You Rep Hip Hop? Post your collection.....

Options

Comments

• CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CJ wrote: »
    ? all y'all "been collecting for 20 yrs" ass ? lol

Can I post my iTunes? I literally just started a cd collection I buy them on iTunes but I decided I want CDs all of a sudden
    Save your ipod list. That ? will be wiped out one day

? wont happen over night but you'll get your ? up. You can probably find alot of older stuff online now for the low.

Yeah I have & at some mom & pops music stores around town.
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    another autographed cd/dvd from sabac red, from non phixon...

IMG_1388.jpg

• water ur seeds
    Options
    sniperk wrote: »
    @waterurseeds

Wow... you've got some impressive ish in your collection. Respect.

This thread had me going through some of my stuff I have stored away and I found my old Atari 2600...lol.

thanks fam lol daum, that atari prolly worth some serious paper haha
  • nyst8ofmin
    nyst8ofmin Members Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    water ur seeds..... godddam. your vinyl collection is crazy. u got some real gems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i been djing for 20 years and id trade my entire vinyl collection (about 20 crates of mostly 90's ny hip hop) for the records in the pix u posted
    i posted this a while back.... ppl didnt believe it was mines cuz in hraps thread u had to post a proof pic also........gtfoh. plus this photo is old.
    zDyX1.jpg

• water ur seeds
    Options
    nyst8ofmin wrote: »
    water ur seeds..... godddam. your vinyl collection is crazy. u got some real gems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i been djing for 20 years and id trade my entire vinyl collection (about 20 crates of mostly 90's ny hip hop) for the records in the pix u posted
    i posted this a while back.... ppl didnt believe it was mines cuz in hraps thread u had to post a proof pic also........gtfoh. plus this photo is old.
    zDyX1.jpg

yo i remember your tape collection pics brother! haha that is epic, they must be worth a fortune, keep them safe breda!!! i wish i had a tape game like that.. respect
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Few of my fav collections

IMG-20120816-00323.jpg
    IMG-20120816-00324.jpg
    IMG-20120816-00315.jpg
    IMG-20120816-00330.jpg
    IMG-20120816-00333.jpg
    IMG-20120816-00335.jpg
    IMG-20120816-00336.jpg
    IMG-20120816-00337.jpg
    IMG-20120816-00338.jpg
    IMG-20120816-00341.jpg
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    # 1 Outkast fan ^^^ on the IC ?
  • MrLunatik1979
    MrLunatik1979 Members Posts: 913 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I wish I had pics of my collection, I put all my albums on my computer years ago and now they all just sitting in storage at my pop's. I have about 450 albums (all hip-hop/R&B studio albums), none newer than 2002. Have some great albums in there, but also have some that are pretty bad. I think my favorite in the bunch is my ? CD with Gz up Hoez Down on it before, being from a small Canadian city I had never seen a version of ? with it until I found it at a ? shop.

From '02 until a few years back I went the pirate route, but now I but em all through itunes if I can.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    # 1 Outkast fan ^^^ on the IC ?

I'm a big Kast fan as well.
  • water ur seeds
    Options
    good icecoldstew, ill get round to doing something like that... after spending 3/4 days putting them all in alphabetical order i dont wanna take them joints back out lol
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    Here's a lil more than 100 at my mother's house. I got about another 100 in different places like my car and apartment. Also I had about another 100+ CD's stolen around 2003 and I was crushed at the time.

nlpr2a.jpg

24qtj79.jpg

Half of my Nas collection. The rest of it is elsewhere.

23r0yg.jpg

27zc65t.jpg

YOUNG MOULA BABAY!

ogtbd.jpg

That back cover of 36 Chambers is the first album I ever owned back in 98. Unfortunately somehow I lost the front and the CD itself was stolen along with the others. Smh.

Just got my Life Is Good vinyl today. Ready to start collecting. I almost won a big for Illmatic cassette on ebay for $26 but my ? forgot to bid one last time at the end. Ima get that ? one way or another though.
  • bindayvez79
    bindayvez79 Members Posts: 402 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I wish I could dog. All my cd's are in cases. So I'll just say my three 160 gig ipods still ain't enough to fit my whole music collection.
  • Stew
    Options
    Anybody got the Nas From Illmatic To Stillmatic: The Remix cd thats not edited? Not sure what the deal was when I bought it when it first came out but Best Buy only had an edited version of it.
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    Here's a lil more than 100 at my mother's house. I got about another 100 in different places like my car and apartment. Also I had about another 100+ CD's stolen around 2003 and I was crushed at the time.

nlpr2a.jpg

24qtj79.jpg

23r0yg.jpg

27zc65t.jpg

YOUNG MOULA BABAY!

ogtbd.jpg

That back cover of 36 Chambers is the first album I ever owned back in 98. Unfortunately somehow I lost the front and the CD itself was stolen along with the others. Smh.

