Samsung Galaxy S3...Knockin em out da box!

Options

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just making it known here, but when looking at new phones, the first and most important thing to worry about is hardware. Companies like Samsung and Apple like to show off their software and make that a big selling point, but for the most part if your phone has similar hardware then chances are the software isn't even an issue.

Case and point, I saw that S4 commercial and thought the "Wave to Answer" feature was cool. I went to the Android market, and they've had an app that does that same thing up for nearly a year. It was actually developed on the S3. The point is, most of the fancy software options will either be figured out and copied for all phones eventually or already exist anyway. I think the one exception is multi-window. They have things analogous to that on the market but nothing quite as good.
  • Got Em Shook
    Got Em Shook Members Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sprint's S3 is the only one that can do multiview...unless you're rooted and have a custom rom
  • MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Cain1 @The Lonious Monk can I install the international s3 rom on an att version? If so point me to the right direction....
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Got mine yesterday..finally I'm with the times.

I've had a Windows Phone for the past two years so I may just be easily impressed.

So far I absolutely love it.
  • MrSoutCity
    Options
    Got mine yesterday..finally I'm with the times.

I've had a Windows Phone for the past two years so I may just be easily impressed.

So far I absolutely love it.

I hope you got the s4 and not the s3
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MrSoutCity wrote: »
    @Cain1 @The Lonious Monk can I install the international s3 rom on an att version? If so point me to the right direction....

I don't know. I haven't heard of one, but I don't really root my phones so I don't keep up on that. A google search should bring it up, and if not go ask on www.phandroid.com they have a root section for every phone.
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    Options
    anybody get the s4 yet. im bout to order one either tonite or tomorrow
  • sapo614
    sapo614 Members Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I got it, been playing with it for about a week. You can't go wrong and the phone is as close to perfection as a phone can get right now. If you got any questions about it just let me know, I'm still learning new ? daily but I got a good overall feel.
  • MrSoutCity
    Options
    Good looking out my Gs...
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Just ordered two yesterday. Should have them next weekend. International versions.
  • shizza
    shizza Members Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Anybody know whats up with Verizon and the S4? Shyyt still doesn't have a release date yet. nd im not fewling the fact that verizon only offers the 16gb S4
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MAN I KNOW THAT SEEN THAT NEW S4 COMMERCIAL WHERE THEY WERE AT THE GRADUATION AND DUDE JUMPED IN FRONT OF THE CAMERA SHOT AND HE WAS ABLE TO ERASE HIM AND CAPTURE THE PERSON BEHIND HIM... HOW IN THE HELL IS THAT POSSIBLE?
  • Got Em Shook
    Got Em Shook Members Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You can make Gif's on the S4 also. ? is amazing
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MAN I KNOW THAT SEEN THAT NEW S4 COMMERCIAL WHERE THEY WERE AT THE GRADUATION AND DUDE JUMPED IN FRONT OF THE CAMERA SHOT AND HE WAS ABLE TO ERASE HIM AND CAPTURE THE PERSON BEHIND HIM... HOW IN THE HELL IS THAT POSSIBLE?

I seen that ? last night and been thinking bout that ? too
  • sapo614
    sapo614 Members Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I ? around with the camera a little bit and there is a mode called eraser. In this mode it will take 5 pics and then compare the pics and if it pics up on a object that isnt consistent with everything else it will highlight it and give you the option to remove it. So basically it takes 5 pics and combines them and then allows you to erase 1 of the 5 pics that has the moving object and lets you use that .

There is another feature where you can select a object in a pic and trace the outline of it with your finger and then it adds you to add or subtract your selection but that feature seems to be buggy because I can never add or subtract the outlined item but if I figure it out I'll come back and post. And if anybody else wants to add on or throw out any info then feel free to do so.
  • HarlemThumzUp
    HarlemThumzUp Members Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo I got S3 but this snitchin ass phone yells out who's texting u...anybody know how to turn that ? off?
  • joshuaboy
    Options
    Nate D.O. wrote: »
    Yo I got S3 but this snitchin ass phone yells out who's texting u...anybody know how to turn that ? off?

You must have turned that on ....... that's not a factory setting
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the ? i've never seen that option joe...you got some extra ? turned on...that ? gotta be hot
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Oh yea...you got one of those options turned on by accident. I know cause I did it once when I first got the joint. It's somewhere in settings...let me fumble with the joint and see if I can find it. It's some kind of mode it goes into...for handicap folks I think

• MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hahahahah MY PHONE JUST DID THAT JUNK. .I GOT THE NOTE 2....

"TXT MSG FROM MARK"..MY WIFE SITTIN HERE AND SHE..I EYES FOR BIG AS HELL..

ANYWAY..U MUST HAVE YO PHONE IN DRIVING MODE..IT READS OUT WHO TXT U SO U CAN BE SAFE WHILE DRVING....GO 2 THE SITTING WHERE YOU TURN YA WIFI AND GPS AND STUFF
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • UPTOWN
    Options
    sapo614 wrote: »
    I got it, been playing with it for about a week. You can't go wrong and the phone is as close to perfection as a phone can get right now. If you got any questions about it just let me know, I'm still learning new ? daily but I got a good overall feel.
    good look .. i never got around to getting online to order it yet but im def getting it ... ? this evo 4g LOL
  • UPTOWN
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »

Just ordered two yesterday. Should have them next weekend. International versions.

lemme know when you get em. are you ordering from the sprint site??
  • UPTOWN
    Options
    sapo614 wrote: »

I ? around with the camera a little bit and there is a mode called eraser. In this mode it will take 5 pics and then compare the pics and if it pics up on a object that isnt consistent with everything else it will highlight it and give you the option to remove it. So basically it takes 5 pics and combines them and then allows you to erase 1 of the 5 pics that has the moving object and lets you use that .

There is another feature where you can select a object in a pic and trace the outline of it with your finger and then it adds you to add or subtract your selection but that feature seems to be buggy because I can never add or subtract the outlined item but if I figure it out I'll come back and post. And if anybody else wants to add on or throw out any info then feel free to do so.

yeah...... of course the commercial makes it seem like its one pic, you can "erase" an object and still have the original background that was behind the object you erased LOL ... soon as i seen it i knew it was a play on "burst mode". that ? is wacker than that phone with the facebook button a couple years ago. you should always use burst mode really. its the only way to get that perfect fraction of a second when everything in the image you're photographing is just right (on a consistent basis anyway)

if you think about it, all professional photographers back in the day had those rapid fire cameras. thats why the pics they released were always on point.
  • joshuaboy
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »

lemme know when you get em. are you ordering from the sprint site??

Got them. Ordered from a seller on ebay I normally buy phones from. Not associated with any US carriers. It's an unlocked international version I-9500.

Phone is amazing. Not so much different than the S3, but is a lot more convenient. Air swipe to answer and view status is nice. Eye scrolling.