Since when did blasphemy become the standard in hip hop?

Options

Comments

• usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Because not everyone believes in Christianity, not everyone is a ? sheep. This is America where people can have independent thought, especially when it comes to religious views
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So if a ? don't "praise ? " in his acceptance speech, he's blasphemous? Is ? on the ? Grammy board? ? giving out BET and MTV awards?

? gave the talent, drive and hard work to write those rhymes, stay up all night in the studio to create great music, reap the benefits off it to get out whatever negative situation they've been in before they made it and to help their homies/associates. So basically you have those that thank The Most High is actually genuine with it...everyone seem to forget it was Hip Hop that saved some lives.

Not everybody believes the fairy tale.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @ music being the major factor in not being a criminal or sell ? to your community. Blacks looking mentally weak as ? out here.
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not a fan of this anti-religion rap.
    I'm not supporting it, and that's why I never brought GFID, I won't buy Jesus Pieces, and ill need to hear more on Born Sinner. This trend is distasteful, and I don't respect these rappers making a mockery of religion knowing damn well the topic is sensitive everywhere outside of Hip Hop. I might not the only one who feels this way, but its shocking how this trend continues to be pushed.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So if a ? don't "praise ? " in his acceptance speech, he's blasphemous? Is ? on the ? Grammy board? ? giving out BET and MTV awards?

? gave the talent, drive and hard work to write those rhymes, stay up all night in the studio to create great music, reap the benefits off it to get out whatever negative situation they've been in before they made it and to help their homies/associates. So basically you have those that thank The Most High is actually genuine with it...everyone seem to forget it was Hip Hop that saved some lives.

So ? hard work. ? grinding. ? studying and mastering a craft. ? networking. We ain't ? but whatever this deity donates to us?
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    anyone catching feelings over religion...is lost
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Demarco27 wrote: »
    Demarco27 wrote: »
    I think ? like Jay-z know religion has questions that can't be answered, and they play on that to keep people talking. Its like free publicity. Same as all that Illuminati ? . They do that ? so u pay attention to all their music and people eat it up.

Look @ the cover art for WTT. Cmon son. Its blatant. Im not religious so the ? dont bother me.
    What u think he meant "? all these fairytales"? he talkin about Biblical stories that are basically myths.

What was the Watch The Throne album cover about?

Here u go trollin. U misreadin my post. Im not advocating for one side or another, im just pointing out the intent.
    I could give a ? who u thank @ an award show. But i still notice the change.

As for the cover art on watch the throne, i take it as Jay n Ye making fun of Christianity cuz (as stated before) its the safest religion to attack.

You didn't answer my question. What was the album cover about? What on that metallic ass cover says "roflmaoz @ christians teehehehe"?
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    "put that on my diamond bezzle, you messing with the Devil" - Biggie.
  • aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And don't forget about that joint on Mobb Deep Blood money album "Pearly Gates"
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Because not everyone believes in Christianity, not everyone is a ? sheep. This is America where people can have independent thought, especially when it comes to religious views[/quote.]
    Everytime there's a thread like this one the atheist come rushing in trying to let everybody know they atheist.

Yes, we know you have no belief system lol. We truly understand this. But the point is why do you have to go OUT YOUR WAY to disrespect christianity. Its like you can't be a atheist without mocking Jesus. Thats the point of the thread. Hiphop's blasphemy approach has got ridiculous.
  • hiphop12345
    hiphop12345 Members Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LV_Don wrote: »
    n.mcfly wrote: »
    Nope. but no one will speak on it. Now if someone went the same route on Islam it'll be all kinds of beef

Thought process of a Jay/Game/Meek Mill/Tyler etc.....

Imma make a song insulting Jews for attention.....hol' up my boss is one so I better not

What about putting Muhammad on my album cover/chain.....oh ? they gonna put a Jihad on me for that no way

How about dissing Scientology in one of my verses.....damn Tom Cruise bout that life I'll never get a break in Hollywood doing that...

So all that's left is one of the religions that tries to keep us black folk united and peaceful.....? if it gets me more money I'm all for it

Docile you mean? Jesus gonna make it all better right?
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I guess my issue is these ? will disrespect christianity/? all day but NEVER say anything slightly disrespectful towards ? . If they DO say anything that might be considered disrespectful they rush to apologizin to ? . Its like the roles have been switched and ? worshipping ? now. SMH

• BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Unless you're counting horrorcore, and other garbage like that, it's no more present than it was back in the 90's.

• BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    J-Breezy wrote: »
    I was wondering the same ? but its always been that way. Makes you know there is a ? because so many people try to bring Him down.

More like there are just ? on people's religious beliefs.
  • hiphop12345
    hiphop12345 Members Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options

'Thank you Most High for giving me the ability to write jingles. Now I know you could have been feeding all the starving children of the world, and they starving parents, and giving limbs back to amputees , but you spent
    your time give me this gift.'

-Signed Humble Entertainer.

I guess my issue is these ? will disrespect christianity/? all day but NEVER say anything slightly disrespectful towards ? . If they DO say anything that might be considered disrespectful they rush to apologizin to ? . Its like the roles have been switched and ? worshipping ? now. SMH
    ? don't chose to be ? and it's a waste of time attacking them for no reason.
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    n.mcfly wrote: »
    Nope. but no one will speak on it. Now if someone went the same route on Islam it'll be all kinds of beef

crying ass ? ... America is a predominantly Christian nation. Not Islam or Atheist. ? are they supposed to talk about?

