Since when did blasphemy become the standard in hip hop?

Options

Comments

• Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    "In fact, the law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness." Hebrews 9:22

The law required that blood must be shed in order for forgiveness. Here is the OT law:

"For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul." Leviticus 17:11

The blood of Jesus Christ was the ultimate sacrifice that ? required for the salvation and redemption of man. ? demonstrated His love for humanity by dying for humanity. Love is an action verb, it's not a feeling. Therefore ? showed what love truly is by providing mankind a Savior. ? sacrificed His Son because He loved humanity.

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13

Love is why Jesus Christ is the ultimate and greatest sacrifice! Hallelujah! What a awesome ? He is! Praise His holy name forever and ever! Praise Him! Praise Him! Praise Him! Let everything that has breath praise ? !

If ? is all-knowing and all-powerful, there was no need for the death and ultimate sacrifice of jesus christ. Being all-wise and infinitely righteous, one would assume (and be correct) that forgiveness could come instantaneously without the need of blood sacrifice. Additionally, ? did not really "die" as he is a spirit (he created a human that allegedly sacrificed himself for the good of humanity -- therefore, Jesus is not actually ? ; he is a creation of ? just as any other being would be); all that was done was a magic/fire and light show to boost his ego and to get to what he could have done from the beginning; forgive without requirements to be forgiven or punishment, which is much more wise IMO. For ? to go through a process or means to reach an end shows that he is not completely omnipotent, for with a completely omnipotent being, there is no means to and end. Emotions such as anger and resentment, for an all-good and all-wise being, do not make sense.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    Lol @ these comments.

You got a ? ngga singin 'What's a ? to a non-believer' and yall bat not 1 eye?

lol Like i said...i can only worry about my own path, but i be damned if i dont see whats goin on

Since when was music always done from a 1st person perspective? ? keep dropping Jay's name and his songs when he's said multiple times he believes in ? ...even addresses it in Decoded where he states many times he believes in ?

Lmao Gtfoh with that copout

If Jay can simultaneously believe in ? but then say the ? he says, that's him. It all comes back to my point on not worrying about anyone else's path, but I WILL ACKNOWLEGDE WHAT I SEE.

Mind you, we not talkin rappers rapping about sin, b/c we all sinners- I'm talkin specifically about blasphemy

Dont insult my intelligence with that 'artistic expression' ?

So you're discussing the subject of religion in music, which is an art, but don't want to acknowledge that at times that very art is simply an expression of a thought or an idea...not a belief you may have, but an idea sparked by anything? That's not a good way to debate...Ask any artist, writer, painter, musician, etc...ANYTHING can spark a creative moment...from a simple word said to a random ass thought...rappers, the good ones, at the end of the day are writers...so any random convo can spark a song/lyric idea...doesn't mean what they write or record is what they believe, but sometimes you write ? not from your own perspective...saying that isn't a cop out, it's an truthful statement that not every writer is writing solely from their own experiences or thoughts...you grab ideas and concepts from all over...especially once you start traveling, studying, and being introduced to different cultures and schools of thought...

And for you, and some other posters to say you believe in ? , yet be so judgmental, dismissive, and downright insulting to those who either don't share your beliefs or questions them, it easily opens you up to being criticized as to how closely you're following the very beliefs you get on others for rejecting. Isn't ? about loving, unity, and togetherness? This thread got folks who say they believe in ? behaving and speaking in a very ungodly way to defend their beliefs...that's hypocrisy

'Music is an expression' has morphed into a catch-all to excuse all BS statements in hip hop. Lil Mouse's manager used 'music is expression' as the excuse to why an 8 yr old kid is talkin about killin folk. Please stop insulting my intelligence.

Plus, let me break this down for you:

Blasphemy-irreverence toward holy personages, religious artifacts, customs, and beliefs.
    irreverence-1. Lack of reverence or due respect. 2. A disrespectful act or remark

"Barrell in my apparel that can stop ? "-Jay Z (just 1 example)

THE REMARK ALONE IS BY DEFINITION BLASPHEMY! Whether he believes in ? or not! 'he just expressin art' ? outta here Lol

At what u said in bold, *yawn*- Goodness man, thats such a typical statement in a 'believer vs non-believer' argument. I say i believe, and it morphs into 'why you judgin , thats hypocrisy, blah blah'. What you expect me to coddle you into a believer? I said i am a Christian, its not my fault if perhaps you (and many) take that to mean 'they think they perfect- urgh, i'll prove them wrong'. No.

