J.Cole isn't That Great Lyrically....

Options

Comments

• usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Cole problem is that he tries to dumb down and be on cruise control lyrically. ? like "Premeditated Murder" amd "We On" show what he's capable of.

"Dollar & A Dream 3" was one line short of being 100% perfect because of that "YOU THINK YOU THE ? BUT YOU CAN'T OUTFART ME" nonsense. That's that cruise control ? I'm talking about.

He's not better than Kendrick Lamar and he damn sure ain't better than Jay Electronica. Better than Wale, Ace Hood, and Meek Mill? Sure. He's damn near not better than Big KRIT either.

? , ? out of here. KRIT is extremely mediocre lyricist, good artist/producer but better than J Cole lyrically? Hell ? naw
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    ? , ? out of here. KRIT is extremely mediocre lyricist, good artist/producer but better than J Cole lyrically? Hell ? naw

As far as substance and connecting with content (which is a part of lyricism), KRIT > Cole. Cole's advantages over KRIT is that he flows better and his wordplay is A BIT more intricate.

Like I said, he's barely better than KRIT lyrically.
  • soul rattler
    edited November 2011
    Options
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    This J. Cole goof is the epitome of mediocrity....I see why he's always say "? " after every bar, to make up for his lyrical deficiency.
    Meek Mills, ASAP Rocky, Jay Electronica, Vado, Stalley >>>> J. Cole
  • usmarin3
    edited November 2011
    Options
    As far as substance and connecting with content (which is a part of lyricism), KRIT > Cole. Cole's advantages over KRIT is that he flows better and his wordplay is A BIT more intricate.

Like I said, he's barely better than KRIT lyrically.

Dude just shut the ? up, because as far as substance and content they pretty much rap about the same ? ? . Lyricism is wordplay, metaphors, double entandres, etc (figures of speech) to paint a picture (CONTENT DOESN'T HAVE ? TO DO WITH LYRICISM). Krit is nowhere are nice as J Cole putting together words, flow has nothing to do with ? either.
  • usmarin3
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Yamoley wrote: »
    This J. Cole goof is the epitome of mediocrity....I see why he's always say "? " after every bar, to make up for his lyrical deficiency.

Screaming on tracks doesn't make you a lyricist either (Meek Mills) and if i was gonna listen to that ? i would much rather listen to Freeway or Meek Mills daddy Petey ? .

Vado ain't nothing but a punchline rapper

Stalley is a dope artist but he ain't a better lyricist

Jay E is better lyrically then Cole

Asap Rocky, never cared enough to listen.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    His punchlines are ass thats the only gripe i have about him other thats he's a great all around artist and he probally wll get better, and he;s one of the few artist who crafted an album not a bs mixtape and called an album
  • soul rattler
    edited November 2011
    Options

Chill. Vado isn't ? with Cole. At all.
  • soul rattler
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Dude just shut the ? up.

Take your own advice until you learn what lyricism is.
  • YamoleySensei
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Chill. Vado isn't ? with Cole. At all.

ain't no chill, Vado would lyrically man-handle that kid on a track....
    Cole is the southern version of Papoose.
  • idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options

vado's nice, but not better than cole.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Cole problem is that he tries to dumb down and be on cruise control lyrically. ? like "Premeditated Murder" amd "We On" show what he's capable of.

"Dollar & A Dream 3" was one line short of being 100% perfect because of that "YOU THINK YOU THE ? BUT YOU CAN'T OUTFART ME" nonsense. That's that cruise control ? I'm talking about.

He's not better than Kendrick Lamar and he damn sure ain't better than Jay Electronica. Better than Wale, Ace Hood, and Meek Mill? Sure. He's damn near not better than Big KRIT either.

i would agree with this but I would say he's better than Meek and Ace. Not sure i can put Ace and Meek in the lyrical category. I used to always think cole was better than Krit on the mic but recently i'm really rethinking that. Krit Cole and Wale are all about the same to me lyrically Wale just has the edge in world play
  • supaman4321
    supaman4321 Members Posts: 946
    edited November 2011
    Options
    J. Cole better than Kendrick or Lupe?

the person that said that needs to have their posting privileges revoked indefinitely

anybody that agrees should be shot
  • usmarin3
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Take your own advice until you learn what lyricism is.

