Iphone users, what are you expecting from the Iphone 5?

Options

Comments

• Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    has anyone ever gone from an iphone to another smart phone?

or has anyone started out with another smart phone, then switched to an iphone only to not like it and switch back?

I remember I switched from my iPhone 3G to a Motorola Droid because Verizon had 3G in my area and AT&T didn't. Worst month of my life. I wanted to chunk that damn phone. Hated that Android ? .
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Had to go to BB for a week...that ? for kids...
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

or has anyone started out with another smart phone, then switched to an iphone only to not like it and switch back?

Ive had numerous BBs because of the companies I used to work for. I've never hated a piece of tech more than the Curve...threw that ? against a wall after it locked up on me for the 6th time in a week.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • DNB1
    Options
    lol...BlackBerry
  • Matt-
    Options
    oh. forgot all about those things. never had one. thank goodness
  • MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I had the samsung blackjack. Windows mobile was horrible. Switched to the iPhone 3g, loved that phone until I realized that every ios update was slowing down the phone. Switch to a Galaxy S, I hated Samsung touchwize interface. When I upgrade came along it was between the iPhone 4 and the htc inspire, went with the iphone 4 ? was pretty much the same iphone with a different outer body and a front facing camera, returned that ? the very next day and got the inspire.
  • rage
    Options
    MrSoutCity wrote: »

I had the samsung blackjack. Windows mobile was horrible. Switched to the iPhone 3g, loved that phone until I realized that every ios update was slowing down the phone. Switch to a Galaxy S, I hated Samsung touchwize interface. When I upgrade came along it was between the iPhone 4 and the htc inspire, went with the iphone 4 ? was pretty much the same iphone with a different outer body and a front facing camera, returned that ? the very next day and got the inspire.

I got a question...and I'm honestly not trying to be a ? . But what could iOS4 have had that would have made you stay?
  • MrSoutCity
    Options
    rage wrote: »

I got a question...and I'm honestly not trying to be a ? . But what could iOS4 have had that would have made you stay?

Honestly if wasn't really the IOS at the time, if the phone had a bigger screen I would have stuck with the iphone 4. And being able to drag and drop files into Android is one main reason I can't see my self doing back to apple.
  • DNB1
    Options
    [As we all know the iPhone 5 debuted last week and sales topped out at 5 million handset sold. Whats more surprising is Apple had over 100 million in iOS 6 upgrades. Today Apple sent out a press release to announce their launch success with iOS 6 and the iPhone 5

California—September 24, 2012—Apple® today announced it has sold over five million of its new iPhone® 5, just three days after its launch on September 21, and more than 100 million iOS devices have been updated with iOS 6, the world’s most advanced mobile operating system. iPhone 5 is available in the US, Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore and the UK, and will be available in 22 more countries on September 28 and more than 100 countries by the end of the year. Demand for iPhone 5 exceeded the initial supply and while the majority of pre-orders have been shipped to customers, many are scheduled to be shipped in October.

“Demand for iPhone 5 has been incredible and we are working hard to get an iPhone 5 into the hands of every customer who wants one as quickly as possible,” said Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO. “While we have sold out of our initial supply, stores continue to receive iPhone 5 shipments regularly and customers can continue to order online and receive an estimated delivery date. We appreciate everyone’s patience and are working hard to build enough iPhone 5s for everyone.”

iPhone 5 is the thinnest and lightest iPhone ever, completely redesigned to feature a stunning new 4-inch Retina™ display; an Apple-designed A6 chip for blazing fast performance; and ultrafast wireless technology*—all while delivering even better battery life.**

Pricing & Availability
    iPhone 5 comes in either white & silver or black & slate, and is available in the US for a suggested retail price of $199 (US) for the 16GB model and $299 (US) for the 32GB model and $399 (US) for the 64GB model. iPhone 5 is available from the Apple Online Store (www.apple.com), Apple’s retail stores, and through AT&T, Sprint, Verizon Wireless, select Best Buy, RadioShack, Target and Walmart stores and select Apple Authorized Resellers. iPhone 4S is also available for just $99 (US) and iPhone 4 is available for free with a two-year contract.***

iPhone 5 will be available on September 28 in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.