You believe what you want, I've given scripture in this thread, i've given examples, but i have not judged, i've only acknowlegded what i see. If my debating style is too dextrous for you my dude, well damn, I'm sorry Lmao

I haven't stated whether or not I believe in ? in this discussion, you're assuming I don't and once again wrong...I didn't mention one time being perfect or attempting to be perfect so once again you're assuming wrong...I know what blasphemy means...I went to Catholic school from K-10th grade so trust and believe if nothing else I HAD to study religion, the Bible, and what it means for years. It was the very basis of my education because that's how Catholic schools operate. Lil Mouse's manager, even though what that kid s rapping about shouldn't be allowed anywhere, is by definition an expression of whoever wrote those lyrics thoughts at the time they were writing them....never did say that the art was good, should be emulated, or even listened to but it fits the definition of it whether you like it or not. As far as the Jay-Z lyric you used, yeah by definition it's blasphemy, but again by sinning alone that's a lack of due respect for ? by doing something you know wouldn't sit right in his eyes so what puts you on a level to judge another person? You acknowledge what you see yet you ignore the numerous examples of Jay stating he believes in ? solely to further the argument that he doesn't? That's bad debating skills. That's the basis of my debate, nobody fit to judge anybody else, yet you and many other Christians of all denominations love to sit on a high horse and tell others what they're doing wrong. That by definition is not a Christian thing to do, but a thread was made based on doing just that.

1) I'm curious, are you young and possibly still in school? I ask b/c your whole argument is textbook. Why you bein so politically correct dawg lol its just us here

B/c lemme explain: You say you believe? Then why are you even bringing up freedom of expression? Does ? 's power not trump the first amendment? Then why would Jay Z's right to 'express himself' have any bearing on whether or not he has blasphemed.

And be clear: the argument is not 'does Jayz believe in ? "... the argument is has he blasphemed.

2) @bolded, you may not realizie, but you are being very cliche to how these 'debates' usually go: "I never SAID i didnt believe...i know ALL about the bible...Christians not supposed to judgeeee" Lol Again, this is not my first rodeo, so please bring something new to the table

But hold on, you gon ? this work:

3) Your whole argument falls flat on its face b/c you are mis-using the word JUDGE.

Look at the underlined above, YOU SAID : yeah by definition it's blasphemy

So you AGREE with what i said!...Are you, too, now judging him? No. You nor I have judged that man! We have identified a fact based on scripture: by definition, what he has done is considered blasphemy. What trips you, and many people up, is your mind may become defensive and say 'dont judge me' when all thats been made is a statement.

Judging a man= sayin 'He blasphemed, he goin to Hell'... 'Hey you, you better not blaspheme!'...i've done neither. I idenitifed a fact.

If i simply say "stealing is a sin", have i then judged all thieves??
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Religion is man made, you follow a mans words blindly, i question those words.

Hallelujah
  • Bodhi
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Edit to o.g. post @DoUwant2go2Heaven?

If ? is all-knowing and all-powerful, there was no need for the death and ultimate sacrifice of jesus christ. Being all-wise and infinitely righteous, one would assume (and be correct) that forgiveness could come instantaneously without the need of blood sacrifice. Additionally, ? did not really "die" as he is a spirit (he created a human that allegedly sacrificed himself for the good of humanity -- therefore, Jesus is not actually ? ; he is a creation of ? just as any other being would be); all that was done was a magic/fire and light show to boost his ego and to get to what he could have done from the beginning; forgive without requirements to be forgiven or punishment, which is much more wise IMO. For ? to go through a process or means to reach an end shows that he is not completely omnipotent, for with a completely omnipotent being, there is no means to and end. Also, emotions such as anger and resentment, for an all-good and all-wise being, do not make sense.
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Demarco27 wrote: »
    So if a ? don't "praise ? " in his acceptance speech, he's blasphemous? Is ? on the ? Grammy board? ? giving out BET and MTV awards?
    I think ? like Jay-z know religion has questions that can't be answered, and they play on that to keep people talking. Its like free publicity. Same as all that Illuminati ? . They do that ? so u pay attention to all their music and people eat it up.

Look @ the cover art for WTT. Cmon son. Its blatant. Im not religious so the ? dont bother me.
    What u think he meant "? all these fairytales"? he talkin about Biblical stories that are basically myths.

What was the Watch The Throne album cover about?

Here u go trollin. U misreadin my post. Im not advocating for one side or another, im just pointing out the intent.
    I could give a ? who u thank @ an award show. But i still notice the change.

As for the cover art on watch the throne, i take it as Jay n Ye making fun of Christianity cuz (as stated before) its the safest religion to attack.

