Comments

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    carbon dated years is not a 1:1 ration to calander years

its a different dating system

but if it date it back to the magical fairy ? or jesus, OH LAWD! MORE PROOF IT'S TRUE! THANK ? !

gtfohwtbs

DoU is on that same ? , don't believe it when it contradicts the bible but if it correlates with it then he believes it, SMMFH
  • thekillingjoke
    thekillingjoke Members Posts: 429
    edited October 2011
    Options
    DatNiggaB1 wrote: »
    I'm not saying I believe. The fact there was dinosaurs is the one thing that makes me question Christianity.

I could write three books on the contridictions of Christianity, but I don't have that kinda time in my life. But good for you, continue to question things, it stimulates intelligent conversation and hopefully evolution of our species.
  • VIBE
    edited October 2011
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    1. I believe man is way older than we think, i also don't believe in creation nor evolution.
    2. Ya'll do realize the ? ya'll read (the Bible) had books removed from it by Constantine the Great at the Council of Nicea. Believing in the bible is like believing Wikipedia information.
    3. Yes dinosaurs existed, there is fossil evidence to prove that. The problem with religion and science is people act like they can't coexist, to me science is the language of a greater power.

1. Then how did we get here? We would've had to evolve.
    2. Yes.
    3. Yes.

Science has it's flaws and makes it's mistakes, they always correct it. It's them "fame" scientist you gotta look out for, the ones who will pull the wool over others eyes so that they can lay credit to the discoveries. They don't care if they're discredited after they died either, so they'll be found flawed and corrected later. People act like science, once wrong about _____, is always wrong.
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    kai_valya wrote: »
    there is always a margin of error when it comes to isotope dating. but if the dinosaurs went extinct at the end of the cretaceous period and the beginning of the tertiary period, using argon-argon dating, that's around 65.95 million years ago (give or take 40,000 years). and the earliest ? sapien remains found are about 195,000 years ago, there's still no way that human beings and dinosaurs coexisted

there are plenty of ways. argon-argon dating is all based on estimation and inexact science. I'm not saying that carbon based or any other chemical based dating formulas are invalid, i'm saying they become less reliable when venturing into the millions of years territory
  • Darius
    edited October 2011
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    but if it date it back to the magical fairy ? or jesus, OH LAWD! MORE PROOF IT'S TRUE! THANK ? !

gtfohwtbs

DoU is on that same ? , don't believe it when it contradicts the bible but if it correlates with it then he believes it, SMMFH

the existance of Jesus Christ has nothing to do with carbon dating.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    lol, no just some stuff i remembered from an archeology class i took last year

saying you don't believe in evolution is like saying you don't believe in gravity.

I understand everyone evolves in some way, be it through mutation or something. I don't believe in we evolve from apes in a natural manner, why have we not be able to find the missing link, why have we not been able to find out why Neanderthal just died off. The dates of the splitting of the species through mutation doesn't even match up in the timeline. It would take way more years than what science says for that type of mutation to occur.

It's pretty clear that something happen in humans "evolution" to speed up our process.
  • Darius
    edited October 2011
    Options
    DatNiggaB1 wrote: »
    There is no way man and dinosaur could of co-existed. Humans would of been breakfast, lunch and dinner for them muhfuggas. This is a question my mother can't even answer and she a Jehovahs Witness. It's scientifically proven dinosaurs roamed the earth. So was that before mankind? The bible states that the earth was uninhabitable before ? created the earth in six days and then rested on the seventh. How would mankind survive if dinosaurs roamed?

how do you know that the "days" during creation refer to a 24 hour day?
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ehhh....i think there can be middle ground. i think any rational person can see that the bible isnt a 100% factual historical document. its filled with stories and lessons, and a little history. i take it as just that. for the lessons, if i take it at all.

you gotta remember when the bible was written...you couldve been killed for questioning if it was the word of ? ...so ofcourse people took it as that. some still do

so what exactly is the middle ground???

since part is true and part is false, please point out all the false parts...keyword being "all"
  • VIBE
    edited October 2011
    Options
    the existance of Jesus Christ has nothing to do with carbon dating.

If anything dates back to his time, then they use that as "evidence" or anything that has to do with the bible and it dates back to that time it does. Hell, there's Jesus' ? damn Shroud of Turin out there, also the supposed nails to crucify him that date back to his time. They use that as evidence lol come on now man, there isn't evidence of Jesus at all, not even his bones, which unlike with the Dinos we do have to show they actually existed.
  • usmarin3
    edited October 2011
    Options
    1. Then how did we get here? We would've had to evolve.
    2. Yes.
    3. Yes.

Science has it's flaws and makes it's mistakes, they always correct it. It's them "fame" scientist you gotta look out for, the ones who will pull the wool over others eyes so that they can lay credit to the discoveries. They don't care if they're discredited after they died either, so they'll be found flawed and corrected later. People act like science, once wrong about _____, is always wrong.

My honest opinion is a outside force sped up our evolution, and some type of genetic engineering took place. Which would explain the numerous species and why some died out, it would also explain the missing link.

I think what we think we know of our history as man is nothing like what really happened in the pass.
  • VIBE
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I understand everyone evolves in some way, be it through mutation or something. I don't believe in we evolve from apes in a natural manner, why have we not be able to find the missing link, why have we not been able to find out why Neanderthal just died off. The dates of the splitting of the species through mutation doesn't even match up in the timeline. It would take way more years than what science says for that type of mutation to occur.

