Options

Comments

• Premeer
    Premeer Members Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    J-GUTTA wrote: »
    100 Prime wrote: »
    AZTG wrote: »
    People are so concerned with where other people go when they die. It never makes sense to me. Like yo why do you care about another person so much?

Christians/muslims/Jews - "your going to hell/heaven!"

Atheist - "your going into the dirt when you die"

Its like yo who the ? cares? Where are you going while you living? Most people who care are the ones going nowhere. Haha

thats what separates atheists from people who are of faith..people of faith have more love and concern for other people than atheist, who like you, couldnt "give a ? " about nothing but yourselves. selfish in your own right.

im jus saying.

You know that's ? b. Many people have died at the hands of people that did it in the name of whom ever.

how is it ? . the comment i commented on is self explanatory. he said why would anybody care where i go when i die.. thats a athiest talking.

a man of faith is concerned about where you go when you die cuz we dont want nobody to suffer.

simple as that.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    Doctopian wrote: »
    You might have a point (if weak) if Gates, Buffett, and Zuckerberg didn't pledge to donate over half of their fortunes to charity. Just concede the point; there is no use in trying to save face.

they can pledge whatever they want but will they do it. a promise is a comfort to a fool.

Wow that is irony for yo ASS!!!!!!

The thing is religious people can see the actions of ? in life because we have faith in ? , but warren buffet saying he is going to do something and you believing means you have to have faith in man, the problem with that is man changes his mind at the drop of a dime, man changes with the situation. ? does not change with the situation he changes the situation.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wow man....really?

There is no point that $20 is going to mean more than $1,000,000. Ask a person in need which amount they would rather have contributed to them.

To the person giving that 20 with only 40 and in the eyes of ? that 20 is worth much more than the 1,000,000 because 40 is all they had.

worth : the value of something measured by its qualities or by the esteem in which it is held.

If you go to the church, and offer them the $20 from the guy who has $40, or $1,000,000 from the guy who has a $1,000,000,000, which would the church take?

The church is not ? i could care less about what the church wants it's not about them.

I'll answer the question, the church will take the million, and priest/pastor will probably spend a grip of that on hoes or little boys nh

i can't blame you for having this line of thought.

but you are taking cases of catholic or even protestant ? and using it to form an opinion about the religion as a whole.
  • Premeer
    Options
    You are born atheist, no matter what color your skin is.

It is not an "ideology", it is as natural and involuntary as breathing.

LOL!!! this guy here is silly. entertaining with his assumptions to say the least.

you talk as if you KNOW exactly what you are talking about . like everything you say is fact. but really, everything that come out your mouth is opinions. silly 1s at that. entertaining none-the-less.

So you are one of those that believes children are born religious, or born speaking a certain language huh?

sigh...another DRO

LMFAOOOOOOOO
    lol you got a million and 1 assumptions.

this board is so simple minded, yall cant differentiate the difference between faith and religion lol. that says all that needs to be said about who im talking to.

i explained the difference between being a christian and religion, if you cant comprehend that, then thats your problem. dont try to make me look stupid cuz your limited comprehension levels.

and i already knew what i was up against commenting on here on a board that is atheist dominated. im up against the machine right now solo dolo lol it is what it is.

• Doctopian
    Doctopian Members Posts: 305 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    PK_TK_187 wrote: »
    how this ? ? go tell us what ? would value more?
    would he value 20 saved souls over 2000 ? boi?

It makes sense if you work within the Christian paradigm, but even then it falls flat. He's working from the perspective that the sacrifice made by the individual is greater than the amount they actually give, but Bill's 95% and Warren's 87% are still greater than the 50% that Zombie's hypothetical poor person was willing to give.
  • PK_TK_187
    PK_TK_187 Members Posts: 2,240
    Options
    but how do you know the atheist doesnt have just as much of a giving heart?
    thats bigotry at its finest because you guys are riding for the poor Christian and know nothing about the atheist
  • Premeer
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    Over all IMO preachy people are annoying to me. It's been about 2 months or so but I just took a step back and said prayers are ? and religion is ? . But I would never ever tell someone their stupid to believe what they believe.
    religion has nothing to do with faith. im a christian.. i dont belong to a religion.

