J.Cole isn't That Great Lyrically....

Options

Comments

• Bigavelli
    Bigavelli Members Posts: 3,465
    edited November 2011
    Options
    You don't even listen to half the artists you mentioned, you ? troll lol

Nipsey is 1 of my fave Rappers, liked Vado since 09. heard Meek on Mixtape tracks all the way in 08, love Wiz Music

i just appreciate good music over poor back pack so called technical ? i can't stand Rappers that can't craft Songs and just Rap like robots
  • idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Bigavelli wrote: »
    Nipsey is 1 of my fave Rappers, liked Vado since 09. heard Meek on Mixtape tracks all the way in 08, love Wiz Music

i just appreciate good music over poor back pack so called technical ? i can't stand Rappers that can't craft Songs and just Rap like robots

but j.cole could craft songs though
  • Bigavelli
    edited November 2011
    Options
    but j.cole could craft songs though

Haven't heard 1 J Cole Song i can say i like and feel the need to play

I find his Songs boring and bland too many weakness as far as the Production being way too poor, Content being too boring and lack of any good Hooks
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Haven't heard 1 J Cole Song i can say i like and feel the need to play

I find his Songs boring and bland too many weakness as far as the Production being way too poor, Content being too boring and lack of any good Hooks

You're hilarious I mean based on your crieria for what you consider a good rapper Cole covers it. You like rappers that are versatile, he had ghostwritten a hit record for diddy. He produces his own music, he "sings", he talks about real life issues that people can relate to, plus he performs the majority of his own "hooks". So my conclusion is that you don't know what you like.
  • idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    You're hilarious I mean based on your crieria for what you consider a good rapper Cole covers it. You like rappers that are versatile, he had ghostwritten a hit record for diddy. He produces his own music, he "sings", he talks about real life issues that people can relate to, plus he performs the majority of his own "hooks". So my conclusion is that you don't know what you like.

she just don't like jay z, that's why she sayin that ? .
  • 5th Letter
    edited November 2011
    Options

That's certainly a possibility
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Co-sign this thread
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Cole already got that #1 album in the country 1st week and outsold your favorite new artists debut

Yall can stop hating now
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Yea...he's not.
  • Bigavelli
    edited November 2011
    Options

What good is all that when the execution is so poor?

My biggest issue with J Cole is his Production i think it sucks so bad that it not bearable to even listen to a Song i think he is probably the worst Producer i ever heard he needs to let decent Producers Produce for him

And also i hate his Singing he can't Sing at all or even make it sound decent or catchy that's why his Hooks suck the style of Singing he attempts to do in the first place is not even my cup of tea i don't like RnB the style of Singing i like is from Eminem, Max B, 50 Cent, Rocko, Wiz Khalifa etc i never been into RnB at all i find it boring

And again what good is it performing your own Hooks if you suck at them that's why he should just get features for Hooks like he did on the Trey Songz collab cos his Hooks are a huge weakness

As far as Content i can't relate to anything he has covered in his Music and also his Delivery of what he saying makes it sound boring it's the same with Joe Budden he talks about real life issues but he makes it sound boring cos his Delivery and Flow also sucks

Those things you said mean nothing if the excecution is poor and the Music sounds horrible which is why i can't enjoy even 1 J Cole Song
  • 5th Letter
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I guess we might have an intervention in this thread. That same logic applies to why those that dislike your favorite rappers music. "the execution" is "poor". No one that likes j Cole will be forcing their opinions on you about Cole.
  • Bigavelli
    edited November 2011
    Options

I like Kanye West he is very good and makes good Music, i like Beanie Sigel he is decent and underrated, i liked Dipset when they were on Rocafella 03-05 times

All affiliated or were affiliated with Jay Z

I simply don't like J Cole cos i think his Music sucks and it is too boring and he has probably the worst Production i ever heard even worst then Nas worst Beats, i think he lacks replay value and i just having listened to his Mixtapes and Album could not get into the Music it was just too poor for me

But i'm happy new talented Artists like Nipsey Hussle and Wiz have come through
  • Bigavelli
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I guess we might have an intervention in this thread. That same logic applies to why those that dislike your favorite rappers music. "the execution" is "poor". No one that likes j Cole will be forcing their opinions on you about Cole.

