Lets keep it real, NYC has had a lesser impact on the urban community than California and the south

Options

Comments

• zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wild Self wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    zay_24 wrote: »

And NY aint been relevant in hip hop since the 80s, once NWA came out NY never had a impact on hip hop again, sorry

? are you out of your ? mind do you realize almost all of hip-hops top ceos come from nyc.

Do you realize all the relevant rappers today arent from NY

They ain't from the west coast either my man you have had a longer dry run than we ever had after tupac died you ? fell off the ? planet. We had puffy with his shiney suit era then we had the dmx/ ja rule/ 50 cent era all this was in the 2000's. You westside ? been off since the mid 90's. the old heads still hold nyc down,

LOL @ oldheads being depended on in a youth based genre. You got to give new blood a chance to shine. I came up on old school East coast music, but even I know that at some point, the old heads gotta back off a little. You want Hip Hop to look like the Spurs?

It don't work like that. The youth have to ? the old, the old heads have to be removed by force Nas replaced rakim and someone has to come along and replace nas.

? , many of those oldheads are gonna ? themselves. Most of the oldheads are a shadow of their former selves, material wise. ASAP Rocky is the product of 90s babies being raised by southern music.

Young or old south or east the skill level displayed on todays records has decreased. The old heads have adapted to the hordes of younger and wacker rappers just look at what has become of jay-z he sounds like he don't even try anymore. ASAP Rocky is unique among younger east cost rappers because in the deep underground on the east coast most ? do not rap like him. when i say underground i'm talking about the dudes sell cd's on 42 and 34th street.
  • zay_24
    zay_24 Members Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭
    Options

And NY aint been relevant in hip hop since the 80s, once NWA came out NY never had a impact on hip hop again, sorry

? are you out of your ? mind do you realize almost all of hip-hops top ceos come from nyc.

They ain't from the west coast either my man you have had a longer dry run than we ever had after tupac died you ? fell off the ? planet. We had puffy with his shiney suit era then we had the dmx/ ja rule/ 50 cent era all this was in the 2000's. You westside ? been off since the mid 90's. the old heads still hold nyc down,

lol, umm tyga?nipsey hussel? kendricc lamar? YG? these are all ? hotter than any new NY rapper, so stop it
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

LOL @ oldheads being depended on in a youth based genre. You got to give new blood a chance to shine. I came up on old school East coast music, but even I know that at some point, the old heads gotta back off a little. You want Hip Hop to look like the Spurs?

It don't work like that. The youth have to ? the old, the old heads have to be removed by force Nas replaced rakim and someone has to come along and replace nas.

? , many of those oldheads are gonna ? themselves. Most of the oldheads are a shadow of their former selves, material wise. ASAP Rocky is the product of 90s babies being raised by southern music.

Young or old south or east the skill level displayed on todays records has decreased. The old heads have adapted to the hordes of younger and wacker rappers just look at what has become of jay-z he sounds like he don't even try anymore. ASAP Rocky is unique among younger east cost rappers because in the deep underground on the east coast most ? do not rap like him. when i say underground i'm talking about the dudes sell cd's on 42 and 34th street.

you mean the dudes that will never blow up? Rap is a young man's game, and young folk are embracing skill again after the dark ages of the one-hit wonder era of 04-09. I have faith on the like of Cole, KRIT, and Kendrick to lead the next generation. You want the likes of Maino running the rap game?
  • zombie
    Options

lol, umm tyga?nipsey hussel? kendricc lamar? YG? these are all ? hotter than any new NY rapper, so stop it

tyga floped kendricc lamar has no major album out and ? nipsey hussel is not worth answering the buzz around asap semi-wack ass is bigger than his.
  • zay_24
    Options

tyga floped kendricc lamar has no major album out and ? nipsey hussel is not worth answering the buzz around asap semi-wack ass is bigger than his.

Are you denying that they are hotter and get more love than any new NY rapper?
    Racc City was a bigger hit than any NY song in recent memory, unless you coutin old ass jay z and kanye
  • juan travolta
    juan travolta Members Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • zombie
    Options

you mean the dudes that will never blow up? Rap is a young man's game, and young folk are embracing skill again after the dark ages of the one-hit wonder era of 04-09. I have faith on the like of Cole, KRIT, and Kendrick to lead the next generation. You want the likes of Maino running the rap game?