Your the ? talking about content, subject, and flow. None of that ? has anything to do with lyricism, only further proving you're trolling in this thread.
  • soul rattler
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Fam, Vado easily had the worst verse on that track with Lloyd Banks and Fabolous. I doubt Cole would go out like that. If anybody is the Southern Papoose, it's Lil Flip or Mike Jones or some ? .
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    i would agree with this but I would say he's better than Meek and Ace. Not sure i can put Ace and Meek in the lyrical category. I used to always think cole was better than Krit on the mic but recently i'm really rethinking that. Krit Cole and Wale are all about the same to me lyrically Wale just has the edge in world play

This is exactly where I am. Returnof4eva is superior to Cole World. Wale's delivery is as bland as cardboard to me but yeah I'd concede that he and Cole are about equal. Ace Hood has potential but whenever the spotlight is on him, he spits some ol ? .
  • soul rattler
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Your the ? talking about content, subject, and flow. None of that ? has anything to do with lyricism, only further proving you're trolling in this thread.

Calm down lil dude. I'm trolling because I don't consider Cole to be clearly better than KRIT? Stop being so emotionally invested in that ? .
  • YamoleySensei
    edited November 2011
    Options

the person that said that needs to have their posting privileges revoked indefinitely

Never heard anything from that Kendrick Lamarr kid, but Cole better than Lupe? Get the ? outta here....
    How the ? a basic ass ? like Cole better than a lyrical titan like Lupe...granted, "Lasers" sucked, the album only had 3 dope tracks but Lupe is in the upper echelon when it comes to lyrics whereas Cole is at the bottom of the totem pole....
  • idoitforhiphop10
    edited November 2011
    Options

who said he was better than lupe?
  • YamoleySensei
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Fam, Vado easily had the worst verse on that track with Lloyd Banks and Fabolous. I doubt Cole would go out like that. If anybody is the Southern Papoose, it's Lil Flip or Mike Jones or some ? .
    I don't care if he had the worst verse....that's irrelevant, all I know is he could easily ? on Cole on any given day. As a matter of fact, Vado is way better than that Big Krit ? , too.
  • idoitforhiphop10
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I don't care if he had the worst verse....that's irrelevant, all I know is he could easily ? on Cole on any given day. As a matter of fact, Vado is way better than that Big Krit ? , too.

vado could never make nothin as compelling as krit wuz here
  • Bigavelli
    Bigavelli Members Posts: 3,465
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Very average Lyrically but lacks good Song Writting ability as well

Biggest weakness is his Production
  • Bigavelli
    Bigavelli Members Posts: 3,465
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Nipsey Hussle, Big Kritt, Vado, Meek Mill, Jay Rock, Wiz Khalifa, Wale>>>>>>>>>>>>>J Cole

As far as Lyrically and making Music
  • idoitforhiphop10
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Bigavelli wrote: »
    Very average Lyrically but lacks good Song Writting ability as well

Biggest weakness is his Production

j.cole's production>>>>>>>>>>>>>eminem's
  • YamoleySensei
    edited November 2011
    Options
    vado could never make nothin as compelling as krit wuz here

Krit is another run-of-mill southern rapper with subpar lyrics....no way in hell he's ? with Vado.
    LMAO!@ Dretox saying Wal-E's Sheryl Swoops looking ass is better than Cole....those two are in the same level of wackness
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Bigavelli wrote: »
    Nipsey Hussle, Big Kritt, Vado, Meek Mill, Jay Rock, Wiz Khalifa, Wale>>>>>>>>>>>>>J Cole

As far as Lyrically and making Music

You don't even listen to half the artists you mentioned, you ? troll lol