Since when did blasphemy become the standard in hip hop?

Options

Comments

• DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

BlackAX410 wrote: »
    "I'm moving past you even when I use the bathroom/ wiping my ass with pages from the Book of Matthew" - Big Pun.

"Verbal assassin my architect pleases, when I was 12 I went to Hell for snuffing Jesus" - Nas.

"I'm taking lives for a great price/ I'm the type to snap in Heaven with a Mac 11 and ? Christ" - Big L.

"Hail Mary? ? her, I never knew her/ I'll probably screw her and throw the body in the sewer" - Biggie.

"I need a funeral to fill and I'm hoping it's yours/ think he religious? heard he got shot in the cross" - Styles.

"Slapbox with Jesus, lick shots at Joseph" - Ghostface

Etc, etc,

There has always been examples of blasphemy, especially from NY/NJ rappers. But quite frankly.. Idgaf, lol.

3 of the 6 know for sure that there is ? who lives. Amen.

which 3? name names lls

Big L = dead
    Big Pun = dead
    Biggie= dead

"And as it is appointed to men once to die, but after this the judgment:"
    Hebrews 9:27

All their rhymes mean nothing now. ? have mercy.

You still breathing though, so you don't even know if ? truly exists...you saying Biggie came back and dropped a freestyle telling you about ? ? lol

I do know that ? exists from personal experience and personal revelation. Only fools deny the existence of ? .

My point in the previous post was that all those who die understand completely who is the only sovereign, true, and omnipotent King of the universe.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    Demarco27 wrote: »
    So if a ? don't "praise ? " in his acceptance speech, he's blasphemous? Is ? on the ? Grammy board? ? giving out BET and MTV awards?
    I think ? like Jay-z know religion has questions that can't be answered, and they play on that to keep people talking. Its like free publicity. Same as all that Illuminati ? . They do that ? so u pay attention to all their music and people eat it up.

Look @ the cover art for WTT. Cmon son. Its blatant. Im not religious so the ? dont bother me.
    What u think he meant "? all these fairytales"? he talkin about Biblical stories that are basically myths.

What was the Watch The Throne album cover about?

Here u go trollin. U misreadin my post. Im not advocating for one side or another, im just pointing out the intent.
    I could give a ? who u thank @ an award show. But i still notice the change.

As for the cover art on watch the throne, i take it as Jay n Ye making fun of Christianity cuz (as stated before) its the safest religion to attack.

You didn't answer my question. What was the album cover about? What on that metallic ass cover says "roflmaoz @ christians teehehehe"?

Baphomet is on the cover.

Even if this stupid ? was true, what purpose does it serve? I mean, if people are seriously deserting their religious beliefs and foundation simply because of an album cover's ability to be interpreted in multiple ways, they were weak as ? to begin with and would have "lost their faith/religion" anyway...you CHOOSE to not believe in ? or they don't...can't nobody take your beliefs away from you no matter how many times you see Jay-Z pop an Ace of Spades bottle open or see Kanye in a leather dress

He asked a question I answered it. ? said that those who lose their faith in Him (for whatever reason) did so because they were made manifest that they were never really true believers to begin with.

"They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us." 1 John 2:19

Also, in the last days ? said that before Christ returns 2 things must come to pass before that glorious day happens.

1. Is the forsaking of the faith i.e. apostasy

2. Is the revealing of the antichrist.

"1Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, 2That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. 3Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;"
    2 Thessalonians 2:1-3

So people denying the faith or losing their faith in Christ only confirms what ? said would happen anyways. Prophecy is being fulfilled. Amen.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yo i got a lot of religious family members dat "last days" ? has been thrown around way too much eva since 06 let ? live man lol
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited November 2012
    Options

"I'm moving past you even when I use the bathroom/ wiping my ass with pages from the Book of Matthew" - Big Pun.

"Verbal assassin my architect pleases, when I was 12 I went to Hell for snuffing Jesus" - Nas.

"I'm taking lives for a great price/ I'm the type to snap in Heaven with a Mac 11 and ? Christ" - Big L.

"Hail Mary? ? her, I never knew her/ I'll probably screw her and throw the body in the sewer" - Biggie.

"I need a funeral to fill and I'm hoping it's yours/ think he religious? heard he got shot in the cross" - Styles.