I was just talkin with my girl this morning about something related. It's not just rap that ? on it. My ? said a lady at his Job was damn near on the verge of getting fired because she wore a Merry Christmas sweater to work last december. Talbout it was offending people that are non christians. There's also a guy from india that works there and he dont have to remove his turban for his relious purposes. I felt that was ? up but it really hit me that that's just a Mircrocausum of how far america has gone down the toilet. ? can come over here from another country and get his ? honored but a MF THAT'S FROM HERE can't wear a sweater? Santa That Offensive? I bet if that girl went to India and complained about they ? offending her they would laugh they ass off at her. Other countries dont let us come to they ? and try to run ? but this Counrty was built on christianity since the days of the 13 colonies and Now christians can't even be christians in they own counrty! It's ok for homosexuals to force they views on people, come out with albums called "Im ? " and we wanna let everybody from 5 percenters to devil worshipers express themselve and consumers be like "hey ..I dont give a ? , they gotta right to yada yada yada long as they music good or whatever". I just find that very weird but then again people that have read the bible front to back basically say this kinda stuff happens because they know the rapture is close and they shrug it off almost.
  • Bodhi
    edited November 2012
    Options
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    I was just talkin with my girl this morning about something related. It's not just rap that ? on it. My ? said a lady at his Job was damn near on the verge of getting fired because she wore a Merry Christmas sweater to work last december. Talbout it was offending people that are non christians. There's also a guy from india that works there and he dont have to remove his turban for his relious purposes. I felt that was ? up but it really hit me that that's just a Mircrocausum of how far america has gone down the toilet.

The difference is Christians aren't required to wear Christmas sweaters as some religions require men to wear turbans. The Christmas sweater lady would have a case in her favor if her job were to have her do something that compromises her religious conduct. Removing a sweater, unfortunately for her, does not.
  • Bodhi
    edited November 2012
    Options
    but this Counrty was built on christianity since the days of the 13 colonies and Now christians can't even be christians in they own counrty!

America was not "built on Christianity" nor around it. The founding fathers came from various backgrounds, some being deist, not specifically Christian. Neither in the constitution nor the d.o.i. is there any mention of Christianity in any shape or form.

Christians can in fact be Christians in their own country. Our president is a Christian, for example.
  • S2J
    Options
    So if a ? don't "praise ? " in his acceptance speech, he's blasphemous? Is ? on the ? Grammy board? ? giving out BET and MTV awards?
    I think ? like Jay-z know religion has questions that can't be answered, and they play on that to keep people talking. Its like free publicity. Same as all that Illuminati ? . They do that ? so u pay attention to all their music and people eat it up.

Look @ the cover art for WTT. Cmon son. Its blatant. Im not religious so the ? dont bother me.
    What u think he meant "? all these fairytales"? he talkin about Biblical stories that are basically myths.

What was the Watch The Throne album cover about?

Here u go trollin. U misreadin my post. Im not advocating for one side or another, im just pointing out the intent.
    I could give a ? who u thank @ an award show. But i still notice the change.

As for the cover art on watch the throne, i take it as Jay n Ye making fun of Christianity cuz (as stated before) its the safest religion to attack.

I was just talkin with my girl this morning about something related. It's not just rap that ? on it. My ? said a lady at his Job was damn near on the verge of getting fired because she wore a Merry Christmas sweater to work last december. Talbout it was offending people that are non christians. There's also a guy from india that works there and he dont have to remove his turban for his relious purposes. I felt that was ? up but it really hit me that that's just a Mircrocausum of how far america has gone down the toilet. ? can come over here from another country and get his ? honored but a MF THAT'S FROM HERE can't wear a sweater? These days santa claus more offensive than a white man with a Swastica tat? I bet if that girl went to india and complained about they ? offending her they would laugh they ass off at her. Other countries dont let us come to they ? and try to run ? but this Counrty was built on christianity since the days of the 13 colonies and Now christians can't even be christians in they own counrty! It's ok for homosexuals to force they views on people and we wanna let everybody from 5 percenters to devil worshipers to express themselve and be like"hey I dont give a ? , they gotta right to yada yada yada long as they music good or whatever". I just find that very weird but then again people that have read the bible front to back basically say this kinda stuff happens because they know the rapture is close and they shrug it off almost.

Preach. And @ the bolded, its the normalization of deviance.

Things have slowly...slowly...slowly gone wayward that now it's ingrained in people to essentially ? . Everything goes!