* LTE is available through select carriers. Network speeds are dependent on carrier networks, check with your carrier for details.
    ** Battery life depends on device settings, usage and other factors. Actual results vary.
    *** Qualified customers only. Requires a new two year rate plan, sold separately.

/quote]
  • DNB1
    Options
    100 million IO6 upgrades...+ 5s sold with it already installed...

That's a lot of consumers...
  • rage
    Options

Honestly if wasn't really the IOS at the time, if the phone had a bigger screen I would have stuck with the iphone 4. And being able to drag and drop files into Android is one main reason I can't see my self doing back to apple.

I've heard other Android users say this before. What does this mean exactly? Like use it as a portable hard drive?
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @rage you just make it too easy b.

I've heard other Android users say this before. What does this mean exactly? Like use it as a portable hard drive?

^That's what I mean...how the ? you don't understand what's he's talking about? Like I said, iphone is a playskool my first smartphone...

You don't know what "drag and drop" means? lmfao!!

That's why Steve Jobs said, "It's not the consumers' job to know what they want"

• rage
    Options
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »
    @rage you just make it too easy b.

^That's what I mean...how the ? you don't understand what's he's talking about? Like I said, iphone is a playskool my first smartphone...

You don't know what "drag and drop" means? lmfao!!

That's why Steve Jobs said, "It's not the consumers' job to know what they want"

Shut the ? up you clown. The reason I asked is because YOU CAN DRAG AND DROP files with the iPhone...IF YOUR USING IT AS a portable HARD DRIVE.

Wow you must feel SOOOOO Special with your super complex phone! What a brilliant strategy....instead of making technology easier and more accessible for people....we should make it MORE complex, just so nerd ass ? like you can boast online to other nerd ass ? just how complicated their phone is. And you wonder why Apple destroys its competition every time in every market it comes into. You tech nerds are a dying breed...
  • Dr.Chemix
    Options
    OK...you still dumb. The smartphone acts as a hard drive with the USB, right? It asks you once its hooked up, right?

you dumb maphuka

• MrSoutCity
    Options

You sound like you trying to be funny but with the iPhone(at least when I had mine) you needed itunes for everything. Movies, books, ringtones, music. Sometimes you needed a certain version of itunes or itunes would force you to upgrade you IOS when you didn't want too. With my inspire all I do is drag and drop my files then open what ever app that uses the file.
  • rage
    Options
    OK...you still dumb. The smartphone acts as a hard drive with the USB, right? It asks you once its hooked up, right?

you dumb maphuka

No, you dont need to connect it through USB...it does it over WIFI. And he wasnt talking about using it as a Hard drive...you ? .

You sound like you trying to be funny but with the iPhone(at least when I had mine) you needed itunes for everything. Movies, books, ringtones, music. Sometimes you needed a certain version of itunes or itunes would force you to upgrade you IOS when you didn't want too. With my inspire all I do is drag and drop my files then open what ever app that uses the file.

I'm not...and you're right if you want to transfer music to the iPod app or photos to the Photo app....then yes you do have to use iTunes. I personally have never had a problem with it, to me its just a different way of doing it...but thats a personal preference and I could see not liking being restricted to iTunes especially if your on a PC.
  • Dr.Chemix
    Options
    I was talking about what you were saying you dumb ? . You think you smart...but on the real you dumb as ? bruh.

So how long apple's ? been in your mouth? Do you take it out when you brush your teeth?
  • I.B. Blackman
    I.B. Blackman Members Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol being happy that the iPhone 5 is faster than the SG3. So what? In two months, there will be another phone faster than both. Who cares? Think about this. Does anyone get on here and have ? contests about who has the better computer? No because they know whatever they have will be eclipsed very soon.

iPhone fans aren't dumb because they like iPhones. iPhone fans are dumb because they like it's some magical device that is perfect in every way and unapproachable by anything else, when in fact it has been eclipsed in several areas and will be eclipsed in the other areas given time. At one time, it might have been something new and amazing. Now any version of the iPhone is just another phone on the market, nothing special.