Just got my Life Is Good vinyl today. Ready to start collecting. I almost won a big for Illmatic cassette on ebay for $26 but my ? forgot to bid one last time at the end. Ima get that ? one way or another though.

I was gonna give you GOAT cause that LAKER poster and NaS collect

then I seen weezy and co.

and proceeded to scroll down
  • water ur seeds
    Options
    @ buttuh

i would be suicidal if something happened to my cds, thats why ive written down every cd i got, all 1900 and photo copied them 3 times and left them in various places in case house burnt down or something lol im serious... ocd at its finest
  • water ur seeds
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I got loads of rare OG and OOP pressing CDs/records like Kool G Rap, Pharoahe Monch, and Main Source, Lord Finesse and Showbiz etc... But someone mentioned this Snoop joint...

photo-14.jpg

'Gz Up, Hoes Down" was omitted after initial pressings because of sample-clearance issues.
    The initial CD release that contains "Gz Up, Hoes Down" has a track listing on the disc with given names for all the interludes. (In later pressings the interludes are not given separate track listings; the printed listing has only 13 tracks, though the disc still contains all 18 remaining tracks.)
    The track 'Tha Next Episode' is listed on the original track listing but is not featured on any of the pressings'
  • water ur seeds
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Anyone noitce on the 2pac Greatest Hits they cut out loads of his lyrics on Troublesome and tracks like that, thankgod I got the OG pressings, dont sound the same... They cut out Death Row on alot of re pressings to
  • Stew
    Options
    My dad has the OG ? but somebody jacked the cd a long time ago. Ill have to check and see If his case has it on it.
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »

nlpr2a.jpg

24qtj79.jpg

23r0yg.jpg

27zc65t.jpg

YOUNG MOULA BABAY!

ogtbd.jpg

I was gonna give you GOAT cause that LAKER poster and NaS collect

then I seen weezy and co.

and proceeded to scroll down

I got a lot of other rapper's catalogs but I thought it would be cool to post some different ? to show my versatility.
  • water ur seeds
    Options
    no one else got any collections??? bout the writters who post up pieces on the editorials and schitt???
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    no one else got any collections??? bout the writters who post up pieces on the editorials and schitt???

They deleted the old thread :( you bodied it anyway so what's the point LOL.

Worst mistake I ever made was throwing away my old Source magazines, I regret that ? now.

• Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    You only got hip hop records in your collection?

Nah most of it is hip hop though, but I got soul, blues, jazz, r&b, country, reggae/ragga/soca, latino, world, rock, punk, retro... Everything except metal! lol

Why don't you ? with metal? Just curious
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »

Worst mistake I ever made was throwing away my old Source magazines, I regret that ? now.

I made the same mistake. I bought Source mags from time time but I collected every single month of XXL for like 5 years (02-08). Threw em out because they took too much space. I read them ? cover to back though

smh So much history I threw away
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Here go a updated closer look since the first pic was kinda blurry

IMG_0623.jpg
    IMG_0619.jpg
    IMG_0614.jpg?t=1345522621
    IMG_0610.jpg
    IMG_0606.jpg
    IMG_0600.jpg?t=1345522615
    IMG_0631.jpg

I got more lying around somewhere. I'll up them later
  • water ur seeds
    edited August 2012
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »

lol its cool just to see other peoples collections, like i thought some of the editors might have some dope records or tapes if they are older heads, or been buying cds from back in the day... and co-sign about throwing away old mags, i found some that i posed up from around 1999 onwards, but i wish i had some from 1996/1997, thats when my dukes started letting me start getting hip hop mags lol at one point she tried to take away my nwa cds and schitt because the swearing was too bad haha
  • water ur seeds
    edited August 2012
    Options
    @GZus

i just cant deal with all that loud shouting and heavy metal schitt, some punk is cool, but metalheads i find just scream down the mic and make loud noises lol
This discussion has been closed.