The Official Drake vs. Common Thread

Options

Comments

• dizzmatic89
    dizzmatic89 Members Posts: 721
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Um no Back that ass up is a classic period

Lol @ Come Close being better than any variation of Back that ass up, I don't care if it's Drake or not, Come Close is a wack ass song. This is coming from a Common fan. Plus, check out the video for further proof of Common's streetcred

The Drake hate is starting to reach outrageous levels.
  • beerisgood4ya
    beerisgood4ya Members Posts: 2,566
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Common is a legend, who's like 2 generations above drake
    Drake can't handle himself really
    he could spit ether, if he';s even capable of that
    and he'd get no respect, cause its not believable

the bolded is common knowledge, but why is flake the only one that doesnt understand this? Ive never seen soo many sneak disses from one rapper be defended by fans to the point the rapper feels he doesnt even have to respond because he knows his fans will cosign any hoe activity or scary action he makes. When flake fans start telling him that he needs to man up and fight back, only then will flake not feel so comfy with taking the ? way outta every situation by either ignoring someone he already has sneaked dissed, or replying back on songs saying "i cant see you ? , the money in the way" or some corny ? like that.
  • ol_buddy
    ol_buddy Members Posts: 293 ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    It aint even about the singing honestly. ? lying if they say that singing vocals cant enhance a track whether it be hip hop song or not.

"? run everything ? that noise"
    "All those other guys were just practice"

^^^? like that is the reason why alotta ? dont take his music seriously
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The Jamel wrote: »
    Most you ? are the product of "No Child Left Behind" and it ? shows, yall think yall can act any kind of way, and if someone does an on the spot correction then ya'll get offended.
    you ? ? have no back bone. you start conflict then run from it.
    you say you the hardest out but dont want to prove it.

you all are the same ? giving Waynes ? ass passes for kissing baby on his mouth and for being an all of the sudden blood.

bet ya'll ? was hurt when them boys ran up on wayne in Cali checked his ass in that H2...

you all are a generation of ? ... the most effeminate creatures walking this earth, ya'll worse then Seahorses.. change ya sex.

melo%20cosign.gif

Cosign, ole every one gets a trophy ass ? .
  • HazeNAlize
    HazeNAlize Banned Users Posts: 501
    edited December 2011
    Options
    If Drake is so soft why has ne never got his chain snatched or been violated? it's not cos he tough it's cos real Gangsters don't harm innocent people and only harm other Gangster they respect people like Drake just being real and being true to them self

Why is it Thug/Gangsta Rappers like Prodigy, Jay Z, Ja Rule, Lil Wayne etc stay getting their chains robbed? cos real Gangsters live to rob phonys like them

Word to the Y.G.z out here that took Jay's chain haha

Word to Jay Z's so called close friend Tim Westwood even clowning Jay about that lol
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The song Come Close isn't wack
    The video is corny as hell though
  • dizzmatic89
    edited December 2011
    Options
    TrueGodHS wrote: »
    LMAO at this post. Come Close was corny as ? LMAO... that whole song and video was just.... SMH material... but considering that Drake's whole career is built off of some soft ? , it still isnt a good argument.

Tuck my napkin in my shirt cause I got it like that..... COME ON SON lol

False.....
  • beerisgood4ya
    edited December 2011
    Options
    worse then Seahorses though lol......
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    You're reachin heavy if you think he's dissing Jay or Kanye, that "throne is for the taking" is not a diss homeboy

Context ? , context. Around that time of that song Drake was crying like a little ? claiming Kanye and Jay-z stole the idea of doing a collabo from him and Wayne. I mean, open up your eyes ? .
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    ? I agree almost completely but when I was growing up he did... I didn't give a ? but like in 03/04 when 50 was popping, stuff common did was considered "soft"

Anything is going to be considered soft compared to somebody coming into the game claiming to be shot 9 times on his album cover looking like the Terminator
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Lol @ Come Close being better than any variation of Back that ass up, I don't care if it's Drake or not, Come Close is a wack ass song. This is coming from a Common fan. Plus, check out the video for further proof of Common's streetcred

The Drake hate is starting to reach outrageous levels.
    the Drake remake was wack... and i actally like Drake too.nh but the remake was wack period. If the song was not a remake of Back that ass up u d be saying the same thing too
  • TrueGodHS
    TrueGodHS Members Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Sure

Common wants to have a build upon a relationship with a woman who is deaf (hence the cards)
    He wants to buy his future WIFE all the things that would make her content and if just sitting with him on the porch will do that, he's able to that.
    He loves her as a man should love a woman and just so happened to get the Queen of Hip Hop and R&B on it to let her know it's REAL

what's so ? about that?

