edited June 2012
    Options
    coop9889 wrote: »

And these facts and logic are........?

Well, describe your ? in full detail

Let's assume I'm agnostic.

But disprove the traditional Christian ? .

Christians claim their ? is triple O.

Illogical statement.

? disproven

Stop trolling.

Just because you cannot fathom or understand an omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient being means 100% without doubt that one is impossible to exist?

Lol ok.

Not trolling at all. Just starting off simple.

1. Omnipotent

? is supposedly, according to Christians, all loving.
    The argument from evil stems from here
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion. wrote: »
    Man can't even prove there isn't a ? , I always tell people, if they don't believe then tell me where your sense of morality comes from, your dreams when you sleep, your feelings. Why do you know at very young ages the difference between right or wrong ? How do we know that pain is bad and pleasure good ? Why isn't it the other way around ? Why do you have feelings and why do feelings exist ? Why is it that we can close our eyes and have thoughts ? I think it's incredibly naive to believe that there isn't some kind of force or energy whether you call it ? or w/e that is of a higher power that is somehow related to the manifestation of human beings. Notice how with science when you bring up those questions that's the one thing it can never seem to answer.

Science is just theory, and theory is just something somebody came up with to best try and explain something, it's not final and it isn't always RIGHT. We're not even sure how to heal many of the world's diseases or even travel outside of Earth into space but all of a sudden science is this source to tell us that there is "no" ? or that we might have origins traced to water ? FOH I'm not buying it LOLOL. I think man has too much hubris.

Human morality comes from the fact that human beings are social beings. Without social background or community, there is no moral code.

Gravity is a theory as well. Science tests its theories. More than once.

Thats true with morality but what about dreams, feelings, thoughts ? I think there's more to those things that just social interactions. Why do our thoughts & dreams exist and why are they the way they are ?? Its never simple. I think when it comes to these matters people keep drawing on these black & white answers. The reality is it's never simple. The examples people are using is ? as defined by man/bible, but that like science is theory on what a ? might say. We have no idea what ? really is so to use man's interpretation leaves it open to flaws since people have different views on ? .

I'll explain later. I'm going out to eat

• coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

1. Omnipotent

Ok, omnipotent is all powerful. Meaning he is almighty.

How does that contradict him being all loving.
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Do you believe 1 man got 2 of every ? animal (that means wrestling with Anacondas and Bears) and built a giant ass boat for the animals actually exisisted? Do you believe a man lived a ? damn fish?
  • Doctopian
    Doctopian Members Posts: 305 ✭✭✭
    Options

“Is ? willing to prevent evil, but not able?
    Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing?
    Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing?
    Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him ? ?”
  • In Your Moms Room
    In Your Moms Room Members Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • lighthearted26
    lighthearted26 Members Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @jaded
    ? just answer the question
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damnkp wrote: »
    damnkp wrote: »
    hell is going to be packed with "smart" folks

Yeah if hell existed.

when you get there send me a postcard

show how much you know
    everyone knows hell has no postal service
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @black not all people but some... think about all the people who has done bad in the past but find religion later in life they change 4 the better...
  • coop9889
    Options

Do you believe 1 man got 2 of every ? animal (that means wrestling with Anacondas and Bears) and built a giant ass boat for the animals actually exisisted? Do you believe a man lived a ? damn fish?

Why ask that question if I just stated one should assume I was agnostic?

And further, regardless of my belief, the whole topic of discussion is proof.

If I did believe that happened, could you disprove it?
    If I didn't believe it, could you prove that it happened?

Doctopian wrote: »

“Is ? willing to prevent evil, but not able?
    Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing?
    Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing?
    Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him ? ?”

He is able and willing.

So then your question is where does evil come from?

In return, since answering questions with questions seems reasonable to you, I ask what is evil?
  • BlackxChild
    Options
    And the white girls that foubd Manson had religion change them for the worse actually it tends to make people worse. The funny thing is the people that said they found ? usually believed in him before hand so your point is virtually mute.
  • coop9889
    Options
    Squall wrote: »
    Oh, ok, you got that. I admit that but scientists are the ones who always correct their mistakes, tho. They never said it was a fact that the earth was flat.

Well we'll never know. Not like we were around back then when the claims were widespread. But I'm pretty sure they believed it was a fact.
  • BlackxChild
    Options
    Astronaut king why dont you ? yourself so you can visit ? and be happy in heaven for the rest of your life. Im telling you right now I dont believe in ? and their are places like Japan where the citizens dont believe in ? No ones just going to ? themselves.

