Samsung Galaxy S3...Knockin em out da box!

Options

Comments

• Piffawana
    Piffawana Members Posts: 197 ✭✭
    Options
    Cain1 wrote: »
    @drosodamnfunny it comes installed just hold down home key should pull uo the apps running. Just swipe the apps that running and it will ? the apps

That wont ? all apps.

Try Advanced Task Killer

• Mantequilla
    Mantequilla Members Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cop advanced task killer pro.

Just put Ultimarom on my girls S3, definitely recommend it
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @drosodamnfunny it comes installed just hold down home key should pull uo the apps running. Just swipe the apps that running and it will ? the apps

GOOD LOOKIN OUT...

I AINT EVEN READ BOOK THAT CAME WIT IT YET, I JUST BEEN TRYING TO FIGURE STUFF OUT ON MY OWN
  • SocialAssassinRati
    SocialAssassinRati Members Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    just copped the S3 last night from Radio Shack for damn near Free.99...they had some $99 promo going on I traded in my old Iphone 3 and got like 70 bucks for it plus a $10 off coupon...AND they gave me $50 bucks for google play
  • sapo614
    sapo614 Members Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP12 wrote: »
    sapo614 wrote: »
    I think Google now is killing my battery life.

fam...before you go to bed tonight (nh), take your battery out for about 30 secs...let it charge overnight, and you should see increased and improved battery life...i find that when i flash new roms, you HAVE to remove the battery for the battery stats to reset so it can give a proper cycle of battery usage..

Good lookin out, I'll give it a shot tonight
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yea i'm let that rooting ? ride i can see i'm just gonna blow my ? up my s3 has been delivered ordered it off sprint for 60
  • s-dot
    s-dot Members Posts: 164 ✭✭
    Options
    just copped the S3 last night from Radio Shack for damn near Free.99...they had some $99 promo going on I traded in my old Iphone 3 and got like 70 bucks for it plus a $10 off coupon...AND they gave me $50 bucks for google play

That's crazy how you got it for 0.99!

I cannot wait til i'm eligible for an upgrade. Still 5 months away.

• Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    yea i'm let that rooting ? ride i can see i'm just gonna blow my ? up my s3 has been delivered ordered it off sprint for 60

Bruh its not even like that. Its too easy for the S3. Watch the vid and it will tell you. All u do is download the rooting file, install on PC, take away the S3 drivers-everything else is in the rooting file. Run it and select your appropriate carrier. Then u select the full root with clockwork recovery. You dont even need to take it to the debug menu like others have you, the rooting file u downloaded does it for you. Its real easy bruh

• lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »
    lamontbdc wrote: »

Bruh its not even like that. Its too easy for the S3. Watch the vid and it will tell you. All u do is download the rooting file, install on PC, take away the S3 drivers-everything else is in the rooting file. Run it and select your appropriate carrier. Then u select the full root with clockwork recovery. You dont even need to take it to the debug menu like others have you, the rooting file u downloaded does it for you. Its real easy bruh

i'm gonna peep the video later on and see just how easy it is. if it is that easy ill go for it.

this phone is official and i been too busy to really get my apps and things set up on the screens how i want to.

Samsung got me back.
  • Dr.Chemix
    Options
    ? is doper than them brown bags
  • a_wack_poster
    a_wack_poster Members Posts: 588 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I copped the EVO 4G LTE over this, and judging from the responses and ? in here I probably should have went with the S3.

My question is, could I still root and do all the ? with the EVO that yall are doing with the S3? Cause I'm still rolling with a lot of the stock ? that was on here minus a few apps.
  • Dr.Chemix
    Options
    I copped the EVO 4G LTE over this, and judging from the responses and ? in here I probably should have went with the S3.

My question is, could I still root and do all the ? with the EVO that yall are doing with the S3? Cause I'm still rolling with a lot of the stock ? that was on here minus a few apps.

Oh no doubt bruh. People who know the real deal knows that EVO is no slouch and reigned king for quite some time.

Short answer, yea you can root the EVO. Far as the "post root" and what you can do with your phone, I'm pretty sure you can do some of the things that S3 does, minus some new features that are only allocated with the tech of S3.

