Since when did blasphemy become the standard in hip hop?

Options

Comments

• DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    DOESNT MATTER WHAT THEY BELIEVE IN, WE ALL ARE STILL GODS CHILDREN

Matthew 5:45
    45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

THEY MAY NOT ACKOWLEGE HIM, BUT THERE PROSPERITY COMES FROM ?

Do you remember this when you go to your barber or do you just cherry pick your bible verses?

Ye shall not round the corners of your heads, neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard

Leviticus 19:27

s2jepeka wrote: »
    Lol @ these comments.

You got a ? ngga singin 'What's a ? to a non-believer' and yall bat not 1 eye?

lol Like i said...i can only worry about my own path, but i be damned if i dont see whats goin on
    and you got these ? guys telling ? is everything. What's your point, you think there isn't tstraight people who don't believe in the ? (s) delusion?

There's all sorts of wild ? in the Bible...like the verse that states a woman needs to ask permission to speak in the presence of men lol...
    and you notice these guys are avoiding that verse like the plague. Something as simple as that verse which is just as silly but not as horrible as other writings in the Bible like the one you brought up and so many others.

If you're a man of Character your women will follow your lead and still be they own individual.

The Bible writers didn't even know the earth is not flat. O my bad, I'm sure that's just a snare and trap to get people like me(use common sense) to burn for eternity(Damn not a year, or 5 or 20 but forever? Forever ever?)

DoUwant2go2Heaven? those verse don't mean anything.

Your posting verses from the Old Covenant. The law. A law that was given to the nation of Israel. A law that even they couldn't keep. If you live under the law and break even 1 of the 613 laws contained in it, you were guilty of breaking the whole law and thus under a curse. For cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them. So if you want to live under the law be my guest!

But thank ? for the LORD JESUS CHRIST!

Why? Because:

"Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: 14That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith." Galatians 3:13-14

Hallelujah!
  • hiphop12345
    hiphop12345 Members Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    "I don't know where it started. I don't know where it came from. I really think it's really silly. For the record, I of course believe in ? , but I believe in one ? ."...that's a quote direct from Jay...there's even video from the interview with Angie Martinez to go with the quote @s2jepeka since you say use what Jay-Z's own words say in plain english...

Yea Jay believe in a ? . He also don't know how the sun rise. People trying to make himout to be some devil worshiper just because he's rich.

I do know that ? exists from personal experience and personal revelation. Only fools deny the existence of ? .

My point in the previous post was that all those who die understand completely who is the only sovereign, true, and omnipotent King of the universe.

and people in India believe in they gods and the Greeks knew they gods exist, and the Mayans were certain. Do you see the trend?

Even if ? came to you in the flesh that's still not proof for anybody else.

Only fools say only fools deny the existence of something they themselves can prove.

So people denying the faith or losing their faith in Christ only confirms what ? said would happen anyways. Prophecy is being fulfilled. Amen.
    People said the same thing 1000 years ago, 2000 years ago, 3000 years ago, etc. You think your time is so special because you're in it ? ? What about the Millions of people dead who thought the christ was going to return in they life time? You trying to push that Armageddon ? without facts, you gonna try to tell a person from China who just joined the 300 million+ middle class that this is the worst of times?

? outta here with that ? .

1. Well there is any enemy of our souls who masquerades as an angel of light. He is called the prince of the power of the air aka the ? of this world aka the serpent aka the devil aka Satan. Behind all false religion is the enemy of our souls. He desires to be like ? and thus he imitates ? . His power is beyond human comprehension or understanding, but for those who believe in the true and living ? , the Creator of all things both visible and invisible, Satan is a defeated foe. Jesus Christ made a mockery of Satan on Calvary 2,000 years ago. His death, burial, and resurrection trampled upon the serpent like a human tramples upon an ant.

The proof that ? lives is clearly evident to all of mankind, but the problem is we don't want to know the real truth, thus we construct gods of our own imagination that fit into the schema of our own designs, demands, and desires. Romans chapter 1 would be a good chapter for you to read my friend.

2. Yes, prophecy is being fulfilled. But the fire hasn't been lit like it's going to get lit very soon. That's when the true believers will be made manifest, when death is chosen over life. Amen.

1. Satan doesn't exist either. Plus your ? made Sate the ? of earth anyway so he's just playing his role right?

If his power is beyond human comprehension then you can't tell me anything about it unless you're claiming not to be human. If you don't know what the real truth is then don't talk like you do. The ? of the Bible applies to your we construct statement.