'Oh nah, nah, he not blasphemin he expressin himself!' Lol & smh
  • DR. JEK
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I was just talkin with my girl this morning about something related. It's not just rap that ? on it. My ? said a lady at his Job was damn near on the verge of getting fired because she wore a Merry Christmas sweater to work last december. Talbout it was offending people that are non christians. There's also a guy from india that works there and he dont have to remove his turban for his relious purposes. I felt that was ? up but it really hit me that that's just a Mircrocausum of how far america has gone down the toilet.

The difference is Christians aren't required to wear Christmas sweaters as some religions require men to wear turbans. The Christmas sweater lady would have a case in her favor if her job were to have her do something that compromises her religious conduct. Removing a sweater, unfortunately for her, does not.

I get that difference homie, but requirement or not.... why would you respect one ? 's ? but not the other's if you are the supervisor? seems very bias. If workers were like "Hey get that taliban looking ? outta here, Im afraid for my life after 911" That guy can sue the ? outta them but what Im saying is a christian should have the same rights to be offended by having to remove something as somebody from another religion would be for removing they ? . Either you gonna shut it all down or let it all go but dont make it obvious that you're bias as a company by letting one thing go and shuttin another thing down completely

• Bodhi
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Also, it's a difference between "forcing your views on somebody" and fighting for equality and your rights as a human being. I have no problem with homosexuals or devil worshippers who want to live the life they live because I am free to live my own as you are also. If we travel back in time, we could probably find whites who claimed that blacks were "forcing their views" on them during the civil rights movement. No one can force their views on anybody as long as that anybody will not allow them to. Everyone has a right to free speech and free expression to some extent.
  • Bodhi
    Options
    I get that difference homie, but requirement or not.... why would you respect one ? 's ? but not the other's if you are the supervisor? seems very bias. If workers were like "Hey get that taliban looking ? outta here, Im afraid for my life after 911" That guy can sue the ? outta them but what Im saying is a christian should have the same rights to be offended by having to remove something as somebody from another religion would be for removing they ? . Either you gonna shut it all down or let it all go but dont make it obvious that you're bias as a company by letting one thing go and shuttin another thing down completely

As a company, you cannot discriminate against any religious codes and conducts. Wearing Christmas sweaters is not religious code/conduct. If any other religious person aside from Christianity were to bring something to work that does not fall under code/conduct, the company is free to have that person remove the item. If Christians were required by their religion to wear sweaters, they would be protected.
  • Bodhi
    Options
    My shift is over. I'll catch ya'll later
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cobbland wrote: »
    Worth reading:
    To designate March 26, 1991, as `Education Day, U.S.A.'. (Enrolled Bill)

--H.J.Res.104--

H.J.Res.104

One Hundred Second Congress of the United States of America

AT THE FIRST SESSION

Begun and held at the City of Washington on Thursday, the third day of January,

one thousand nine hundred and ninety-one

Joint Resolution

To designate March 26, 1991, as `Education Day, U.S.A.'.

Whereas Congress recognizes the historical tradition of ethical values and principles which are the basis of civilized society and upon which our great Nation was founded;

Whereas these ethical values and principles have been the bedrock of society from the dawn of civilization, when they were known as the Seven Noahide Laws;

Whereas without these ethical values and principles the edifice of civilization stands in serious peril of returning to chaos;

Whereas society is profoundly concerned with the recent weakening of these principles that has resulted in crises that beleaguer and threaten the fabric of civilized society;

Whereas the justified preoccupation with these crises must not let the citizens of this Nation lose sight of their responsibility to transmit these historical ethical values from our distinguished past to the generations of the future;

Whereas the Lubavitch movement has fostered and promoted these ethical values and principles throughout the world;

Whereas Rabbi Menachem Mendel Schneerson, leader of the Lubavitch movement, is universally respected and revered and his eighty-ninth birthday falls on March 26, 1991;

Whereas in tribute to this great spiritual leader, `the rebbe', this, his ninetieth year will be seen as one of `education and giving', the year in which we turn to education and charity to return the world to the moral and ethical values contained in the Seven Noahide Laws; and

Whereas this will be reflected in an international scroll of honor signed by the President of the United States and other heads of state: Now, therefore, be it

Resolved by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled, That March 26, 1991, the start of the ninetieth year of Rabbi Menachem Schneerson, leader of the worldwide Lubavitch movement, is designated as `Education Day, U.S.A.'. The President is requested to issue a proclamation calling upon the people of the United States to observe such day with appropriate ceremonies and activities.

Speaker of the House of Representatives.

