Since when did blasphemy become the standard in hip hop?

Options

Comments

• Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It ain't enough that you christian ? have gospel?
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This so-called "blasphemy" has been in hip hop music since '91 i believe, since Nas on "Live @ The BBQ." Now it's more of a jab a religion in general. I think artists are trying to attack organized religion, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. They do it in a way that disassociates religion with ? .
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The world is less religious
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People are gaining more knowledge, and knowledge is the enemy of ignorance. Thus surely there will be more people who seek real truth and knowledge instead of blindly following fairy tales.

ALL religion is man made, and "? " is a man made concept/idea. if you follow a man's word without proof you are an idiot.

• Gucci Scott King
    Gucci Scott King Members Posts: 883 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Was Rap really christian to begin with? considering what rappers usually rap about.
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People tend to be scared of da enemy you know what Im talkin bout but you outta be scared of ? !
    red white black yellow or blue He will let u make it till you cross the line and when dat judgement hit Im scared for you! We all can fall under da judgement of ? if we don't aknowledge and fear!
    Look at da list almost all the mcs passed before their time!
    This lovey dovey approach it suppose to be the way to get you what Im tryna say we suppose to win yall with love!
    The others we may have to warn the biblee says if we have to scare some by tellin them the truth so be it whatever it takes!
    I think we can be pre tribulation dayz called the beginning of sorrows!
    Respect and aknowledge ? or be fall under wrath recieve salvation now to avoid da tribulation!
    If you see someone preaching da Word serving The Lord and doing his purposes stay out of the way becareful who you mess with you never know they could be ? 's servant!
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im not trying to disrespect love that is the truth we have to have love but thats not the only way to win souls for The Lord!
    I think sometimes people need to hear da real truth!
  • bkkbully
    bkkbully Members Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Buddhist rapper / producer post
  • G.Avant
    G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So if a ? don't "praise ? " in his acceptance speech, he's blasphemous? Is ? on the ? Grammy board? ? giving out BET and MTV awards?

? gave the talent, drive and hard work to write those rhymes, stay up all night in the studio to create great music, reap the benefits off it to get out whatever negative situation they've been in before they made it and to help their homies/associates. So basically you have those that thank The Most High is actually genuine with it...everyone seem to forget it was Hip Hop that saved some lives.

You assuming that these people believe in what you believe in though. If the person doesn't believe in a ? or organized religion why should they feel some type of way for not giving thanks? Everything that you stated in the bolded is subjective, yet you state it as fact.
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
  • hiphop12345
    hiphop12345 Members Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    n.mcfly wrote: »
    So if a ? don't "praise ? " in his acceptance speech, he's blasphemous? Is ? on the ? Grammy board? ? giving out BET and MTV awards?

? gave the talent, drive and hard work to write those rhymes, stay up all night in the studio to create great music, reap the benefits off it to get out whatever negative situation they've been in before they made it and to help their homies/associates. So basically you have those that thank The Most High is actually genuine with it...everyone seem to forget it was Hip Hop that saved some lives.

'Thank you Most High for giving me the ability to write jingles. Now I know you could have been feeding all the starving children of the world, and they starving parents, and giving limbs back to amputees , but you spent
    your time give me this gift.'

-Signed Humble Entertainer.

I guess my issue is these ? will disrespect christianity/? all day but NEVER say anything slightly disrespectful towards ? . If they DO say anything that might be considered disrespectful they rush to apologizin to ? . Its like the roles have been switched and ? worshipping ? now. SMH
    ? don't chose to be ? and it's a waste of time attabutcking them for no reason.

But why attack peoples. Beliefs. Most rappers mothers are prolly Baptist
    Why are you attacking these people freedom of speech?

Freedom of Speech>>>People(including mothers) beliefs.

s2jepeka wrote: »
    Oh, its not going unnoticed.

But, as this thread shows, a lot of cats jut dont care/know. I just laugh, im no longer suprised at the Godlessness on the IC

Not my place to judge tho...

Be not deceived; ? is not mocked: for whatsoever a man sows, that shall he also reap.

-Galatians 6:7

Ye shall not round the corners of your heads, neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard

Leviticus 19:27

Remember that the next time you go to your Barber.

and you're not scaring anyone.
  • Kushington
    Kushington Members Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    It is a weeping and the moaning and the gnashing of teeth
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Demarco27 wrote: »
    When they get into these organizations, surrounded by all these wealthy mfs, they break down the foundations of religions.
    Why u think alot of the elite artists dont praise ? @ acceptance speeches like they did in the beginning?

Religions as a whole have a lot of room for critiques. SO in order to sell sex, drugs and violence(the only ? that sells) they have to divorce u from these beliefs.

just my 2 cents

Makes sense. Especially when people are getting less and less religious as time goes on.
  • ReppinTime
    ReppinTime Members Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    When Jayz got relegated to old man status and ? stopped paying him attention, as hiphop's resident insecure ? he couldnt take it so he needed a gimmick that would get him guaranteed attention. Thus he went overboard on Illuminati propaganda and imagery, which by nature includes mocking the Abrahamic ? .