WTF?? In your first paragraph you get on a soap box about who cares if the iPhone is faster than the S3 and there will be a faster phone than both.

Then in the next paragraph you call iPhone users dumb because the phones been eclipsed? How the ? has the iPhone been eclipsed when its the fastest phone on the market, has one of the sharpest screens on the market, is thinner and lighter than 98% of the phones on the market, has one of...if not the best camera on the market, the highest customer satisfaction in the market. Yet iPhone users are dumb because they think its a great device?? WTF kind of logic is that?

It's been eclipsed because it's not some kind of untouchable paragon. At one time, all the other phones were playing catch up and by the time they caught up, the next iPhone was coming out. that's no longer the case. By the end of the year/beginning of next year everything you just pointed out as being the best for the iPhone will be exhibited in another phone. You can bet on that.

And yes iPhone users are dumb. But I didn't say they were dumb because they think it's a good phone. If it were only that, it wouldn't be a problem. They are dumb because they act like it's the ultimate phone. I mean I've seen iPhone oriented sites put out articles calling the iPhone 5 underwhelming, yet ya'll are in here trying to prove that it's the best thing that's ever been conceived. Is it a good phone? Yes, of course it is, anyone who isn't stupidly biased can admit that. Is it worth caping for like ya'll do? Hell no, you'd think you were receiving a paycheck from Apple or something.

• rage
    Options
    I was talking about what you were saying you dumb ? . You think you smart...but on the real you dumb as ? bruh.

So how long apple's ? been in your mouth? Do you take it out when you brush your teeth?

Says the ? with Samsungs ? in his ass, ? you came into an IPhone thread to pop ? about some plastic knock off. The nerve of this ? calling anybody else a fanboy, you actually have a ? thread dedicated to sucking Samsungs ? ? .

lol being happy that the iPhone 5 is faster than the SG3. So what? In two months, there will be another phone faster than both. Who cares? Think about this. Does anyone get on here and have ? contests about who has the better computer? No because they know whatever they have will be eclipsed very soon.

iPhone fans aren't dumb because they like iPhones. iPhone fans are dumb because they like it's some magical device that is perfect in every way and unapproachable by anything else, when in fact it has been eclipsed in several areas and will be eclipsed in the other areas given time. At one time, it might have been something new and amazing. Now any version of the iPhone is just another phone on the market, nothing special.

WTF?? In your first paragraph you get on a soap box about who cares if the iPhone is faster than the S3 and there will be a faster phone than both.

Then in the next paragraph you call iPhone users dumb because the phones been eclipsed? How the ? has the iPhone been eclipsed when its the fastest phone on the market, has one of the sharpest screens on the market, is thinner and lighter than 98% of the phones on the market, has one of...if not the best camera on the market, the highest customer satisfaction in the market. Yet iPhone users are dumb because they think its a great device?? WTF kind of logic is that?

It's been eclipsed because it's not some kind of untouchable paragon. At one time, all the other phones were playing catch up and by the time they caught up, the next iPhone was coming out. that's no longer the case. By the end of the year/beginning of next year everything you just pointed out as being the best for the iPhone will be exhibited in another phone. You can bet on that.

And yes iPhone users are dumb. But I didn't say they were dumb because they think it's a good phone. If it were only that, it wouldn't be a problem. They are dumb because they act like it's the ultimate phone. I mean I've seen iPhone oriented sites put out articles calling the iPhone 5 underwhelming, yet ya'll are in here trying to prove that it's the best thing that's ever been conceived. Is it a good phone? Yes, of course it is, anyone who isn't stupidly biased can admit that. Is it worth caping for like ya'll do? Hell no, you'd think you were receiving a paycheck from Apple or something.