Etc, etc,

There has always been examples of blasphemy, especially from NY/NJ rappers. But quite frankly.. Idgaf, lol.

which 3? name names lls

Big L = dead
    Big Pun = dead
    Biggie= dead

You still breathing though, so you don't even know if ? truly exists...you saying Biggie came back and dropped a freestyle telling you about ? ? lol

I do know that ? exists from personal experience and personal revelation. Only fools deny the existence of ? .

My point in the previous post was that all those who die understand completely who is the only sovereign, true, and omnipotent King of the universe.

And I'm saying regardless of whether you believe or not if death is the only way to be sure unless you're typing from the grave you don't have 100% proof that ? does or doesn't exist...so you just guessing and hoping you right like we all are regardless of what we believe in
  • blackrain
    Options
    yo i got a lot of religious family members dat "last days" ? has been thrown around way too much eva since 06 let ? live man lol

06? ? if you read the Bible the last days has being predicted for thousands of years now...every year is the "last year" and "? 's day of reckoning"
  • BlackAX410
    Options

06? ? if you read the Bible the last days has being predicted for thousands of years now...every year is the "last year" and "? 's day of reckoning"

06 was just da year where they took it too far especially wit da June 6,06/ 666 ? lol i remember people handin me papers bout preparing for ? to come back nd all dat ? nd dat may 21st ? from a year or 2 ago its like damn bad things been happening for years but when sumthin bad happens now its " its the last days" "this generation is hopeless" "the apocolypse is comin" " u can see seasons changin" im like gtfoh nd let us live our life lls
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    December 21st is running this rap ? ..
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    Lol @ these comments.

You got a ? ngga singin 'What's a ? to a non-believer' and yall bat not 1 eye?

lol Like i said...i can only worry about my own path, but i be damned if i dont see whats goin on

Since when was music always done from a 1st person perspective? ? keep dropping Jay's name and his songs when he's said multiple times he believes in ? ...even addresses it in Decoded where he states many times he believes in ?

Lmao Gtfoh with that copout

If Jay can simultaneously believe in ? but then say the ? he says, that's him. It all comes back to my point on not worrying about anyone else's path, but I WILL ACKNOWLEGDE WHAT I SEE.

Mind you, we not talkin rappers rapping about sin, b/c we all sinners- I'm talkin specifically about blasphemy

Dont insult my intelligence with that 'artistic expression' ?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options

Etc, etc,

which 3? name names lls

Big L = dead
    Big Pun = dead
    Biggie= dead

And I'm saying regardless of whether you believe or not if death is the only way to be sure unless you're typing from the grave you don't have 100% proof that ? does or doesn't exist...so you just guessing and hoping you right like we all are regardless of what we believe in

I wasn't saying that death is the only way to know for sure that ? exists. I was saying that once somebody dies, whether they were an atheist, agnostic, or believer, the reality of ? will be made known to all. For those who believed they will receive the welcome that they knew was waiting for them all along, and for those who didn't well their hope, expectation, and desire will perish.

As for me I can name you 3 reasons why I know that ? exists:

1. He saved me from certain death. When that happened he manifested Himself to me in a way that only ? can.

2. Since the day that i was saved, I walk in constant communion and fellowship with Him. Day in and day out ? confirms to me that He exists and that He rewards those who diligently seek Him.

3. The resurrection of Jesus Christ. The only one who conquered death and the grave forever, is the only who has given me new life in Him. Because He did what He did, death no longer has a sting to it. It's only a comma for the believer, not a period. Amen!
  • blackrain
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Lol @ these comments.

lol Like i said...i can only worry about my own path, but i be damned if i dont see whats goin on

Since when was music always done from a 1st person perspective? ? keep dropping Jay's name and his songs when he's said multiple times he believes in ? ...even addresses it in Decoded where he states many times he believes in ?

Lmao Gtfoh with that copout

If Jay can simultaneously believe in ? but then say the ? he says, that's him. It all comes back to my point on not worrying about anyone else's path, but I WILL ACKNOWLEGDE WHAT I SEE.

Mind you, we not talkin rappers rapping about sin, b/c we all sinners- I'm talkin specifically about blasphemy

Dont insult my intelligence with that 'artistic expression' ?