2. Not one prophecy is being fulfilled, that's why people try so hard to make they come true and create self fulfilling.

Mine address the verse I post?
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Agreed with everything that @DoUwant2go2Heaven? said
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    "I don't know where it started. I don't know where it came from. I really think it's really silly. For the record, I of course believe in ? , but I believe in one ? ."...that's a quote direct from Jay...there's even video from the interview with Angie Martinez to go with the quote @s2jepeka since you say use what Jay-Z's own words say in plain english...

"You believe that there is one ? . Good! Even the demons believe that--and shudder." James 2:19

Even demons believe that there is 1 ? .

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

"You believe that there is one ? . Good! Even the demons believe that--and shudder." James 2:19

Translated="If you don't believe in ? the exact same way I do then you're wrong." That sounds like a real inviting and welcoming belief system you got there
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options

Translated="If you don't believe in ? the exact same way I do then you're wrong." That sounds like a real inviting and welcoming belief system you got there

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6

There is a way that seems right unto a man, but the end of that road always leads to death. So if your not going the only way that ? has prescribed, which is through faith in Jesus Christ alone, well your going to end up in the pit with everybody else who tried to do it their way instead of Gods way. Amen.
  • hiphop12345
    edited November 2012
    Options

45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

Do you remember this when you go to your barber or do you just cherry pick your bible verses?

Ye shall not round the corners of your heads, neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard

Lol @ these comments.

lol Like i said...i can only worry about my own path, but i be damned if i dont see whats goin on
    and you got these ? guys telling ? is everything. What's your point, you think there isn't tstraight people who don't believe in the ? (s) delusion?

There's all sorts of wild ? in the Bible...like the verse that states a woman needs to ask permission to speak in the presence of men lol...
    and you notice these guys are avoiding that verse like the plague. Something as simple as that verse which is just as silly but not as horrible as other writings in the Bible like the one you brought up and so many others.

If you're a man of Character your women will follow your lead and still be they own individual.

The Bible writers didn't even know the earth is not flat. O my bad, I'm sure that's just a snare and trap to get people like me(use common sense) to burn for eternity(Damn not a year, or 5 or 20 but forever? Forever ever?)

Your posting verses from the Old Covenant. The law. A law that was given to the nation of Israel. A law that even they couldn't keep. If you live under the law and break even 1 of the 613 laws contained in it, you were guilty of breaking the whole law and thus under a curse. For cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them. So if you want to live under the law be my guest!

Why? Because:

"Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: 14That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith." Galatians 3:13-14

Hallelujah!

Matthew 5:17.

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.

^^Jesus saying he didnt change the law and of course:

For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.-Malachi 3:6

^^Here's your ? saying he never change. So he's either a lair or realize he was wrong which doesn't
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Lol @ these comments.

Since when was music always done from a 1st person perspective? ? keep dropping Jay's name and his songs when he's said multiple times he believes in ? ...even addresses it in Decoded where he states many times he believes in ?

Lmao Gtfoh with that copout

If Jay can simultaneously believe in ? but then say the ? he says, that's him. It all comes back to my point on not worrying about anyone else's path, but I WILL ACKNOWLEGDE WHAT I SEE.

Mind you, we not talkin rappers rapping about sin, b/c we all sinners- I'm talkin specifically about blasphemy

Dont insult my intelligence with that 'artistic expression' ?

So you're discussing the subject of religion in music, which is an art, but don't want to acknowledge that at times that very art is simply an expression of a thought or an idea...not a belief you may have, but an idea sparked by anything? That's not a good way to debate...Ask any artist, writer, painter, musician, etc...ANYTHING can spark a creative moment...from a simple word said to a random ass thought...rappers, the good ones, at the end of the day are writers...so any random convo can spark a song/lyric idea...doesn't mean what they write or record is what they believe, but sometimes you write ? not from your own perspective...saying that isn't a cop out, it's an truthful statement that not every writer is writing solely from their own experiences or thoughts...you grab ideas and concepts from all over...especially once you start traveling, studying, and being introduced to different cultures and schools of thought...

And for you, and some other posters to say you believe in ? , yet be so judgmental, dismissive, and downright insulting to those who either don't share your beliefs or questions them, it easily opens you up to being criticized as to how closely you're following the very beliefs you get on others for rejecting. Isn't ? about loving, unity, and togetherness? This thread got folks who say they believe in ? behaving and speaking in a very ungodly way to defend their beliefs...that's hypocrisy

'Music is an expression' has morphed into a catch-all to excuse all BS statements in hip hop. Lil Mouse's manager used 'music is expression' as the excuse to why an 8 yr old kid is talkin about killin folk. Please stop insulting my intelligence.

