In about 50 years ? will be phased out.

Options

Comments

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I noticed that of all the prayers I used to offer to ? , and all the prayers that I now offer to Joe Pesci, are being answer at about the same 50% rate. Half the time I get what I want. Half the time I don't. Same as ? 50/50. Same as the four leaf clover, the horse shoe, the rabbit's foot, and the wishing well. Same as the mojo man. Same as the voodoo lady who tells your fortune by squeezing the goat's testicles. It's all the same; 50/50. So just pick your superstitions, sit back, make a wish and enjoy yourself. And for those of you that look to the Bible for it's literary qualities and moral lessons; I got a couple other stories I might like to recommend for you. You might enjoy The Three Little Pigs. That's a good one. It has a nice happy ending. Then there's Little Red Riding Hood. Although it does have that one ? part where the Big-Bad-Wolf actually eats the grandmother. Which I didn't care for, by the way. And finally, I've always drawn a great deal of moral comfort from Humpty Dumpty. The part I liked best: ...and all the king's horses, and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty together again. That's because there is no Humpty Dumpty, and there is no ? . None. Not one. Never was. No ? . [George Carlin, from "You Are All Diseased".]
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »
    over_? wrote: »
    [quoteSleepwalkingInJapan
    7:40PM Posts: 752
    u know what i mean bruh...morals will be at a minimum]
    Again morals have nothing to do with ? .

egzIT.png

Do the research. Non religous countries Tend to have the least amount of crime.

The funny thing is you posted Albert Einstein who he himself said that the world could not be possible without a higher power, a ?

Do the research[/quote]

you need to do your own research on what "? " einstein believed in
  • SleepwalkingInJapan
    SleepwalkingInJapan Members Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    Some George Carlin and logic for you:

Trillions and trillions of prayers every day asking and begging and pleading for favors. 'Do this' 'Gimme that' 'I want a new car' 'I want a better job'. And most of this praying takes place on Sunday. And I say fine, pray for anything you want. Pray for anything. But...what about the divine plan? Remember that? The divine plan. Long time ago ? made a divine plan. Gave it a lot of thought. Decided it was a good plan. Put it into practice. And for billion and billions of years the divine plan has been doing just fine. Now you come along and pray for something. Well, suppose the thing you want isn't in ? 's divine plan. What do you want him to do? Change his plan? Just for you? Doesn't it seem a little arrogant? It's a divine plan. What's the use of being ? if every run-down schmuck with a two dollar prayer book can come along and ? up your plan? And here's something else, another problem you might have; suppose your prayers aren't answered. What do you say? 'Well it's ? 's will. ? 's will be done.' Fine, but if it gods will and he's going to do whatever he wants to anyway; why the ? bother praying in the first place? Seems like a big waste of time to me. Couldn't you just skip the praying part and get right to his will? [George Carlin, from "You Are All Diseased".]

I want you to know, when it comes to believing in ? - I really tried. I really really tried. I tried to believe that there is a ? who created each one of us in his own image and likeness, loves us very much and keeps a close eye on things. I really tried to believe that, but I gotta tell you, the longer you live, the more you look around, the more you realize...something is ? -UP. Something is WRONG here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is NOT good work. If this is the best ? can do, I am NOT impressed. Results like these do not belong on the resume of a supreme being. This is the kind of ? you'd expect from an office temp with a bad attitude. And just between you and me, in any decently run universe, this guy would have been out on his all-powerful-ass a long time ago. [George Carlin, from "You Are All Diseased".]

love the bold
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Squall wrote: »
    I personally believe because I don't believe that we are here by chance. Infinite amounts of space and time and here we are.

And because you cannot come up with a better answer than to say that the invisible sky daddy did it. Tell me this, if ? was real why didn't he make the planets just like earth or better? Sounds like a stupid ? to me.
    lol 4 a bunch of " smart ? " yall sho stupid... ? mabe da ? aint want 2..
    Its funny how you say the world would be in chaos without ? yet the people in your sig where living in chaos believeing in ? .

its funny cuz da fact that they kno what they doin is wrong... they will jus deal with the consequences when they die... but on the other hand let ? " not exist" that will make it that much easyer 2 ? , ? , steal ect... lots of people dont give a ? bout life as is so...

also if there is no ? the whole " whats right whats wrong" line will still exist but not matter... so ? will again start chaos jus cuz...

me personally i would jus wake up one day and shoot a few ? " jus cuz i felt like it dat day" go steal some food cuz i was hungry and rob a store cuz i dont feel like spending money... and if i die dat day " oh well" *kanye shrug*

so imagin millions of people doin jus that that wont be chaos?

