Since when did blasphemy become the standard in hip hop?

Options

Comments

• ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pac was a deist.

He's different from you theists.

He believes ? created the universe and dipped.

He rejects an afterlife and etc.
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ohhhla wrote: »
    Pac was a deist.

False...re-read my post(Tupac's own words) or listen to the interview again.

He didn't believe in the traditional/organized way.
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Your gayness has nothing to do with me wondering why you're avoiding my responses.

I don't even know who in the ? you are? West Brooklyn? Jaded Righteousness? Now you're Roots Oceanic..wth?

You had more name changes on here than a muthafucka...are you e-mentally stable?

tell me how changing youe name denotes mental instability. Youre fooling yourself if you believe that you are being clever. People change avis all the time. Whats the difference? And the fact that you remember my s/n of past tells me you know exactly who I am. Dont lie to me. How about instead of ? footing around a real debate, you say something intelligent and on topic? If not, stop responding or I can do it for you. But just dont pull ? out your ass that you cant defend. Mark this post as feelings or wack, flag me if I offended you, son.
  • Bodhi
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »
    so i got a question for those who believe that they came from a monkey, the human body is one of the most sophisicated work of art ever created that the body function works in harmony and in order like the universe, so yall telling me that this body that can not be duplicate by the hands of man just Evolve from a ? cell to an ape.

now think before you answer.

You should have thought before you asked this question....you saying the earth is only a few thousand years old?

never said the earth 4000 years old, come on mayne you just setting yourself up

I'd be setting myself up had I assumed that's what you thought but I didn't I asked first instead. That does wonders for not making an ass out yourself. The way you worded that question though isn't too bright though

catching feelings i say, u mad because i started my question for those who believe they came from Monkeys is that what this all about

You might want to rephrase the question. Most intelligent people know that man comes from ape like ancestors, not monkeys or monkey like ancestors. I would have answered it but I dont believe we came from monkeys so I chose to skip it and let you get a response from someone who does
  • Bodhi
    Options
    1. Well since your logic and reasoning is superior to ? tell me EXACTLY how many stars exist in the galaxy? I'll wait.

Logic and reasoning has nothing to do with any collection of items of knowledge. Logic is defined as reasoning conducted or assessed according to strict principles of validity, or a particular system or codification of the principles of proof and inference. Reason is defined as thinking, understanding, and forming judgments by a process of logic.
    2. Definition of OMNIPOTENT
    -often capitalized : almighty
    - having virtually unlimited authority or influence

When you have unlimited authority or influence whatever you say goes. No one can tell you "No, that is wrong" and change your mind. That is why ? is called the Almighty! He has prescribed the way that souls must be saved and because He loves us, He has provided the way that souls can be saved! Hallelujah! Praise ? forever and ever.

Omni is a Latin prefix meaning "all" or "every". Potent is defined as having great power, influence, or effect. Power is the ability to do something or act in a particular way. Mighty is defined as possessing great and impressive power or strength.

Omnipotent is defined as (of a deity) having unlimited power; able to do anything. Its synonyms are all-powerful and all-mighty.

Your argument takes use of the word influence, which is the capacity to have an effect on the character, development, or behavior of someone or something, but I'm referring more to the power or the capacity to do directly, or will instantly, since by definition, if ? is omnipotent, he can do anything he pleases indirectly as well as directly, having the ability to will ANYTHING into existence at any time. Being omnipotent, there is no means to a desired end. For example, let's assume I'm hungry and would like a pizza for lunch. If I were omnipotent, I could will that pizza into existence right before my eyes, then and there. Being that I am not omnipotent, I would have to go through the process of putting the pizza together and baking it before I could enjoy it.

1. ? used Logic and reasoning to establish the heavens and the earth. Thus, the creator through His logic and reasoning knows everything that was created. Since you claim to have logic and reasoning skills that are superior to the creator, you would know the answer to any question that has to do with all of creation. Don't make big boy claims without being able to put on big boy trousers.

2. Your argument about what omnipotence is all about only strengthens what I have been saying all along. ? does as He pleases and nobody can stop His purpose. That is what omnipotence is all about. Amen.

Even with my limited knowledge, logic and reasoning tells me that the bible ? does not exist. If you cant respond directly to why I know that, we aren't going to get anywhere here.
  • Bodhi
    Options
    Disciplined Insight is like a fish out of water, flailing and flapping around. Lets see what else he can come up with out of thin air and off topic in a poor attempt to insult me. I'll have a little more fun before I throw him back in the water. Your arms too short, son
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont know why you are even going back and forth with a dunce that doesnt accept evolution. You are talking to a brick wall.

Most christians i know dont deny it, they just do what they always do...piggyback it on the miracles of ? .