Plus, let me break this down for you:

Blasphemy-irreverence toward holy personages, religious artifacts, customs, and beliefs.
    irreverence-1. Lack of reverence or due respect. 2. A disrespectful act or remark

"Barrell in my apparel that can stop ? "-Jay Z (just 1 example)

THE REMARK ALONE IS BY DEFINITION BLASPHEMY! Whether he believes in ? or not! 'he just expressin art' ? outta here Lol

At what u said in bold, *yawn*- Goodness man, thats such a typical statement in a 'believer vs non-believer' argument. I say i believe, and it morphs into 'why you judgin , thats hypocrisy, blah blah'. What you expect me to coddle you into a believer? I said i am a Christian, its not my fault if perhaps you (and many) take that to mean 'they think they perfect- urgh, i'll prove them wrong'. No.

You believe what you want, I've given scripture in this thread, i've given examples, but i have not judged, i've only acknowlegded what i see. If my debating style is too dextrous for you my dude, well damn, I'm sorry Lmao
  • blackrain
    Options

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6

There is a way that seems right unto a man, but the end of that road always leads to death. So if your not going the only way that ? has prescribed, which is through faith in Jesus Christ alone, well your going to end up in the pit with everybody else who tried to do it their way instead of Gods way. Amen.

Doesn't ? have an individual path for each of us to follow though? Your path is not the next man's, so for you to judge how the next man uses his belief in ? to navigate his own path in life goes against your very belief system.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    yo i got a lot of religious family members dat "last days" ? has been thrown around way too much eva since 06 let ? live man lol

06? ? if you read the Bible the last days has being predicted for thousands of years now...every year is the "last year" and "? 's day of reckoning"

06 was just da year where they took it too far especially wit da June 6,06/ 666 ? lol i remember people handin me papers bout preparing for ? to come back nd all dat ? nd dat may 21st ? from a year or 2 ago its like damn bad things been happening for years but when sumthin bad happens now its " its the last days" "this generation is hopeless" "the apocolypse is comin" " u can see seasons changin" im like gtfoh nd let us live our life lls

A proper perspective is needed my brother. Blackrain was right. The last days have been around since the resurrection of Jesus Christ. In the eyes of ? 1 day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years is like 1 day. So if we have the mind of Christ dwelling in is, we understand that the fulfillment of Gods plan and purpose for humanity is almost here. The resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead highlighted that fact. The resurrection fulfilled the promise ? gave to mankind in the Garden of Eden, when He judged satan and told Him that a Savior was coming to crush his head. Thus, the only thing left know is to usher in Gods kingdom which will be consummated at the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ. Hallelujah!

i've heard dis ? due to my family smh i cant get into religion man its a lot of ridiculous stories nd rules dat last days predictions gotta stop let us live our life without pointin out da negative all da time

I can't get into religion too my friend. It's not about religion to me, it's about a living, thriving, and personal relationship with the King of the Universe, Jesus Christ. That's deeper than religion my brother. That's communion and fellowship with the maker of everything we see and don't see. Fellowship with the King transcends religion my brother. It penetrates the deepest crevices of my soul. It strikes the very being of who I am. ? speaks to me daily my brother and words can never describe what a joy it is to be at peace with ? . Hallelujah!

stories from thousands of years ago dat took place in da middle east just dont do anything for me man
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't see how someone can have a back and forth with douwanttogotomakebelieveland, he's the lil b of Christianity.
  • blackrain
    Options
    Lol @ these comments.

Since when was music always done from a 1st person perspective? ? keep dropping Jay's name and his songs when he's said multiple times he believes in ? ...even addresses it in Decoded where he states many times he believes in ?

If Jay can simultaneously believe in ? but then say the ? he says, that's him. It all comes back to my point on not worrying about anyone else's path, but I WILL ACKNOWLEGDE WHAT I SEE.

Mind you, we not talkin rappers rapping about sin, b/c we all sinners- I'm talkin specifically about blasphemy

So you're discussing the subject of religion in music, which is an art, but don't want to acknowledge that at times that very art is simply an expression of a thought or an idea...not a belief you may have, but an idea sparked by anything? That's not a good way to debate...Ask any artist, writer, painter, musician, etc...ANYTHING can spark a creative moment...from a simple word said to a random ass thought...rappers, the good ones, at the end of the day are writers...so any random convo can spark a song/lyric idea...doesn't mean what they write or record is what they believe, but sometimes you write ? not from your own perspective...saying that isn't a cop out, it's an truthful statement that not every writer is writing solely from their own experiences or thoughts...you grab ideas and concepts from all over...especially once you start traveling, studying, and being introduced to different cultures and schools of thought...

