master p >>>>>>>>>>>>> jay-z

Options

Comments

• rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    TME2991.jpg

^^ A lotta this ? going on in this thread LOL...
  • h8rhurta
    h8rhurta Members Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Exactly........................

Yall mustve forgot......P laid down the blueprint......i know he was the first ? with shoes and all kinds of ? ......clothes....
    i have to say...... okay.....Jay-Z maybe Bill Gates but P is def Steve Jobs.........and i see why Jay and Bill Gates are cool....
    props to both the brothers....but most of these Jigga Warriors may have no idea about what P was doing in his hey day.....
    and by the way.....P was better/realer hustler then Jay-Z........Jay-Z still feeding these youngster he " Lost 92 Bricks" ?

LMMFAO!!! That line is sig worthy!!!
  • Yungin T. Jeezie
    Yungin T. Jeezie Members Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    goat334 wrote: »
    ABC showing commercials during the NBA Finals.....for the Colonge......

yea I can see for the colonge, but the clothes nawwww.
  • goat334
    goat334 Members Posts: 3,604 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Forbes list is for idiots.

2008 50 makes 150 million according to Forbes

2009 20 million

but he's not on a list where 125 mil makes it? lol

http://www.forbes.com/2009/07/08/jay-z-akon-50-cent-hip-hop-business-entertainment-cash-kings.html

There is a difference in what someone made from year to year to what their Whole NET worth is......
  • runningwolf1980
    runningwolf1980 Members Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    jay? a million ways to get it...p? filed for bankrupcy
  • AntonLATroy
    AntonLATroy Members Posts: 331
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Do a google search on the year you looking for.........

did multiple google searches and I can find the top 5 all time hiphop earners on various site but forbes but all credit forbes with making the list in 2009.
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    jay? a million ways to get it...p? filed for bankrupcy

he did that so he wouldn't have to pay taxes
  • goat334
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Of course there is, if you make 150 million, and then 20 million. Your net worth should move up unless you're spending more than you're making. Now add up 50's previous years and the amounts he's made. Do you really think he's spending that amount of money? And since it's net worth, he'd have to be practically giving it away because even if he was purchasing ? that declines in value, it wouldn't depreciate that quickly to the point of being worthless.

I guess because 50 ain't been in tha game that long, compared to Jay......and when 50 make money music wise, Dre and Em diggs in that before 50 see's his......50 must have been hit hard by the Recession? or Bernie Madoff.....
  • runningwolf1980
    edited June 2010
    Options
    he did that so he wouldn't have to pay taxes

thats not how that works...lol
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    A lot of posters might laugh at this thread, but when it comes to influence and leaving an imprint in hip hop. Master P has had ever bit of much of influence as anyone argubly more than anyone with the exception of BIG and Pac. I remember when Southern acts like the Geto Boys didn't get a lot of love and radio time in other regions. Around the mid to late 90s after the death of Pac and BIG when hip hop was searching for itself he made southern hip hop mainstream in a lot of places.

He had people like Mystikal, Mac, Fiend, Mia X (very underrated), Soulja Slim, Snoop Dogg, and others. He put a lot of those guys who otherwise wouldn't have any deal over. The production from Beats by the Pound and KLC was second to none.

I even think Cash Money blowing up had a lot to do with Master P and No Limit records. There were not any acts like Ludacris, Lil Wayne, Gucci Mane, and Drake before P came along. Truth be told he opened the door for all those cats to have success. Yes P was azz as a rapper but he was a pretty damn good business man that made a lot of money.

As he as grown I noticed he does more positive stuff for the community nowdays, but way too many people discount the relevance of Master P and No Limit Records they were a big factor in the hip hop shift that started to take place 12-13 years ago.
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    thats not how that works...lol

lmao
    i wouldn't know ? !
    i ain't never filed bankruptcy
    i heard you supposed to go buy a bunch of ?
    like some cars
    and wreck them ?
    and file bankruptcy
    ima buy 2 cadillacs and drive em into each other
  • runningwolf1980
    edited June 2010
    Options
    lmao
    i wouldn't know ? !
    i ain't never filed bankruptcy
    i heard you supposed to go buy a bunch of ?
    like some cars
    and wreck them ?
    and file bankruptcy
    ima buy 2 cadillacs and drive em into each other
    lmao you be comin with some funny ass ? breh
  • runningwolf1980
    edited June 2010
    Options
    A lot of posters might laugh at this thread, but when it comes to influence and leaving an imprint in hip hop. Master P has had ever bit of much of influence as anyone argubly more than anyone with the exception of BIG and Pac. I remember when Southern acts like the Geto Boys didn't get a lot of love and radio time in other regions. Around the mid to late 90s after the death of Pac and BIG when hip hop was searching for itself he made southern hip hop mainstream in a lot of places.