• TonyStaxx
    TonyStaxx Members Posts: 6
    Options
    @Tony_Staxx Firm believer in a higher entity but not primarily focused on a particular religion
    http://youtu.be/KHbNz8DnSCk
  • Bodhi
    Options
    1. Well since your logic and reasoning is superior to ? tell me EXACTLY how many stars exist in the galaxy? I'll wait.

Logic and reasoning has nothing to do with any collection of items of knowledge. Logic is defined as reasoning conducted or assessed according to strict principles of validity, or a particular system or codification of the principles of proof and inference. Reason is defined as thinking, understanding, and forming judgments by a process of logic.
    2. Definition of OMNIPOTENT
    -often capitalized : almighty
    - having virtually unlimited authority or influence

When you have unlimited authority or influence whatever you say goes. No one can tell you "No, that is wrong" and change your mind. That is why ? is called the Almighty! He has prescribed the way that souls must be saved and because He loves us, He has provided the way that souls can be saved! Hallelujah! Praise ? forever and ever.

Omni is a Latin prefix meaning "all" or "every". Potent is defined as having great power, influence, or effect. Power is the ability to do something or act in a particular way. Mighty is defined as possessing great and impressive power or strength.

Omnipotent is defined as (of a deity) having unlimited power; able to do anything. Its synonyms are all-powerful and all-mighty.

Your argument takes use of the word influence, which is the capacity to have an effect on the character, development, or behavior of someone or something, but I'm referring more to the power or the capacity to do directly, or will instantly, since by definition, if ? is omnipotent, he can do anything he pleases indirectly as well as directly, having the ability to will ANYTHING into existence at any time. Being omnipotent, there is no means to a desired end. For example, let's assume I'm hungry and would like a pizza for lunch. If I were omnipotent, I could will that pizza into existence right before my eyes, then and there. Being that I am not omnipotent, I would have to go through the process of putting the pizza together and baking it before I could enjoy it.

1. ? used Logic and reasoning to establish the heavens and the earth. Thus, the creator through His logic and reasoning knows everything that was created. Since you claim to have logic and reasoning skills that are superior to the creator, you would know the answer to any question that has to do with all of creation. Don't make big boy claims without being able to put on big boy trousers.

2. Your argument about what omnipotence is all about only strengthens what I have been saying all along. ? does as He pleases and nobody can stop His purpose. That is what omnipotence is all about. Amen.

Even with my limited knowledge, logic and reasoning tells me that the bible ? does not exist. If you cant respond directly to why I know that, we aren't going to get anywhere here.

The difference is that you are supposing ? is all knowing so he can instantly know at any time how many stars exist in the universe. I on the other hand do not know everything and I have never claimed to.
    No amount of reason or logic, given my limited knowledge would give me the ability to know how many stars are in the universe but given what I do know about our universe, I can conclude that ? is not there, based on logic and reason.
  • Bodhi
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I dont know why you are even going back and forth with a dunce that doesnt accept evolution. You are talking to a brick wall.

Most christians i know dont deny it, they just do what they always do...piggyback it on the miracles of ? .

Haha.. Its entertaining

• Bodhi
    Options

And oh yeah of course these brothers are being hard headed online but my hope is that they will think about it in their own time or either the lurkers who have doubts will be provided woth fresh argumentation. The only thing is I'm on mobile so I cant edit, I can only make new posts. Trying not to spam.
  • thedesolateone
    thedesolateone Members Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The fact that the Bible is still in existence is enough evidence for anybody to believe that it is a divine book.
    lmpao!!!!whole bunch of horseshit goin on in here

The truth strikes your soul deep, doesn't it my friend?

what truth? you are to misinformed even to debate and argue.your own words speak volumes
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so i got a question for those who believe that they came from a monkey, the human body is one of the most sophisicated work of art ever created that the body function works in harmony and in order like the universe, so yall telling me that this body that can not be duplicate by the hands of man just Evolve from a ? cell to an ape.

answer the ? questions you guy's who believe they came from ape like ancestors
  • thedesolateone
    thedesolateone Members Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    no one in their right minds believe they came from apes
    these are brainwash material
    if you cant repeat the phase i dont know in honesty
    you will be 'headed' in alot of stupid directions
  • ohhhla
    Options

answer the ? questions you guy's who believe they came from ape like ancestors

We are apes for the 5 billionth time.

We have their features, share their social structures, just as sexual as them. (Well, bonobos and Chimpanzees)

Yes, we're apes and we came from an ape-like ancestors.

That is a fact, you can't refuted it and blah blah blah

• ohhhla
    Options
    Pac was a deist.

Pac believes in ? but he doesn't think he does everything like you theists believed.

He doesn't ? with organized religions or believes in a afterlife.