You're Christian, you're apart of a religious group, therefore you belong to a religion.
    not at all... religions stem from christian FAITH.. my faith is christian because i believe in Jesus and accept him as my own personal savior.. i believe in CHRIST, therefore, im a CHRISTian... i dont belong to a "religion"..

you have religions that are christian faith based.. but Christianity itself is not a religion, its a faith.

cuzzin what the ? are you talking about??
    religion wrote:
    a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects
    cuzzin.. wtf is so hard to understand the difference between religion and faith. clearly this is something beyond yo comprehension so miss me with yo ? comments.

yeah anger usually sets in when your dumb as ?

? .. faith is a generic term .. you can literally have faith in the mayan calander or anything ? thing.
    religion is a set of beliefs. you have the same set of beliefs as any other christian but youre not one of them?? LOL

list the differences between your belief and theirs. just the fact that theres a whole slew of confused morons like you out here now jusitifes us not only assigning you to the "religious" label but ? you even have your own sect

the "we aint christian" christians

LOL
    Over all IMO preachy people are annoying to me. It's been about 2 months or so but I just took a step back and said prayers are ? and religion is ? . But I would never ever tell someone their stupid to believe what they believe.
    religion has nothing to do with faith. im a christian.. i dont belong to a religion.

You're Christian, you're apart of a religious group, therefore you belong to a religion.
    not at all... religions stem from christian FAITH.. my faith is christian because i believe in Jesus and accept him as my own personal savior.. i believe in CHRIST, therefore, im a CHRISTian... i dont belong to a "religion"..

you have religions that are christian faith based.. but Christianity itself is not a religion, its a faith.

cuzzin what the ? are you talking about??
    religion wrote:
    a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects
    cuzzin.. wtf is so hard to understand the difference between religion and faith. clearly this is something beyond yo comprehension so miss me with yo ? comments.

yeah anger usually sets in when your dumb as ?

? .. faith is a generic term .. you can literally have faith in the mayan calander or anything ? thing.
    religion is a set of beliefs. you have the same set of beliefs as any other christian but youre not one of them?? LOL

list the differences between your belief and theirs. just the fact that theres a whole slew of confused morons like you out here now jusitifes us not only assigning you to the "religious" label but ? you even have your own sect

the "we aint christian" christians

LOL

lol wow.. i can tell just by reading you dont know a lick about what you think you know. not even worth my time or typing strokes.

i would elaborate but ignorance is bliss.

oh you can tell huh??

you have faith in that huh??

well by all means .. we are all here listening. you have the floor

tell us the difference between you and a christian besides the fact that you dont call yourself one.

..................... goofy motha ? lol
  • PK_TK_187
    PK_TK_187 Members Posts: 2,240
    Options
    ? has changed his mind plenty of times according to the Bible
    you "Christians" are jokes
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    You might have a point (if weak) if Gates, Buffett, and Zuckerberg didn't pledge to donate over half of their fortunes to charity. Just concede the point; there is no use in trying to save face.

they can pledge whatever they want but will they do it. a promise is a comfort to a fool.

Where you been the last few years...Warren Buffet been giving away money for a long ass time. Bill Gates too....they give away so much money ? 's not even newsworthy
  • zombie
    Options
    It makes sense if you work within the Christian paradigm, but even then it falls flat. He's working from the perspective that the sacrifice made by the individual is greater than the amount they actually give, but Bill's 95% and Warren's 87% are still greater than the 50% that Zombie's hypothetical poor person was willing to give.

