In about 50 years ? will be phased out.

Options

Comments

• Doctopian
    Doctopian Members Posts: 305 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Squall wrote: »
    Doctopian, I agree with Vibe much like how people don't believe in Thor, Zeus, and etc. Science will show these people the way. It sucks I won't be alive to see it.

The Olympian/Norse gods had far more concert definitions applied to them, which made them rather easy to refute after a certain point. Modern ? concepts tend to be far more nebulous/arbitrary, hence easier to fit into the gaps of our collective knowledge. Frankly, there are probably as many gods as there are theists. We may get to a point where religion is considered nonsensical, but I don't believe Theism will ever be wiped out completely (at least not as long as we live). I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

• Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not in my family with four preachers, two deacons, and three preacher's wives.

That's all family family. Not that "thru marriage" ? .

how old are they? are they from your generation?
  • SleepwalkingInJapan
    SleepwalkingInJapan Members Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    4 one yall aint answer da question....

2 u kno there are a very small amount of ? " non believers" ( im not talking bout christian ? only") its somthing atheist could hope 4 but it wont happen.... its funny cuz they dont like 2 mention dat religion is the origin of science... so honestly they supposta complement each other...
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    no... people will always be stupid enough to believe
  • Doctopian
    Options
    4 one yall aint answer da question....

No, I am not afraid to die. I'm not too keen on dying painfully, but death itself doesn't frighten me. What's your next question?
    2 u kno there are a very small amount of ? " non believers" ( im not talking bout christian ? only") its somthing atheist could hope 4 but it wont happen.... its funny cuz they dont like 2 mention dat religion is the origin of science... so honestly they supposta complement each other...

Firstly, philosophy is the origin of the sciences. Secondly, what does the origin have to do with its current state? The sciences are dynamic by nature, so I don't see the point of your statement. There in lies the conflict, science is dynamic and religion is static (well not really, but it likes to present itself as such).
  • Inglewood_B
    Options
    yall ? on da internet to much... ? gone believe in ? till the end of time... cuz life ends one day 4 all us and if u think "nothing happens" then life has no meaning... and do u think that if 2billion plus people find out that "nothing happens" total chaos won't happen?

just the opposite. nothing happens when it's over = life means everything

• Doctopian
    Options

just the opposite. nothing happens when it's over = life means everything

Right. Believing that you will be rewarded in the next life, trivializes this life. The Abrahamic Religions are pretty nihilistic when you think about it.

• damobb2deep
    Options
    ^^ this life would have no meaning and chaos would erupt if nothing happened after we die and we knew it... cuz by nature humans would act out 2 dat... nothing u do good or bad would matter... things like ? murder jail stealing looting all would not matter... and again this is 2 plus billion people finding this out... u ? on dat internet ? try and down play ? cuz it's yo opinion but dawg yall would be scared as ? if dat ? happened
  • Doctopian
    Options
    ^^ this life would have no meaning and chaos would erupt if nothing happened after we die and we knew it

We could go back an forth about this for pages, so let's agree to disagree on this point.
    cuz by nature humans would act out 2 dat... nothing u do good or bad would matter... things like ? murder jail stealing looting all would not matter... and again this is 2 plus billion people finding this out... u ? on dat internet ? try and down play ? cuz it's yo opinion but dawg yall would be scared as ? if dat ? happened

So you are admitting that Christians are unthinking animals who need to be held in check by an omnipotent tyrant? If you say so, fam, but even I'm not that misanthropic.