• Disciplined InSight
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Disciplined Insight is like a fish out of water, flailing and flapping around. Lets see what else he can come up with out of thin air and off topic in a poor attempt to insult me. I'll have a little more fun before I throw him back in the water. Your arms too short, son

Did I strike a nerve? Did I hurt your e-feelings? Calm down and smoke a blunt before you burst a vein from a stroke. It's evident you're not having any fun and didn't prove anything in here, but your regurgitation of scientific MIS-information doesn't deserve any merit because that's exactly what it is...misinformation and strictly ignorance.

Plus your argument a few pages back of me "hearing something that sounds good and repeating it" is laughable, when you're doing exactly that in this discussion from all the other so-called evolutionist-scientists. What I said not only "sounds good" but it's true.

I'm not a fish, nor an ape, I'm human. You're too busy "monkeying" around itching and scratch for something and trying to disapprove something you claim you don't believe fighting tooth and nail, are full of void and none totality so you debate, debate and debate 24/7 because all that claim of intellectual superiority doesn't really get you anywhere, otherwise you wouldn't be trying so hard.

The tireless debates of theists v. atheists promotes misery and I refuse to get caught up in any of psuedo-intellectual ? to put me in the state you're in now.
  • Disciplined InSight
    Options
    Pac was a deist.

Pac believes in ? but he doesn't think he does everything like you theists believed.

So Pac saying "I believe I'm going to Heaven" is disbelief in an afterlife... or "doing good is being closer to ? and doing evil is being closer to the devil" is not theist?

Sounds pretty "theistic....

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

You should have thought before you asked this question....you saying the earth is only a few thousand years old?

never said the earth 4000 years old, come on mayne you just setting yourself up

I'd be setting myself up had I assumed that's what you thought but I didn't I asked first instead. That does wonders for not making an ass out yourself. The way you worded that question though isn't too bright though

catching feelings i say, u mad because i started my question for those who believe they came from Monkeys is that what this all about

Is catching feelings the automatic response when there's nothing else to say? Nobody who believes in evolution believes people came from monkey's so there's nothing for me to be mad about lol
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options

- We didn't come from monkeys

- There are many flaws with the human body

- The universe is in chaos.
  • Bodhi
    Options

Did I strike a nerve? Did I hurt your e-feelings? Calm down and smoke a blunt before you burst a vein from a stroke. It's evident you're not having any fun and didn't prove anything in here, but your regurgitation of scientific MIS-information doesn't deserve any merit because that's exactly what it is...misinformation and strictly ignorance.

Plus your argument a few pages back of me "hearing something that sounds good and repeating it" is laughable, when you're doing exactly that in this discussion from all the other so-called evolutionist-scientists. What I said not only "sounds good" but it's true.

I'm not a fish, nor an ape, I'm human. You're too busy "monkeying" around itching and scratch for something and trying to disapprove something you claim you don't believe fighting tooth and nail, are full of void and none totality so you debate, debate and debate 24/7 because all that claim of intellectual superiority doesn't really get you anywhere, otherwise you wouldn't be trying so hard.

The tireless debates of theists v. atheists promotes misery and I refuse to get caught up in any of psuedo-intellectual ? to put me in the state you're in now.

1. No feelings hurt here. What makes you believe I'm upset?
    2. You misunderstand my point. Repeating what you hear is not so bad as long as you understand it. That is how we learn from our teachers. My point was that you were repeatimg things without full understanding and the knowledge to defend your position.
    3. I agree that you are human, no argument there.
    4. You dont know enough about my personal life to decide whether or not I'm in any state of misery. I do enjoy a good debate so this conversation is not causing me to suffer but if you are unhappy, we can end it. It would be a waste of my time to prove to you how happy I am in my life just for arguments sake so I will leave that to your imagination.
    5. Do you have anything else to say about your greco roman argument or your evolution argument or are you going to continue to avoid my answer to them both?
  • Bodhi
    Options
    6. I never claimed intellectual superiority. You and I are equals.. We possess the same potential. My aim is to bring you closer to enlightenment and I believe that the ? concept was created out of ignorance and fear. My goal is to free you from those chains. If you believe that I am trying hard, so be it.. But it is with good intention, not born of misery or hate.
  • Bodhi
    Options
    7. If my scientific arguments are indeed misinformation and at their root ignorance, tell me how. That is all I ask of you.
  • ohhhla
    Options
    Pac was a deist.

So Pac saying "I believe I'm going to Heaven" is disbelief in an afterlife... or "doing good is being closer to ? and doing evil is being closer to the devil" is not theist?

Sounds pretty "theistic....

Did you listen to interview?

• waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BoldChild wrote: »

- We didn't come from monkeys

- There are many flaws with the human body

- The universe is in chaos.

flaws with the human body, ? i call your bluff

dont you know that this complex system that called our body follows a certain order that baffles the minds of the greatest scientist. THE HUMAN BODY have a Cooling system and a heating system

meaning with out the cooling system our body would overheat and we will die, with out the heating system our body temperature will drop and die.

what came first the cooling system or the heating system
This discussion has been closed.