Samsung Galaxy S3...Knockin em out da box!

Options

Comments

• The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just copped the Note II yesterday. I'm impressed so far. How you take screen capture Monk?
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hold the power button and volume down button at the same time.
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh ? I found it. I can just swipe my hand across the ? . Awesome.
  • DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just because I'm bored. Here's my keyboard setup. You can do practically anything with these apps these days.

Screenshot_2013-01-15-20-25-25_zpsbc8baba9.png

Which is keyboard app is this? ? is pretty sick. I currently have have the SwiftKey 3 trial.

And does your ? have to be rooted for this keyboard app? I know most of the screen shot apps and some other apps that I was checking out require your S3 to be rooted.
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can upgrade now but ima wait until the galaxy 4 comes out
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Just because I'm bored. Here's my keyboard setup. You can do practically anything with these apps these days.

Screenshot_2013-01-15-20-25-25_zpsbc8baba9.png

Which is keyboard app is this? ? is pretty sick. I currently have have the SwiftKey 3 trial.

And does your ? have to be rooted for this keyboard app? I know most of the screen shot apps and some other apps that I was checking out require your S3 to be rooted.

This is Go Keyboard, and no your phone doesn't have to be rooted. It let's you choose a pic to set as your keyboard background and you can also DL free themes.

Go Development makes a lot of good apps. I use their Keyboard, SMS, and Launcher.
  • s-dot
    s-dot Members Posts: 164 ✭✭
    Options
    freehuey89 wrote: »
    I can upgrade now but ima wait until the galaxy 4 comes out

I just read that it's gonna be a 5" screen. Thank ? . I was hoping it wasnt gonna be Note2-sized which would deter me from getting it.
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo @Cain1 the Galaxy Note uses Odin as well for rooting process, correct?
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good look on that info bruh @Cain1
  • lion_heart
    lion_heart Members Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Any of you guys with your phones rooted have the Premium Suite Upgrade yet?
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i rooted my ? easy thanks fellas i had forgot to report back in
  • Got Em Shook
    Got Em Shook Members Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    anybody know some good Roms for the s3?
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Had my phone since October just now getting around to trying to root it. Got it all setup and some kind of error occurred. IDK what went wrong.
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Something about the download source not being found
  • Rhyme_Religion
    Rhyme_Religion Members Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo, I ain't peeped none of the vids yet, just read some posts. What's the benefits of rooting your phone? I got the GS3 with Verizon.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Cain1 wrote: »
    Yo, I ain't peeped none of the vids yet, just read some posts. What's the benefits of rooting your phone? I got the GS3 with Verizon.

Better battery life you can mod your phone to rid of annoying ads. You can make the actually yours by putting whatever rom you want on it,

This is true. That said you can improve battery life and make the phone yours through usage of various apps without rooting.
  • Rhyme_Religion
    Rhyme_Religion Members Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Better battery life you can mod your phone to rid of annoying ads. You can make the actually yours by putting whatever rom you want on it,

I peeped a few ads on the Google Play store app, ? asked me did I want a free Galaxy Note II.

With your post Cain & yours Monk, it seems you two have different methods to achieve the same goal. I'm new to this rooting demo, I will peep the vids later in. To root, or not to root?
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

I peeped a few ads on the Google Play store app, ? asked me did I want a free Galaxy Note II.

With your post Cain & yours Monk, it seems you two have different methods to achieve the same goal. I'm new to this rooting demo, I will peep the vids later in. To root, or not to root?

It depends a lot on your phone really. I got a DNA now and I've pretty much loaded it up with a bunch of customization apps and a battery management app and it works like a charm and is fun to use. That said, it's a pretty powerful phone and can run all of that stuff without a hitch.

I'd assume that the SG3 can too. That said, if it doesn't, then rooting would be the other option. Honestly, if you have misgivings about rooting, just download a launcher and a good battery management app and play around with the phone til you have it just how you want it. If you do that and aren't satisfied, then try rooting.
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    just got the S3 last night.....first smart phone....i dont know wtf im doing but the ? tight overall
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HAF BAYKED wrote: »
    just got the S3 last night.....first smart phone....i dont know wtf im doing but the ? tight overall

Get your Google account in order and hit the Play Store
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »

Get your Google account in order and hit the Play Store

im scared of all that connecting accounts from this and that ? .....idk why....guess i'll have to get over that.....

so whats in the play store?
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Apps. You need a gmail account to access the Google Play store.

https://play.google.com/store

• BarryHalls
    BarryHalls Members Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options

Dude. The S4 is coming out on March 14.

Samsung-Galaxy-S-IV.jpg
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »
    lol yea any real ? needs a hide it app most def. I keep my personal biz private, nah mean?

What app do you recommend?

• lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    how do you capture a screenshot i keep doing the ? on accident but how to i do it on purpose