Does "race" exist in modern humans????

Options

Comments

• Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bambu wrote: »
    @bambu
    So adaptations the ability to sweat less, have paler skin, or have resistances to is a testament to there being a different race? Then let's just separate everything that has minute differences into groups. You'd have hundreds of different races based on your(their) trivial, frivolous classifications on race.

It's an exercise in stupidity and manipulation, to create different races out of minute mundane details. So to your logic your the ability to sweat less means your a whole new race well then what about West Africans who sweat less do they get grouped in the "asian" race? < Don't answer that it's a rhetorical question, SMH at you arguing with an actual biologist too btw. I hate google scholars

@affiliatemoney101.....

LOL at your lame ass "scholarship".......

I have a few degrees as well, however I did not come here to speak on my accomplishments......

It is funny how evolutionists claim "common descent" but claim egalitarian views towards the human race......

You liken yourself to a biologist........

Digest this.......

How big is 2%?

"2% of a trillion music Cd's( each CD holds 700 megs of data).If "one" music cd can hold 700 megs, 2% of that would be 14 megs(the 2% of one cd). So 14 megs times 1 trillion = 14 trillion megs! This is how much information 1 DNA molecule holds at the 2% level. And since there are 75 trillion cells, average, in the human body to get the total DNA information, it would be 14 trillion(information on one DNA molecule) times 75 trillion molecules(average DNA molecules in a human body). So 14 trillion times 75 trillion = 1050 trillion megs of DNA information through out your whole body. 2% of that is 21 trillion megs. Get the picture?"

The 2% genetic (biological) variations that science speaks of in humans is so big that science has very well hidden it. It is most definitely large enough to differentiate the "races."

It's only natural, actual facts are thrown at you, the impact will blow trees back and ? statues.....

tumblr_majym31Zyw1rxevt4o1_500.jpg
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are humans too genetically similar to be classified as various races????
    LMAO @ajackson17
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    Face it man, race doesn't exist in the subspecies ? ? sapiens.

@Ajackson17.......

Prove it ? ......
    They already proved it man. They gave you the information. Your the type to believe Zeus an imaginary figure throws lightening bolts from Olympus
  • Cocoa_Butter
    Cocoa_Butter Members Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are there seperate genetically classifiable races????
    @Ajackson17.....

Nice try ? ? ......

But none of ya'll ? got a response.....

Get off the bandwagon ? .......
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    Why are you catching feelings no one is agreeing with you? There is not enough division for us to be a sub sub species LOL. Globalization definitely stopped this from ever happening. Just say we agree to disagree and be cool not I disagree to disagree.
  • bambu
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    Why are you catching feelings no one is agreeing with you? There is not enough division for us to be a sub sub species LOL. Globalization definitely stopped this from ever happening. Just say we agree to disagree and be cool not I disagree to disagree.

? off ? .....

I am not looking for your approval........

Provide some evidence for your claim or counter-evidence for my earlier posts........

Or else......

Get the ? up outta here with that ? ......
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    On everything, these responses was in a thread about Christianity in Hip-Hop a few months ago..
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For the record: race is a societal construct. Its just another way of humans separating themselves from each other. If everyone was Black, we'd separate by ethnicity, environment, skin pigments etc. We are social creatures and we create groups to "belong" to and groups to "otherize".
  • bambu
    edited January 2013
    Options
    kai_valya wrote: »
    i love how retards like to argue about science like facts are arguable. they're really not, and if you try to argue a fact you just end up making yourself look like a crazy person

@kai_valya....

http://youtu.be/ph-5cuJgVRs

What facts????

You have not even responded to my post....

Retardo.....
  • bambu
    edited January 2013
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    For the record: race is a societal construct. Its just another way of humans separating themselves from each other.

If race was solely a "social construct".......

There would be no way to differentiate humans by their continental origins (race) genetically (biologically).......

We can......
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    If race was solely a "social construct".......

There would be no way to differentiate humans by their continental origins (race) genetically (biologically).......

We can......

When DNA is tested, the results do not show differentiation between "races" but rather the similarities with other groups of people based on location. For instance, I, just as well as anyone could have DNA testing and come up with ancestry based in a particular region. The test is not to tell me what "race" I am but instead, where my ancestors come from. There may be differences between Ethiopians, Jamaicans and Nigerians because they come from different places but thru social construction, you may place them under the same racial umbrella (black, ? .. etc. and whatever). The same goes for Japanese and Chinese people. So to sum up, it's about region first, not necessarily the people.

