100
  • -Vincenzo-
    -Vincenzo- Members Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    *sits and waits for another devout christian to contradict matt*

remember folks he said its 100% or nothing at all.....not 95 not 82, 100

dear 'dinosaur slash religion' expert tru mac, you never read the bible. you never read the quran. you never read the torah. everything you know about dinosaurs, you know from watching jurassic park and skimming through a wikipedia article. please stop. you are making a complete fool of you right now.

and please spare us the rant you are planning to type right now, unless you have at least read the book you like to speak of so much in its entire form. thanks.
  • @My_nameaintearl
    @My_nameaintearl Banned Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Matt did some truly masterful trolling in this thread. Bravo, sir.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    DatNiggaB1 wrote: »

If you're christian you believe in one specific type of ? with specific actions/value systems

u can't substitute that belief with a belief in aliens...that is some sacrilegious ?

Actually, the gods, angels, demons and devils are aliens. These aliens were just given titles by the ancient people. Or, that is the 'theory', in which I do believe.
  • tru_m.a.c
    edited October 2011
    Options
    dear 'dinosaur slash religion' expert tru mac, you never read the bible. you never read the quran. you never read the torah. everything you know about dinosaurs, you know from watching jurassic park and skimming through a wikipedia article. please stop. you are making a complete fool of you right now.

and please spare us the rant you are planning to type right now, unless you have at least read the book you like to speak of so much in its entire form. thanks.

? I'm at work...I ain't got time to rant lol

these are like 30 second post gtfoh

and you don't need to read it, to decipher that the laws that govern your religious realities are quite condescending (oh I went to catholic school btw)

for example, the age of accountability thing, is one of the most perplexing laws of religious physics I can think of. Go research it and give me your opinion and I'll give you mine.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited October 2011
    Options
    these atheists on here never cease to amuse me...

Because they are most likely spitting knowledge. Knowledge in itself is very interesting.

Atheists say interesting things

Interesting things = Amusement

Therefore it's obvious that an atheist would in fact amuse you.
    1. not even scientists/historians deny the existence of jesus christ. if you don't believe in the spiritual part okay, but i saw several dudes on here actually claiming jesus never existed.

Untrue. Most scientists and historians do not believe that Yeshua existed. And the minority of them who do really have large scattered views. But surely even of that group "Jesus of Nazareth" is one of many proposed persons believed to be Yeshua.

2. if you question christianity because of historic/scientific stuff, you also question islam and judaism. these religions are built on the same historic foundation.

Most people do.
    3. mankind in the form we know now is app. 195,000 years old, correct. but prehistoric men are millions of years old. do your research. besides that science was proven to be wrong so often, that's why stuff like evolution are called theory, it's not like scientists themselves even claim it is the truth. moreover as far as i know neither the bible nor the quran or the torah deny the existence of dinosaurs.

Like tru_mac said, you're contradicting yourself in this quote. Also if you're differentiating ? sapiens with other classes of human ("prehistoric men"), you are voiding your own "evolution is fact" reasoning.

Science is not proven wrong. Science is not a thing nor theory. Science is a process in which an observation is made and many people are presented evidence to support a proposed theory. Scientific theories or claims are often changed or revised because of this. Therefore if anything science is often solidified and verified more than it is "Wrong". In actuality it can never be "wrong" because it is not a believe or don't believe system. Meaning that it is only moving toward truth no matter the outcome.

IE : The Earth is no longer believed to be flat, for science to ever be "wrong" it would have to be like this

1. The general consensus is that the Earth is flat.
    2. Through years of research, scrutiny, and feelings being caught it is observed and known to be spherical without any reason to deny this.
    3. Science tells the world to ? off with your evidence, we like it flat so its undoubtedly flat. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.
    4. People say "well that solves it its definitely flat!"
    However we both know this isn't how it works, therefore science is not wrong and due to it's openness to discussion, debate, change, and rationality it cannot now nor ever be wrong.

Theory in scientific terms is different from theory as one would see it regularly. Gravity is also a theory, do you deny that there is a force created by motion holding us and everything on this planet down? Nearly all scientists believe in evolution, in fact most of the leading persons dealing in evolutionary studies are Christians who without doubt know it is true.
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Amusing question.
  • tru_m.a.c
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Matt did some truly masterful trolling in this thread. Bravo, sir.

lol he did...but it served its purpose because there are actual religious ppl who will go through this post thinking like that
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    my only question regarding this topic would be:

how did they come up with these 10 to 100 millions of years timelines?
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options

way to ignore what he posted lol
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Because they are most likely spitting knowledge. Knowledge in itself is very interesting.

Atheists say interesting things

Interesting things = Amusement

Therefore it's obvious that an atheist would in fact amuse you.

Untrue. Most scientists and historians do not believe that Yeshua existed. And the minority of them who do really have large scattered views. But surely even of that group "Jesus of Nazareth" is one of many proposed persons believed to be Yeshua.

Most people do.

Like tru_mac said, you're contradicting yourself in this quote. Also if you're differentiating ? sapiens with other classes of human ("prehistoric men"), you are voiding your own "evolution is fact" reasoning.

Science is not proven wrong. Science is not a thing nor theory. Science is a process in which an observation is made and many people are presented evidence to support a proposed theory. Scientific theories or claims are often changed or revised because of this. Therefore if anything science is often solidified and verified more than it is "Wrong". In actuality it can never be "wrong" because it is not a believe or don't believe system. Meaning that it is only moving toward truth no matter the outcome.

IE : The Earth is no longer believed to be flat, for science to ever be "wrong" it would have to be like this

1. The general consensus is that the Earth is flat.
    2. Through years of research, scrutiny, and feelings being caught it is observed and known to be spherical without any reason to deny this.
    3. Science tells the world to ? off with your evidence, we like it flat so its undoubtedly flat. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.
    4. People say "well that solves it its definitely flat!"
    However we both know this isn't how it works, therefore science is not wrong and due to it's openness to discussion, debate, change, and rationality it cannot now nor ever be wrong.

Theory in scientific terms is different from theory as one would see it regularly. Gravity is also a theory, do you deny that there is a force created by motion holding us and everything on this planet down? Nearly all scientists believe in evolution, in fact most of the leading persons dealing in evolutionary studies are Christians who without doubt know it is true.

damn he shut dude down
This discussion has been closed.