Vice President of the United States and

President of the Senate.

http://www.public-action.com/x/nh-hjr104/
    In 1991, the American Jewish community was sufficiently influential to have the US Congress declare the Noahide Laws of the Talmud to be the basis "upon which our great Nation was founded." (6)

In 1999, the American Jewish community was sufficiently influential to have an amicus brief accepted by the US Supreme Court. The brief was based wholly on Talmudic law. (See Sentence and Execution, URL in footnote (22))

In 2002, the American Jewish community was sufficiently influential to arrange to use the US Supreme Court building as a banquet hall to serve a kosher dinner. The occasion marked the founding of the National Institute for Judaic Law. (16) The Institute has the stated purpose of injecting Talmudic law into American law and society. Two hundred people, including three Supreme Court Justices, attended. There is no doubt that those who arranged the dinner have great influence.

And yet these same influential Americans have overlooked a simple, fundamental step in their campaign to bring the Talmud to America. The Jewish leadership has not arranged for copies of the famous rabbi-approved, uncensored, Soncino Talmud to be placed on the shelves in public libraries throughout the US. (See Kudos for Soncino.)

http://www.come-and-hear.com/editor/censorship_1.html
    Chabad messianism, or Lubavitch messianism,[1] is a spectrum of beliefs within the Hasidic movement of Chabad-Lubavitch regarding their late leader Rabbi Menachem Mendel Schneerson and his purported status as the Messiah.[2] While some believe that he died but will return as the Messiah,[3] others believe that he is merely "hidden." A very small minority believe that he has ? -like powers,[4][5] or is the "creator"[6] while a small few negate the idea that he is the Messiah entirely. The prevalence of these views within the movement is disputed,[7][8][9][10][11] though very few will openly say that Schneerson cannot be the Messiah.[7]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chabad_messianism

The Israeli Supreme Court Building

800px-Elyon.JPG
    ulam.jpg

The five courtrooms are similar in architectural structure, but different in size and interior design. The courtrooms were inspired by ancient synagogues during the Talmudic period (200 C.E. - 600 C.E.) and by various historical periods in the Middle East.. The courtrooms are illuminated primarily by natural light from skylights, which creates a pleasant atmosphere.

http://elyon1.court.gov.il/eng/siyur/ulam.html
    http://elyon1.court.gov.il/eng/siyur/odot.html
    The Pyramid-The Library
    sifriya1.jpg
    This area is the formal entrance to the building and is therefore called “the gatehouse.” The Pyramid, which is the center of the area, is an architectural representation of the Second Temple period, inspired by Zechariah’s Tomb and Absalom’s Pillar located in the Yehoshafat Valley in Jerusalem. The Pyramid is surrounded by a three-story law library . The three floors of the library serve three groups of people: the work area on the first floor is for lawyers and law clerks; the second floor is for sitting justices; the third floor is for retired justices.

The library is situated in “the gatehouse,” the most central place in the building, in order to emphasize the importance and primacy of the law volumes. These books express the legal traditions of justice, wisdom and culture of many nations of the world.

In the library, as elsewhere in the building, the abstract values of law and justice are represented by geometric shapes inspired by biblical metaphors. The straight line, which symbolizes a direct path, represents the concepts of “law” and “truth.” The concept of justice is represented by circles found throughout the building and expressed in the passage of the Book of Psalms, “He guideth me in the circles of justice for the sake of His name,” (Psalms 23:3).
    http://elyon1.court.gov.il/eng/siyur/sifriya.html
    The building was donated to Israel by Dorothy de Rothschild.[5] Outside the President's Chamber is displayed the letter Ms Rothschild wrote to Prime Minister Shimon Peres expressing her intention to donate a new building for the Supreme Court.[6]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supreme_Court_of_Israel
    6-23-2009-3-27-02-PM.jpg
    Painting at the entrance of the Supreme Court – The Rothschilds with Shimon Perez and Isaac Rabin
    http://vigilantcitizen.com/sinistersites/sinister-sites-israel-supreme-court/
    "Truth will spring up from the earth and justice will look down from the heavens." So wrote the Psalmist when speaking of the coming of an age dominated by righteousness, and this ancient dream of the Israelites is the theme around which was built the modern Israeli Supreme Court building, the highest house of justice in the Jewish state. It is a conscious attempt to live up to the Jewish people's venerable hope for unflinching righteousness.

http://www.gojerusalem.com/discover/item_138/Supreme-Court

• hiphop12345
    hiphop12345 Members Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DOESNT MATTER WHAT THEY BELIEVE IN, WE ALL ARE STILL GODS CHILDREN

Matthew 5:45
    45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

THEY MAY NOT ACKOWLEGE HIM, BUT THERE PROSPERITY COMES FROM ?