No i want the youth of greater skill to rise and not the wakka flocka's. Krit is nice kendrick is nice maino does not have there skill level he can't set any standard. the artist you have mentioned are so new that they have not proven themselves yet wew have to wait and see but for right now the dark ages have not vanished yet.
  • zombie
    edited April 2012
    Options

Racc City was a bigger hit than any NY song in recent memory, unless you coutin old ass jay z and kanye

One hit wonders get no love one song don't make you the man in my book he has to really produce hits for the radio and be up on his craft. Anything less is ? . tyga gets no love his song gets love there is a difference.
  • zay_24
    Options

One hit wonders get no love one song don't make you the man in my book he has to really produce hits for the radio and be up on his craft. Anything less is ? .

one hit wonder lol

So you still denying that new LA rappers aint hotter than new NY rappers?
  • zombie
    edited April 2012
    Options

One hit wonders get no love one song don't make you the man in my book he has to really produce hits for the radio and be up on his craft. Anything less is ? .

one hit wonder lol

So you still denying that new LA rappers aint hotter than new NY rappers?

you got one ? that's nice and his album is not out yet.
  • zay_24
    Options
    Fucc ? avoidin the question

How it feel to know that the ? in ur avi called cali home after bein raised in NY, das how wacc yo city is
  • juan travolta
    juan travolta Members Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i know for a fact southern rap is heavily influenced by the west coast rap scene, then it is the east.

• zombie
    Options
    Fucc ? avoidin the question

How it feel to know that the ? in ur avi called cali home after bein raised in NY, das how wacc yo city is

? . i answered the ? question. i told you all the new west cost ? are wack, tyga floped i think nipsey will too and your only hope is lamar but right now he has no major album out. what the ? you want me to spell it out.
  • zay_24
    Options
    who listens to new scoo new york rappers besides ? in the "rotten apple" dun?
  • zombie
    Options

nyc don't really say dun never really have and i can tell you more people listen to nyc or east cost sounding music than they do the west. Y'all ? fighting back from a 17 year drop off.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

"dun"... where have I heard that word before ? NY maybe ?
  • zay_24
    Options

nyc don't really say dun never really have and i can tell you more people listen to nyc or east cost sounding music than they do the west. Y'all ? fighting back from a 17 year drop off.
    Umm no

More people listen to Tyga, Kendric Lamar, Odd Future, Hopsin, Nipsey hussel, than maino and who else? lol see what i mean yall are irrevelant
  • zombie
    Options

Umm no

More people listen to Tyga, Kendric Lamar, Odd Future, Hopsin, Nipsey hussel, than maino and who else? lol see what i mean yall are irrevelant

The only person any one listen to on your list is tyga and that's just one song so you don't have a point the west has been wack for a very very very long time with only small glimmers of hope. tyga flop odd future are wack as ? and every body knows it.

Now if we are talking about regional sound despite an artist birth city, the west cost is in a coffin ? don't bang g-funk anymore anywhere ? . The east cost sound however is still alive not as popular as it once was but it's still around. You got jay electronica who is really a southern east cost artist, meek mills, elzhi and even lupe who sometimes makes east coast sounding music. so even if the city itself does not reign supreme it's sound is still alive can't say that about L.A
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So cali and the south taking pride in influencing white teenagers?
  • zay_24
    Options
    This ? talkin about artist who not even from NY to try to prove that New York is still hot, u lost.
  • harlem hustla
    harlem hustla Members Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I wear Gucci, I wear Bally at the same damn time
    But ? in NY was doin dat ? back in 1989

Alpo-ICEDOTCOM1-e1294954560676.jpg

followtheleader.jpg

Yall not ? wit us man, ? was stuntin too hard gucci & LV seats in the porsche, gucci tire covers for the jeep, and gucci bulletproof vests we started this Dboy ? .

Grills everybody had them ? rakim, slick rick, big daddy kane, ofcourse flavor flav, Big Pun, the whole wu tang them ? was the first ones rockin fangs. Eddie the one with the grill shop in atlanta, who started the trend down there is from NY.
  • zombie
    edited April 2012
    Options
    This ? talkin about artist who not even from NY to try to prove that New York is still hot, u lost.

? you obviously can't ? read. Nyc created a sound that's still alive LA has not that's a fact.? still copy our ? .
  • zay_24
    Options
    NY ? reppin grape street crip n hoovas n rollin 60s

LA ? aint reppin decepticons lmao
  • harlem hustla
    harlem hustla Members Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    even Jay Z had a grill

He bout 17 in this picture you do the math "men lie women lie numbers don't"

jgold.jpg
  • zombie
    Options
    NY ? reppin grape street crip n hoovas n rollin 60s

LA ? aint reppin decepticons lmao

? ? the gang ? it's all ? no matter the region. when it comes to hip-hop Nyc ? on LA all you have to be proud of is the stupid blood crip ? worry about the aztecs who got green lights on black folk and then maybe the black gangs over there would have something to be proud of. When it comes to hip-hop nyc influence is rock solid.