Basically you can still go into full beast mode with an EVO playa
  • Dr.Chemix
    Options
    Just some FYI for errybody besides @Cain1 (I kno that ? knows)

I see ? were talking bout task killers...yall do know yall got a stock one already pre installed, right?
  • a_wack_poster
    a_wack_poster Members Posts: 588 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the video/help, I'm gonna play around with this ? in a few. I appreciate it.
  • lion_heart
    lion_heart Members Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anyone know what so special about the jelly bean update?
  • lion_heart
    lion_heart Members Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Dr.Chemix
    Options
    Yo @Cain1, I appreciate the contributions to this thread. It's has become an informative piece for myself and others who own the S3.
  • Dr.Chemix
    Options
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »
    Yo @Cain1, I appreciate the contributions to this thread. It's has become an informative piece for myself and others who own the S3.

No problem bruh i'm a nerd when it comes to this phone stuff. I'm still tripping how powerful this phone is.

Sidenote an AT&T JellyBean update is ready but its not over the air (OTA) you have to use Samsung KIES to get it but its available.

No doubt bruh...quiet as kept, doc is a undercover geek himself. Good mention bruh, I was just about to talk about that issue.

So, @Cain1, for the peeps who got a rooted phone but want to install any updates that are received through their carrier, do you have a recommended video for them that they can peep?

My homie got a rooted phone after my constant ramblings to for him to get root. Now he says he got an update (and I figure its probably the jelly bean and I know this ? just rooted the phone, that's it. Exact words: ? , this root ain't ? , my phone isn't faster. hilarious) and he asked me if downloading it would work.

I told the ? it probably won't install. Most likely, he would have to go back to stock recovery, download and then return back.

Did I provide the correct info to him?
  • Dr.Chemix
    Options
    Do you know his carrier? Some OTA that are getting pushed out will make you lose your root. AT&T pushed one out that did it.

Lol for him to get his phone faster he got to get rid of bloatware apps that slow your phone down. He need to titanium backup and freeze those apps that are constantly slowing his phone. I myself get rid of most the Samsung apps and AT&T stuff.

Yea that ? thought root meant "make phone fast". ? is far from tech savvy. He got the same carrier as I, Tmo.

? was almost about to take that ? to the store to look for the update too. LOL!! I was like nooooooo ? !!!
  • MARIO_DRO
    Options
    AYE CAIN,

I GOT THAT NOTE 2 AND I CANT PLAY ANYTHING WORLDSTAR VIDS.. WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?..

I DL GOOGLE CHROME BUT THAT AINT HELP..

I CAN WATCH YOUTUBE, SO I AINT SURE WHAT THE PROBLEM IS
  • MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

No problem bruh i'm a nerd when it comes to this phone stuff. I'm still tripping how powerful this phone is.

Sidenote an AT&T JellyBean update is ready but its not over the air (OTA) you have to use Samsung KIES to get it but its available. [/quote]

Good looking out bruh. I just finished updating.
  • Dr.Chemix
    Options
    AYE CAIN,

I GOT THAT NOTE 2 AND I CANT PLAY ANYTHING WORLDSTAR VIDS.. WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?..

I DL GOOGLE CHROME BUT THAT AINT HELP..

I CAN WATCH YOUTUBE, SO I AINT SURE WHAT THE PROBLEM IS

@DROSODAMFUNNY are you going to the desktop site or the mobile? I just checked on it with the dolphin browser (not to say it will work for just dolphin, I got dolphin and chrome) by using the mobile site and the vids played.

Try the mobile site and see what's what bruh
  • MARIO_DRO
    Options
    IT WORKS ON MOBILE..PRESHATE IT!
  • s-dot
    s-dot Members Posts: 164 ✭✭
    Options
    maaan, I cant do nothing but watch review videos on youtube about this phone/phone+roms. Got me already looking at phone cases i'm gonna buy and stuff. Damn this wait...
  • Piffawana
    Piffawana Members Posts: 197 ✭✭
    Options
    Dont know if you guys seen it already or have read it somewhere.
    There is a new update coming. Premium suite upgrade.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6aM7kQ7sCRE