Why cant I ask who created ? if you say nothing appears out of thin air. Im tellung you right now regardless of what you say something has to come from nothing.

Now answer these questions

1. Do you believe a man wrestled with Bears and put 2 of every animal in the whole ? world on a boat he built all by himself?

2. Do you believe a man lived inside a fish?
  • coop9889
    Options
    Oh, ok, you got that. I admit that but scientists are the ones who always correct their mistakes, tho. They never said it was a fact that the earth was flat.

Well we'll never know. Not like we were around back then when the claims were widespread. But I'm pretty sure they believed it was a fact.

Real talk, you know what happened? I was watching this top ten creationist arguments and I ran with what th creationist stated, the Scientist used what you said. Damn, I made a fatal error.

But the theory of evolution, theory of relativity, germ theory, plate theory, Cell theory, Big Bang Theory and amongs many more. Science have been the best accurate choice as of now. Just because they can be wrong doesn't mean a ? did it, can you agree with that?

Yeah.

If you're agnostic then what do you believe in? I'm not asking what you know and I want to your stance. Agnostic term is pretty useless by itself.

I was raised to be a Christian.

However, I believe that through the hundreds of languages the Bible has gone through, a good portion of it has been lost in translation. Therefore I don't think it should be taken literally by those that believe in it. I also DONT believe in the majority of churches, which I tend to think are more schemes to take people's money by playing to their faith. Ignorant fools that run mega-churches like Creflo Dollar and Eddie Long are prime examples of this.

I believe the existence of ? (or a ? ) isn't able to be proven or disproven, hence the agnosticism. However, I do believe that there is a higher power out there. I don't know what kind of higher power. I don't know if it's a ? similar to what Christians believe in, or multiple gods like the Greeks believed in or what. I just don't believe that with as vast as our solar system, galaxy, and universe is, that us primitive humans are the highest form of intelligence. And I believe that technology and intelligence can improve to the point where you can achieve some level of omnipresence, omniscience, and omnipotence (therefore making you similar to a ? ). I'm not going to pretend like I know how that can be possible, or pretend like I even understand it. But... if humans can go from cavemen to astronauts in a million years, I can only imagine what a more intelligent species can do in 100 billion years. And that's only assuming the universe is 100 billion years young.

I do believe in spiritual things, and I think dreams are involved somehow. I've had way too many extremely vivid dreams of things I wouldn't even be able to explain to you right now, to believe that dreams just come from our 'imagination'. Once again, I'm not going to pretend like I know, and I'm quite comfortable in saying I don't know. Why? Because I believe the answers to all of these questions will be revealed when you die, in some way, shape or form. And if not, and it's really nothingness when we die, then the answers won't matter.
  • Bodhi
    edited June 2012
    Options

1. Omnipotent

Sorry, I jumped ahead. The point is omnipotent + all loving = the problem of evil
    "All loving" is another Christian description of ?
  • Bodhi
    Options
    @jaded
    ? just answer the question

we would suppose someone placed them there that way, but only because we know what rocks do and of the natural laws surrounding them. If rocks were found that way all of the time, we would suppose they appeared naturally that way
  • Bodhi
    edited June 2012
    Options
    ? outta here. Who created the creator? That is a question somebody would ask. You make ? seem simple. Sky Daddy. Lmao. If there were no ? and people knew this there wouldn't be a lot if people. People would ? for sport. Immoral would minuscule compared to the debauchery and ? that would go on if a man new that ? and killing would go unpunished. Because ? it, you die anyway right? Why go to jail for 10 yrs, when you can die? It's because you don't know. If you were certain of this and people are so flawed you would off yourself after you saw some foul ? . You would remove yourself from existence. Now your gonna say I only have one life to live live it to the fullest...for ? what? You die. You don't remember it. Why waste time just get to the point of not being alive. If you truly in your heart do not believe in ? ? yourself right now. Nothing will happen to you because you don't believe.

blah blah blah

If ? has no beginning and/or end, why can't energy? answer that
  • coop9889
    Options

1. Omnipotent

Sorry, I jumped ahead. The point is omnipotent + all loving = the problem of evil

I'm still trying to understand where you're coming from.

Are you saying if ? is omnipotent and all loving, then why is there evil?
  • Doctopian
    Options
    An Agnostic Theist? I don't run into you guys too often.

He is able and willing.

So then your question is where does evil come from?

In return, since answering questions with questions seems reasonable to you, I ask what is evil?

