Samsung Galaxy S3...Knockin em out da box!

Options

Comments

• lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    good looking out
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    how do you capture a screenshot i keep doing the ? on accident but how to i do it on purpose

HAHAHA I HATE THAT JUNK
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    how do you capture a screenshot i keep doing the ? on accident but how to i do it on purpose

karate chop .............. now slide to the right
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've had my Galaxy 3 for a few months and it is easily the best phone Ive ever owned.

My wife has that iPhone 5 and that thing seems like a relic in comparison to the capability of my phone.
  • MARIO_DRO
    Options
    THE ONLY THING I NOTICE THAT IS BETTER WITH THE IPHONE IS THE SIRI FUNCTION... MY NOTE 2 HAS IT, BUT IT DONT TALK AND THE RESULTS ARENT BETTER.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    THE ONLY THING I NOTICE THAT IS BETTER WITH THE IPHONE IS THE SIRI FUNCTION... MY NOTE 2 HAS IT, BUT IT DONT TALK AND THE RESULTS ARENT BETTER.

The Google Now on the Note 2 does talk. You must have something messed up with your settings.

Also Siri is better for questions and commands dealing with the actual phone.
    Google Now is better for questions and commands dealing with general information needed.

For instance, if you're trying to navigate somewhere, Siri will open up your phone's navigation app where as Google Now will do a search and give you an internet map.

On the flip, side when asking more general questions Google Now will either give you the answer or a webpage faster than Siri in general.

They both are about the same with more typical stuff like telling it to play a song or set an alarm.
  • MARIO_DRO
    Options

The Google Now on the Note 2 does talk. You must have something messed up with your settings.

Google Now is better for questions and commands dealing with general information needed.

For instance, if you're trying to navigate somewhere, Siri will open up your phone's navigation app where as Google Now will do a search and give you an internet map.

On the flip, side when asking more general questions Google Now will either give you the answer or a webpage faster than Siri in general.

They both are about the same with more typical stuff like telling it to play a song or set an alarm.

GOOGLE NOW??? NEVER HEARD OF IT.. HOW DO I SET THAT UP?

IVE HAD THIS PHONE SINCE LAST NOV/DEC AND I ONLY PLAYED WITH THE SIRI PROGRAM LIKE 3 TIMES... SO I MAY BE DOING SOMETHING WRONG
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    [img][/img]

GOOGLE NOW??? NEVER HEARD OF IT.. HOW DO I SET THAT UP?

IVE HAD THIS PHONE SINCE LAST NOV/DEC AND I ONLY PLAYED WITH THE SIRI PROGRAM LIKE 3 TIMES... SO I MAY BE DOING SOMETHING WRONG

Press and hold the menu button. Google Now will come up. It's basically the Google search function and a bunch of cards that you can customize to give you information. For instance, I have the weather and traffic cards activated, so every morning my phone gives me a message telling me what the weather is outside and how long it will take me to get to work considering traffic conditions. I honestly haven't played with this too much, but it's pretty useful.

The search should be the same as if you have the Google Search widget up though. Just press the microphone and ask your question. It should answer you audibly if it has a real response, and if it can decide on a real response it should direct you to a standard google search. Test it out, and let me know what happens. Just ask something simple like "When do the Lakers play next?" It should audibly tell you tonight against Houston. That's what my phone did when I tried it just now.
  • MARIO_DRO
    Options
    IMA HAVE TO DO SOME MORE RESEARCH CAUSE WHEN I PRESS AND HOLD MY MENU BOTTON, A SCREEN SHOT OF ALL OF MY RECENT APPS POP UP
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    IMA HAVE TO DO SOME MORE RESEARCH CAUSE WHEN I PRESS AND HOLD MY MENU BOTTON, A SCREEN SHOT OF ALL OF MY RECENT APPS POP UP

You're pressing and holding the Home button. The menu button is the capacitive button to the left of the one you're holding.
  • MARIO_DRO
    Options

You're pressing and holding the Home button. The menu button is the capacitive button to the left of the one you're holding.

GOT IT.. PRESHATE THAT
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    copping that S4 next month ,should I wait on the Note 3? Is that DNA supposed to be better than the S4?
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    copping that S4 next month ,should I wait on the Note 3? Is that DNA supposed to be better than the S4?

The DNA is good, but it's not better than the S4. The HTC One is more comparable to the S4, but it's not on Verizon. The Note 3 will likely be better than the S4, but you'll have to wait a few months and it will be bigger than the S4 if size is a factor for you.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Im prolly gonna do all type of ? to mine, like download emulators and roms & ? , is the note just as good at doing that as the s3/s4?
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    Im prolly gonna do all type of ? to mine, like download emulators and roms & ? , is the note just as good at doing that as the s3/s4?

Yeah, the primary difference between the S series and the Note series is the size. The S phones are meant to be standard mobile phones. The Note phones are phablets (phone/tablet hybrids). The Note phones are also released a few months after the S phones so they are usually a step up in capability. All that said, you could do all the stuff you're talking about with the S3, Note 2, and any decent phone that's already out, so you'll have no problem doing it with S4 and Note 3.

• lamontbdc
    Options
    google now is that ? it knows my whole commute to work ? will even tell me when my train is coming
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Cain1 I see you been holding this ? down along with other cats dropping info...good looks people on keeping the S3 players up to date on that good ? ...
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    yea Im thinking of waiting for Note3
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    Options
    i seen a phone at radio shack today that looks just like the s3 but its bigger (more square shaped)

i was waiting for the s4. im not really big on phones but what is the difference between s4, note2, and mega???
  • Crude_
    Options
    Cain1 wrote: »
    i seen a phone at radio shack today that looks just like the s3 but its bigger (more square shaped)

i was waiting for the s4. im not really big on phones but what is the difference between s4, note2, and mega???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve3IxqkWdAQ

S3 = the Note 2

Note 2 is kinda like the mini tablet version of the S3.

The Note just has a bigger screen and slightly better hardware.

I don't see or hear to many "major" differences other than that.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Cain1 wrote: »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve3IxqkWdAQ

S3 = the Note 2

Note 2 is kinda like the mini tablet version of the S3.

The Note just has a bigger screen and slightly better hardware.

I don't see or hear to many "major" differences other than that.

The Note 2 also had the S pen and a bunch of different software when it came out like multi-window. I think a lot of that software has been ported to the S3 now though.
  • lamontbdc
    Options
    anybody get a new update? looks like the S3 can run 2 apps at the same time now with the split screen or am i just late figuring my phone out
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    anybody get a new update? looks like the S3 can run 2 apps at the same time now with the split screen or am i just late figuring my phone out

Been that way since a previous update late last year. Not all apps though, just certain ones.
  • lamontbdc
    Options
    dam i'm just wasting features
  • Crude_
    Options
    Best phone I ever owned only gripe about it now is sometimes it freezes up when the phone has updates available and Im on here.