Do you remember this when you go to your barber or do you just cherry pick your bible verses?

Ye shall not round the corners of your heads, neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard

Leviticus 19:27

Lol @ these comments.

You got a ? ngga singin 'What's a ? to a non-believer' and yall bat not 1 eye?

lol Like i said...i can only worry about my own path, but i be damned if i dont see whats goin on
    and you got these ? guys telling ? is everything. What's your point, you think there isn't tstraight people who don't believe in the ? (s) delusion?

There's all sorts of wild ? in the Bible...like the verse that states a woman needs to ask permission to speak in the presence of men lol...
    and you notice these guys are avoiding that verse like the plague. Something as simple as that verse which is just as silly but not as horrible as other writings in the Bible like the one you brought up and so many others.

If you're a man of Character your women will follow your lead and still be they own individual.

The Bible writers didn't even know the earth is not flat. O my bad, I'm sure that's just a snare and trap to get people like me(use common sense) to burn for eternity(Damn not a year, or 5 or 20 but forever? Forever ever?)

DoUwant2go2Heaven? those verse don't mean anything.

Your posting verses from the Old Covenant. The law. A law that was given to the nation of Israel. A law that even they couldn't keep. If you live under the law and break even 1 of the 613 laws contained in it, you were guilty of breaking the whole law and thus under a curse. For cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them. So if you want to live under the law be my guest!

But thank ? for the LORD JESUS CHRIST!

Why? Because:

"Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: 14That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith." Galatians 3:13-14

Hallelujah!

Matthew 5:17.

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.

^^Jesus saying he didnt change the law and of course:

For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.-Malachi 3:6

^^Here's your ? saying he never change. So he's either a lair or realize he was wrong which doesn't

If you read the whole verse of Matthew 5:17 it tells you at the end what He did with the law, He fulfilled the law. How did He do it? By keeping the whole law! He never sinned! Thus Jesus Christ became the passover lamb. The sins of humanity was placed upon Him because He had no sin in Himself. Thus ? shed His blood so that all who come to Him by faith can be forgiven of their sins forever.

And yes ? doesn't change. Jesus Christ the same yesterday, today, and forever. And because that is the case, sin MUST be paid for. ? provided the payment for sin through His Son, Jesus Christ. His sinless, pure, and holy blood was shed for the remission of sins for all who believe. But if you will not accept the sacrifice of Jesus Christ on your behalf, you must pay your sin debt on the day of judgment. And all accounts will be paid in full without partiality, leniency, or bribery. Read Revelation 20:11-15. Amen.
    Nah ? the laws didn't change. Also why in the world would the killing of a man who knew he was going to comeback because he's immortal be considered a great sacrifice or a sacrifice at all?

ShiveDreadz, I think this guy really believe the stuff he writes.

"In fact, the law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness." Hebrews 9:22

The law required that blood must be shed in order for forgiveness. Here is the OT law:

"For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul." Leviticus 17:11

The blood of Jesus Christ was the ultimate sacrifice that ? required for the salvation and redemption of man. ? demonstrated His love for humanity by dying for humanity. Love is an action verb, it's not a feeling. Therefore ? showed what love truly is by providing mankind a Savior. ? sacrificed His Son because He loved humanity.

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13

Love is why Jesus Christ is the ultimate and greatest sacrifice! Hallelujah! What a awesome ? He is! Praise His holy name forever and ever! Praise Him! Praise Him! Praise Him! Let everything that has breath praise ? !

If only blood was required then couldn't Jesus just cut his palm and call it a day? Or how about cutting off a limb, at least he would have been a ? for 40+ years instead of dying know
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I guess my issue is these ? will disrespect christianity/? all day but NEVER say anything slightly disrespectful towards ? . If they DO say anything that might be considered disrespectful they rush to apologizin to ? . Its like the roles have been switched and ? worshipping ? now. SMH

nh. @ wanting to be treated like ? people
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    @s2jepeka