Seems like that is what you doing but i simply explained to you in detail why i can't stand his Music and so have a lotta others said similar things i have
  • 5th Letter
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Seems like that is what you doing but i simply explained to you in detail why i can't stand his Music and so have a lotta others said similar things i have

How am I trying to force my opinions on you? I'm not trying to convince you why Cole is "great"
  • Bigavelli
    edited November 2011
    Options
    How am I trying to force my opinions on you? I'm not trying to convince you why Cole is "great"

You simply can not convince someone because the fact is his Music sucks and he is a below average Rapper
  • 5th Letter
    edited November 2011
    Options
    You simply can not convince someone because the fact is his Music sucks and he is a below average Rapper

You're just a blogger what do you know. His album got good reviews and he sold 200k plus his first week. In the "real world" Cole "gets love"
  • Bigavelli
    edited November 2011
    Options
    You're just a blogger what do you know. His album got good reviews and he sold 200k plus his first week. In the "real world" Cole "gets love"

200K? lmao

Talk if he ever goes Platinum which is like never!!! haha

I don't care about reviews i base my opinion on listening to the Albums then judging them
  • 5th Letter
    edited November 2011
    Options
    200K? lmao

Talk if he ever goes Platinum which is like never!!! haha

I don't care about reviews i base my opinion on listening to the Albums then judging them

So reviews only matter when they suit your agenda. Oh okay.
  • Bigavelli
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I'm not going to say silly things like i can't relate to J Cole cos i never grew up in a Trailor or cos i never grew up in the country in a hick state

But everything J Cole has Rapped about i personally can't relate to

Like that Song Killer the concept was ok even though that's been done countless times when i heard J Cole telling the story of a killer it seemed so bland to me there was no real emotion no vibe where i got that said to me wow that was deep it was just too forced and the Beat sucked

Now if Styles P did that same Song it would be fire i think
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    edited November 2011
    Options

no you dumb ? that's your OPINION, it's not a fact
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Another day, another J.Cole thread where people catch feelings from the trolls.

Just some things I'mma drop off.

Current Drake > Current Cole. Cole regressed a whole lot on his album.

KRIT >>>> Cole LYRICALLY

That said Cole is that great lyrically if we're talking at least a year back.

Finally Famous: The Album isn't half as bad as you ? feelings caught from Dayday make it out to be.
  • MAKAVELI25
    MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options

KRIT >>>> Cole LYRICALLY

Finally Famous: The Album isn't half as bad as you ? feelings caught from Dayday make it out to be.

"Finally Famous" is for kids, breh. While I agree with T/S's premise, we need to make some things clear. Kendrick Lamar is EASILY a be a better rapper than Cole. Drake is EASILY a better artist and arguably a better rapper. Wale is arguably as good a rapper.

Big Sean shouldn't even be compared to anyone who I have mentioned above
  • StillDreaming
    StillDreaming Members Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I just finally conceded that J Cole just ain't for me. I like a few songs of his but he can't really keep my attention for long periods. My brother thinks J Cole is the best rapper in the game and so do alotta ppl I work with. So I wont down him ill just keep it moving.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I just finally conceded that J Cole just ain't for me. I like a few songs of his but he can't really keep my attention for long periods. My brother thinks J Cole is the best rapper in the game and so do alotta ppl I work with. So I wont down him ill just keep it moving.

Respectable opinion
  • 5th Letter
    edited November 2011
    Options

KRIT >>>> Cole LYRICALLY

at the bold, you like drakes music better so thats not a surprise you'd say that.

at the underlined what makes krit better lyrically?