Official ATHEIST/AGNOSTIC THREAD

Options

Comments

• DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Threadstarter, don't you find it the least bit presumptuous and condesending to assume that you're going to go to Heaven while other people go to Hell and/or suffer?

"He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of ? ."
    John 3:18

Well when you know Jesus Christ, you would know that your salvation is secure. If you don't know Him, well.....................................
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    The rapture has been in the forefront of believers minds since the 1st century A.D. 1 Thessalonians was written to comfort those who were eagerly awaiting the return of the Lord.

Also the rapture is spoken of through out the OT and the NT. If you had the Holy Spirit, He would teach you these things, but because you don't it sounds foolish to you; which is expected.

Stop wit dat. I believe what 1.4 billion Christians believe on this subject. Catholic + Orthodox + Anglican = 1.4 Billion. U mad?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    Stop wit dat. I believe what 1.4 billion Christians believe on this subject. Catholic + Orthodox + Anglican = 1.4 Billion. U mad?

All believers believe in the rapture. They just differ on pre-trib, mid-trib, or post-trib. Nice try.
  • Eternal Bachelor
    Eternal Bachelor Members Posts: 656
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ***yawn***

believe what you want...these 'discussions' are pretty pointless...

i dont believe this nonsense and quoting me scripture as proof of the existance of ? is very weak evidence indeed
  • Eternal Bachelor
    Eternal Bachelor Members Posts: 656
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Edit: Atheists

How many of ya'll believe love really exists but find it hard to believe ? or any other higher spiritual being could exist?

Throwing the outlandish stories in the Bible out of context, who's to say ? couldn't be real if you have the ability to feel real love? How is it possible to not feel the same way about faith?

i dont follow your logic here...

feel what about faith?
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    All believers believe in the rapture. They just differ on pre-trib, mid-trib, or post-trib. Nice try.

Actually those 1.4 billion believers disagree with your dogma quite a bit on this specific subject. American Protestant Evangelicals always, always, talk about it as a Pre-Trib event. Other denominations don't even use the word "Rapture".

These differing beliefs about the exact chronology of prophesied future events, of course, show how wicked, lost and godless those other denominations are. Right? How dare they believe in a Post-Trib Rapture! Heathens!

Man, why are you born-agains always so touchy on this? Everytime I start this debate with one of you, ya'll freak out and resort to calling me unchristian and all this. Its like ya'll hate modern society so much, you can't wait to see The Beast destroy it...but you're scared of having to live through all that carnage and persecution. So you cling to this doctrine that says that ? will spare you the kind of suffering that all the prophets and His Son underwent. All gain, no pain.

Guess I can't blame you there. Nobody wants to suffer. Jesus sure didn't want to in Gethsemane. But things are the way they are. Most Christian Saints get MURKED in pretty ugly ways.
  • oliverlang
    oliverlang Members Posts: 593
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Humans commit murder, destruction, trickery, and cause painful diseases.

? laid down laws and said if you do this, this will happen.

If you tell your child not to touch the stove because you will get burned, will it be your fault when your child touches the stove and burns their hand? Of course not.

Riiiiight. That evil new born baby really deserved to be born with all those painful deformities. Some loving ? you have.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Actually those 1.4 billion believers disagree with your dogma quite a bit on this specific subject. American Protestant Evangelicals always, always, talk about it as a Pre-Trib event. Other denominations don't even use the word "Rapture".

These differing beliefs about the exact chronology of prophesied future events, of course, show how wicked, lost and godless those other denominations are. Right? How dare they believe in a Post-Trib Rapture! Heathens!

Man, why are you born-agains always so touchy on this? Everytime I start this debate with one of you, ya'll freak out and resort to calling me unchristian and all this. Its like ya'll hate modern society so much, you can't wait to see The Beast destroy it...but you're scared of having to live through all that carnage and persecution. So you cling to this doctrine that says that ? will spare you the kind of suffering that all the prophets and His Son underwent. All gain, no pain.

Guess I can't blame you there. Nobody wants to suffer. Jesus sure didn't want to in Gethsemane. But things are the way they are. Most Christian Saints get MURKED in pretty ugly ways.

When did I resort to calling you unchristian? Nice cop it.

But anyways, the rapture (pre-trib) is clearly seen through-out the scriptures. Now if you would truly like to attempt to understand it, please ask and I pray that the Holy Spirit will guide us both into all truth.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ***yawn***

believe what you want...these 'discussions' are pretty pointless...

i dont believe this nonsense
    and quoting me scripture as proof of the existance of ? is very weak evidence indeed

"For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of ? ." 1 Corinthians 1:18

You said it from your own mouth and ? as He always does confirms it. ? is so great.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited January 2010
    Options
    oliverlang wrote: »
    Riiiiight. That evil new born baby really deserved to be born with all those painful deformities. Some loving ? you have.

This is what happens when you disobey ? . Sin is the root cause of all the problems in the world. Now if you would listen to ? and turn your heart to Him, you would begin to understand these things Mr. Oliver Lang.
  • oliverlang
    oliverlang Members Posts: 593
    edited January 2010
    Options
    This is what happens when you disobey ? . Sin is the root cause of all the problems in the world. Now if you would listen to ? and turn your heart to Him, you would begin to understand these things Mr. Oliver Lang.