And for you, and some other posters to say you believe in ? , yet be so judgmental, dismissive, and downright insulting to those who either don't share your beliefs or questions them, it easily opens you up to being criticized as to how closely you're following the very beliefs you get on others for rejecting. Isn't ? about loving, unity, and togetherness? This thread got folks who say they believe in ? behaving and speaking in a very ungodly way to defend their beliefs...that's hypocrisy

'Music is an expression' has morphed into a catch-all to excuse all BS statements in hip hop. Lil Mouse's manager used 'music is expression' as the excuse to why an 8 yr old kid is talkin about killin folk. Please stop insulting my intelligence.

Blasphemy-irreverence toward holy personages, religious artifacts, customs, and beliefs.
    irreverence-1. Lack of reverence or due respect. 2. A disrespectful act or remark

THE REMARK ALONE IS BY DEFINITION BLASPHEMY! Whether he believes in ? or not! 'he just expressin art' ? outta here Lol

At what u said in bold, *yawn*- Goodness man, thats such a typical statement in a 'believer vs non-believer' argument. I say i believe, and it morphs into 'why you judgin , thats hypocrisy, blah blah'. What you expect me to coddle you into a believer? I said i am a Christian, its not my fault if perhaps you (and many) take that to mean 'they think they perfect- urgh, i'll prove them wrong'. No.

You believe what you want, I've given scripture in this thread, i've given examples, but i have not judged, i've only acknowlegded what i see. If my debating style is too dextrous for you my dude, well damn, I'm sorry Lmao

I haven't stated whether or not I believe in ? in this discussion, you're assuming I don't and once again wrong...I didn't mention one time being perfect or attempting to be perfect so once again you're assuming wrong...I know what blasphemy means...I went to Catholic school from K-10th grade so trust and believe if nothing else I HAD to study religion, the Bible, and what it means for years. It was the very basis of my education because that's how Catholic schools operate. Lil Mouse's manager, even though what that kid s rapping about shouldn't be allowed anywhere, is by definition an expression of whoever wrote those lyrics thoughts at the time they were writing them....never did say that the art was good, should be emulated, or even listened to but it fits the definition of it whether you like it or not. As far as the Jay-Z lyric you used, yeah by definition it's blasphemy, but again by sinning alone that's a lack of due respect for ? by doing something you know wouldn't sit right in his eyes so what puts you on a level to judge another person? You acknowledge what you see yet you ignore the numerous examples of Jay stating he believes in ? solely to further the argument that he doesn't? That's bad debating skills. That's the basis of my debate, nobody fit to judge anybody else, yet you and many other Christians of all denominations love to sit on a high horse and tell others what they're doing wrong. That by definition is not a Christian thing to do, but a thread was made based on doing just that.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited November 2012
    Options

Lol @ these comments.

Why? Because:

Hallelujah!

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.

For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.-Malachi 3:6

^^Here's your ? saying he never change. So he's either a lair or realize he was wrong which doesn't

If you read the whole verse of Matthew 5:17 it tells you at the end what He did with the law, He fulfilled the law. How did He do it? By keeping the whole law! He never sinned! Thus Jesus Christ became the passover lamb. The sins of humanity was placed upon Him because He had no sin in Himself. Thus ? shed His blood so that all who come to Him by faith can be forgiven of their sins forever.

And yes ? doesn't change. Jesus Christ the same yesterday, today, and forever. And because that is the case, sin MUST be paid for. ? provided the payment for sin through His Son, Jesus Christ. His sinless, pure, and holy blood was shed for the remission of sins for all who believe. But if you will not accept the sacrifice of Jesus Christ on your behalf, you must pay your sin debt on the day of judgment. And all accounts will be paid in full without partiality, leniency, or bribery. Read Revelation 20:11-15. Amen.
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Haha yall letting this dude DoU troll yall again, dude is hillarious and underrated.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited November 2012
    Options

Doesn't ? have an individual path for each of us to follow though? Your path is not the next man's, so for you to judge how the next man uses his belief in ? to navigate his own path in life goes against your very belief system.