No it's not because bill's remaining 5 percent will keep him without a worry in the world. When it come to money There is no real sacrifice there.
  • TheIraq
    TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This a funny thread... Lol I was on facebook (not a credible site) and they asked if a female gets more than two abortions is she a serial killer? lol... Certain things dont need to be talked about on the internet.... Religion is one of those things... And yes she is a serial killer for more than 2 abortions
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    What about the sick, dying, starving people on the other side of our world? What about the homeless couple down the street on the corner everyday? What about the victims of disasters in the world?

millions of christians pray about that stuff on a daily basis. and christians, probably give more than any other group of people, WILLINGLY donate more money, time, and work towards helping people after a natural disaster or helping the homeless, poor, and sick. yes tons of christians are hypocrites and arrogant. but so are people in general.

@the bold...exactly...i don't know when people are going realize their beef isn't with religion itself but the ? followers and people who will tell you you're amoral for not believing exactly how they do or in whatever ? they do. Or the people who will swear they're smarter because they don't believe. Those are personality traits of people not religion.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jesus saves!!

Saves you from what?
  • Matt-
    Options
    Other than picking and choosing quotes from the bible without understanding the context, and making judgements based on what's in the news, do atheists and agnostics really understand any religion?
  • zombie
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

Where you been the last few years...Warren Buffet been giving away money for a long ass time. Bill Gates too....they give away so much money ? 's not even newsworthy

I don't doubt they are giving away money i just don't believe nor can it be proved that they are giving away over half of their fortune.
  • TheIraq
    TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn Christians are so judgemental........
  • Doctopian
    Doctopian Members Posts: 305 ✭✭✭
    Options
    No it's not because bill's remaining 5 percent will keep him without a worry in the world. When it come to money There is no real sacrifice there.

You people are nothing if not obstinate.

First, you allow your emotions to get the better of you and make the erroneous claim that the religious do more for others than non-believers. Once I call you on that, you shift it to an argument of sacrifice/proportionality. Once you're corrected about the proportions, you want to lean on making the sacrifice more arbitrary than concrete. You guys stay moving the goal posts...
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    .IRS. wrote: »
    Jesus saves!!
    Saves you from what?
    And you can't count your chickens before they hatch......

• Matt-
    Options

First, you allow your emotions to get the better of you and make the erroneous claim that the religious do more for others than non-believers. Once I call you on that, you shift it to an argument of sacrifice/proportionality. Once you're corrected about the proportions, you want to lean on making the sacrifice more arbitrary than concrete. You guys stay moving the goal posts...

What groups other than religious groups willingly do more for the sick, poor, etc... Not talking about who has more millionaires giving money, I'm not about numbers, as in people
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wow man....really?

There is no point that $20 is going to mean more than $1,000,000. Ask a person in need which amount they would rather have contributed to them.

To the person giving that 20 with only 40 and in the eyes of ? that 20 is worth much more than the 1,000,000 because 40 is all they had.

worth : the value of something measured by its qualities or by the esteem in which it is held.

If you go to the church, and offer them the $20 from the guy who has $40, or $1,000,000 from the guy who has a $1,000,000,000, which would the church take?

The church is not ? i could care less about what the church wants it's not about them.

I'll answer the question, the church will take the million, and priest/pastor will probably spend a grip of that on hoes or little boys nh

but you are taking cases of catholic or even protestant ? and using it to form an opinion about the religion as a whole.

All I'm saying is that the church will value a rich mans million more then a poor mans $20
  • zombie
    Options

My claim was not erroneous religious people do give more that atheist there have been studies done on this there are stats that back up my claim just do a google. You corrected me on nothing but because you did not understand what i was saying in the first place i had to elaborate.
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Isn't faith just another word for hope.
  • Matt-
    Options
    Wow man....really?

All I'm saying is that the church will value a rich mans million more then a poor mans $20

I think they value it the same. But obviously more can be done with a million
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Jesus saves!!

Saves you from what?

My sins, the great white throne judgment, the lake of fire, and the 2nd death.

• AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wow man....really?

I think they value it the same. But obviously more can be done with a million

Ima have to very respectfully say get the ? outa here with all that ?