OLD HEADS - Drop SOME KNOWLEDGE FOR THE YOUNGER GENERATION

Options

Comments

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i have to counter a few things in this thread...

judge each person accordingly

just because their handshake isn't stronger than yours doesnt mean their a ? and cant fight(person could be a germaphobe or maybe you grip his fingers before he had a chance to grip your hand or just have weak hands)
    just because they dont look you in the eye..doesnt mean they're intimidated by you (? could be checking his surroundings)alot of world champ boxers dont do the stare down...its overrated
    just because you can yell over them doesnt make you right and them wrong (some people just dont like to raise their voice over ? )
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i'm not a old head but....

if u think u got life figured out.... u still are too young/immature...

think ? thru.... yo emotions can get u in alot of ? ...

real ? can cry...

if u a normal person and got too many "haters" u musta did somthin dat made them "hate" u...
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Learn the 6 P's...

Proper Planning Prevents ? Poor Performance. Word to Youngbloodz.
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Never re up on a weekend
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HyenaKilla wrote: »
    Never underestimate the value of a good Woman.

But on the flipside of that - don't put any woman on a pedestal.
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    pralims wrote: »

just because they dont look you in the eye..doesnt mean they're intimidated by you

Word to ol' dude you were talking about a while back that gave you the death grip handshake and was trying to stare into your soul.

• Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    7fIG wrote: »

but on the other flipside - tell that bish to bend over so u can see her buss it open
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »

just because they dont look you in the eye..doesnt mean they're intimidated by you

Word to ol' dude you were talking about a while back that gave you the death grip handshake and was trying to stare into your soul.

damn you remember that...lol

that ? was crazy.

they still talk about it til this day and they say i was in the wrong for trying to ? the ?
  • ChromaStoned
    ChromaStoned Members Posts: 938 ✭✭✭
    Options
    its all luck-for all you ppl without-tough luck bruh
  • In Your Moms Room
    In Your Moms Room Members Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You will always have haters. But in the mist of those haters, you must stay positive.
  • mr.jamrock
    mr.jamrock Members Posts: 435 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Unless she has mother in her title or raised you as such you owe her nothing
    parent's it's ok to raise you're son to be Bob Johnson instead of Allen iverson
  • High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Nosign, that'z a selfish & narrow-minded piece of advice.

What about your Grandma or other Women worthy of being held in reverence?

What you just stated goes against what I stated. If a Man can be placed on a pedestal due to greatness, why not a great Woman?

Straight up.

Dudes out here are too scorned too peep these jewels though.

• 7figz
    edited June 2012
    Options

Nosign, that'z a selfish & narrow-minded piece of advice.

What about your Grandma or other Women worthy of being held in reverence?

What you just stated goes against what I stated. If a Man can be placed on a pedestal due to greatness, why not a great Woman?

What you smokin' yo ?

There was no argument here. Obviously one should respect BOTH OF their parents.

To blindly tell younger dudes to worship women is crazy. ? what ya' heard. That's not about being scorned or anything - it's common sense. Even my mother put me on to that.

People should have to earn their respect period - so if you see some disagreement there then it is what it is. I personally feel if a women (or a man) earned then "greatness" then it's all good - give it to 'em. But in an "advice thread", you don't arm someone with half the truth - I'd tell a ? that a woman can be great, and so can he, and they can also be snakes, thieves, ? 's, liars, etc... too.

I'm starting to wonder if that's what you're implying - that all women are great - whether they earn/deserve it or not ? That's a whole other thread right there.

I also peeped the straw man ? that you did right there too because I never said that anybody at all should be placed on a pedestal.

• deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »

damn you remember that...lol

that ? was crazy.

they still talk about it til this day and they say i was in the wrong for trying to ? the ?

? was hilarious.

When you told that story, I pictured dude grabbing your hand and looking you in your eyes like this:

black-snake-moan.jpg

• fatbizzel2036
    fatbizzel2036 Members Posts: 5
    Options
    85% of communication is non verbal....listen for tone and inflection

sometimes you have to watch how a person says something to see what they are really saying.

dont try to prove to someone that they are lying. let them continue to talk and they will reveal their intentions.

most people know how to defend direct questions but cant defend indirect questions..so ask indirect questions and listen for direct answers you just have to learn what to listen for.(this one may be hard to learn for some people)

Doin this right here, has for sure saved my life!
    Good Post.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you want to live forever, repent and believe the gospel.

Amen.
  • 7figz
    edited June 2012
    Options
    What you smokin' yo ?

There was no argument here. Obviously one should respect BOTH OF their parents.

To blindly tell younger dudes to worship women is crazy. ? what ya' heard. That's not about being scorned or anything - it's common sense. Even my mother put me on to that.

People should have to earn their respect period - so if you see some disagreement there then it is what it is. I personally feel if a women (or a man) earned then "greatness" then it's all good - give it to 'em. But in an "advice thread", you don't arm someone with half the truth - I'd tell a ? that a woman can be great, and so can he, and they can also be snakes, thieves, ? 's, liars, etc... too.

I'm starting to wonder if that's what you're implying - that all women are great - whether they earn/deserve it or not ? That's a whole other thread right there.

