The Official Drake vs. Common Thread

Options

Comments

• usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    No one saying Common is soft, ive heard all 9 of his albums and say he isn't
    but Com didn't exactly have that 50 image..
    See the Come Close video

An image doesn't make you tough. Just because Com ain't perpetuating a stereotype (a la 50 Cent), doesn't make him soft, he grew up in the same streets as 50 Cent.
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    Ya'll have got to stop defending this ? Drake like this. It's sickening. Every ? that goes at Drake ya'll try to find some flaw in them.

cosign the ? out of this
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    $pyda wrote: »
    C'mon fam
    you cool ppls and all but
    even you cant believe this ?

While you was out chea thinking Common was just a nice man he was out there sparring with Cube. When has Drake ever done anything like that?
    man thats only one instance out of a 20+ year career. be honest, the last 10 years common has always came off as that nice guy. that's not a bad thing, rap doesn't need to be over-filled with everyone trying to act like 50 cent. but still, common's mostly been that nice guy and had a couple softer moments in his career. i mean look at the cover for be. ? looks like an r&b album. i bet if you showed that to someone who didn't know who common was they'd think it was some r&b/soul album.
  • dizzmatic89
    dizzmatic89 Members Posts: 721
    edited December 2011
    Options
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Ya'll have got to stop defending this ? Drake like this. It's sickening. Every ? that goes at Drake ya'll try to find some flaw in them.

There usually is a flaw
    This Common had a soft image has nothing to do with the argument actually
    Don't know why I brought it up, my bad
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    No one saying Common is soft, ive heard all 9 of his albums and say he isn't
    but Com didn't exactly have that 50 image..
    See the Come Close video
    Simply put he called Drake out " supposedly", its Drake's move now. Frankly i dont care bout none of this tho cuz its still the DEreamer/The Believer>>>>>Take Care...
  • dizzmatic89
    edited December 2011
    Options
    man thats only one instance out of a 20+ year career. be honest, the last 10 years common has always came off as that nice guy. that's not a bad thing, rap doesn't need to be over-filled with everyone trying to act like 50 cent. but still, common's mostly been that nice guy and had a couple softer moments in his career. i mean look at the cover for be. ? looks like an r&b album. i bet if you showed that to someone who didn't know who common was they'd think it was some r&b/soul album.

co-sign all of this, even the cover for Ressurection
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The Jamel wrote: »
    Drake aint street, he aint never been street, the boy is a child actor turned rapper.
    common is a drug dealing thug turned rapper turned actor.

big ? difference.
    how the ? drake able to talk bout the streets? and why the ? are ya'll cosigning his fairytales?

"bro its just entertainment"
    "bro he makes good music though"
    "bro im ? so of course i like drake"
    normal responses you will get from the bolded
  • beerisgood4ya
    beerisgood4ya Members Posts: 2,566
    edited December 2011
    Options
    In before...Common is a real ? , those love songs he made are ok because he's real, ? in the street have always bumped Common like it was all good, with no qualms about it whatsoever

was common autotune singing on songs like flake though? Flake tucks his napkin like a mob boss and says su woo in songs, does common say corny ? like that? Has flake actually battled any of these rappers that he sneak dissed? Does flake want to be the next contestant being dissed with no vaseline on that summer jam screen?
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    edited December 2011
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    An image doesn't make you tough. Just because Com ain't perpetuating a stereotype (a la 50 Cent), doesn't make him soft, he grew up in the same streets as 50 Cent.

Huh? South Side Chicago>>> Jamaica, Queens
  • Kame
    edited December 2011
    Options

Im not saying Common is soft, he's definetely not
    Im saying before Drake, Common had the niceguy rapper image
    An image does't make you tough you're right
    but its something you use as your template though
  • Who Cares???
    Who Cares??? Members Posts: 1,167
    edited December 2011
    Options

The ? is the point of going at a ? you know not built for it and more than likely will try his best to resolve it peacefully? You get enjoyment out of watching a weakling get bullied? I don't understand this mentality.
  • usmarin3
    edited December 2011
    Options
    My ? is, Drake has been talking mad ? these last couple of months to Kanye, Jay, Big Sean,etc. If you're gonna instigate ? and throw rocks, don't hide your hands and try to play the victim role. I don't know who is gassing this dude, i guess he is buying into his Nelly hype.
  • Kame
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Simply put he called Drake out " supposedly", its Drake's move now. Frankly i dont care bout none of this tho cuz its still the DEreamer/The Believer>>>>>Take Care...

lol nope, im out to get my copy today though, album is dope
    and Drake should say something this time, with names
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The ? is the point of going at a ? you know not built for it and more than likely will try his best to resolve it peacefully? You get enjoyment out of watching a weakling get bullied? I don't understand this mentality.
    ? u talking bout." You gon hype me up and make me catch a body like that" -Drake...
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    well maybe its a cape for canada thing you got going on....that has a nice ring to it by the way.

that's my answer b/c this argument isn't making any sense
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    edited December 2011
    Options
    lol nope, im out to get my copy today though, album is dope
    and Drake should say something this time, with names
    I already my 2 copies of the dreamer/the believer and it is >>>>> Take Care......
  • f.e.d.s.
    f.e.d.s. Members Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    see, this what im talking about, let drake fight his own battles!
    he got bold on stage right?
    Com going at drake solo but why drake got his bodyguards coming at common? and with some ? ???
    ? stay trying to re-write history.

ya'll go head and keep believing that Common was on some trickin ? ...
    common aint never cosigned trickin and or being a punk ass ? in your lyrics.

real post...As far as love songs, yea Common has some, but he's still rapping on them, not singing. And Com is battle-rap tested, while Drizzy is a songwriter!! Com been battling cats damn near as long as Drake's been alive. So if Drake wanna take it there, he probably would try to play the "tough Tony" role, which would be a bad move cuz he would get EXPOSED
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    There usually is a flaw
    This Common had a soft image has nothing to do with the argument actually
    Don't know why I brought it up, my bad

Common doesn't have a soft image. Common's image is more of somebody whose learned from their mistakes and is now trying to better himself and influence those around him, while still knowing he had the strength in him to go at a ? 's head if he has to. Drake is just a straight up ? whose been hanging around Birdman.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Kame
    edited December 2011
    Options
    bet most ya'll ? was mad when Luda went at this ? ? for running his mouth.

so let me get this straight, you young ? aint held accountable for your actions no more?
    when the ? did we stopped checking folks for talking wreckless? what the ? is going on in hip hop!?!?!

YALL ? SHOULD BE EXCITED INSTEAD OF COPPIN PLEAS FOR DUDE!!!

HIP HOP NEEDS THIS ? RIGHT NOW!!!

Common is a legend, who's like 2 generations above drake
    Drake can't handle himself really
    he could spit ether, if he';s even capable of that
    and he'd get no respect, cause its not believable
  • usmarin3
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I swear to ? this is the most passive aggressive generation ever. lol
  • beerisgood4ya
    beerisgood4ya Members Posts: 2,566
    edited December 2011
    Options

? ? are not above being checked breh.......
  • dizzmatic89
    edited December 2011
    Options
    My ? is, Drake has been talking mad ? these last couple of months to Kanye, Jay, Big Sean,etc. If you're gonna instigate ? and throw rocks, don't hide your hands and try to play the victim role. I don't know who is gassing this dude, i guess he is buying into his Nelly hype.

Name examples of this "mad ? " he's been talking