Official ATHEIST/AGNOSTIC THREAD

Options

Comments

• fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    KplusK wrote: »
    ok well i didnt read anything after the following statemets cause if im not mistaking their saying love or this chemical oxy-whatever is what causes females to produce milk and we have this in our ? and she in her overies so a baby is born i just couldnt allow myself to read the rest...and if im the only poster that get this out of just this forgive me for my ignorance.
    There's no need for you to accept or believe them. There are those who believe evolution is false, yet that doesn't mean evolution is anything other than true.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    its says in so many scriptures that their not the same person from genesis to revelations people get it twisted cause they believe that a man couldnt be able to do what jesus did so it mustve have been ? when it clearly states that jesus was an angel before coming to earth and his name was micheal and it also states that no one would be able to enter my fathers kingdom without going thru me first.if jesus was ? he wouldnt have stated it like that.? wouldnt come in disguise thats how satan came to man y would he do the same thing.think bout it.

Where in the Bible does it say that Jesus Christ was an angel?

Also when ? spoke to Moses from the burning bush, how did ? identify Himself?
  • KplusK
    KplusK Members Posts: 2,114 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options

ok what bible do u have cause i have new world translation so i could show u cause off top of head rite now i can say genesis and matthew and burning bush id have to look up again
  • KplusK
    edited January 2010
    Options

Read the book of jude again mite give u some insight on what im speaking on if not i'll have more for u
  • BOSS KTULU
    BOSS KTULU Banned Users Posts: 978 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    forgive me for my ignorance.

NO!

dargerhrsthshtts
  • KplusK
    edited January 2010
    Options
    BOSS KTULU wrote: »
    NO!

dargerhrsthshtts

dont post half quotes cuase u said nuttin substantial this whole thread mention sumtin meaningful first cause at least other dude coming with a lil bit of intelect. U

FAIL...lucky this board is dumb now
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ok what bible do u have cause i have new world translation so i could show u cause off top of head rite now i can say genesis and matthew and burning bush id have to look up again

I knew it. JW doctrine. Have you ever done any research about how the new world translation came to be my friend?
  • geechee slim
    geechee slim Members Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    You know there is secular evidence that prove Jesus Christ walked this earth, right?

Try me.

Have a link?
  • KplusK
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I knew it. JW doctrine. Have you ever done any research about how the new world translation came to be my friend?

Jw doctrine thats not what it is if u mean Jehova's Witnesses doctrine. There is no doctrine we have the same thing u have and...u still reading from old testaments so i guess u still believe in eye for and eye toothe for a toothe huh.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited January 2010
    Options
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Jw doctrine thats not what it is if u mean Jehova's Witnesses doctrine. There is no doctrine we have the same thing u have and...u still reading from old testaments so i guess u still believe in eye for and eye toothe for a toothe huh.

Do you know that the new world translation of the Bible is a translation produced by the JW organization which has deliberately changed the true word of ? in order to reinforce their doctrinal beliefs. The most damning heresy being the denial of the trinity. Have you researched this my friend?
  • KplusK
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Do you know that the new world translation of the Bible is a translation produced by the JW organization which has deliberately changed the true word of ? in order to reinforce their doctrinal beliefs. The most damning heresy being the denial of the trinity. Have you researched this my friend?

ur bible and my bible says the same thing my friend only thing is and i agree with a few of them it has been tampered with.The Ko Ran or how ever its spell speak of the same things that in our bible but just believe in different things.the ko ran mentions jesus also if u dont believe ask a real that studies islam....and that bible ur reading from is old scriptures which back then they call the mosaic laws which dont apply now since the death of christ. but i dont blame u cause alot of christians still believe in that.but really break down JW which stands for Jehova's Witness ok.Now Christ (in ur bible as well)went from city to city town to town to preach the word of his father..and tell me it doesnt say that in ur bible.Now how can he preach the word of his father if he he talking about himself...thats like me saying listen to kplusk cause he know what he talking bout but im talking bout myself dont make since.And thus the name JW cause before the world goes thru the downfall every person will be a witness of what Jehova or ? has in store for them .I can get into scriptures with u but its like 1:30 am and this will take all nite.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ur bible and my bible says the same thing my friend only thing is and i agree with a few of them it has been tampered with.The Ko Ran or how ever its spell speak of the same things that in our bible but just believe in different things.the ko ran mentions jesus also if u dont believe ask a real that studies islam....and that bible ur reading from is old scriptures which back then they call the mosaic laws which dont apply now since the death of christ. but i dont blame u cause alot of christians still believe in that.but really break down JW which stands for Jehova's Witness ok.Now Christ (in ur bible as well)went from city to city town to town to preach the word of his father..and tell me it doesnt say that in ur bible.Now how can he preach the word of his father if he he talking about himself...thats like me saying listen to kplusk cause he know what he talking bout but im talking bout myself dont make since.And thus the name JW cause before the world goes thru the downfall every person will be a witness of what Jehova or ? has in store for them .I can get into scriptures with u but its like 1:30 am and this will take all nite.