Before we begin, which ? are we discussing about? I'm assuming that it's some version of Yahweh, but I want to make sure that we're on the same page.
  • Bodhi
    edited June 2012
    Options

Thats true with morality but what about dreams, feelings, thoughts ?

these are all results of consciousness. Dreams = the mind attempting to make sense of images and thoughts while asleep. Consciousness is much like a fire; a chemical reaction.

• Doctopian
    Options
    Blah blah blah is how we answer the question. Of course. Lmao if everything you do from the time you are born will be moot why the ? do it? You can't take all the money you made, the love you have or the memories...so what us the point in living? Please answer this someone....

Objectively speaking, there isn't one.

• Bodhi
    edited June 2012
    Options
    ? outta here. Who created the creator? That is a question somebody would ask. You make ? seem simple. Sky Daddy. Lmao. If there were no ? and people knew this there wouldn't be a lot if people. People would ? for sport. Immoral would minuscule compared to the debauchery and ? that would go on if a man new that ? and killing would go unpunished. Because ? it, you die anyway right? Why go to jail for 10 yrs, when you can die? It's because you don't know. If you were certain of this and people are so flawed you would off yourself after you saw some foul ? . You would remove yourself from existence. Now your gonna say I only have one life to live live it to the fullest...for ? what? You die. You don't remember it. Why waste time just get to the point of not being alive. If you truly in your heart do not believe in ? ? yourself right now. Nothing will happen to you because you don't believe.

I edited

• Bodhi
    Options

1. Omnipotent

I'm still trying to understand where you're coming from.

Are you saying if ? is omnipotent and all loving, then why is there evil?

yes
  • coop9889
    Options

Real talk, you know what happened? I was watching this top ten creationist arguments and I ran with what th creationist stated, the Scientist used what you said. Damn, I made a fatal error.

But the theory of evolution, theory of relativity, germ theory, plate theory, Cell theory, Big Bang Theory and amongs many more. Science have been the best accurate choice as of now. Just because they can be wrong doesn't mean a ? did it, can you agree with that?

Yeah.

If you're agnostic then what do you believe in? I'm not asking what you know and I want to your stance. Agnostic term is pretty useless by itself.

I was raised to be a Christian.

However, I believe that through the hundreds of languages the Bible has gone through, a good portion of it has been lost in translation. Therefore I don't think it should be taken literally by those that believe in it. I also DONT believe in the majority of churches, which I tend to think are more schemes to take people's money by playing to their faith. Ignorant fools that run mega-churches like Creflo Dollar and Eddie Long are prime examples of this.

I believe the existence of ? (or a ? ) isn't able to be proven or disproven, hence the agnosticism. However, I do believe that there is a higher power out there. I don't know what kind of higher power. I don't know if it's a ? similar to what Christians believe in, or multiple gods like the Greeks believed in or what. I just don't believe that with as vast as our solar system, galaxy, and universe is, that us primitive humans are the highest form of intelligence. And I believe that technology and intelligence can improve to the point where you can achieve some level of omnipresence, omniscience, and omnipotence (therefore making you similar to a ? ). I'm not going to pretend like I know how that can be possible, or pretend like I even understand it. But... if humans can go from cavemen to astronauts in a million years, I can only imagine what a more intelligent species can do in 100 billion years. And that's only assuming the universe is 100 billion years young.

I do believe in spiritual things, and I think dreams are involved somehow. I've had way too many extremely vivid dreams of things I wouldn't even be able to explain to you right now, to believe that dreams just come from our 'imagination'. Once again, I'm not going to pretend like I know, and I'm quite comfortable in saying I don't know. Why? Because I believe the answers to all of these questions will be revealed when you die, in some way, shape or form. And if not, and it's really nothingness when we die, then the answers won't matter.

Then you're still a theist, so therefore, you're an agnostic theist. You don't know if there's a ? out because it hasn't been dis-proven but you belief in a higher being. Hench, why I called you that. I was like that for a while, tho. Then I just analyze the situation thru out history and read up on atheism and seen debates and made my decision and I'm still trying to learn. I don't know everything as you can see you prove me wrong on 'Carbon-dating' but I'll try and not believe stuff without evidence. I'm not arrogant or cocky and definitely not smart as hell. I just think an omni-potent ? , intelligent designer and so forth is not possible consider how the universe and everything is.

Right, I'm an agnostic theist. And yes, everyone has a right to their own opinion.
  • Bodhi
    Options
    Blah blah blah is how we answer the question. Of course. Lmao if everything you do from the time you are born will be moot why the ? do it? You can't take all the money you made, the love you have or the memories...so what us the point in living? Please answer this someone....

life is what you make of it.