You Rep Hip Hop? Post your collection.....

Options

Comments

• nyst8ofmin
    nyst8ofmin Members Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i kept a lot of magazine... not so much the sources---i got a bunch from the 90's (wu tang cover, biggie cover, flavor flav cover etc) but i still have all my BLAZE magazines, a lot of classic vibes (alliyahs death issue/pac & big murder issue etc) as well as scratch magazines, felon magazine etc etc. a nice little collection of mags nonetheless but i would like to go back and read all the hiphop quotables before the source got out of hand...
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @GZus

i just cant deal with all that loud shouting and heavy metal schitt, some punk is cool, but metalheads i find just scream down the mic and make loud noises lol

lol You just described punk music
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GZus wrote: »
    @GZus

i just cant deal with all that loud shouting and heavy metal schitt, some punk is cool, but metalheads i find just scream down the mic and make loud noises lol

lol You just described punk music

nah i only few punk tunes lol, the type that i guess fall into the rock category to, like blink, green day, nivarna, chill peppers and things... i like this kinda 'punk'... i hate that metal schitt, with them dudes on stage with ? flags wearing gas masks lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CnxzpLjV0M
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Options
    @water ur seeds you sound ignorant as ? . For a ? with so much music its a shame you dont know much about other genres. And Nirvana would fall under grunge/alternative/metal.

You might like some alternative or grunge ? tho because it's more on the melodic side. Check out Alice in Chains, Placebo, Soundgarden, Deftones, Audioslave, Tool, A Perfect Circle, Smashing Pumpkins, Chevelle. I think that type of ? might be more your speed.

I like the melodic ? too. I don't really ? with that yellin and screaming smh neither so I feel you but you got metal confused with death metal or some other ? . You genaralizing like crazy...and punk sucks bruh
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Options
    And that Day to Remember track you posted wasn't no punk ? . Punk is fast and chaotic and purposely bad. You posted a pop/emo/scene/ love ballad. That ? was tittie soft lol but I can dig it
  • I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lmao @waterurseeds that raewkwon post had me checking my cd to see if had that sig on it lol

ill be back shortly to take number 2 in this thread lol......cant beat seeds smh
  • I Self Lord & Master
    edited August 2012
    Options
    ok, i positioned the photos so that if u look closely u can see what each and every album is (its in a backwards alphabetical order if u want to check for something...)..and the last photo is just a proof shot

0097f0d4.jpg

1240e488.jpg

3aac7b00.jpg

ba6405c1.jpg

d7a96969.jpg
  • water ur seeds
    edited August 2012
    Options
    @water ur seeds you sound ignorant as ? . For a ? with so much music its a shame you dont know much about other genres. And Nirvana would fall under grunge/alternative/metal.

You might like some alternative or grunge ? tho because it's more on the melodic side. Check out Alice in Chains, Placebo, Soundgarden, Deftones, Audioslave, Tool, A Perfect Circle, Smashing Pumpkins, Chevelle. I think that type of ? might be more your speed.

I like the melodic ? too. I don't really ? with that yellin and screaming smh neither so I feel you but you got metal confused with death metal or some other ? . You genaralizing like crazy...and punk sucks bruh

dont talk to me about other genres brother, your the one sounding ignorant... im heavy into blues, country, soul, r&b, classic rock n roll and all sorts... i called blink and a day to remember, nivarna as punk/punk rock, loads of people do, they fall under grunge, alt rock, theres no real genre for them, they change their style all the time, album to album... along with chili peppers, smashing pupkins etc... i got all their material... lol @ calling nivara metal! i dont like metal or the punk that scream down the mic and and play that loud death ? , like them german bands... i dont know alot of punk, i get my punk and grunge schit from my tattoo artist, but i know alot about blues, soul, classic rock n roll, country and reagge/ragga, swing, and i love my latino/cuban/mexcian island music to... like i say all them bands fall under different genre album to album, especially rock, you cant call them one genre...
  • water ur seeds
    Options
    forgot to add this joint in, a madvillainy 2 box set

CD Madvillainy “2” The Madlib Remix.
    7-INCH “One Beer (? Version)”
    CASSETTE The Madvillainy Demo Tape.
    T-SHIRT Nominated. Best Rolled L's
    COMIC BOOK Meanwhile...