1. No I'm not in school but yes I did finish and have my degree, I'm not old but not young...I'm in my late 20's. When i speak of freedom of expression I'm not talking in the legal sense or what's written in the constitution...guess I wrongly assumed you could decipher that on your own given the nature of the conversation. I'm not being politically correct. It's really not a wild concept to think that people can say all sorts of things, even contradictory things. You've done so in this very thread defending ? yet openly using language that he condemns.
    2. It may be cliche, but it's the truth...your response indicated something that wasn't true and I corrected you on it...you were wrong on that plain and simple.
    3. My argument doesn't fall flat, you may not agree but just because you don't agree doesn't mean it falls flat. I don't agree with what you said talkng about you see what's going in, questioning somebody's belief in ? when they've openly stated the opposite. You say you're separating the action from the person in saying something is a statement vs. an accusation against somebody's character, but you running around misinterpreting song lyrics and wrongly calling people non-believers...what is Christian like about that? isn't that a judgement? What is Christian like about shunning someone else's interpretation of ? simply because it doesn't fall directly in line with yours? Your first statement was you only worried about your own path, which you should be, yet you're very involved in calling out the actions that others commit on their path...
  • hiphop12345
    Options
    ReppinTime wrote: »
    The Bible writers didn't even know the earth is not flat.

"? sits above the circle of the earth. The people below seem like grasshoppers to him! He spreads out the heavens like a curtain and makes his tent from them."-Isaiah 40:22

Womp.

Take your dumb ? to the social lounge you clown.
    The Earth isn't a circle you first grade idiot, plus that verse doesn't disprove my comment. It actually strengthen my comment.
  • S2J
    Options
    @s2jepeka

1. No I'm not in school but yes I did finish and have my degree, I'm not old but not young...I'm in my late 20's. When i speak of freedom of expression I'm not talking in the legal sense or what's written in the constitution...guess I wrongly assumed you could decipher that on your own given the nature of the conversation. I'm not being politically correct. It's really not a wild concept to think that people can say all sorts of things, even contradictory things. You've done so in this very thread defending ? yet openly using language that he condemns.
    2. It may be cliche, but it's the truth...your response indicated something that wasn't true and I corrected you on it...you were wrong on that plain and simple.
    3. My argument doesn't fall flat, you may not agree but just because you don't agree doesn't mean it falls flat. I don't agree with what you said talkng about you see what's going in, questioning somebody's belief in ? when they've openly stated the opposite. You say you're separating the action from the person in saying something is a statement vs. an accusation against somebody's character, but you running around misinterpreting song lyrics and wrongly calling people non-believers...what is Christian like about that? isn't that a judgement? What is Christian like about shunning someone else's interpretation of ? simply because it doesn't fall directly in line with yours? Your first statement was you only worried about your own path, which you should be, yet you're very involved in calling out the actions that others commit on their path...

@ bolded, You right, I misinterpretted 'barrel in my apparel can stop ? ". It could be allegory, clearly i jumped to conclusions

@ underlined, you right again, when @ShiveDread said 'I dont believe in havin imaginary friends' i had no right to assume tht meant he doesn believe in ? ...what wa i thinking

But real talk, @DoUwant says A LOT, so much so that yall might not catch it, but he's TALKIN to you us right now!:
    Cats would rather LOOK for reasons to excuse the behavior, than to accept what these people (Kanye, Jay, etc.) are telling you in plain english, broad day.

"When a man shows you who he is, believe him"

Open your eyes people.

Amen.

"For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he."
    Proverbs 23:7

The tongue reveals who a person truly is. What we say is a reflection of who we really are.

"But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man. 19For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies."
    Matthew 15:18-19

The King of the Universe, Jesus Christ, just said in the above passage of scripture that "blasphemies" come out of the heart.

^^^ How does this not end the whole argument? Is that not what we talkin bout?!?!

You so focused on the flaws of the messenger (as if thats supposed to deter me) that you not hearin the message! If we waited for a perfect person to come along to tell us right, we'd never hear any enlightenment!

Quite frankly I don't understand what point of view you're even coming from. If a man sins, are you helpin him by not poiting out THE SIN itself? Is sparing my feelings when i sin helping me in the long run? Let me stop, you are not hearing me

• blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No emotions come from the heart...the heart is just a blood pump.

And people trying to live their lives by this ? ?

Btw s2j you made your points you are wasting your time going back and forth with blackrain. A dude could say he believed in ? and believe man is ? for instance.

Not taking sides regarding yall mini debate but it is what it is.
  • DR. JEK
    Options

As a company, you cannot discriminate against any religious codes and conducts. Wearing Christmas sweaters is not religious code/conduct. If any other religious person aside from Christianity were to bring something to work that does not fall under code/conduct, the company is free to have that person remove the item. If Christians were required by their religion to wear sweaters, they would be protected.

dont give me that ? man, if you got a warehouse Job where there is no specific dress code until a christmas sweater is worn, I dont think that's right. Somebody shouldn't be on the verge of gettin firewd because they celibrate christmas. If you dont think that's ridiculous then I smh @ you.