Yes, Everybody is an individual with different life experiences. But their is only 1 path to salvation. Not many roads or many doors. So if you haven't heard about the only path how will you understand the truth? Like Paul asked: "But how can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? "

All I am doing is sharing the good news. The forgiveness of sins in Jesus Christ alone is good news! Life from the dead is good news. Peace with ? is good news! Everlasting life is good news! Now if this comes off as judgment well, the Holy Spirit is probably convicting you of sin, which is what He has come to do in the 1st place. Until a person realizes that they are a sinner, they will not recognize their need for a Savior. Amen.
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So if a ? don't "praise ? " in his acceptance speech, he's blasphemous? Is ? on the ? Grammy board? ? giving out BET and MTV awards?

? gave the talent, drive and hard work to write those rhymes, stay up all night in the studio to create great music, reap the benefits off it to get out whatever negative situation they've been in before they made it and to help their homies/associates. So basically you have those that thank The Most High is actually genuine with it...everyone seem to forget it was Hip Hop that saved some lives.

So a invisible man in the sky is the reason you work hard now, and you have nothing to do with it?
  • The_Man
    The_Man Members Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    talk ? about muslims and there will be murders, talk ? about christianity and they will forgive you lol
  • hiphop12345
    Options

Lol @ these comments.

Why? Because:

Hallelujah!

If you read the whole verse of Matthew 5:17 it tells you at the end what He did with the law, He fulfilled the law. How did He do it? By keeping the whole law! He never sinned! Thus Jesus Christ became the passover lamb. The sins of humanity was placed upon Him because He had no sin in Himself. Thus ? shed His blood so that all who come to Him by faith can be forgiven of their sins forever.

And yes ? doesn't change. Jesus Christ the same yesterday, today, and forever. And because that is the case, sin MUST be paid for. ? provided the payment for sin through His Son, Jesus Christ. His sinless, pure, and holy blood was shed for the remission of sins for all who believe. But if you will not accept the sacrifice of Jesus Christ on your behalf, you must pay your sin debt on the day of judgment. And all accounts will be paid in full without partiality, leniency, or bribery. Read Revelation 20:11-15. Amen.
    Nah ? the laws didn't change. Also why in the world would the killing of a man who knew he was going to comeback because he's immortal be considered a great sacrifice or a sacrifice at all?

ShiveDreadz, I think this guy really believe the stuff he writes.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    yo i got a lot of religious family members dat "last days" ? has been thrown around way too much eva since 06 let ? live man lol

06? ? if you read the Bible the last days has being predicted for thousands of years now...every year is the "last year" and "? 's day of reckoning"

06 was just da year where they took it too far especially wit da June 6,06/ 666 ? lol i remember people handin me papers bout preparing for ? to come back nd all dat ? nd dat may 21st ? from a year or 2 ago its like damn bad things been happening for years but when sumthin bad happens now its " its the last days" "this generation is hopeless" "the apocolypse is comin" " u can see seasons changin" im like gtfoh nd let us live our life lls

A proper perspective is needed my brother. Blackrain was right. The last days have been around since the resurrection of Jesus Christ. In the eyes of ? 1 day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years is like 1 day. So if we have the mind of Christ dwelling in is, we understand that the fulfillment of Gods plan and purpose for humanity is almost here. The resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead highlighted that fact. The resurrection fulfilled the promise ? gave to mankind in the Garden of Eden, when He judged satan and told Him that a Savior was coming to crush his head. Thus, the only thing left know is to usher in Gods kingdom which will be consummated at the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ. Hallelujah!

i've heard dis ? due to my family smh i cant get into religion man its a lot of ridiculous stories nd rules dat last days predictions gotta stop let us live our life without pointin out da negative all da time

I can't get into religion too my friend. It's not about religion to me, it's about a living, thriving, and personal relationship with the King of the Universe, Jesus Christ. That's deeper than religion my brother. That's communion and fellowship with the maker of everything we see and don't see. Fellowship with the King transcends religion my brother. It penetrates the deepest crevices of my soul. It strikes the very being of who I am. ? speaks to me daily my brother and words can never describe what a joy it is to be at peace with ? . Hallelujah!

stories from thousands of years ago dat took place in da middle east just dont do anything for me man

Where the stories originated is meaningless in the grand scheme of things. The central message of the word of ? is the story of the redemption of fallen man by the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. That is what the Bible is all about. While telling the story, the lives of human beings who have fallen are given in vivid detail in order to illustrate how fallen mankind is and how Jesus Christ came to redeem the brokenness that has plagued the human family since our fall in the Garden of Eden. All of our stories are written in the word of ? my brother, we just have to humble ourselves and let the Spirit of ? teach us about it.