You've been indocritnated into the cult of JW's. It's a false religion my brother.

Here is the test, do you worship Jesus Christ as ? ?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Kay. wrote: »
    So....Picking up where we left off last time.
    I showed you an extensive list of differing versions of bibles created at different points in time.

I'd seriously like to know how you can argue its sanctity when (beyond the fact that they where SOLELY written by un-divine, flawed, corruptible men), they were altered.

Brought over from the other thread since you didn't address it.

1 question kay, why do people translate the Bible in the first place?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited January 2010
    Options
    KplusK, I am going to help educate you about the cult you are involved in. Now if you want understanding, you will read the following information.

Question: "Who are the Jehovah's Witnesses and what are their beliefs?"

Answer:
    The sect known today as the Jehovah's Witnesses started out in Pennsylvania in 1870 as a Bible class led by Charles Taze Russell. Russell named his group the “Millennial Dawn Bible Study.” Charles T. Russell began writing a series of books he called “The Millennial Dawn,” which stretched to six volumes before his death and contained much of the theology Jehovah’s Witnesses now hold. After Russell's death in 1916, Judge J. F. Rutherford, Russell's friend and successor, wrote the seventh and final volume of the “Millennial Dawn” series, “The Finished Mystery,” in 1917. The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society was founded in 1886 and quickly became the vehicle through which the “Millennial Dawn” movement began distributing their views to others. The group was known as the “Russellites” until 1931 when, due to a split in the organization, it was renamed the “Jehovah’s Witnesses.” The group from which it split became known as the “Bible students.”

What do Jehovah’s Witnesses believe? Close scrutiny of their doctrinal position on such subjects as the deity of Christ, salvation, the Trinity, the Holy Spirit, and the atonement shows beyond a doubt that they do not hold to orthodox Christian positions on these subjects. Jehovah’s Witnesses believe Jesus is Michael the archangel, the highest created being. This contradicts many Scriptures which clearly declare Jesus to be ? (John 1:1,14, 8:58, 10:30). Jehovah’s Witnesses believe salvation is obtained by a combination of faith, good works, and obedience. This contradicts countless scriptures which declare salvation to be received by grace through faith (John 3:16; Ephesians 2:8-9; Titus 3:5). Jehovah’s Witnesses reject the Trinity, believing Jesus to be a created being and the Holy Spirit to essentially be the inanimate power of ? . Jehovah’s Witnesses reject the concept of Christ’s substitutionary atonement and instead hold to a ransom theory, that Jesus’ death was a ransom payment for Adam’s sin.

How do the Jehovah’s Witnesses justify these unbiblical doctrines? First, they claim that the church has corrupted the Bible over the centuries; thus, they have re-translated the Bible into what they call the New World Translation. The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society altered the text of the Bible to make it fit their false doctrine, rather than basing their doctrine on what the Bible actually teaches. The New World Translation has gone through numerous editions, as the Jehovah’s Witnesses discover more and more Scriptures that contradict their doctrines.

The Watchtower bases its beliefs and doctrines on the original and expanded teachings of Charles Taze Russell, Judge Joseph Franklin Rutherford, and their successors. The governing body of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society is the only body in the cult that claims authority to interpret Scripture. In other words, what the governing body says concerning any scriptural passage is viewed as the last word, and independent thinking is strongly discouraged. This is in direct opposition to Paul's admonition to Timothy (and to us as well) to study to be approved by ? , so that we need not be ashamed as we correctly handle the Word of ? . This admonition, found in 2 Timothy 2:15, is a clear instruction from ? to each of His children to be like the Berean Christians, who searched the Scriptures daily to see if the things they were being taught lined up with the Word.