IMG_0898.jpg

IMG_0901.jpg

IMG_0906.jpg

• water ur seeds
    Options
    And that Day to Remember track you posted wasn't no punk ? . Punk is fast and chaotic and purposely bad. You posted a pop/emo/scene/ love ballad. That ? was tittie soft lol but I can dig it

that because it was the acoustic version, check the normal punk version... its alot 'chaotic' as you put it, most of their stuff is to loud for me, but i like alot of the vocals when they 'sing'

• water ur seeds
    edited August 2012
    Options
    @ i self lord and master

haha nice collection breda, good to see another poster in this thread!!! got me holding my laptop to eyes trying to read the albums lol nice variation
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Options

dont talk to me about other genres brother, your the one sounding ignorant... im heavy into blues, country, soul, r&b, classic rock n roll and all sorts... i called blink and a day to remember, nivarna as punk/punk rock, loads of people do, they fall under grunge, alt rock, theres no real genre for them, they change their style all the time, album to album... along with chili peppers, smashing pupkins etc... i got all their material... lol @ calling nivara metal! i dont like metal or the punk that scream down the mic and and play that loud death ? , like them german bands... i dont know alot of punk, i get my punk and grunge schit from my tattoo artist, but i know alot about blues, soul, classic rock n roll, country and reagge/ragga, swing, and i love my latino/cuban/mexcian island music to... like i say all them bands fall under different genre album to album, especially rock, you cant call them one genre...

Bruh you don't know what the ? you talkin bout

lol @ Calling Nirvana and Chilli Peppers punk music. And lol @ acting as if "grunge" isn't a sub-genre of metal. Just stop bruh cuz you're letting ur ignorance shine.

If you actually listened to punk you would hate that ? . And It actually is true that RHCP and Nirvana did some punk ? early on but you probably never heard it (it was garbage btw). It would be cool if you actually knew what you was talking bout and said you don't like metal but you don't even know what metal is, let alone punk. But I aint mad at you homie, to each his own
  • water ur seeds
    edited August 2012
    Options

lol @ Calling Nirvana and Chilli Peppers punk music. And lol @ acting as if "grunge" isn't a sub-genre of metal. Just stop bruh cuz you're letting ur ignorance shine.

If you actually listened to punk you would hate that ? . And It actually is true that RHCP and Nirvana did some punk ? early on but you probably never heard it (it was garbage btw). It would be cool if you actually knew what you was talking bout and said you don't like metal but you don't even know what metal is, let alone punk. But I aint mad at you homie, to each his own

breda your showing your ignorance, your saying chili peppers and nirvana did do punk now lol

each album artists did in the that whole genre was different album to album...

have you read 'slash' the autobiography from the guitarist from 'guns n roses' one of the best books ive ever read, i suggest you read it, really good read... he played in blues bands, rock bands, worked everyone you can think of, jimi hendrix, you name it... he hated punk and wasnt a real big fan of chili peppers because they where into the punk thing, he was friends with them, but wasnt into that whole punk ? period... like you said each to their own... i

m not gonna sit here and act like im and massive punk fan and i know all about it... i like some greenday, nirvana, blink etc what ever you wanna call it...

i love guns n roses and alot of old skool rock, bob dylan, neil young, swing etc... but my main thing is im a massive old skool hip hop head, blues and soul fan...

and i like country to, hank williams and johnny cash are amazing, i find it similar to hip hop in someways, the story telling and ballads...

peace brother
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Options

breda your showing your ignorance, your saying chili peppers and nirvana did do punk now lol

have you read 'slash' the autobiography from the guitarist from 'guns n roses' one of the best books ive ever read, i suggest you read it, really good read... he played in blues bands, rock bands, worked everyone you can think of, jimi hendrix, you name it... he hated punk and wasnt a real big fan of chili peppers because they where into the punk thing, he was friends with them, but wasnt into that whole punk ? period... like you said each to their own... i

m not gonna sit here and act like im and massive punk fan and i know all about it... i like some greenday, nirvana, blink etc what ever you wanna call it...

i love guns n roses and alot of old skool rock, bob dylan, neil young, swing etc... but my main thing is im a massive old skool hip hop head, blues and soul fan...

and i like country to, hank williams and johnny cash are amazing, i find it similar to hip hop in someways, the story telling and ballads...

peace brother

Nah aint no peace ? . You aint going nowhere until I get it through your head, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Nirvana aren't punk bands. You apparently don't know much about the genre. And guess what, Guns n Roses is METAL, my friend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAJYARIngtg

^^^That's punk music, bruh. What you listen to sounds nothing like that

You say you like punk but you really don't so I don't know what you're trying to disagree with me about. I don't like punk either. Green Day isn't Punk either, they may have started out doing true punk music but they evolved into pop-punk.