If you can rap about ? in Paris why not other religions. Your post was dumb
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options

'Thank you Most High for giving me the ability to write jingles. Now I know you could have been feeding all the starving children of the world, and they starving parents, and giving limbs back to amputees , but you spent
    your time give me this gift.'

-Signed Humble Entertainer.

? don't chose to be ? and it's a waste of time attabutcking them for no reason.

But why attack peoples. Beliefs. Most rappers mothers are prolly Baptist
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JAYZ GOT YALL ? CALLIN HIM "HOV"..

MEEK MILLZ SAYING "AMEN" TO ? BAD ?

RICK RICK GOT WORK, HALLELUJAH

? GET MONEY AND THIS THEY ARE BIGGER THAN ? ... For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "And even if Jehovah witness, bet he'll never testify" - Jay-Z
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh, its not going unnoticed.

But, as this thread shows, a lot of cats jut dont care/know. I just laugh, im no longer suprised at the Godlessness on the IC

Not my place to judge tho...

Be not deceived; ? is not mocked: for whatsoever a man sows, that shall he also reap.

-Galatians 6:7
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Since we had the right to say what is on our minds whether in the booth or out.
  • King Menos
    King Menos Members Posts: 44 ✭✭
    Options
    it is what it is...when we die we gonna know the truth..until then live life ?
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HIP HOP'S (UNSPOKEN) TEN COMMANDEMENTS

By Stephanie Mwandishi Gadlin

Famed Kenyan author Mgugi wa Thiongo once remarked: "...Language carries culture and culture carries, particularly through orature and literature, the entire body of values by which we perceive ourselves and our place in the world."

Commandment VI: Thou must rarely talk about ? and spirituality. You must lyrically condone atheism and a false belief system that negates the existences of a higher being. You must routinely question the existence of a ? by lyrically challenging him/her/it to take your life or to grant you three wishes. You are to refer to yourself as a ? who gives and takes life. You may lyrically create your own religion (see tenth commandment) based on a ghetto belief system. Thou shalt not talk about life and death as it relates to spirituality or a sense of purpose. You should never speak of scripture or religious texts. You are prohibited from acknowledging any spiritual beliefs that may have been instilled you by family. However, you may identify with a Jesus by wearing a large, diamond encrusted piece whereby you may brag about its costs. Under no circumstance are you to promote prayer, reflection, meditation, atonement, redemption, sacrifice, mercy or grace. The consumer fan base must identify with your lack of spiritual grounding by believing that the only gods are sex and money. By keeping this commandment you vow to limit your personal spiritual growth and development. You also vow to never been seen publicly in a church, synagogue, mosque, temple or other house of worship and reflection...

By keeping the aforementioned commandments we, "the industry," guarantee the following:

1. Unlimited marketing success and cross-over appeal.
    2. A guaranteed income
    3. Fame beyond your wildest dreams
    4. Unlimited (but recoupable) industry resources
    5. Several music awards, citations and honors
    6. Protection from community repercussions

http://www.daveyd.com/hiphoptencommandments.html

You don't have to be a follower of any religion to see what is happening, especially in regards to the comments rappers make, when you look at who controls the music industry.
    cobbland wrote: »

The current music industry emerged around the middle of the 20th century, when records had supplanted sheet music as the largest player in the music business: in the commercial world, people began speaking of "the recording industry" as a loose synonym of "the music industry". Along with their numerous subsidiaries, a large majority of this market for recorded music is controlled by four major corporate labels: Universal Music Group, Sony Music Entertainment,[1] Warner Music Group and EMI Group. The largest portion of the live music market is controlled by Live Nation, the largest promoter and music venue owner. Live Nation is a former subsidiary of Clear Channel Communications, which is the largest owner of radio stations in the United States. Creative Artists Agency is a large a management and booking company.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_industry

Lucian Grainge, (Commander of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (CBE), is the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Universal Music Group).
    Lucian-Grainge-001.jpg

Doug Morris, (the current Chairman and CEO of Sony Music Entertainment. He previously served as Chairman and CEO of the Universal Music Group from 1995 to 2011).
    dougmorris.jpg

Stephen Cooper, (is the current CEO of Warner Music Group).
    cooper.jpg

Lyor Cohen, (the North American Chairman and CEO of Recorded Music for Warner Music Group (WMG)).
    lyor-cohen.jpg

Jean-François Dubos, (Chairman Vivendi) was appointed Chairman of the Management Board of Vivendi at a Supervisory Board held on June 28, 2012. He previously was Executive Vice-President, General Counsel and Secretary of the Management and Supervisory Boards of Vivendi.
    mt-dubos-mp.jpg

Roger Faxon, (Chief Executive, EMI Group)
    faxon_roger.ashx

Irving Azoff, (Chairman Live Nation Entertainment)
    P1-AO811_Azoff__G_20090220175139.jpg

Michael Rapino, (CEO, director, president of Live Nation Entertainment)
    michael_rapino.jpg

Robert Pittman, (CEO Clear Channel Communications) is an American businessman and the founder of MTV.[1] On October 2, 2011, Pittman was named CEO of Clear Channel Communications.[2] Pittman has also been the CEO of MTV Networks, AOL, Six Flags Theme Parks, Quantum Media, Century 21 Real Estate and Time Warner Enterprises, and COO of America Online, Inc. and AOL Time Warner.
    robert_pittman_ap--300x300.jpg
This discussion has been closed.