I also peeped the straw man ? that you did right there too because I never said that anybody at all should be placed on a pedestal.

EEEdiot bwoy, stop distorting my words, I never said worship all women. Reverence is not a synonym of worship.

Learn how to add-on with your own input and stop tryna take away & piggyback off of mines.

How da hell you accuse me of an informal fallacy when u are in blatant violation with numerous fallacies in your response, (committing the exact same fallacy you are accusing me of) which is misrepresenting what I stated(Straw Man argument).

? , u don't even fully grasp the term you're trying to accuse me of, stop using malapropisms in a lame attempt to appear fairly educated.

Here are a list of your following committed fallacies: Irrelevant conclusion, sweeping generalization, attacking faulty reasoning to name the few overt ones.

Like I said originally Never underestimate the value of a good Woman

Dude, did you just strikethrough everything I wrote ? I can't tell you how much that ruined my day.

Honestly I didn't read much past that but you just assisted me with another jewel to drop on the youth -

Don't argue with ignorant people. Some people will seek arguments where there are none.

I'll leave it at that since this is a positive thread and you seem like a real negative, ignorant, overly-hostile type ? .

Obviously my original point is still made as well:

Don't put a woman on a pedastal.

Feel free to make a thread to see what normal people think about it.

• Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you want to live forever, repent and believe the gospel.

Amen.

if u dont want to live forever, believe in don cornelius and commit dat
  • heyslick
    heyslick Members Posts: 1,179
    Options
    IMO

Most black people of today (especially those under the age of 35) are there own worst enemy. I feel black people are the worst when it comes to constructive criticism - here's one point from a older and wiser man that most blacks refuse to address - STOP HAVING SO MANY BABIES & start learning how to nurture them instead of teaching them to be gangsters and thugs. HOW IN thee ? can any race of people refuse to understand that issue? then blame others for the sorry state of affairs that so many blacks find themselves in. - oh! almost forgot, to many blacks have that 'ace in the hole' - IE the blame game.....poor little me is and has been so oppressed for centuries - DAMN!
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    ^^ I can't c/s this fully.. u can't deny that there is a issue that Burns in the black community from outside forces... the "stop having so many kids" thing is irrelevant in the fact that the AVERAGE black male and female won't have no more then 4 kids... which is not bad... yea there are ? dat have more but ? there is latinos and Asians and whites who do as well.. and no offense but yo post sounds like a "public service announcement" when it seems like u "preachin" most young people are not gonna get da message... u gotta reach them wit out seeming like u "talkin down" to them...
  • heyslick
    Options
    ^^ I can't c/s this fully.. u can't deny that there is a issue that Burns in the black community from outside forces... the "stop having so many kids" thing is irrelevant in the fact that the AVERAGE black male and female won't have no more then 4 kids... which is not bad... yea there are ? dat have more but ? there is latinos and Asians and whites who do as well.. and no offense but yo post sounds like a "public service announcement" when it seems like u "preachin" most young people are not gonna get da message... u gotta reach them wit out seeming like u "talkin down" to them...

Thanks for showing me what most black folks/peoples of today can't/OR refuse to face. I guess 'TOUGH LOVE' is TOO tough for most to comprehend. How many times does that point need to be brought forth to be understood? If black people continue to cry about ones 'method of madness' how does that address the bottom-line? - of course you did exactly what most within this site do - look at what OTHERS are doing - while you avoid the real issue for another generation of hateful and angry black people - when is this vicious cycle gonna ever end?

IMO this kind of mindset plagues so many poor black communities and it just never seems to get better,only worse - e.g. Black man has 30 children with 11 different women & hes glorified in so many of the aforementioned communities.

• damobb2deep
    Options
    ^^ ok I get it u trollin...
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I knew @damobb2deep was gonna pull the "but whites/latinos do the same thing" card. Atleast when Mexicans have all these kids out in public dressed in their weird outfits, the father is usually with the mother. You can't act like out of wedlock births/kids without a father ain't a bigger problem in the black community than others. I moved back to the US recently and this multiple babymomma/daddy ? I see is disgusting.
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    huh? I kno PLENTY of latino people who dont live wit both parents... smh... ? u trollin.. I've seen plenty of lil " Latin kings" and " La razas" in training.. dont play dat stupid ? ... i'm not tryna say that what we do in da black community is less bad but u can't point da finger @ da black community 4 somthin that is a issue across da board..
  • heyslick
    Options
    I knew @damobb2deep was gonna pull the "but whites/latinos do the same thing" card. Atleast when Mexicans have all these kids out in public dressed in their weird outfits, the father is usually with the mother. You can't act like out of wedlock births/kids without a father ain't a bigger problem in the black community than others. I moved back to the US recently and this multiple babymomma/daddy ? I see is disgusting.

THAT'S precisely my biggest complaint about black people. I came across this site many years ago & wondered Y so many black folks refuse to address that issue? -- NOW 6 years later and nothing has changed,it's only gotten worse and the next gernation of young black youth are playing the same old tune IE there victims and nothing is of there own making OR WORSE they blame whitey for all there problems. I HATE THAT kind of mentality.