Lets keep it real, NYC has had a lesser impact on the urban community than California and the south

Options

Comments

• ceothachosen1
    ceothachosen1 Members Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭
    Options
    zay_24 wrote: »
    Keep it real "dunny"
    Asap roccy dont give a damn about old brooklyn heads wearin grills, he wears them cuz hes influenced by houston,

could be true who gives a ? about asap.......... im just stating facts
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lil B is from California

/thread

damon-dash-big-pimpin-o.gif
  • zay_24
    zay_24 Members Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Lil Loca wrote: »
    I'm still not understanding how you all are coming to the conclusion that NYC has a lesser impact. NYC is the cultural mecca center. When the rest of the country was backwards, NYC moved forwards. New York had the Harlem Renaissance, the Nation of Islam and other Black spiritual movements, and most of all, hip hop. They set the trends before the rest of the country followed suit.
    Harlem Renaissance happened in every big city in the country smh. And Blacc panters>>>>>nation of islam

Yall have no impact on hip hop anymore yall hottest rapper is a popstar female
    NY lost
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wild Self wrote: »
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    New York isn't the Mecca of anything.

Maybe in the 80's but after that naw b.

The 90's the West owned hip hop and in the 00-current the South has been running hip hop.

Just look at how New York ? try to emulate Southern culture

This is true. ? just went haywire when Lil Jon came in the rap game. He made that southern ? popular today. And cats never went back to the traditional boom bap rap in the club scene. All 808s and Euro beats.

The Lil John era dumbed hip hop culture and hip hop fans down.

heads cannot listen to a boom bap 16 bar verse anymore. 808s is like audio drugs to these kids.
    I feel like when the South dominated hip hop, the culture went to complete ? , especially with the rise of crunk, and was the worse influence ever. Dumbed down lyrics, wack beats, and boring subject matter. There's nothing wrong with party ? , but there was very little substance coming out of that region during that time. Ying Yang Twins, Jermaine Dupri, Lil' Flip, Field Mob, Lil' John, Mike Jones, Slim Thug, Wayne, and Juvenile....all wack. The only hot ? coming out of the South was UGK, Geto Boyz, and Three 6 Mafia (if they were consistent with their ? ). Overall, I think that NYC was the foundation of an entire culture for the urban community, so I cannot co-sign that it's had a lesser impact.

The only thing the the south done right is toning down on the beef. Back in 02-05, cats were beefing like there was no tomorrow. Outside of a few cats like Kanye and the vets, Hip Hop turned into a shadow of its former self. The east is to blame too because they only let the same damn rappers get shine for 5-7 years without any new blood getting in. Fat Joe spoke on that and I believe that he right on the money on that ? .
  • ceothachosen1
    ceothachosen1 Members Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭
    Options
    hate is nothing new to us
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm still not understanding how you all are coming to the conclusion that NYC has a lesser impact. NYC is the cultural mecca center. When the rest of the country was backwards, NYC moved forwards. New York had the Harlem Renaissance, the Nation of Islam, and hip hop. They set the trends before the rest of the country followed suit.

The same Nation of Islam that got jealous of Malcolm X and murdered him in cold blood?

lol that's moving foward to you? Black on black violence. Blacks being jealous of other blacks?
  • CallMeWelvin
    Options
    Lil B is from California

/thread

Lil B>>>>>>chicken noodle soup
  • zay_24
    Options
    Lil B>>>>>>>mister c(got caught getting head from a DUDE, not even a ? but a fuccin dude smh)
  • Anti_matter
    Anti_matter Members Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm still not understanding how you all are coming to the conclusion that NYC has a lesser impact. NYC is the cultural mecca center. When the rest of the country was backwards, NYC moved forwards. New York had the Harlem Renaissance, the Nation of Islam, and hip hop. They set the trends before the rest of the country followed suit.

The same Nation of Islam that got jealous of Malcolm X and murdered him in cold blood?

lol that's moving foward to you? Black on black violence. Blacks being jealous of other blacks?

another ? who MOVED to NY and took ? over.

• zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    Keep it real "dunny"
    Asap roccy dont give a damn about old brooklyn heads wearin grills, he wears them cuz hes influenced by houston,

How the ? you know that? ? in harlem used to wear grills too. The ? in houston got it from nyc so you see no matter what you say it always comes back to the mecca.
    I know because the ? chop n screws his raps and drinks sizzrup, obviously hes mimiccin houston culture, oh but wait, yall started that too? lol

As far as i know that ? sizzrup ? comes from philly but if the south wants to claim it they can keep that ? as for rapping over a slowed down beat ? it they can keep that ? too but they did not make grill popular that's an early east cost thing.
  • zay_24
    Options
    They didn't make it popular?
    LMAO stop it, grills aint become a nation wide trend until the SOUTH started doing it, so yes they did make it popular.
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    Lil B is from California

/thread

Lil B>>>>>>chicken noodle soup

I rather listen to Chicken Noodle Soup then some dude talking about I'm ?

White Girl Mob is from California
  • zombie
    Options
    I'm still not understanding how you all are coming to the conclusion that NYC has a lesser impact. NYC is the cultural mecca center. When the rest of the country was backwards, NYC moved forwards. New York had the Harlem Renaissance, the Nation of Islam and other Black spiritual movements, and most of all, hip hop. They set the trends before the rest of the country followed suit.
    Harlem Renaissance happened in every big city in the country smh. And Blacc panters>>>>>nation of islam

Yall have no impact on hip hop anymore yall hottest rapper is a popstar female
    NY lost

The N.O.I is from the chi not nyc but You can fight it all you want man but we are called the empire state for a reason.

• StillFaggyAF
    Options
  • zombie
    Options
    They didn't make it popular?
    LMAO stop it, grills aint become a nation wide trend until the SOUTH started doing it, so yes they did make it popular.

But where did the south get it from? nyc so they still had to follow.
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
  • zay_24
    Options
    Explain NY ? reppin streets in LA lmao
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is all true, but most posters have the "What have [insert noun] done for me lately?" mentality of the fast paced lifestyle. But in the last several years, it seems like the roles reversed. This is a southern centric culture we live in now. The popularity of strip clubs have skyrocketed, the strippers themselves are getting worshipped, the clothes are getting brighter, the women are looking far better, the cars have louder sound systems. Even the damn slang like "HAM" is incorporated in everyday speech.

Its ? up, but you gotta adjust to it.

• StillFaggyAF
    Options
  • harlem hustla
    harlem hustla Members Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

explain southern ? doin the samething
  • CallMeWelvin
    Options

Malcolm said it himself that he didn't think that the Nation was after him alone. He speculated that the FBI or CIA were planning something. There is also speculation that the government infiltrated the NOI to ? X. I believe that this has validity.

So the Nation of Islam was so weak willed that they let the white man infiltrate their organization and convince them to act upon their jealous ways and ? Malcolm X? lol you don't say

Oh and the Nation of Islam hate white people but their leader and founder is a white man...look it up...New York lost
  • zombie
    Options

That's a new thing young boy, and it comes from the jail system and yes it's stupid as ? just like the gang culture in la is stupid as ? . It's sad but that's the major thing you ? 's gave too hip-hop.
  • harlem hustla
    harlem hustla Members Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "I think im big meech Larry Hoover"

two upnorth midwest ?

• zay_24
    Options

explain southern ? doin the samething
    Southern ? and west coast ? have always had close ties with each other. Alot of OG crip n bloods from the south actually have fam in cali that put them on in the 80s.

NY ? on the other hand are just copy cats