• hiphop12345
    Options
    Shive I didn't think a troll would go through so much just to troll. I'm done with that character. Good looking out
    No emotions come from the heart...the heart is just a blood pump.

And people trying to live their lives by this ? ?

• blackrain
    Options
    @s2jepeka

@ bolded, You right, I misinterpretted 'barrel in my apparel can stop ? ". It could be allegory, clearly i jumped to conclusions

@ underlined, you right again, when @ShiveDread said 'I dont believe in havin imaginary friends' i had no right to assume tht meant he doesn believe in ? ...what wa i thinking

But real talk, @DoUwant says A LOT, so much so that yall might not catch it, but he's TALKIN to you us right now!:
    Cats would rather LOOK for reasons to excuse the behavior, than to accept what these people (Kanye, Jay, etc.) are telling you in plain english, broad day.

"When a man shows you who he is, believe him"

Open your eyes people.

Amen.

"For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he."
    Proverbs 23:7

The tongue reveals who a person truly is. What we say is a reflection of who we really are.

"But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man. 19For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies."
    Matthew 15:18-19

The King of the Universe, Jesus Christ, just said in the above passage of scripture that "blasphemies" come out of the heart.

^^^ How does this not end the whole argument? Is that not what we talkin bout?!?!

You so focused on the flaws of the messenger (as if thats supposed to deter me) that you not hearin the message! If we waited for a perfect person to come along to tell us right, we'd never hear any enlightenment!

Quite frankly I don't understand what point of view you're even coming from. If a man sins, are you helpin him by not poiting out THE SIN itself? Is sparing my feelings when i sin helping me in the long run? Let me stop, you are not hearing me

The original argument was whether or not they believe in ? ...you and some others doubted that belief and were proven wrong by that man's own words and what he believes in his heart. If what we say is a reflection of who we are, then Jay saying he believes in ? pretty much defeats any argument saying he doesn't...so yeah it does end the argument because it supplies the evidence suggested. As for what Shiv Dreads said, for one that has nothing to do with what me and you are discussing, but even if it did why would you even allow someone else to lower ? to be an imaginary friend? That ? don't even register to be associated with ? in my mind, especially knowing it's being said to get a reaction out of you which you easily supplied. Now that same man has also committed the act of blasphemy but what you strongly hint at and what others have blatantly said is that committing that 1 act all of a sudden turns a person into someone whose evil and a non believer.

That's what I'm disagreeing with. One act or statement, hell even a collective few of them, doesn't define a person's entire life view. I don't care about the flaws of the messenger so long as they can deliver the message right...It's not about sparing the feelings of the sinner, it's about not putting yourself on such a high horse that you can point the flaws of the sinner without recognizing and acknowledging the flaws in yourself, which you've ignored in all of my responses thus further proving my point that you're more focused on pointing out what others are doing wrong than correcting what you need to be doing right according to the very words you say you believe in.

• blackrain
    Options

dont give me that ? man, if you got a warehouse Job where there is no specific dress code until a christmas sweater is worn, I dont think that's right. Somebody shouldn't be on the verge of gettin firewd because they celibrate christmas. If you dont think that's ridiculous then I smh @ you.

It's ridiculous in a sense, but you're not getting fired for celebrating christmas. A Christmas sweater isn't a religion symbol, it's a fashion symbol that it's December. Nativity scene=religious...egg nog=not religious.
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I know the bible says beware false prophets and false teachers!
    False prophets and teachers will condemn the true servants of ? !
    wolves in sheeps clothing!
    You gotta feed them milk before steak!
    You got them trying to set up, lay snares,discredit and before the real even speak!
    You got gayz trying to preach a perverted twisted gospel!
    You think these new false teachers are easy to detect you have to pay attention to what they say you gotta know the Word or they'll twist it and have you under a false ministry,they will use munipulation and if you aint grounded you could be decieved!
  • hiphop12345
    Options
    Ear2DaSt wrote: »
    I know the bible says beware false prophets and false teachers!
    False prophets and teachers will condemn the true servants of ? !
    wolves in sheeps clothing!
    You gotta feed them milk before steak!
    You got them trying to set up, lay snares,discredit and before the real even speak!
    You got gayz trying to preach a perverted twisted gospel!
    You think these new false teachers are easy to detect you have to pay attention to what they say you gotta know the Word or they'll twist it and have you under a false ministry,they will use munipulation and if you aint grounded you could be decieved!
    Qur'an says the same thing, so other religious text also though most weren't as insecure as the Abraham ? /religion.
This discussion has been closed.