The Official Drake vs. Common Thread

Options

Comments

• TrueGodHS
    TrueGodHS Members Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The deaf part made it corny for sure but my Moms awwwwed at that video and I'm sure the dude she was with at the time got some good good that night (sorry momma)

Fact is my moms wouldn't awww @ Drake, she cha ching that ? .

LOL at the first part.

I just dont get this generation and I'm only 24 for real.
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    If its dope real ? will respect it and give props

This^^^^^...........
  • dizzmatic89
    dizzmatic89 Members Posts: 721
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Honestly, I'm not going to debate the merits of Come Close with anyone, cause that's a wack ass song, period. I'm not even your typical hater of Electric Circus, but that song is terrible. The Light is a different story tho.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    We are in the SHARE GENERATION, ? share jeans and feelings with ? .
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    50% of this is Serena
    20% is because of an album out
    10% is because of the cold war happening between Kanye West and Drake, and being a part of Good
    20% is whatever else

but regardless Drake need to respond, too many people going at him
  • TrueGodHS
    edited December 2011
    Options
    If we judge rappers off their mainstream songs then a lot of legends fall to the wayside

I meant his MAINSTREAM CAREER. His mixtapes and albums(Comeback Season had a few joints) are mostly on some soft ? . Even his songs with Wayne be on some soft ? . Hardest song on his album was Lord Knows which is only really hardbody due to the beat. Drake got a decent ear for beats though. His music is just...
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    If Drake happened to put out a dope diss track, theoretically, if it was possible. Would yall really support it and take it seriously though. From Drake of all people

a dope diss track is a dope diss track. you letting folks online who are talking bout irrelevant ? blind your normal hip hop instincts. if drake drops a banger dissing common. only clowns will be saying well drake is soft so it means nothing. or well drake is soft he's not really gonna approach common. well that goes for about 95% of rappers who just pop ? and aren't gonna do ? about it.
  • dizzmatic89
    edited December 2011
    Options
    TrueGodHS wrote: »
    I meant his MAINSTREAM CAREER. His mixtapes and albums(Comeback Season had a few joints) are mostly on some soft ? . Even his songs with Wayne be on some soft ? . Hardest song on his album was Lord Knows which is only really hardbody due to the beat. Drake got a decent ear for beats though. His music is just...

HYFR, We'll Be Fine, Underground Kingz, Headlines,
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Kame
    edited December 2011
    Options
    *dead at black anime characters
  • dizzmatic89
    edited December 2011
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    a dope diss track is a dope diss track. you letting folks online who are talking bout irrelevant ? blind your normal hip hop instincts. if drake drops a banger dissing common. only clowns will be saying well drake is soft so it means nothing. or well drake is soft he's not really gonna approach common. well that goes for about 95% of rappers who just pop ? and aren't gonna do ? about it.

But the problem is that this is very possible. Case in point, Nelly won that battle with KRS 1, but "hip hop heads" will never admit it...

*prepares for hate*
  • TrueGodHS
    edited December 2011
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    We are in the SHARE GENERATION, ? share jeans and feelings with ? .

LMAO at this.....

And as far as The Light, that ? is a classic joint for real. I think it's all in the execution of the music. You can make a song about a girl that WOMEN like without singing and oooohhhhhing in the background all the time. ? cant even sing like that anyway.

However, if Drake made a diss song(which he has leverage considering the whole Serena thing) and it was dope, ? would have to give props. I just dont see it happening.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    a couple of years ago, hip hop fans were saying the music being released at the time was underwhelming
    nas said hip hop was dead, and ? said he was wrong for that

hip hop fans was getting tired of auto-tune
    jay released D.O.A., and ? said he had no right saying that

now everybody was talking about how soft this ? drake is
    common says the same thing, yet he's wrong for it?

how come yall ? are allowed to criticize hip hop, but rappers cant do the same?
    they are fans of this genre just like you. if anybody is allowed to express their opinion on hip hop, its them
  • TB.Boy
    TB.Boy Members Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The Question is how can drake capitalize from this? if he cant he probably wont respond but it would be nice to see them battle. when was the last dope battle in hiphop?
  • TrueGodHS
    edited December 2011
    Options
    HYFR, We'll Be Fine, Underground Kingz, Headlines,

All them songs is honestly lame to me. Underground Kingz is ight, but Headlines is wack as ? my dude. But to each his own for real.
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Damn, he called my generation a bunch of seahorses, Idk if I should laugh or be mad lol
  • dizzmatic89
    edited December 2011
    Options
    CoolJoe- somebody break down ? ass Come Close
    DM89-yeah break it down
    Chicity- *breaks it down*
    DM89-*smacks lips* I'm not even going to debate the merits of Come Close

Moral of the story- Some of you young ? 's scared of confortation ala DRAKE

It was basically a rhetorical question....like if youre really that big of a Common dickrider/Drake hater to support that song, then you lost.

You took the bait, congrats.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    a couple of years ago, hip hop fans were saying the music being released at the time was underwhelming

hip hop fans was getting tired of all that damn auto-tune

they are fans of this genre just like you. if anybody is allowed to express their opinion on hip hop, its them

my only problem with common in this situation is that why didn't he just say this from the jump. why not just come out and say it straight up. don't wait til album promo time to say the ? . I have no problem with him saying what he feels in general.
  • Kame
    edited December 2011
    Options
    TB.Boy wrote: »
    The Question is how can drake capitalize from this? if he cant he probably wont respond but it would be nice to see them battle. when was the last dope battle in hiphop?

He doesnt gain anything except respect for standing up to a legend, and we may get a good diss track
    But hes got more to lose, common`s legacy is set already, I do think he should respond though
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    CoolJoe- somebody break down ? ass Come Close
    DM89-yeah break it down
    Chicity- *breaks it down*
    DM89-*smacks lips* I'm not even going to debate the merits of Come Close

Moral of the story- Some of you young ? 's scared of confortation ala DRAKE

I didn't say explain it, I said defend it.
    The ? is soft as ? , period.
  • TrueGodHS
    edited December 2011
    Options

hip hop fans was getting tired of auto-tune

Dope post right here.
  • thefabmd2dc
    thefabmd2dc Members Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    CoolJoe wrote: »
    Someone defend that ? ass Come Close video.

Real ? was said right here
    These old men living in the past like Common is still going at West side connection
    This man been bill cosby before Drake even got flack for wearing the Bill Cosby sweaters.
    Seriously I like Common but ? him and all the hypocrites cosigning his ?
  • dizzmatic89
    edited December 2011
    Options
    CoolJoe wrote: »
    I didn't say explain it, I said defend it.
    The ? is soft as ? , period.

Co sign, and what the main argument is on my side, is how can Common diss Drake when he's basically guilty of doing the same things
  • dizzmatic89
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Real ? was said right here
    These old men living in the past like Common is still going at West side connection
    This man been bill cosby before Drake even got flack for wearing the Bill Cosby sweaters.
    Seriously I like Common but ? him and all the hypocrites cosigning his ?

co-sign this to the fullest.
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    It's also easy to say that if Drake drops a dope diss record towards whoever is going at him right now, that ? will respect it.
    But I doubt y'all ? will be willing to give him anything more than backhanded compliments, if he does drop something dope.