There is probably no religious group that is more faithful than the Jehovah’s Witnesses at getting their message out. Unfortunately, the message is full of distortions, deceptions, and false doctrine. May ? open the eyes of the Jehovah’s Witnesses to the truth of the gospel and the true teaching of ? ’s Word.
  • KplusK
    edited January 2010
    Options
    So....Picking up where we left off last time.
    I showed you an extensive list of differing versions of bibles created at different points in time.

I'd seriously like to know how you can argue its sanctity when (beyond the fact that they where SOLELY written by un-divine, flawed, corruptible men), they were altered.

Brought over from the other thread since you didn't address it.

ok aight check it all these different bibles...and the funny thing im not just talking us im talking world wide what do u think we're going thru rite now this is still the crusades.
    Muslim against Christians i know u see that rite?At the end of the day they're saying our ? is better than ur ? ...When all in between we fighting satan to tell what ever ? u believe in see i told u man can run this and i am ruler...thats what it boils down to on some real ? .Thats when the illuminati pokes its head in im a witness but i keep my eye open to everything.Look at how our country is built on and how things is happening...if u think its a coincedence then ur fooling urself real talk.
  • KplusK
    edited January 2010
    Options
    So...You guys claim to 'drop' knowledge. But when it comes to answering a simple question you run to;
    a) asking an irrelevant question rather then addressing how the facts contradict your statements about the bible. Or;
    b) turn the discussion from ? and his 'word' into something completely unrelated to the focused discussion we're having here.

Seriously. I'm not even going consider either of your responses until both of you address the SECOND time I've asked this same question.
    Your both being pitifully ridiculous and cowardly evasive.

i will answere u ? to best of my ability what exactly are u asking cause i thought i touched on that already?
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I anit gonna say much but Atheist are the ? worst, it's funny how they try so hard to talk bad about religion like it will make them better people or some ? , glad I don't know any in real life. I'd knock a atheist ? out telling me my ? don't exist to my face.
  • KplusK
    edited January 2010
    Options
    CMac wrote: »
    I anit gonna say much but Atheist are the ? worst, it's funny how they try so hard to talk bad about religion like it will make them better people or some ? , glad I don't know any in real life. I'd knock a atheist ? out telling me my ? don't exist to my face.

lmao off i can dig it thats y i say evry one do them how u gonna try and take another man hope,belief, or whatever from them thats not rite to me. thats like a parent telling u...u aint gonna be ? ur whole life and in ur mind u like ? i got plans ya dig.
  • The Jackal
    The Jackal Members Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    The Jackal wrote: »
    Flawed Logic

what specifically is flawed logic?

cause I see this thread has skewed into multiple tangents away from the original question LOL
  • whar67
    whar67 Members Posts: 542
    edited January 2010
    Options
    CMac wrote: »

My ? of omnibenevolent love does exist and if you get up I will beat you down again mother-? !!!!!
  • whar67
    whar67 Members Posts: 542
    edited January 2010
    Options
    It is kinda sad that the big thread in the section is a reject from the GnS :)
  • perspective@100
    perspective@100 Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ? scared of the word SOCIAL ever since Obama got elected
  • elhuey
    elhuey Members Posts: 156
    edited January 2010
    Options
    yeah, although im not a christian, i have to agree with the thread maker, but prolly for all the wrong reasons. anyone who believes in romantic love, anyone who believes in monogamy and there is only one person out there for you and that kind of ? , believes in something just as irrational as believing in a personified ? . and if an atheist gets married, not only are you confirming that irrational belief in romantic love, but you living out a myth, an ancient ritual that predates christianity. unless u marry for money, marriage is a spiritual union. if romantic love did exist, if there is one person out there for you, then how can u prove that? where is the logic, can you put that in a scientific laboratory and test it? no, cause its something based upon faith. if there was one person out there for, then there would be no such thing as infidelity or divorce. and if love is based upon chemical reactions in the brain, then the same can be said about believing in ? .
This discussion has been closed.