It's pretty clear that something happen in humans "evolution" to speed up our process.

Well lol there's a theory out there that has to do with aliens and evolution and how they "sped" up our process...
  • tru_m.a.c
    edited October 2011
    Options
    how do you know that the "days" during creation refer to a 24 hour day?

cause its earth genius
  • thekillingjoke
    thekillingjoke Members Posts: 429
    edited October 2011
    Options

I read a book by Terrance McKenna called Food of The Gods, he theorized that when the monkeys came down from the trees as the grasslands receded, the monkeys saw these psychdelic mushrooms from beneath cow ? , ate them and had psychdelic trips, which helped developed the pituitary gland, which is called "the master gland", which is responsible for your physical and mental growth. It's an interesting read, changed my way of thinking on humans and relations to monkeys
  • tru_m.a.c
    edited October 2011
    Options
    all isotopes degrade based on their half lives, and the more time that passes, the less of a sample you have to test. but there is nothing inexact about it because every isotope has an exact half-life which can be measured. so unless the laws of physics and chemistry don't apply, i don't see how it's inexact. even if you include a very wide margin of error tho, ? sapiens and dinosaurs don't even come close to existing within the same time period.

these ? ain't pay attention in BASIC high school biology....u can't explain isotopes and carbon dating to them
  • Darius
    edited October 2011
    Options
    all isotopes degrade based on their half lives, and the more time that passes, the less of a sample you have to test. but there is nothing inexact about it because every isotope has an exact half-life which can be measured. so unless the laws of physics and chemistry don't apply, i don't see how it's inexact. even if you include a very wide margin of error tho, ? sapiens and dinosaurs don't even come close to existing within the same time period.

science itself is not exact, and parts of science have been proven inaccurte throughout history, so what makes you think this is any different?
  • usmarin3
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Well lol there's a theory out there that has to do with aliens and evolution and how they "sped" up our process...

Something definitely happen to speed the ? up the process, it took us thousands of years to even create basic tools with rocks then over night ? had building atom bombs.

People just refuse to acknowledge what's in front of their eyes, that something happen beyond basic evolution to jump start ? . Same ? for the technological revolution in the early 20th century.
  • VIBE
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I read a book by Terrance McKenna called Food of The Gods, he theorized that when the monkeys came down from the trees as the grasslands receded, the monkeys saw these psychdelic mushrooms from beneath cow ? , ate them and had psychdelic trips, which helped developed the pituitary gland, which is called "the master gland", which is responsible for your physical and mental growth. It's an interesting read, changed my way of thinking on humans and relations to monkeys

-___-

smh, how would the cows survive then?
  • Darius
    edited October 2011
    Options
    tru_m.a.c wrote: »
    cause its earth genius

oh yeah, the earth has operating under the same set of time forever and the Bible never says that time doesn't apply to ?
  • VIBE
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Something definitely happen to speed the ? up the process, it took us thousands of years to even create basic tools with rocks then over night ? had building atom bombs.

People just refuse to acknowledge what's in front of their eyes, that something happen beyond basic evolution to jump start ? . Same ? for the technological revolution in the early 20th century.

I agree w the alien theory, I just wasn't sure if you knew or agreed. I too think it's the missing link, it makes sense. It's the fact when people hear or see the world, "alien", they think the wrong things.
  • Generic
    Generic Members Posts: 1,043 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
  • Darius
    edited October 2011
    Options
    If anything dates back to his time, then they use that as "evidence" or anything that has to do with the bible and it dates back to that time it does. Hell, there's Jesus' ? damn Shroud of Turin out there, also the supposed nails to crucify him that date back to his time. They use that as evidence lol come on now man, there isn't evidence of Jesus at all, not even his bones, which unlike with the Dinos we do have to show they actually existed.

are you saying that Jesus Of Nazereth, crucified by the Jews at the hands of Pilot is not a historical person? forget the son of ? and resurrections stuff. but are you saying the other stuff is false too?
  • tru_m.a.c
    edited October 2011
    Options
    oh yeah, the earth has operating under the same set of time forever and the Bible never says that time doesn't apply to ?

ah thanks for falling into the trap

1. the word Day is defined as a unit of measurement = to 1 earth rotation aka 24hrs
    2. whoever wrote the bible knew what a day was equal to (you're going to fall into another trap so don't even play devils advocate with this one)

so that answer itself smashes that ? "time doesn't apply to ? thing" because it doesn't matter if it applied to ? , it only matters if it applied to the person who wrote the book for ?
  • tru_m.a.c
    edited October 2011
    Options
    are you saying that Jesus Of Nazereth, crucified by the Jews at the hands of Pilot is not a historical person? forget the son of ? and resurrections stuff. but are you saying the other stuff is false too?

how can you forget the son of ? and resurrections stuff...that is jesus of nazereth

pretty much you are qualifying your statement by saying a dude named jesus existed, its just that he may not have been the mythical spirit we believe....to raise even that point throws salt on christianity

you can't believe some of it just to cover your ass
  • tru_m.a.c
    edited October 2011
    Options
    science itself is not exact, and parts of science have been proven inaccurte throughout history, so what makes you think this is any different?

because unlike religion science attempts to correct and recorrect itself...and when its wrong IT COMES OUT AND SAYS ITS WRONG
  • VIBE
    edited October 2011
    Options

Is there any evidence, besides the writings of the bible and other fools who didn't live in his time, that he existed?

(even if he did, it doesn't bug me, he wasn't the "son of ? " or "? in the flesh")
This discussion has been closed.