Most people that ? , steal, ? , start warsetc are religous.

ok... so take that same person and prove 2 them there is no ? do u think that person will be better or worse...
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    coop9889 wrote: »

"If scientists knew it was a lie they would say it was"

Proving my point. YOU don't really know the intricate details of radiocarbon dating. If YOU did you'd know that carbon dating isn't what's used to determine the age of the Earth. You just go along with it because you think some guys smarter than you said that's how you measure it. Or it's because you read it in a book in science class. You rely on "scientists" and take them for their word.

People estimate the age of the Earth is anywhere from 4.5-6 billion years old because thats the age of the oldest minerals/rocks found SO FAR. All it takes is to find some older material to disprove that. But the bottom line is ? DONT KNOW.

All 'scientists' used to believe the world was flat.
    All 'scientists' used to believe in geocentrism.

Science isn't absolute. And when Sion said

"Science is just theory, and theory is just something somebody came up with to best try and explain something, it's not final and it isn't always RIGHT."

He's absolutely correct. Not ignorant.

Same thing I can say with Historian, too. So, ok. Carbon dating isn't a theory, so you make no sense, bruh. So, next the fossil records are false, too? Them believing the Earth was flat and geocentrism has no relevance. This is pure fact that Earth is 4.5 Billion years ago.

here http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/dalrymple/scientific_age_earth.html

No, I said carbon dating isnt the method used to determine the age of the Earth. In which I'm correct. Carbon dating can't determine the age of anything thats a billion or more years old. The "scientists" that you speak of use Radiometric dating, not carbon dating specifically.

And this is why I say you dont know ? , you just go off of what you heard, read, saw or were told by "scientists" and just believe it. When the truth is you don't know for sure if what they are saying is correct because you don't know ? about it.

And my statement about scientists believing the earth was flat and the theory of geocentrism WAS relevant. My whole point in this discussion is saying that science isn't absolute and it can be wrong. And there was once a time in which "scientists" believed those two theories. And back then, ignorant ? like you would run around claiming geocentrism and the earth was flat BECAUSE "scientists" said it was. That's my point.

• Bodhi
    Options
    My ? @Chemix giving you bums the business. Lmao. Let's talk logic. Is it more logical for everything we know to have come from nothing? Cold, heat, warm, neutral, orgasms, ps3, dogs, cats, fish, jadakiss, nas, love, hate, admiration etc. Essentially everything that we as humans know came from absolutely nothing. Is it logical to say everything came from nothing? ? the word nothing didn't come to existence till we created and gave definition to it. Yet some claim that the most perfect creation evolved to that point? Ok. Let's look at human history. Since we could write record and tell stories what has evolve in humans. Don't say the mind because I can teach a dog to count to ten in 2 months. The difference between past humans and present humans is the abundance of knowledge that we have acquired not what our brains evolved to know. Technology has evolved...because of us. My psone didn't evolve to a ps3 on its own. We areevolving technology that makes humans obsolete and expendable. How is that evolution? We create machines to save our lives but have not evolved to the point where we don't need those machines. We learn in college yet we create machines that surpass us intellectually...for what? If this is evolution the ? is ASS BACKWARDS!!!!! Evolution is supposed to further a species for survival. Humans make ? that can destroy us and keep it in a freezer. What evolutionary reasoning can that have? I believe in the supreme being, the almighty, the creator, ? . Mainly because its more logical than the ? some people can come up with.

The "nothing" that scientists speak of is not actually NOTHING AT ALL. Matter is vibrating energy. The nothing that scientists talk about is quantum foam. Read about quantum physics so you wont have to write a whole bunch of ? that says nothing.

"Quantum foam (also referred to as spacetime foam), is a concept in quantum mechanics devised by John Wheeler in 1955. The foam is supposed to be conceptualized as the foundation of the fabric of the universe.