While doing this he continued to suck Kanye's ? for relevancy and eventually lured Kanye into the fold and thus the majority of the popular rap artists followed behind Kanye. So in other words Jayz the long running mascot of sell out, only for self ? , has circled ? white jews and their agenda of desensitizing and fracturing the black community through music and brainwashing. For the goal of teaching us to desire only frivolous things, and to keep us dumb and content as product obsessed sheep, all for the ever increasing profits of craccas.
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rage wrote: »

Not everybody believes the fairy tale.

Prove it's a fairy tale.

So ? hard work. ? grinding. ? studying and mastering a craft. ? networking. We ain't ? but whatever this deity donates to us?

I didn't say that you did. It still takes all those things plus ? .

I know you have NO ounce of belief so don't take your trolling any further.
  • Demarco27
    Demarco27 Members Posts: 581 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    [img][/img]
    I think ? like Jay-z know religion has questions that can't be answered, and they play on that to keep people talking. Its like free publicity. Same as all that Illuminati ? . They do that ? so u pay attention to all their music and people eat it up.

Look @ the cover art for WTT. Cmon son. Its blatant. Im not religious so the ? dont bother me.
    What u think he meant "? all these fairytales"? he talkin about Biblical stories that are basically myths.

What was the Watch The Throne album cover about?

Here u go trollin. U misreadin my post. Im not advocating for one side or another, im just pointing out the intent.
    I could give a ? who u thank @ an award show. But i still notice the change.

As for the cover art on watch the throne, i take it as Jay n Ye making fun of Christianity cuz (as stated before) its the safest religion to attack.

You didn't answer my question. What was the album cover about? What on that metallic ass cover says "roflmaoz @ christians teehehehe"?

Oh.. I dont know

kanye-west-jay-z-watch-the-throne-art-work-riccardo-tisci-0.jpg
  • Demarco27
    Options
    Kushington wrote: »
    It is a weeping and the moaning and the gnashing of teeth
    ME and my boy argue all the time about that "MERCY" sample. It comes from a dancehall song. I take it as a metaphor. Hell doesnt exist, its in the real biblical text. The words that the King James version of the bible translate into hell, really stood for grave. Its a mistranlation.

• JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No Church In The Wild......
  • Demarco27
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Because not everyone believes in Christianity, not everyone is a ? sheep. This is America where people can have independent thought, especially when it comes to religious views[/quote.]
    Everytime there's a thread like this one the atheist come rushing in trying to let everybody know they atheist.

Yes, we know you have no belief system lol. We truly understand this. But the point is why do you have to go OUT YOUR WAY to disrespect christianity. Its like you can't be a atheist without mocking Jesus. Thats the point of the thread. Hiphop's blasphemy approach has got ridiculous.

It causes dialogue. I dont agree with mocking someone's beliefs but more pointing out why you dont agree wit it. That way you can see where each other is coming from. But you cant say its wrong for someone to disrespectur beliefs and then simultaneously criticize them voicing theirs.
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    Oh, its not going unnoticed.

But, as this thread shows, a lot of cats jut dont care/know. I just laugh, im no longer suprised at the Godlessness on the IC

Not my place to judge tho...

Be not deceived; ? is not mocked: for whatsoever a man sows, that shall he also reap.

-Galatians 6:7

Maybe this the problem. Religious nuts have a self righteous, holier than thou attitude. People dont have a quest for truth anymore. Theyre happy with the status quo. These attitudes are the reason why these ? say theshit they say
  • Little JJ
    Little JJ Members Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "It's a new breed in 2006, we don't give a ? about that religious ? ."

"In the Bible times,
    they ain't to deal with,
    the same ? we dealin with,
    these survival times"

- Prodigy from Mobb Deep

And he said that ? on a hot track with 50 cent LOL...
  • Demarco27
    Options
    Little JJ wrote: »

"In the Bible times,
    they ain't to deal with,
    these survival times"

- Prodigy from Mobb Deep

And he said that ? on a hot track with 50 cent LOL...

I remember 50 saying he regretting making that song. Guess he aint agree wit P lol
  • ReppinTime
    ReppinTime Members Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Little JJ wrote: »

"In the Bible times,
    they ain't to deal with,
    these survival times"

- Prodigy from Mobb Deep

And he said that ? on a hot track with 50 cent LOL

and then 50 dropped him for it
  • hiphop12345
    hiphop12345 Members Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rage wrote: »

Not everybody believes the fairy tale.

Prove it's a fairy tale.

It's up to you to prove that it's not a fairy tale.
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ReppinTime wrote: »
    When Jayz got relegated to old man status and ? stopped paying him attention, as hiphop's resident insecure ? he couldnt take it so he needed a gimmick that would get him guaranteed attention. Thus he went overboard on Illuminati propaganda and imagery, which by nature includes mocking the Abrahamic ? .

While doing this he continued to suck Kanye's ? for relevancy and eventually lured Kanye into the fold and thus the majority of the popular rap artists followed behind Kanye. So in other words Jayz the long running mascot of sell out, only for self ? , has circled ? white jews and their agenda of desensitizing and fracturing the black community through music and brainwashing. For the goal of teaching us to desire only frivolous things, and to keep us dumb and content as product obsessed sheep, all for the ever increasing profits of craccas.

hahahaha never expected a post like that from you.
This discussion has been closed.