And FYI, the stories and prophecies in the bible not only take place all over the world, but in heaven and hell itself. The bible gives us glimpses into the spiritual world, into the realm of the dead, into the millennial kingdom, and into the new heaven and new earth. So to say that it all just takes place in the middle east is very limiting to the actuality of what's really true.

• Cocoa_Butter
    Cocoa_Butter Members Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? rap about killing, ? hoes, materialism and slangin yay. No problem. Throw some Jesus in there, and ? go on a hip hop inquisition.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    Lol @ these comments.

I haven't stated whether or not I believe in ? in this discussion, you're assuming I don't and once again wrong...I didn't mention one time being perfect or attempting to be perfect so once again you're assuming wrong...I know what blasphemy means...I went to Catholic school from K-10th grade so trust and believe if nothing else I HAD to study religion, the Bible, and what it means for years. It was the very basis of my education because that's how Catholic schools operate. Lil Mouse's manager, even though what that kid s rapping about shouldn't be allowed anywhere, is by definition an expression of whoever wrote those lyrics thoughts at the time they were writing them....never did say that the art was good, should be emulated, or even listened to but it fits the definition of it whether you like it or not. As far as the Jay-Z lyric you used, yeah by definition it's blasphemy, but again by sinning alone that's a lack of due respect for ? by doing something you know wouldn't sit right in his eyes so what puts you on a level to judge another person? You acknowledge what you see yet you ignore the numerous examples of Jay stating he believes in ? solely to further the argument that he doesn't? That's bad debating skills. That's the basis of my debate, nobody fit to judge anybody else, yet you and many other Christians of all denominations love to sit on a high horse and tell others what they're doing wrong. That by definition is not a Christian thing to do, but a thread was made based on doing just that.

Pointing out the truth of something is not the judgment of condemnation, which only ? has the right to judge. But rather, it is the judging of seeing things how they really are and pointing it out. Jesus Christ even tells us to do that in the scriptures. He tells us to judge righteously!

"Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment."
    John 7:24

Blasphemy comes from the heart as the scripture states, so if we are going to judge righteous judgments we have to see and hear what people are saying over the course of time. And the evidence of what certain people have said in regards to ? and the LORD Jesus Christ over time certainly gives people ground to call people out for what they truly are.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited November 2012
    Options

Lol @ these comments.

Why? Because:

Hallelujah!

Nah ? the laws didn't change. Also why in the world would the killing of a man who knew he was going to comeback because he's immortal be considered a great sacrifice or a sacrifice at all?

"In fact, the law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness." Hebrews 9:22

The law required that blood must be shed in order for forgiveness. Here is the OT law:

"For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul." Leviticus 17:11

The blood of Jesus Christ was the ultimate sacrifice that ? required for the salvation and redemption of man. ? demonstrated His love for humanity by dying for humanity. Love is an action verb, it's not a feeling. Therefore ? showed what love truly is by providing mankind a Savior. ? sacrificed His Son because He loved humanity.

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13

Love is why Jesus Christ is the ultimate and greatest sacrifice! Hallelujah! What a awesome ? He is! Praise His holy name forever and ever! Praise Him! Praise Him! Praise Him! Let everything that has breath praise ? !
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • ReppinTime
    ReppinTime Members Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    The Bible writers didn't even know the earth is not flat.

"? sits above the circle of the earth. The people below seem like grasshoppers to him! He spreads out the heavens like a curtain and makes his tent from them."-Isaiah 40:22

Womp.

Take your dumb ? to the social lounge you clown.

and to the ? who keeps saying "BUT JAYZ SAID HE BELIEVES IN ? !"
    Who gives a ? you ? , he's a confirmed con artist. His music has said the opposite for over a decade. Outside of the music he's going to say whatever benefits him, and coming out and saying the ? he says over instrumentals would mean idiots like you wouldnt be able to pretend any longer that he isnt clearly against ? and he would lose fans. and more importantly even a satanist would tell you they believe in A '? '. When was the last time Jayz told you WHAT ? he believes in?
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lol @ these comments.

Why? Because:

Hallelujah!

Nah he does, thats what makes him ? hillarious...

He will always grab a scripture out of his ass and interpret it out of context then type Amen or Hallelujah at the end dude is a great pastor.

Leading the people right into the hands of poverty and ignorance while the seekers of knowledge out here young and gettin it.

AMEN
This discussion has been closed.