That's where your confusion is birthed. Like I've been saying all along,
    DNA studies do not indicate that separate classifiable subspecies (races) exist within modern humans. While different genes for physical traits such as skin and hair color can be identified between individuals, no consistent patterns of genes across the human genome exist to distinguish one race from another. There also is no genetic basis for divisions of human ethnicity. People who have lived in the same geographic region for many generations may have some alleles in common, but no allele will be found in all members of one population and in no members of any other.
    http://www.ornl.gov/sci/techresources/Human_Genome/elsi/minorities.shtml

• zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Because of the ever changing nature of science bambu may be proven right some day, as of right now there is just not enough solid evidence to say that race exist in the way he wants it to. I would prefer it if whites were aliens and not even human but that does not seem to be the case, or maybe the difference between whites and blacks is analogous to the differences between chimps and bonobos. This science is incomplete.
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if u gotta ask.......

it still exists
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    Because of the ever changing nature of science bambu may be proven right some day, as of right now there is just not enough solid evidence to say that race exist in the way he wants it to. I would prefer it if whites were aliens and not even human but that does not seem to be the case, or maybe the difference between whites and blacks is analogous to the differences between chimps and bonobos. This science is incomplete.

I can ? with this statement mynicca1.png, but that other noise Bambu was making o9pwgi.jpg
  • bambu
    edited January 2013
    Options

The science is more complete than most individuals think.......

@Oceanic.....

Bambu will be proven right.....

Today......

"The heart-disease drug BiDil is marketed exclusively to African-Americans, who seem genetically predisposed to respond to it. Jews are offered prenatal tests for genetic disorders rarely found in other ethnic groups.

Such developments are providing some of the first tangible benefits of the genetic revolution. Yet some social critics fear they may also be giving long-discredited racial prejudices a new potency. The notion that race is more than skin deep, they fear, could undermine principles of equal treatment and opportunity that have relied on the presumption that we are all fundamentally equal."

Egalitarianism and evolution don't mix like two ? and no ? ......
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I avoid pseudo intellectual threads because they make you stupid as ? . I loathe super smart dummies
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The science is more complete than most individuals think.......

@Oceanic.....

Bambu will be proven right.....

Today......

"The heart-disease drug BiDil is marketed exclusively to African-Americans, who seem genetically predisposed to respond to it. Jews are offered prenatal tests for genetic disorders rarely found in other ethnic groups.

Such developments are providing some of the first tangible benefits of the genetic revolution. Yet some social critics fear they may also be giving long-discredited racial prejudices a new potency. The notion that race is more than skin deep, they fear, could undermine principles of equal treatment and opportunity that have relied on the presumption that we are all fundamentally equal."

Egalitarianism and evolution don't mix like two ? and no ? ......

Interesting....I was just reading about BiDil.

"NitroMed, The Cambridge Mass., biotechnology firm that developed BiDil, claims that it is the first specifically tailored medication to treat CHF (congestive heart failure) in an estimated 750k African-American patients..."

Sound good right? Then....

"...BiDil began life not as a specialized medication tailored for African-American heart patients but for the general public...

I'm tired of typing already so I'll cut to the point. BiDil is a failed heart medicine that couldn't be passed by the FDA so it was switched to a specialized medication for Black folks. In order to do this they considered CHF a "black problem" even though Black deaths were 1.1 for every 1 white person that died. The data is ? up, NitroMed exaggerated Black deaths by using outdated information to get the drug through the FDA, and then when it was up for testing it was tested in conjunction with other already existing medications. Because its been passed and okayed for advertisement as a Black medicine there is no reason for it to be tested on whites.

In other words, its bunk. You got fooled by clever advertising.

Source: Medical Apartheid., Washington., Harriet A. pgs. 321-324
  • bambu
    Options
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »
    I avoid pseudo intellectual threads because they make you stupid as ? . I loathe super smart dummies

I name names
  • Doctopian
    Doctopian Members Posts: 305 ✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? is still here?
  • bambu
    Options

perhaps "someday" differences between human beings will rise to the level of different races, but diversions like that take a long time to emerge, like 100s of thousands of years perhaps even millions

bees have different races, bees have also been around for over a 100 million years. difference between races of bees have had enough time to develop and emerge and these differences have been present along historical lineages. modern human beings on the other hand have only been around for 200k years if you wanna be generous and include anatomically correct ? sapiens, and only 70,000 years old if we're talking fully neurologically developed humans. no such constant, measurable differences exist

Supreme speculation.....
  • bambu
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Triple post......
  • bambu
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I'm high........
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

perhaps "someday" differences between human beings will rise to the level of different races, but diversions like that take a long time to emerge, like 100s of thousands of years perhaps even millions

bees have different races, bees have also been around for over a 100 million years. difference between races of bees have had enough time to develop and emerge and these differences have been present along historical lineages. modern human beings on the other hand have only been around for 200k years if you wanna be generous and include anatomically correct ? sapiens, and only 70,000 years old if we're talking fully neurologically developed humans. no such constant, measurable differences exist

That we can measure now. the smallest difference among populations may mean more than we think we know. could it not be that these seemingly small differences found among the so called races of man mean more than we currently know. Maybe we are biologically different from each other in a way that we have not found out yet.

A chimp looks like a bonobo but they are nothing alike they can even breed but they are two very different creatures.
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol@ a guy who stated science will reveal ? one day

Another guy who argue about evolution focusing on natural selection telling us to prove it.

When there is abundance of evidence in the fossil record and DNA

? outta here