I understand it completely...i just don't believe it. That baby did not even have the oppurtunity, or as you would say freedom of choice, to commit a sin. Original sin is irrational and would only be the product of a hateful and sadistic ? ....definitely not a loving, forgiving, and caring ? .
  • Hyde Parke
    Hyde Parke Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Wow, so I guess your mom still changes your diaper too?

We are speaking of children, remember? HINT--> ? 's children
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    If you have a discussion about ? , the bottom line is the Bible is what you go by. It is his word. It his the manual for instruction that he gave us. How you personally feel about it is irrelevant to the fact of what it is.

Proof? The Koran says the same thing.....as does the Torah? Or do you just enjoy making up ? as it comes along?
  • The Jackal
    The Jackal Members Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    what specifically is flawed logic?

cause I see this thread has skewed into multiple tangents away from the original question LOL

That Love=? . If thats what your implying
  • sounds of jacob
    sounds of jacob Banned Users Posts: 166
    edited January 2010
    Options
    LOL PEACE THATS

COMPLETELY FICTICIONAL THE EARTH WILL NEVER BE DESTROYED THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS THE RAPTURE
    ecclesiastes 1:4
    One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever.

WHEN CHRISTS RETURNS THE 12 TRIBES OF ISRAEL WILL RETURN TO POWER THE BOOK OF REVELATIONS IS WRITTEN IN ALLEGHORY ITS NOT LITERAL

AMERICA WILL HOWEVER BE DESTROYED IN THERMO NUCULAR WAR AND THE ELECT IN THE WEST WILL BE DELIVERED

heres the true break down on revelations ch 9

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiebMJpb9xo
  • sounds of jacob
    sounds of jacob Banned Users Posts: 166
    edited January 2010
    Options
    THE 12 TRIBES OF ISRAEL

JUDAH- American Blacks
    BENJAMIN- West Indian Blacks
    LEVI- Haitians
    SIMEON- Dominicans
    ZEBULON- Black Indians Guatemala to Panama(Mayans)
    EPHRAIM- Puerto Ricans
    MANASSEH- Cubans
    GAD- Native-American Indians
    REUBEN- Seminole Indians
    ASHER- Columbia to Uruguay (Incas)
    ISSACHAR- Mexicans (Aztecs)
    NAPTHALI- Argentina/Chile
  • The True Flesh
    The True Flesh Members Posts: 466 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options

All the centuries Christianity is around and wasn't nobody talkin about no rapture until the 1700s.....WTF?

Also, think about this: What's the POINT of this "Rapture"? To spare the believers from mortal suffering? Where in the Bible are believers spared from mortal suffering? Moses suffered. ALL the prophets suffered. Jesus suffered. The disciples suffered. So the "Rapture" sounds to me like feel good, easy-way-out, Fast Food Christian doctrine. You gon have to sit through the Tribulation like evvvvvvvvverybody else, ? . No "Get out of Armageddon free" cards.

^^^This.

PEACE
  • BOSS KTULU
    BOSS KTULU Banned Users Posts: 978 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I see you axin' questions 'bout Jesus, kid.
  • demandred
    demandred Members Posts: 142
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Hello my heathen friend... TX will shortly be back on track :)
  • TX_Made713
    TX_Made713 Members Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Atheism? dont make me laugh
  • tri3w
    tri3w Members Posts: 3,142 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    TX_Made713 wrote: »
    Atheism? dont make me laugh

SO what is then???
  • tri3w
    edited February 2010
    Options
    demandred wrote: »
    Hello my heathen friend... TX will shortly be back on track :)

DOnt count on it, i think ya'll lost Him for Good
  • demandred
    demandred Members Posts: 142
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Nah, ? never loses his children... we all must go through trials and tribulations, and questioning of ? ... this is the same trial the children of Israel had in the wilderness, and the same trial Christ had during his 40 days

This is not a contest or a race... in order for him to gain a new faith and trust level in ? , he must question these things around him, and he should because a large majority of it is poison and has been commercialized

TX will learn during this process how to remove his eyes from man and place them on ? ... but it takes time to develop your spiritual gates (one of them being the spiritual eyes)

The reason why I know is because I did the same thing

Time is like a river.... history always repeats itself

That quote has alot of power if you understand it....
  • tri3w
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Nah, ? never loses his children... we all must go through trials and tribulations, and questioning of ? ... this is the same trial the children of Israel had in the wilderness, and the same trial Christ had during his 40 days

This is not a contest or a race... in order for him to gain a new faith and trust level in ? , he must question these things around him, and he should because a large majority of it is poison and has been commercialized

TX will learn during this process how to remove his eyes from man and place them on ? ... but it takes time to develop your spiritual gates (one of them being the spiritual eyes)

Deep Point.............On the flipside i didnt Figure as a the type to do that.........Wat brought u back???
  • TX_Made713
    TX_Made713 Members Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options

the thing is ? never lost me at all....you'd be surprised what i believe. my thing is the poision you speak of, i aint fallin for that ? no more
This discussion has been closed.