He had people like Mystikal, Mac, Fiend, Mia X (very underrated), Soulja Slim, Snoop Dogg, and others. He put a lot of those guys who otherwise wouldn't have any deal over. The production from Beats by the Pound and KLC was second to none.

I even think Cash Money blowing up had a lot to do with Master P and No Limit records. There were not any acts like Ludacris, Lil Wayne, Gucci Mane, and Drake before P came along. Truth be told he opened the door for all those cats to have success. Yes P was azz as a rapper but he was a pretty damn good business man that made a lot of money.

As he as grown I noticed he does more positive stuff for the community nowdays, but way too many people discount the relevance of Master P and No Limit Records they were a big factor in the hip hop shift that started to take place 12-13 years ago.

yeah so thats why i hate that ?
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Real Talk. ? from da southside of thangs know what's up.
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    No matter how ugly "p miller" shoes were,that doesn't take away from 600 million........he doesn't go to the bank one day and they say sorry Percy your money is allllllll gone cause your shoes are ugly as ? and you don't make hit anymore......you dudes are thinking inside a tiny box right now......
  • runningwolf1980
    edited June 2010
    Options
    No matter how ugly "p miller" shoes were,that doesn't take away from 600 million........he doesn't go to the bank one day and they say sorry Percy your money is allllllll gone cause your shoes are ugly as ? and you don't make hit anymore......you dudes are thinking inside a tiny box right now......

you sir arent aware of the value of a dollor i seen that ? on cribs this fool bought solid gold fausets and ? .....combine that with multible failed ventures and you got 600mil - ?
  • goat334
    edited June 2010
    Options
    you sir arent aware of the value of a dollor i seen that ? on cribs this fool bought solid gold fausets and ? .....combine that with multible failed ventures and you got 600mil - ?

exactly.....plus many of those businesses he accuired that put him at $600 milli's ended up failing.....
  • runningwolf1980
    edited June 2010
    Options
    exactly.....plus many of those businesses he accuired that put him at $600 milli's ended up failing.....

thats my point when you have a multi millon dollor bussiness fail you lose "multi millon dollor loses" lol
  • Treize117
    Treize117 Members Posts: 1,112
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Funny...ppl come in a thread purely for the purpose of talkin down Jay, but feel "hater" doesnt apply...and then label anyone disagreeing a "jigga warrior"

Funnier...that a ? lists numbers from random sight and everyone jumps behind it, calls it an indisputable fact...but when someone comes with another source that doesnt coincide...and its "those numbers are ? up"...

LMAO at the Reason...15 pages deep lls
  • Wishbone Jones
    Wishbone Jones Members Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    make em say ughhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • runningwolf1980
    edited June 2010
    Options
    make em say ughhhhhhhhhhhhh

? was takin a ?
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Of course there is, if you make 150 million, and then 20 million. Your net worth should move up unless you're spending more than you're making. Now add up 50's previous years and the amounts he's made. Do you really think he's spending that amount of money? And since it's net worth, he'd have to be practically giving it away because even if he was purchasing ? that declines in value, it wouldn't depreciate that quickly to the point of being worthless.

Networth is the value of all your assets (not your liquid money), i know ? don't think for one second No Limit, P Miller, and whatever he owned back then is worth the same price today. It's not like the No Limit back catalog is selling like hot cakes.
  • cool amp
    cool amp Members Posts: 165
    edited June 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    lol at P being worth 700 mil, where is he generating this money from. No one buys no limit products anymore, it's like you ? make up random ? to support your argument. You ? don't even understand basic finance.

crakkas make money off jayz,not with jayz. he learned the real meaning of a hustler when he went in on that knicks deal. thats the real reason hes still rappin'. master p wrote his own ticket in the rap game and kept all the money in all of his business ventures. master p's money makes itself now, he dont need to sell no limit products anymore.
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    Fazeem_Blackall Members Posts: 4,216 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    the Jay Hovas witnesses are out in full force this thread...
  • runningwolf1980
    edited June 2010
    Options
    the Jay Hovas witnesses are out in full force this thread...

i dont like that ? and i can stand behind everything i said in this thred