@HLF my fault for talking about non hip hop ? in your thread bruh but this ? hard-headed as ?

• I Self Lord & Master
    edited August 2012
    Options
    lol gzus just posted bad brains......my pics dont showcase them clearly because of the flash, but above the "artifacts between a rock and a hard place" and "az doe or die" is a bad brains album lol

i delve into other genres.....i cant tell u the difference between rock and punk...but i ? w/ that bad brains!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSR03XPdnQE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqK_WSEtb7M

• I Self Lord & Master
    edited August 2012
    Options
    and cosign everyone that mentioned albums being stolen from them

I was born in 87 so i was bred and i grown into this hip hop ?

ive been buying albums as long as ive been buying anything lol................but i didnt take care of them ? ! smfh. Over the years ive lost so many albums out of nowhere............but as a collector albums seemed to pop up in my house out of nowhere lol.

If i knew what i was doing years back my collection would be damn near triple sized what it is now....ive lost and thrown away so much ? smfh........including source mags.

But currently i do this ? for my future kids. So i can let them hear AND read, and TOUCH what we were ? w/ in my day

if i took care of all the ? i bought....it would be full of Hypnotized Mind camp (3 6 mafia and co) ...? all memphis ? (kingpin skinny ? etc) ...no limit....chitown ? (do or die...speedknot mobstas...S.A.W. (lol).......and all kinds of random undground ? ...Jay and Nas albums....i ? with it all. And i still do
  • water ur seeds
    edited August 2012
    Options

peace brother

Nah aint no peace ? . You aint going nowhere until I get it through your head, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Nirvana aren't punk bands. You apparently don't know much about the genre. And guess what, Guns n Roses is METAL, my friend.

You say you like punk but you really don't so I don't know what you're trying to disagree with me about. I don't like punk either. Green Day isn't Punk either, they may have started out doing true punk music but they evolved into pop-punk.

@HLF my fault for talking about non hip hop ? in your thread bruh but this ? hard-headed as ?

Loser, you think this is metal??? Its rock n roll you wasteman... Like i said, there IS NO ONE GENRE to these bands, Guns n Rose is A rock n roll band... Certain albums follow different themes, to Be honest I couldnt give A schitt what you think... You Be telling Me the Beatles is metal next

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=346buRwtrOU
  • water ur seeds
    Options

peace brother

so your saying greenday isnt punk, but pop-punk... fck off, there is no one genre to these bands, each album and song is different genre... get over it
  • water ur seeds
    Options
    @ i self lord and master

if you like your ragga and that, check this out breda, pure epic, especially when he goes into real freestyle about schitt happening to in his endz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9Qe0W2BEEM

and this gives you goose bumps, pure real emotion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQgdmGhlN8k

• Trillaaaaaa
    Options

ive been buying albums as long as ive been buying anything lol................but i didnt take care of them ? ! smfh. Over the years ive lost so many albums out of nowhere............but as a collector albums seemed to pop up in my house out of nowhere lol.

If i knew what i was doing years back my collection would be damn near triple sized what it is now....ive lost and thrown away so much ? smfh........including source mags.

But currently i do this ? for my future kids. So i can let them hear AND read, and TOUCH what we were ? w/ in my day

if i took care of all the ? i bought....it would be full of Hypnotized Mind camp (3 6 mafia and co) ...? all memphis ? (kingpin skinny ? etc) ...no limit....chitown ? (do or die...speedknot mobstas...S.A.W. (lol).......and all kinds of random undground ? ...Jay and Nas albums....i ? with it all. And i still do

Bruh, you don't even know how many albums been stolen from me since middle school. DMX, Jay-Z, Ludacris, Jadakiss, Juvenile, Black Rob and a whole bunh of other quality ? . lol That's why I love friends. That's why I don't ? with the word "borrow" lol

I stopped buying albums in 08, that's why my collection is limited to mostly Southern ? . My taste in hip hop has grown so much since then. I'm a start coppin cd's again to reflect my taste though

peace brother

Loser, you think this is metal??? Its rock n roll you wasteman... Like i said, there IS NO ONE GENRE to these bands, Guns n Rose is A rock n roll band... Certain albums follow different themes, to Be honest I couldnt give A schitt what you think... You Be telling Me the Beatles is metal next

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHEUsGhUtgg

Good lord you're a ? idiot. Of course it's "rock n roll". All of it is ? rock n roll you myopic fool. Just like "Gangsta" rap, "Conscious" rap, "? " rap, "southern" rap, "hyphy", "crunk", "bounce", "boom-bap", "horrorcore" etc. is ? Hip Hop.