So you're discussing the subject of religion in music, which is an art, but don't want to acknowledge that at times that very art is simply an expression of a thought or an idea...not a belief you may have, but an idea sparked by anything? That's not a good way to debate...Ask any artist, writer, painter, musician, etc...ANYTHING can spark a creative moment...from a simple word said to a random ass thought...rappers, the good ones, at the end of the day are writers...so any random convo can spark a song/lyric idea...doesn't mean what they write or record is what they believe, but sometimes you write ? not from your own perspective...saying that isn't a cop out, it's an truthful statement that not every writer is writing solely from their own experiences or thoughts...you grab ideas and concepts from all over...especially once you start traveling, studying, and being introduced to different cultures and schools of thought...

And for you, and some other posters to say you believe in ? , yet be so judgmental, dismissive, and downright insulting to those who either don't share your beliefs or questions them, it easily opens you up to being criticized as to how closely you're following the very beliefs you get on others for rejecting. Isn't ? about loving, unity, and togetherness? This thread got folks who say they believe in ? behaving and speaking in a very ungodly way to defend their beliefs...that's hypocrisy
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cats would rather LOOK for reasons to excuse the behavior, than to accept what these people (Kanye, Jay, etc.) are telling you in plain english, broad day.

"When a man shows you who he is, believe him"

Open your eyes people.
  • hiphop12345
    hiphop12345 Members Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DOESNT MATTER WHAT THEY BELIEVE IN, WE ALL ARE STILL GODS CHILDREN

Matthew 5:45
    45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

THEY MAY NOT ACKOWLEGE HIM, BUT THERE PROSPERITY COMES FROM ?

Do you remember this when you go to your barber or do you just cherry pick your bible verses?

Ye shall not round the corners of your heads, neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard

Leviticus 19:27

Lol @ these comments.

and you got these ? guys telling ? is everything. What's your point, you think there isn't tstraight people who don't believe in the ? (s) delusion?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited November 2012
    Options

06 was just da year where they took it too far especially wit da June 6,06/ 666 ? lol i remember people handin me papers bout preparing for ? to come back nd all dat ? nd dat may 21st ? from a year or 2 ago its like damn bad things been happening for years but when sumthin bad happens now its " its the last days" "this generation is hopeless" "the apocolypse is comin" " u can see seasons changin" im like gtfoh nd let us live our life lls

A proper perspective is needed my brother. Blackrain was right. The last days have been around since the resurrection of Jesus Christ. In the eyes of ? 1 day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years is like 1 day. So if we have the mind of Christ dwelling in is, we understand that the fulfillment of Gods plan and purpose for humanity is almost here. The resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead highlighted that fact. The resurrection fulfilled the promise ? gave to mankind in the Garden of Eden, when He judged satan and told Him that a Savior was coming to crush his head. Thus, the only thing left now is to usher in Gods kingdom which will be consummated at the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ. Hallelujah!
  • hiphop12345
    edited November 2012
    Options

and people in India believe in they gods and the Greeks knew they gods exist, and the Mayans were certain. Do you see the trend?

Even if ? came to you in the flesh that's still not proof for anybody else.

Only fools say only fools deny the existence of something they themselves can prove.

So people denying the faith or losing their faith in Christ only confirms what ? said would happen anyways. Prophecy is being fulfilled. Amen.
    People said the same thing 1000 years ago, 2000 years ago, 3000 years ago, etc. You think your time is so special because you're in it ? ? What about the Millions of people dead who thought the christ was going to return in they life time? You trying to push that Armageddon ? without facts, you gonna try to tell a person from China who just joined the 300 million+ middle class that this is the worst of times?

? outta here with that ? .
  • blackrain
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Cats would rather LOOK for reasons to excuse the behavior, than to accept what these people (Kanye, Jay, etc.) are telling you in plain english, broad day.

Open your eyes people.

If you go by what they tell you, this thread would have never been made because Jay and Kanye both have stated many times they believe in ? ...you looking for reasons to question them and their beliefs when they giving you the answers already...Jay done came out numerous times and said he believes in ? yet people still keep saying he doesn't...why keep answering a question if you know the answer will never be good enough to some people?
  • BlackAX410
    Options

A proper perspective is needed my brother. Blackrain was right. The last days have been around since the resurrection of Jesus Christ. In the eyes of ? 1 day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years is like 1 day. So if we have the mind of Christ dwelling in is, we understand that the fulfillment of Gods plan and purpose for humanity is almost here. The resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead highlighted that fact. The resurrection fulfilled the promise ? gave to mankind in the Garden of Eden, when He judged satan and told Him that a Savior was coming to crush his head. Thus, the only thing left know is to usher in Gods kingdom which will be consummated at the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ. Hallelujah!

i've heard dis ? due to my family smh i cant get into religion man its a lot of ridiculous stories nd rules dat last days predictions gotta stop let us live our life without pointin out da negative all da time
  • blackrain
    Options

45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

Do you remember this when you go to your barber or do you just cherry pick your bible verses?

