The Official Drake vs. Common Thread

Options

Comments

• Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I already my 2 copies of the dreamer/the believer and it is >>>>> Take Care......

Man I disagree, but that's for another thread
    People know im a huge Common fan, he's routinely in my top 5
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    I swear to ? this is the most passive aggressive generation ever. lol

Cosign......
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Someone defend that ? ass Come Close video.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    edited December 2011
    Options
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    Common doesn't have a soft image. Common's image is more of somebody whose learned from their mistakes and is now trying to better himself and influence those around him, while still knowing he had the strength in him to go at a ? 's head if he has to. Drake is just a straight up ? whose been hanging around Birdman.
    COsign this too.....
  • dizzmatic89
    dizzmatic89 Members Posts: 721
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I swear to ? this is the most passive aggressive generation ever. lol

Nope, we just not only reasons behind a diss, but a reasonable battle, like it has ALWAYS been
  • Who Cares???
    Who Cares??? Members Posts: 1,167
    edited December 2011
    Options
    ? u talking bout." You gon hype me up and make me catch a body like that" -Drake...

You quoting a rap song. Next, anybody can catch a body. There isn't some criteria one must meet to catch a body. I don't even know what you was even trying to do here.
  • TrueGodHS
    TrueGodHS Members Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    One Day It'll All Make Sense was some heavy Hip Hop ? , how can cats say it was R & B? Like Water for Chocolate got criticized, but that ? was straight Hip Hop. Only album Com made that could be slightly R & B was Electric Circus.

Either way, somebody gotta bring some raw ? in the mainstream, Common doing his job with a good ass album
  • dizzmatic89
    edited December 2011
    Options
    CoolJoe wrote: »

• Elzo69Renaissance
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Come Close>>> Practice....
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    edited December 2011
    Options
    You quoting a rap song. Next, anybody can catch a body. There isn't some criteria one must meet to catch a body. I don't even know what you was even trying to do here.
    I was just pointing the fact that Drake has been talking tough. U stated that Com was bullying him..
  • TrueGodHS
    edited December 2011
    Options
    ? ? are not above being checked breh.......

Co-sign this.
  • Kame
    edited December 2011
    Options
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    Common doesn't have a soft image. Common's image is more of somebody whose learned from their mistakes and is now trying to better himself and influence those around him, while still knowing he had the strength in him to go at a ? 's head if he has to. Drake is just a straight up ? whose been hanging around Birdman.

? I agree almost completely but when I was growing up he did... I didn't give a ? but like in 03/04 when 50 was popping, stuff common did was considered "soft"
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    edited December 2011
    Options
    So exactly what is the issue here cuz the Drake apologists are all over the place....
  • dizzmatic89
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Come Close>>> Practice....

You're basically saying Come Close>>>Back that Ass Up
  • Kame
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Surprised nobodies gone to Serena Williams for a comment yet
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Name examples of this "mad ? " he's been talking

I'm on one was clearly a diss to Big Sean, Kanye, Jay

He dissed Big Sean on Over my dead body

etc
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    edited December 2011
    Options
    ? I agree almost completely but when I was growing up he did... I didn't give a ? but like in 03/04 when 50 was popping, stuff common did was considered "soft"
    Then the ? 50 started was called soft... Perception is key...
  • hhh thats me
    hhh thats me Members Posts: 136
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The ? is the point of going at a ? you know not built for it and more than likely will try his best to resolve it peacefully? You get enjoyment out of watching a weakling get bullied? I don't understand this mentality.

Nobody said anything about Drake up until he started gassin himself up. Like someone else said, he's spent the last few months sneak dissing a bunch of rappers and then he goes on interview on some "nah, I respect so and so" ? . That's sucker ? . He dissed Big Sean CONTINUOUSLY on Take Care and then like a ? he has a show in Detroit and says he loves Sean.. Sucker ? . Same thing with Kanye.

That, and the fact that he's totally changed his whole M.O since he blew up. Back then he just came off as a regular dude from a good background that wanted to make music. Now this kid is tuckin napkins, acting hard and really thinks he's gully like that.. Then he has the audacity to get on stage and say "if you got a problem with me, get at me I aint a ? "... haha what? The lil kid from degrassi just dropped his ? cuz he sits on some money now? He needs to get checked for his ? and G.O.O.D music is more than happy to put him in his place.
  • Kame
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The Jamel wrote: »
    Most you ? are the product of "No Child Left Behind" and it ? shows, yall think yall can act any kind of way, and if someone does an on the spot correction then ya'll get offended.
    you ? ? have no back bone. you start conflict then run from it.
    you say you the hardest out but dont want to prove it.

you all are the same ? giving Waynes ? ass passes for kissing baby on his mouth and for being an all of the sudden blood.

bet ya'll ? was hurt when them boys ran up on wayne in Cali checked his ass in that H2...

you all are a generation of ? ... the most effeminate creatures walking this earth, ya'll worse then Seahorses.. change ya sex.

lmao...........
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    edited December 2011
    Options
    You're basically saying Come Close>>>Back that Ass Up
    Um no Back that ass up is a classic period
  • dizzmatic89
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I'm on one was clearly a diss to Big Sean, Kanye, Jay

He dissed Big Sean on Over my dead body

etc

You're reachin heavy if you think he's dissing Jay or Kanye, that "throne is for the taking" is not a diss homeboy
  • son of 1973
    son of 1973 Members Posts: 769
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The original niceguy rapper, the respect females rapper, yeah he was
    at least that was what he was known for, he's even made fun of it on skits and songs, a bunch of times

Common was actually seen as a nasty battle rapper before around 96. The nice guy stuff came later. He's not Kid and Play or Will Smith (the real original nice guy rapper). Drake has no rough side to him, thats why his producer is capin for him. I think Common couldve been more diplomatic, but hes just saying what lot of old heads feel about Drake and artists similar to him. Im sure he knows the youth are gonna be mad, he just dont care i guess lol.
  • TrueGodHS
    edited December 2011
    Options

LMAO at this post. Come Close was corny as ? LMAO... that whole song and video was just.... SMH material... but considering that Drake's whole career is built off of some soft ? , it still isnt a good argument.

Tuck my napkin in my shirt cause I got it like that..... COME ON SON lol
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    lol @ jamel.....