Iphone users, what are you expecting from the Iphone 5?

Options

Comments

• CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CJ wrote: »
    image_zps2572981e.jpg

That's what's up CJ. Congrats man. I envy all of you that are getting yours now.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    well done sir.

i wish you safe travels while you are in the streets today, killin the game
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    MobTown wrote: »
    i might cave and buy this phone because my conntract rruns out before the s4 and i gotta upgrade now or else.

I have a few questions, the s3 allows you to set limits for your daily data usage can you do that with this phone.

is this phone a data hog and are there free apps to turn the phone into a free wifi hot spot like foxfi?

Yes, yes (its an LTE phone...its a data hog), and yes (you dont need an app). Its built in "Personal Hotspot"
  • rage
    Options
    Not feeling that ? about the Maps (yeah I know it will be fine in a few months) but I feel that Apple rushed that ? out. Should have slapped a Beta tag on there until they got enough Cloud sourced info to make it worthwhile.
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CJ wrote: »
    image_zps2572981e.jpg

That's what's up CJ. Congrats man. I envy all of you that are getting yours now.
    matt- wrote: »
    well done sir.

i wish you safe travels while you are in the streets today, killin the game

Lol thanks my iPhone brethren.
  • Michael_Malice
    Options
    rage wrote: »
    Not feeling that ? about the Maps (yeah I know it will be fine in a few months) but I feel that Apple rushed that ? out. Should have slapped a Beta tag on there until they got enough Cloud sourced info to make it worthwhile.

Exactly. They got some work to do with the Maps. I know Google with drop that Maps app though soon so not too big of a deal.
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ayo,...I'm hearing bad things about the maps....but I'm still jealous of all Iphone 5 users on this day..
  • rage
    Options
    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2410034,00.asp

Another test showing that and I quote "The iPhone 5 looks to be the fastest smartphone we've ever tested at PCMag.com." This is from ? PC Mag of all places.

Exactly. They got some work to do with the Maps. I know Google with drop that Maps app though soon so not too big of a deal.

The more I look into it...its the fly overs and 3D maps that are ? up. While its ? , its more of an annoyance than an actual hinderance. The Turn by Turns for the most part have been pretty good.

Oh....PASSBOOK>>>>>>>>NFC. Passbook will make my life INFINITELY less complicated. Just dropped my Gym membership on it...now as soon as I get to the gym, my passbook throws up my gym tag on the lock screen. I dont have to dig around for my key tag or card. Out with the chic last night..bought tix for a flick at dinner, as soon as we got to the theatre...tix popped up on my lockscreen.
  • Michael_Malice
    Options

Another test showing that and I quote "The iPhone 5 looks to be the fastest smartphone we've ever tested at PCMag.com." This is from ? PC Mag of all places.

The more I look into it...its the fly overs and 3D maps that are ? up. While its ? , its more of an annoyance than an actual hinderance. The Turn by Turns for the most part have been pretty good.

Oh....PASSBOOK>>>>>>>>NFC. Passbook will make my life INFINITELY less complicated. Just dropped my Gym membership on it...now as soon as I get to the gym, my passbook throws up my gym tag on the lock screen. I dont have to dig around for my key tag or card. Out with the chic last night..bought tix for a flick at dinner, as soon as we got to the theatre...tix popped up on my lockscreen.

Man Passbook is going to be so damn convenient once it gets going. Sounds like you are using it the right way. I'm ready to load up my Passbook. Do you have the 5 or you just running iOS 6?
  • rage
    Options

Man Passbook is going to be so damn convenient once it gets going. Sounds like you are using it the right way. I'm ready to load up my Passbook. Do you have the 5 or you just running iOS 6?

Running iOS6 on my 4. Check these sites out to create your own passes. They may not have all the functionality that the official apps will have but still incredibly convenient.

https://api.passdock.com

http://www.passsource.com/selectPublicTemplate.php
  • Michael_Malice
    Options

Running iOS6 on my 4. Check these sites out to create your own passes. They may not have all the functionality that the official apps will have but still incredibly convenient.