Ye shall not round the corners of your heads, neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard

Lol @ these comments.

and you got these ? guys telling ? is everything. What's your point, you think there isn't tstraight people who don't believe in the ? (s) delusion?

There's all sorts of wild ? in the Bible...like the verse that states a woman needs to ask permission to speak in the presence of men lol...
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options

Open your eyes people.

Amen.

"For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he."
    Proverbs 23:7

The tongue reveals who a person truly is. What we say is a reflection of who we really are.

"But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man. 19For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies."
    Matthew 15:18-19

The King of the Universe, Jesus Christ, just said in the above passage of scripture that "blasphemies" come out of the heart.
  • hiphop12345
    edited November 2012
    Options

Lol @ these comments.

There's all sorts of wild ? in the Bible...like the verse that states a woman needs to ask permission to speak in the presence of men lol...
    and you notice these guys are avoiding that verse like the plague. Something as simple as that verse which is just as silly but not as horrible as other writings in the Bible like the one you brought up and so many others.

If you're a man of Character your women will follow your lead and still be they own individual.

The Bible writers didn't even know the earth is not flat. O my bad, I'm sure that's just a snare and trap to get people like me(use common sense) to burn for eternity(Damn not a year, or 5 or 20 but forever? Forever ever?)

DoUwant2go2Heaven? those verse don't mean anything.
  • blackrain
    Options
    "I don't know where it started. I don't know where it came from. I really think it's really silly. For the record, I of course believe in ? , but I believe in one ? ."...that's a quote direct from Jay...there's even video from the interview with Angie Martinez to go with the quote @s2jepeka since you say use what Jay-Z's own words say in plain english...
  • blackrain
    Options

Lol @ these comments.

and you notice these guys are avoiding that verse like the plague. Something as simple as that verse which is just as silly but not as horrible as other writings in the Bible like the one you brought up and so many others.

If you're a man of Character your women will follow your lead and still be they own individual.

The Bible writers didn't even know the earth is not flat. O my bad, I'm sure that's just a snare and trap to get people like me(use common sense) to burn for eternity(Damn not a year, or 5 or 20 but forever? Forever ever?)

My whole thing is, if you going to get on people for not believing in ? and pick a person as the symbol to represent, don't keep picking a person who openly states they believe in ? and got video evidence of them saying it multiple times lol...? makes no sense and just weakens any real argument that can be made...just opens you up to being criticized more for being blatantly wrong
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options

and people in India believe in they gods and the Greeks knew they gods exist, and the Mayans were certain. Do you see the trend?

Even if ? came to you in the flesh that's still not proof for anybody else.

Only fools say only fools deny the existence of something they themselves can prove.

People said the same thing 1000 years ago, 2000 years ago, 3000 years ago, etc. You think your time is so special because you're in it ? ? What about the Millions of people dead who thought the christ was going to return in they life time? You trying to push that Armageddon ? without facts, you gonna try to tell a person from China who just joined the 300 million+ middle class that this is the worst of times?

? outta here with that ? .

1. Well there is any enemy of our souls who masquerades as an angel of light. He is called the prince of the power of the air aka the ? of this world aka the serpent aka the devil aka Satan. Behind all false religion is the enemy of our souls. He desires to be like ? and thus he imitates ? . His power is beyond human comprehension or understanding, but for those who believe in the true and living ? , the Creator of all things both visible and invisible, Satan is a defeated foe. Jesus Christ made a mockery of Satan on Calvary 2,000 years ago. His death, burial, and resurrection trampled upon the serpent like a human tramples upon an ant.

The proof that ? lives is clearly evident to all of mankind, but the problem is we don't want to know the real truth, thus we construct gods of our own imagination that fit into the schema of our own designs, demands, and desires. Romans chapter 1 would be a good chapter for you to read my friend.