Alright, enough ? around, you can hit me with all the speculation you want, but compare the low crime rates in secular countries like Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Japan, and Germany to theocratic nations like Saudi Arabia, Iran, and Afghanistan and you will see that your argument has no merit. Face it, religion is decisive by its very nature (in group vs. out group).
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    ? there is more then one religion... when I say religion I ain't talkin bout jus Christians.. it seems like yall are more anti Christian then anti religious... and u and u would be dumb as ? if u think those countries dont have a large religion following..
  • Inglewood_B
    Options
    ^^ this life would have no meaning and chaos would erupt if nothing happened after we die and we knew it... cuz by nature humans would act out 2 dat... nothing u do good or bad would matter... things like ? murder jail stealing looting all would not matter... and again this is 2 plus billion people finding this out... u ? on dat internet ? try and down play ? cuz it's yo opinion but dawg yall would be scared as ? if dat ? happened

foh ? this ? dont make no sense...

just say if YOU knew there was nothing after this life that YOU would go out and act like a ? baboon.

• damobb2deep
    Options
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL @ an afterlife being the reason you keep yourself in check, foh
  • Bawse D.Lox
    Bawse D.Lox Members Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Gods/Goddesses or ? /Goddess will never phase out. Only the way we believe in them or it, changes thru the ages.
    never thought about it, but yea...too many ppl already are living young wild n free... YOLO... giving no ? so in 50 years when we're all old heads the youth wont be bible huggin at all

? plzz let a cataclysm occur, and watch how quick these ? "phase ? out"
    i remember when a miniature earth quake happened last year in NY, and every one turned religious in a split second.
    People have an inherent need to believe in something bigger than themselves so I don't think believing in ? will be phased out. Its a natural instinct but organized religion will differ.

I agree. People will always believe in a ? of some sort. I do hope religion dies out though.

as long as ppl believe in something, their will always be a "religion" behind that something.
  • Doctopian
    Options
    ? there is more then one religion...

You don't say...
    when I say religion I ain't talkin bout jus Christians..

the "2 billion+" part of your post led me to believe that you were referring to your religion specifically, hence the jab at it.
    it seems like yall are more anti Christian then anti religious... and u and u would be dumb as ? if u think those countries dont have a large religion following..

Miss me with the persecution complex. You ? whining about being bullied is like the white man complaining about "reverse racism".

The more serious part of my post was aimed at the ridiculous notion that religion and morality are mutually inclusive. The secular nations I listed aren't religious in any practical sense. In fact, they are all known for their nonreligious populations. Now are you going to keep talking out of your ass, or are you going to come at me with a proper rebuttal?

• Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    over_? wrote: »
    [quoteSleepwalkingInJapan
    7:40PM Posts: 752
    u know what i mean bruh...morals will be at a minimum]
    Again morals have nothing to do with ? .

egzIT.png

Do the research. Non religous countries Tend to have the least amount of crime.
    [/quote]

The funny thing is you posted Albert Einstein who he himself said that the world could not be possible without a higher power, a ?

Do the research
  • VIBE
    Options
    You won't get anything out of damobb2deep, he isn't a clever fellow and doesnt argue facts. He argues his own "logic", which is extremely weak.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? damn, why mind ? a ? with the life expectancy of 25?
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    lol @ yall... this ? funny as ? yall really think yall are smart cuz yall are tryna confuse me but not directly answering my questions... smh..
  • VIBE
    Options
    You have no questions, just stupid logic. "y'all don't wild out bcuz thurrz a heaven n hell", no actually I don't wild out because I'm logical, mature and would love to avoid jail. It has nothing to do with an afterlife. You are confused bruh, by your own posts...
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't wild out cause i'm black and live in florida.
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    @ SQUALL there is no argument in u dying physically.. the argument comes in the 2 questions "how we got here" and "what happens after we die"
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    @ vibe ? my "logic" is not weak.. u anti religious ? jus pat yoselfs on da back and c/s every "smart" half ass post on anti religion so yall get the feeling yall post have more meaning then they do..
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol cats ? me with that ? ...everything is logical this and logical that...yet the universe is illogical. Even Albert Einstein was able to come to that conclusion. And this whole evolve from monkey ? is ? . So the evolution process just stopped? We evolved to killing each other senselessly and relying on machines to perfect our evolution? lol...crazy man...it doesn't make sense.