Rock n roll is just a broad blanket term in which to place all these different sub-genres in. lol @ this imbecile tryna tell me GNR isn't metal. Go to any rock concert and try to say that ? , you'll get chin-checked and snuffed...and maybe even pockets ran (lol just playin). They'll give you a Shaq-Face and tell you to go listen to creed.

You keep saying you ? with punk music but you have yet to name one single punk band you degenerate bastard. Chili Peppers is alt-rock. Nirvana is grunge-metal. Guns n Roses are indeed heavy ? metal. A Day to Remember are emo/scene/metalcore. The closest you came was Green Day and Blink 182 which is laughable. They're an off-shoot of punk which is pop-punk. They're pretty much a tittie milk version of punk made for highschoolers and prepubescent girls.

I'm done whith this non-debate. Step your genre game up ?
  • water ur seeds
    Options

Bruh, you don't even know how many albums been stolen from me since middle school. DMX, Jay-Z, Ludacris, Jadakiss, Juvenile, Black Rob and a whole bunh of other quality ? . lol That's why I love friends. That's why I don't ? with the word "borrow" lol

I stopped buying albums in 08, that's why my collection is limited to mostly Southern ? . My taste in hip hop has grown so much since then. I'm a start coppin cd's again to reflect my taste though

peace brother

Good lord you're a ? idiot. Of course it's "rock n roll". All of it is ? rock n roll you myopic fool. Just like "Gangsta" rap, "Conscious" rap, "? " rap, "southern" rap, "hyphy", "crunk", "bounce", "boom-bap", "horrorcore" etc. is ? Hip Hop.

Rock n roll is just a broad blanket term in which to place all these different sub-genres in. lol @ this imbecile tryna tell me GNR isn't metal. Go to any rock concert and try to say that ? , you'll get chin-checked and snuffed...and maybe even pockets ran (lol just playin). They'll give you a Shaq-Face and tell you to go listen to creed.

You keep saying you ? with punk music but you have yet to name one single punk band you degenerate bastard. Chili Peppers is alt-rock. Nirvana is grunge-metal. Guns n Roses are indeed heavy ? metal. A Day to Remember are emo/scene/metalcore. The closest you came was Green Day and Blink 182 which is laughable. They're an off-shoot of punk which is pop-punk. They're pretty much a tittie milk version of punk made for highschoolers and prepubescent girls.

listen you ? , thats what ive been saying to you from the beginning, there is no genre for them groups, GNR come under blues for some ? , blink under punk rock, new age punk, grunge what ever... and if you spoke me like that in REAL LIFE I would break your fckn jaw you fckn pussyole

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=346buRwtrOU
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    lmao yall chill man. damn
  • water ur seeds
    Options

im chilled, this dude needs to go to a death metal website with his schitt, talking bout tapping chins, come down to my boxing club and get the sparing gear on, otherwise debate it on here like grown ups lol

• Trillaaaaaa
    Options

peace brother

listen you ? , thats what ive been saying to you from the beginning, there is no genre for them groups, GNR come under blues for some ? , blink under punk rock, new age punk, grunge what ever... and if you spoke me like that in REAL LIFE I would break your fckn jaw you fckn pussyole

Bruh I'm ? with these hands, you wouldn't break ? on my face. But all that is irrelevant because it can't be proven unless we face to face. Feel free to insult me like I insulted you but you can miss me with them threats cuz that's all cheap talk...Keep it music
  • Trillaaaaaa
    edited August 2012
    Options

My fault bruh, I'm not tryna hijack your thread

im chilled, this dude needs to go to a death metal website with his schitt, talking bout tapping chins, come down to my boxing club and get the sparing gear on, otherwise debate it on here like grown ups lol

lol everybody a pro boxer on these internets. I bob and weave too my ? . and you aint see the "just playin" I put up there in parentheses? I already told you I don't listen to death metal
This discussion has been closed.