No, laying in the same bed u left me in
    No, call up Shawnna and tell her she should work tonight cause basically i'm ready to trick for a lapdance or some ?
    No, Why didn't you come on an all expense paid trip to Toronto while I also tricked on ya best friend so she can come also.

FOH ? and go have a RELATIONSHIP vs Giving all ya money to the first ? who's ass feels real

I actually like this assessment of the video, however the Deaf part was just a little too much LOL.

I can co-sign the bolded though. Real ? . Soul Revival. lol
  • dizzmatic89
    edited December 2011
    Options
    the Drake remake was wack... and i actally like Drake too.nh but the remake was wack period. If the song was not a remake of Back that ass up u d be saying the same thing too

The difference is I can see myself playin Practice with a chick, but in no circumstances will I ever play Come Close.
  • TB.Boy
    TB.Boy Members Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    All Common did was point out what everybody is saying already about drake.He is now IC relevant, he has an album on the way its pretty transparent why he did this. His album is dope by the way but sadly thats not enough to remain relevant today.It makes sense why he dissed drake seems like Common's plan is working.
  • Kame
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I still think 50% of this is over Drake having Serena Williams dance in his condo offbeat and ?
  • TrueGodHS
    edited December 2011
    Options
    False.....

Well, his mainstream career damn sure is......
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I still think 50% of this over Drake having Serena Williams dance in his condo like its nothing

could be that ? common was extra emotional on sweet like some good ? was on the line.
  • Kame
    edited December 2011
    Options
    sboogie wrote: »
    lol@2004 being your frame of reference though....

smh at me then
    damn
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Good, it's time for the youngin's to get tapped. Drake don't want it wit Luda or Common. I use to think Drake was so humble and I actually liked how artistic he got on his sophomore, he could of went the traditional route but he actually made some good music on "Take Care" but he is way more arrogant now than he's ever been. I guess it's time for him to get checked. As for Common being "RnB", sure he's worked with RnB artist but it's not comparable to Drake. Drake be making some cookie cutter RnB topics, Common be on some real ish. "Love of My Life" and "Retrospect for Life" are better RnB Rap tracks than anything Drake has done.
  • TrueGodHS
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Common getting mad attention, man I hope his album does well too. But LOL at Practice being a good song.... Back Dat Ass Up didnt even need to be made over and when it was, its like WTF
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I still think 50% of this is over Drake having Serena Williams dance in his condo offbeat and ?
    No matter who did what to who the fact is we went to war:
  • Kame
    edited December 2011
    Options
    If Drake happened to put out a dope diss track, theoretically, if it was possible. Would yall really support it and take it seriously though. From Drake of all people
  • dizzmatic89
    edited December 2011
    Options
    TrueGodHS wrote: »
    Well, his mainstream career damn sure is......

If we judge rappers off their mainstream songs then a lot of legends fall to the wayside
  • beerisgood4ya
    edited December 2011
    Options
    in before...."leave flake alone(tears), old ? hating, let flake get money, common must be promoting his new album" posts......
    TB.Boy wrote: »
    All Common did was point out what everybody is saying already about drake.He is now IC relevant, he has an album on the way its pretty transparent why he did this. His album is dope by the way but sadly thats not enough to remain relevant today.It makes sense why he dissed drake seems like Common's plan is working.

as i predicted......
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    edited December 2011
    Options
    If Drake happened to put out a dope diss track, theoretically, if it was possible. Would yall really support it and take it seriously though. From Drake of all people
    If its dope real ? will respect it and give props