Samsung Galaxy S3...Knockin em out da box!

Options

Comments

• Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hey yo, wheres the radio tuner on the S3??
  • Dr.Chemix
    Options
    For cats who don't know, you're S3 has to be running the Jelly Bean. Google Search aka Google Now doesn't work on the S3 out the box unless you're upgraded to the jelly bean
  • jpeezygoinham
    jpeezygoinham Members Posts: 5
    Options
    When is that Samsung S4 droppin??
  • Dr.Chemix
    Options
    I believe it will probably be around june/july. Usually all new phones drop around that time.
  • Dr.Chemix
    Options
    Nope @Cain1 doesn't run on the Ice Cream Sandwich (which as you know, but for others who don't, unrooted = no go)
  • sapo614
    sapo614 Members Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »
    The white joint is the best color IMO. What yall ? rocking in color? Tho I did want that red, I think I'm the only ? on tmobile in this thread. Yea, weak sauce but definitely doable.

And I just realized today, I'm bullshitting. Just placed an order for that 64gb sd card. If you don't have an high memory sd card, please trust that you need to get one.

Grab yourself a case too. Screen protector. Do that ? proper. ? if I'm jogging across the street to the coffee cafe, I got my hand on the hip holding the holster. ? that, that's a damn near 600 dollar phone I'm not trying to lose early. I learned my lesson with the HTC G2. It only takes once

I got the white one too and I'm with you on t-mobile. I got mine for $100 after the $100 rebate for that promotion they were just running.
  • sapo614
    Options
    MrSoutCity wrote: »
    How y'll like that svoice? That ? is wack as ? . @cain1 how that jellybean rom going..

I only use it in the car and I had to set up the settings to remove it from the home screen cause it was buggy and the ? would start talking randomly on the middle of the night like I was saying my phrase while I was sleep.
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WTF IS ROOTED? IS THAT LIKE JAIL BREAKING AN IPOD?
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Finally got mine and this ? is ill as ?
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im so sad im stuck with an ip5. i be messing with my boy and my classmates s3..? is night and day. i ? up
  • Dr.Chemix
    edited November 2012
    Options
    WTF IS ROOTED? IS THAT LIKE JAIL BREAKING AN IPOD?

@DROSODAMFUNNY "Root" mainly means that you get access to the phone's system itself. You can alter and configure the phone to your liking. When you have a rooted phone, you can do things that your service provider has restricted you from. Things such as deleting all those apps that comes pre loaded onto the phone from your service provider, which is called bloatware. For instance, most SPs (service providers) restrict your phone from sharing your data plan wirelessly, aka having a hot spot. With root access you can now grant that to your phone without extra cost. Of course, you have to watch what you do because your SP can question (not hardly tho) why you all of sudden have major traffic on your data plan. You can download, what is called, custom ROMS to configure the phone for your own personal signature; tailored made to your taste. You can also overclock your phone's processor as well, allowing your phone to run at maximum percentage than before being rooted. It's complete control over how your phone runs.

One major plus is that you get Jelly Bean. For instance, I'm with Tmo. They have yet to roll out the update of Android OS from 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich to the Jelly Bean. With the root access, you can now download the Jelly Bean update, bypassing the wait time for the red tape with your SP, and have Jelly Bean running on your android. It's interesting to note that Jelly Bean has been out for sometime...its just SPs be bullshitting about getting it out to customers in a timely matter.

You essentially skip the middle man with rooting.

I think @Cain1 got some vids on this thread you should check out...

• Dr.Chemix
    Options
    Yo @Cain1 I'm bout ready to get this bad boy rooted. Now I'm peeping the Odin toolkit (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1746682) and according what I'm seeing from the video, I don't have to do any sort of backups of my file. Is that true? Did you use Odin for the root access?
  • Dr.Chemix
    Options
    Its all good bruh. Appreciate your response
  • Dr.Chemix
    Options
    Why smoking weed should be avoided. ? got distracted bumping gums on the phone...I'm about to
  • Dr.Chemix
    Options
    Yo @Cain1 that was by far the most simplest root procedure ever. It was just a matter of following the instructions and listening to the video for reference.

Got the SG3 rooted. (yea dawg, holla at a playa nah mean!)

What's nice about this toolkit that comes with the link...

(http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1746682)

is that you can always flash back to the stock ROM just in case you need to bring your phone into your SP to avoid the void warranty clause.

Now its onto custom ROMS and of course...

JELLY BEAN MAPHUKAS!!!!!
  • Dr.Chemix
    Options
    I felt I should add this to the thread for whomever is considering rooting their their GS3. When using the above toolkit from the link, I've found that I didn't need to reboot the phone manually (holding the down button on the volume rocker, plus home key and power key simultaneously).

I repeat, that is only for if you use the toolkit from the above link. I see other root processes requires you to do so but I didn't have to with this process. The only thing I did with my phone was unplug the USB cable from my comp when I was prompted to by the instructions.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @DNB1 you might want to get at one of these deals.

Best Buy has the S3 for 100 and you get 100 gift card in the store. But i think i heard them say Sprint users only so not sure

And Sam's Club will be selling the S3 for .96 cents. i repeat .96 cents on Black Friday. But you know how that ? gonna go i'm not built for that lining up overnight ? .

• Mantequilla
    Mantequilla Members Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Great thread

My cousin picked up his S3 in May, needless to say the phone is an absolute beast and everyone else in my family practically followed suit and copped. I had never used any android device prior, surreal the level of customization possible when rooted. I still haven't put any custom rooms on my girls phone yet since JB is pretty good stock, but might have to for photo sphere alone..

For half the price of an iPhone 5 + delivering similar performance months earlier, phone is GOAT. Quad core responds quick as hell
  • ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have samsung galaxy proclaim? How do i root?
  • MARIO_DRO
    Options
    IM SOOO GLAD ANDRIOS IS SHYTIN ON APPLE..
    BRINGIN OUT THE SAME DAM PRODUCT AND JUST CHANGIN THE NUMBER
  • sapo614
    Options
  • MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Great thread

My cousin picked up his S3 in May, needless to say the phone is an absolute beast and everyone else in my family practically followed suit and copped. I had never used any android device prior, surreal the level of customization possible when rooted. I still haven't put any custom rooms on my girls phone yet since JB is pretty good stock, but might have to for photo sphere alone..

For half the price of an iPhone 5 + delivering similar performance months earlier, phone is GOAT. Quad core responds quick as hell

Some ? where.
  • ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cain1 wrote: »
    ATTS wrote: »
    I have samsung galaxy proclaim? How do i root?

@ATTS here you go fam this should help you out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smalZi-ScHc

@cain1 thanks
  • sapo614
    Options
    I think Google now is killing my battery life.
  • MARIO_DRO
    Options
    FINALLY GOT MY GALAXY NOTE 2..STILL PLAYIN AROUND WITH IT

QUESTION.. THIS DOESNT HAVE AN "APP KILLER" ON IT... DO I NEED ONE? IF SO, WHATS THE BEST ONE 2 DL?