That's what's up. Good looking out. I'm not ready to update to iOS 6 yet because I don't want to lose my JB but it's tempting as hell. They already have iOS 6 JB tethered so hopefully the untethered doesn't take too long.
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just updated to IO6...runs smooth...
  • rage
    Options

That's what's up. Good looking out. I'm not ready to update to iOS 6 yet because I don't want to lose my JB but it's tempting as hell. They already have iOS 6 JB tethered so hopefully the untethered doesn't take too long.

Honestly I dont miss my JB...its nice to have for Installous, but other than that there isnt much from Cydia that I use on a daily basis.
  • rage
    Options
  • Michael_Malice
    Options

Honestly I dont miss my JB...its nice to have for Installous, but other than that there isnt much from Cydia that I use on a daily basis.

? I don't know what I would do without BiteSMS and SBSettings.
  • Michael_Malice
    Options
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    did ? rush to buy a bonafide paper weight?
  • rage
    Options
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »
    did ? rush to buy a bonafide paper weight?

Nah the S3 sales are lagging...sorry B :(
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't give a ? about the sales b. The general population mass, like you, are dumb as ? and follow trends

? I care about the sales for? I have no stock in Samsung. Sales don't define technical prowess

That's why they keep ? yall with those one upgrade per iphone ?

you dudes are going to buy em regardless...you ? are happy over last year upgrade ?

And what's ? up? That gap is going to increase even more by next year...smh

• rage
    Options
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »
    I don't give a ? about the sales b. The general population mass, like you, are dumb as ? and follow trends

? I care about the sales for? I have no stock in Samsung. Sales don't define technical prowess

That's why they keep ? yall with those one upgrade per iphone ?

you dudes are going to buy em regardless...you ? are happy over last year upgrade ?

And what's ? up? That gap is going to increase even more by next year...smh

Lol ? everything you just typed out applies for you and the rest of you fandroids. It's been proven over and over again,
    The iPhone is the faster than the S3. The iPhone has a sharper screen than the S3. The S3 is a complete rip off of the iphone. There is absolutely nothing amazing or technically advanced about the S3. The stupid piece of cheap plastic ? is an S2 with a bigger screen, that's all. Next year Samsung will make the screen larger and you Fandroids will slurp the Koolaid again.

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol being happy that the iPhone 5 is faster than the SG3. So what? In two months, there will be another phone faster than both. Who cares? Think about this. Does anyone get on here and have ? contests about who has the better computer? No because they know whatever they have will be eclipsed very soon.

iPhone fans aren't dumb because they like iPhones. iPhone fans are dumb because they like it's some magical device that is perfect in every way and unapproachable by anything else, when in fact it has been eclipsed in several areas and will be eclipsed in the other areas given time. At one time, it might have been something new and amazing. Now any version of the iPhone is just another phone on the market, nothing special.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    has anyone ever gone from an iphone to another smart phone?

or has anyone started out with another smart phone, then switched to an iphone only to not like it and switch back?

• rage
    Options
    lol being happy that the iPhone 5 is faster than the SG3. So what? In two months, there will be another phone faster than both. Who cares? Think about this. Does anyone get on here and have ? contests about who has the better computer? No because they know whatever they have will be eclipsed very soon.

iPhone fans aren't dumb because they like iPhones. iPhone fans are dumb because they like it's some magical device that is perfect in every way and unapproachable by anything else, when in fact it has been eclipsed in several areas and will be eclipsed in the other areas given time. At one time, it might have been something new and amazing. Now any version of the iPhone is just another phone on the market, nothing special.

WTF?? In your first paragraph you get on a soap box about who cares if the iPhone is faster than the S3 and there will be a faster phone than both.

Then in the next paragraph you call iPhone users dumb because the phones been eclipsed? How the ? has the iPhone been eclipsed when its the fastest phone on the market, has one of the sharpest screens on the market, is thinner and lighter than 98% of the phones on the market, has one of...if not the best camera on the market, the highest customer satisfaction in the market. Yet iPhone users are dumb because they think its a great device?? WTF kind of logic is that?