2. Yes, prophecy is being fulfilled. But the fire hasn't been lit like it's going to get lit very soon. That's when the true believers will be made manifest, when death is chosen over life. Amen.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited November 2012
    Options

A proper perspective is needed my brother. Blackrain was right. The last days have been around since the resurrection of Jesus Christ. In the eyes of ? 1 day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years is like 1 day. So if we have the mind of Christ dwelling in is, we understand that the fulfillment of Gods plan and purpose for humanity is almost here. The resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead highlighted that fact. The resurrection fulfilled the promise ? gave to mankind in the Garden of Eden, when He judged satan and told Him that a Savior was coming to crush his head. Thus, the only thing left know is to usher in Gods kingdom which will be consummated at the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ. Hallelujah!

i've heard dis ? due to my family smh i cant get into religion man its a lot of ridiculous stories nd rules dat last days predictions gotta stop let us live our life without pointin out da negative all da time

I can't get into religion too my friend. It's not about religion to me, it's about a living, thriving, and personal relationship with the King of the Universe, Jesus Christ. That's deeper than religion my brother. That's communion and fellowship with the maker of everything we see and don't see. Fellowship with the King transcends religion my brother. It penetrates the deepest crevices of my soul. It strikes the very being of who I am. ? speaks to me daily my brother and words can never describe what a joy it is to be at peace with ? . Hallelujah!
  • blackrain
    Options
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    You got all these non-believers in here, but everbody's favorite 'classic' album right now is Kendrick Lamar's...Ha

So i guess yall hit mute when Christianity is referenced throughout the album, huh...

What?

Just because you not a Christian doesn't mean you would have something against the Christianity references in GKMC.. doesn't mean you can't enjoy it either..

Exactly. 1 dimensional thinking has always perplexed me. I guess thinking for oneself is a crime punishable by death. ? forbid we don't allow other people's opinions or words to influence us.
    So if a ? don't "praise ? " in his acceptance speech, he's blasphemous? Is ? on the ? Grammy board? ? giving out BET and MTV awards?
    I think ? like Jay-z know religion has questions that can't be answered, and they play on that to keep people talking. Its like free publicity. Same as all that Illuminati ? . They do that ? so u pay attention to all their music and people eat it up.

Look @ the cover art for WTT. Cmon son. Its blatant. Im not religious so the ? dont bother me.
    What u think he meant "? all these fairytales"? he talkin about Biblical stories that are basically myths.

What was the Watch The Throne album cover about?

Here u go trollin. U misreadin my post. Im not advocating for one side or another, im just pointing out the intent.
    I could give a ? who u thank @ an award show. But i still notice the change.

As for the cover art on watch the throne, i take it as Jay n Ye making fun of Christianity cuz (as stated before) its the safest religion to attack.

You didn't answer my question. What was the album cover about? What on that metallic ass cover says "roflmaoz @ christians teehehehe"?

Baphomet is on the cover.

Even if this stupid ? was true, what purpose does it serve? I mean, if people are seriously deserting their religious beliefs and foundation simply because of an album cover's ability to be interpreted in multiple ways, they were weak as ? to begin with and would have "lost their faith/religion" anyway...you CHOOSE to not believe in ? or they don't...can't nobody take your beliefs away from you no matter how many times you see Jay-Z pop an Ace of Spades bottle open or see Kanye in a leather dress

cosignature. The fact that this topic is even up for discussion is mind boggling to me. Are people really that damn sensitive & gullible? Is it really that damn serious? At the end of the day, people will have to answer for their own choices and beliefs......beliefs in which there is no definitive truth on either side of the argument.....only faith and theories. At the end of the day, if there is a higher being who has a problem w/ blasphemous imagery, I'm sure he/she/it will handle it accordingly. Who allows an entertainer to influence & dictate their personal beliefs anyway? ? wreaks of weak mindedness. No ? are given about what Jay does/believes. Less ? are given about what Kanye does/believes. Either you enjoy their music or you don't. They're here for entertainment and that's where it ends. The problem has less to do w/ them and more to do w/ the people who can't differentiate between real life and entertainment.......the sheeple who follow every popular gimic and trend......the people who have a brain but would rather let others think for them. If artistic audio/video imagery influences people that much, maybe we should ban it for the good of the human race. Obviously some people can't handle it.
This discussion has been closed.