Again wrong, it took two years for another company to come out with a screen as sharp and bright as the iPhone4's. Even now the 4's screen is sharper than the GS3. The iPhone processor is a dual core while every other flagship phone uses a quad core processor with 2gbs of ram compared to the iPhones 1gb...yet the iPhone is still the fastest smartphone on the market while having the best battery life. This is a custom made chip by Apple...so no another phone won't have this level of performance. It does all this while being thinner and lighter than any other phone....yet it's still far more durable than larger and thicker phones.

I don't and never have gone by websites opinions, even in this thread I have not posted one op-Ed piece on the iPhone even if they were positive because opinions are subjective and are influenced by biases. I've posted fact after fact, backed with stats and numbers, I don't simply post iPhone>>>>>>....and leave it at that.

And ? this hypocritical ? about caping, so ? can come in here with Samsungs GS3 wedged in their throats and that's not caping for them? Just because it's apple it's caping now? ? outta here, your hypocritical hate for apple is no different.

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Says the ? with Samsungs ? in his ass, ? you came into an IPhone thread to pop ? about some plastic knock off. The nerve of this ? calling anybody else a fanboy, you actually have a ? thread dedicated to sucking Samsungs ? ? .

Again wrong, it took two years for another company to come out with a screen as sharp and bright as the iPhone4's. Even now the 4's screen is sharper than the GS3. The iPhone processor is a dual core while every other flagship phone uses a quad core processor with 2gbs of ram compared to the iPhones 1gb...yet the iPhone is still the fastest smartphone on the market while having the best battery life. This is a custom made chip by Apple...so no another phone won't have this level of performance. It does all this while being thinner and lighter than any other phone....yet it's still far more durable than larger and thicker phones.

I don't and never have gone by websites opinions, even in this thread I have not posted one op-Ed piece on the iPhone even if they were positive because opinions are subjective and are influenced by biases. I've posted fact after fact, backed with stats and numbers, I don't simply post iPhone>>>>>>....and leave it at that.

And ? this hypocritical ? about caping, so ? can come in here with Samsungs GS3 wedged in their throats and that's not caping for them? Just because it's apple it's caping now? ? outta here, your hypocritical hate for apple is no different.

lol @ you throwing out a bunch of meaningless stats. Specs aren't everything when it comes to a phone. I personally like Android OS better than iOS. It doesn't matter what the iPhone's specs were. I'd never buy one because it's OS is inferior IMO.

The only thing you're right about is that the iPhone has typically had the best display around, but the difference between it and some of the other ones out there now is negligible. And if you really think that the iPhone chip won't be outclassed in the near future, you know nothing about how these things work. Chips are constantly beaten out increment by increment. That's the nature of the beast. It's not a matter of if a better processing and computing system comes out, only when. Not to mention that the RAM contributes to more than just speed. iPhone can be faster and still be inferior when it comes to multitasking. Having less RAM may be an indicator of that. And I'm pretty sure your iPhone's claim of best battery life is false. Even if it's true, the Razr Maxx HD will undoubtedly beat it in that area when it comes out.

That said, you're right. People caping up for the GS3 are just as stupid. Hell, they're stupider. The fragmented nature of Android phones really makes it silly to hold any 1 up as the standard bearer. There are probably like 3 that are all on the same level. Arguing over phones is kinda dumb anyway. Whichever one you want to use, use it. But all this bloated and exaggerated information is silly. You guys are worse with that than the presidential candidates.

• Matt-
    Options
    I don't understand what is going on with the maps? is the big change only on the iphone 5? I updated to the iOS6 on my 3GS, and the map feature changed a little bit. The differences are minor. How do I get the 3D? Am i supposed to have certain glasses to view them in 3D? whats up
  • rage
    Options
    I don't understand what is going on with the maps? is the big change only on the iphone 5? I updated to the iOS6 on my 3GS, and the map feature changed a little bit. The differences are minor. How do I get the 3D? Am i supposed to have certain glasses to view them in 3D? whats up

Only 4S and up get 3D maps.
  • Matt-
    Options

Only 4S and up get 3D maps.

oh.