Additionally, quantum foam can be used as a qualitative description of subatomic spacetime turbulence at extremely small distances (on the order of the Planck length). At such small scales of time and space, the Heisenberg uncertainty principle allows energy to briefly decay into particles and antiparticles and then annihilate without violating physical conservation laws. As the scale of time and space being discussed shrinks, the energy of the virtual particles increases. According to Einstein's theory of general relativity, energy curves spacetime. This suggests that - at sufficiently small scales - the energy of these fluctuations would be large enough to cause significant departures from the smooth spacetime seen at larger scales, giving spacetime a "foamy" character.
    "
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I personally believe because I don't believe that we are here by chance. Infinite amounts of space and time and here we are.

And because you cannot come up with a better answer than to say that the invisible sky daddy did it. Tell me this, if ? was real why didn't he make the planets just like earth or better? Sounds like a stupid ? to me.

Yea, I really do. I never claim to be the 'smart'. I just observe and critically think and search for the truth unlike you ? who want to use false dichotomy and argument from ignorance and any other logical fallacies to discredit science.

the same way u try and discredit there aint a ? ?

but anyway again imo science and religion is supposta go hand in hand because the more we find out the more cant be explained...

like i said before science came from religion... it funny that somthing so "smart" cant answer simple questions.. it has helped us i admit but people want it 2 be a " religion vs. science" thing when it aint got 2.... cuz in the real world religion is gonna win every time

Let me ask you something do you believe in Santa Claus? and if you don't why?

Because the whole world are brainwashed since bronze age and it's been passed down from generation to generation. Science is the search for the truth. You guys cannot demonstrate or have the proof that ? exists. So, now, why believe stuff without evidence?

smh why u still tryna discredit religion?

this is the bottom line.... its 2 answers 2 da same question... u cant battle my opinion with an opinion that has the same flaws... u cant prove ? dont exist jus like i cant prove he do.. so the same thing u asked me i can ask u...
  • Bodhi
    edited June 2012
    Options
    How? You argue there is no ? , no devine force but you can't explain the ass backwards way that humans are supposed to evolve. Ok. Say we did come from apes, then we evolved into smarter apes that hunted and relied on a society, then we evolved into humans that came up with different forms of ? that separates us from each other turning our back on society as a whole and putting ourselves and our beliefs ahead of others who don't believe causing a rift. Now this rift does not further only the strong survives evolution map. Then we create technology that makes us obsolete and could quite possibly ? us one day. Evolution at its finest. Now if I am wrong please tell me what the next evolutionary stage is for humans...

First off, apes and humans evolved from a common ancestor
    Secondly, although everything else you said is generally true, how are we to predict the future?
  • Bodhi
    Options
    Sion. wrote: »
    Man can't even prove there isn't a ? , I always tell people, if they don't believe then tell me where your sense of morality comes from, your dreams when you sleep, your feelings. Why do you know at very young ages the difference between right or wrong ? How do we know that pain is bad and pleasure good ? Why isn't it the other way around ? Why do you have feelings and why do feelings exist ? Why is it that we can close our eyes and have thoughts ? I think it's incredibly naive to believe that there isn't some kind of force or energy whether you call it ? or w/e that is of a higher power that is somehow related to the manifestation of human beings. Notice how with science when you bring up those questions that's the one thing it can never seem to answer.

Science is just theory, and theory is just something somebody came up with to best try and explain something, it's not final and it isn't always RIGHT. We're not even sure how to heal many of the world's diseases or even travel outside of Earth into space but all of a sudden science is this source to tell us that there is "no" ? or that we might have origins traced to water ? FOH I'm not buying it LOLOL. I think man has too much hubris.

Human morality comes from the fact that human beings are social beings. Without social background or community, there is no moral code.

Gravity is a theory as well. Science tests its theories. More than once.
  • damnkp
    damnkp Members Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    hell is going to be packed with "smart" folks
  • Bodhi
    edited June 2012
    Options

All 'scientists' used to believe in geocentrism..

These things were believed to be possible but they weren't proven to be true and when they were disproven, scientists moved away from the thought of such ideas. There are ideas and there are facts. All we need is fact and logic to disprove the Bible ?

• BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Its funny how you say the world would be in chaos without ? yet the people in your sig where living in chaos believeing in ? .

its funny cuz da fact that they kno what they doin is wrong... they will jus deal with the consequences when they die... but on the other hand let ? " not exist" that will make it that much easyer 2 ? , ? , steal ect... lots of people dont give a ? bout life as is so...

also if there is no ? the whole " whats right whats wrong" line will still exist but not matter... so ? will again start chaos jus cuz...

me personally i would jus wake up one day and shoot a few ? " jus cuz i felt like it dat day" go steal some food cuz i was hungry and rob a store cuz i dont feel like spending money... and if i die dat day " oh well" *kanye shrug*

so imagin millions of people doin jus that that wont be chaos?

Most people that ? , steal, ? , start warsetc are religous.

ok... so take that same person and prove 2 them there is no ? do u think that person will be better or worse...

The point to my argument is that Religion doesn't make you better or worse. Thats what we were arguing in the first place ? .
  • coop9889
    Options

All 'scientists' used to believe in geocentrism..

These things were believed but they weren't proven to be true and when they were disproven, scientists moved away from the thought of such ideas. There are ideas and there are facts. All we need is fact and logic to disprove the Bible ?

And these facts and logic are........?
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »
    over_? wrote: »
    [quoteSleepwalkingInJapan
    7:40PM Posts: 752
    u know what i mean bruh...morals will be at a minimum]
    Again morals have nothing to do with ? .

egzIT.png

Do the research. Non religous countries Tend to have the least amount of crime.

Abraham-Lincoln-Internet-Quote.jpg
  • Bodhi
    Options
    damnkp wrote: »

Yeah if hell existed.
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yea, I really do. I never claim to be the 'smart'. I just observe and critically think and search for the truth unlike you ? who want to use false dichotomy and argument from ignorance and any other logical fallacies to discredit science.

the same way u try and discredit there aint a ? ?

but anyway again imo science and religion is supposta go hand in hand because the more we find out the more cant be explained...

like i said before science came from religion... it funny that somthing so "smart" cant answer simple questions.. it has helped us i admit but people want it 2 be a " religion vs. science" thing when it aint got 2.... cuz in the real world religion is gonna win every time

Let me ask you something do you believe in Santa Claus? and if you don't why?

Because the whole world are brainwashed since bronze age and it's been passed down from generation to generation. Science is the search for the truth. You guys cannot demonstrate or have the proof that ? exists. So, now, why believe stuff without evidence?

smh why u still tryna discredit religion?

this is the bottom line.... its 2 answers 2 da same question... u cant battle my opinion with an opinion that has the same flaws... u cant prove ? dont exist jus like i cant prove he do.. so the same thing u asked me i can ask u...

? hates you and that he's an armadillo, he told me yesterday . I bet you can't prove it but if your ? has a brain you'd think that ? isn't true just like I think a man living in a fish in the bible is dumb as hell.
  • Bodhi
    Options

Well, describe your ? in full detail

• damnkp
    damnkp Members Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yeah if hell existed.

when you get there send me a postcard
  • lighthearted26
    lighthearted26 Members Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you walked in the forest and saw a row of rocks lined up in the shape of someone's name would you assume it happened naturally or that someone was out there and put the rocks like that on purpose?
  • coop9889
    Options

Let's assume I'm agnostic.

But disprove the traditional Christian ? .
  • Bodhi
    Options

Yeah if hell existed.

when you get there send me a postcard

sure.

• Bodhi
    Options
    If you walked in the forest and saw a row of rocks lined up in the shape of someone's name would you assume it happened naturally or that someone was out there and put the rocks like that on purpose?

Better yet, if you walked in the forest and saw a bunch of rocks scattered randomly, would you assume it happened naturally or that someone was out there placing these rocks on the ground randomly?

• Bodhi
    edited June 2012
    Options

Christians claim their ? is triple O.

Illogical statement.

? disproven
  • coop9889
    Options

Christians claim their ? is triple O.

Illogical statement.

? disproven

Stop trolling.

Just because you cannot fathom or understand an omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient being means 100% without doubt that one is impossible to exist?

Lol ok.
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Religion perhaps but the belief in a higher power will never cease.