Does "race" exist in modern humans????

Options

Comments

• bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Are there seperate genetically classifiable races????
    kai_valya wrote: »
    you can't just make up ? and say maybe it's this maybe it's that, that's not science

in what way that "we have not found" would we be different?

do y'all base any of the ? you spew on science or do y'all just talk out of your ass at will?

i don't have the time nor the patience to walk the willfully ignorant thru basic scientific facts. i suggest reading a book or taking a class, because i know with such certainty that'd bet my life on it, that y'all have not gotten any type of meaningful science education at all to hold the totally asinine "beliefs" that you do

the way y'all word your posts and the numerous logical fallacies littered therein makes that readily apparent

just look at this thread if you wanna see why america is nearly dead last in science in the world. for some reason, some people in this country believes science is debateable

unless you have scientific proof to back up the claims you make, they're not on the same level as ACTUAL PROVEN FACTS dipshits

sorry for the rant, this type of thing just irks the hell out of me

@kai_valya.....

Dizzy dame.......

How do you think new scientific advances are made???????

Someone steps up and challenges old ways of thought.........

F.Y.I........

Science is very debatable......

Unless you believe everything white folks tell you.......

And where are the "facts" you keep talking about???????

The only one making ? up is you and them dumb ? cosigning you.....
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are humans too genetically similar to be classified as various races????
    @Kai_Valya

It's good thing you ended it early.

It would have gotten way worse.
  • ohhhla
    Options
    @Kai_Valya

Ahh, weed. The most relaxing drug, imo.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why do you guys keep awakening KIA?!
    Anyway, Kai is right, we are too similar to be separated the parameters need to be at least .25% and we don't even make .12% difference. White superiority is not genetic its psychological at the heart of it and human weakness that we all share.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    Because of the ever changing nature of science bambu may be proven right some day, as of right now there is just not enough solid evidence to say that race exist in the way he wants it to. I would prefer it if whites were aliens and not even human but that does not seem to be the case, or maybe the difference between whites and blacks is analogous to the differences between chimps and bonobos. This science is incomplete.

perhaps "someday" differences between human beings will rise to the level of different races, but diversions like that take a long time to emerge, like 100s of thousands of years perhaps even millions

bees have different races, bees have also been around for over a 100 million years. difference between races of bees have had enough time to develop and emerge and these differences have been present along historical lineages. modern human beings on the other hand have only been around for 200k years if you wanna be generous and include anatomically correct ? sapiens, and only 70,000 years old if we're talking fully neurologically developed humans. no such constant, measurable differences exist

That we can measure now. the smallest difference among populations may mean more than we think we know. could it not be that these seemingly small differences found among the so called races of man mean more than we currently know. Maybe we are biologically different from each other in a way that we have not found out yet.

A chimp looks like a bonobo but they are nothing alike they can even breed but they are two very different creatures.

you can't just make up ? and say maybe it's this maybe it's that, that's not science

do y'all base any of the ? you spew on science or do y'all just talk out of your ass at will?

i don't have the time nor the patience to walk the willfully ignorant thru basic scientific facts. i suggest reading a book or taking a class, because i know with such certainty that'd bet my life on it, that y'all have not gotten any type of meaningful science education at all to hold the totally asinine "beliefs" that you do

the way y'all word your posts and the numerous logical fallacies littered therein makes that readily apparent

just look at this thread if you wanna see why america is nearly dead last in science in the world. for some reason, some people in this country believes science is debateable

unless you have scientific proof to back up the claims you make, they're not on the same level as ACTUAL PROVEN FACTS dipshits

A fact is not a true unless it cannot be disproved. Here is a fact we do not know the effect that every gene has on our bodies. We do not fully understand how all genes effect our brains,emotions or other functions of the body. I mean for ? sake white people have neatherthal dna in them. I am not saying race exist in biology but i am saying that we don't really know because we do not understand our bodies 100 percent yet.
  • ohhhla
    Options
    ohhhla wrote: »
    Lol@ a guy who stated science will reveal ? one day

Another guy who argue about evolution focusing on natural selection telling us to prove it.

When there is abundance of evidence in the fossil record and DNA

? outta here

you know what's hilarious, asking evolution-denyers (aka morons) why they're getting a new flu shot each year if they don't believe in evolution lol

Exactly. Theory of Evolution is graduation point of that discovery that explains everything.

It's applicable in everything in science.

• DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ohhhla's avi looks happy as ? .. like he's watching Louis CK or Chris Rock or some ? ..
  • bambu
    edited January 2013
    Options
    bambu wrote: »

@kai_valya.....

Dizzy dame.......

How do you think new scientific advances are made???????

Someone steps up and challenges old ways of thought.........

F.Y.I........

Science is very debatable......

Unless you believe everything white folks tell you.......

who does the bolded? other scientists.

some random ? who doesn't know his ass from his elbow does not get to challenge ? because he doesn't know anything about anything.

that'd be like letting someone fix your car cuz they looked under a hood once. sure doctor you can perform the surgery, you played operation before haven't you?

how do they make these advances? through experimentation. how the hell are you gonna do any type of investigation and research and experimentation when you don't know the first thing about the subject.

if you are really interested in learning about it actually go and learn about it

and where did you get white folks from? it's clear you have an agenda, and science has no agenda, don't get upset with it because it doesn't agree with your agenda

your approach itself is the antithesis of science, you already have your "result" and want to make the evidence fit a preconceived result, where as science lets the evidence lead to the result

@kai_valya.....

? please.....

You dont know who the ? I am.......

You question my intelligence with an emotional rant........

However you forgot to bring any evidence or "facts" with you.........

I posted my research and the only one of ya'll that addressed it was @Oceanic and @Jono.......

If you would like to test my intelligence please provide some of your "facts that cannot be debated".....

Or address the information that I previously posted......

Or get the ? up outta here with that ? .......

Or....

http://youtu.be/ph-5cuJgVRs
  • zombie
    Options
    Because of the ever changing nature of science bambu may be proven right some day, as of right now there is just not enough solid evidence to say that race exist in the way he wants it to. I would prefer it if whites were aliens and not even human but that does not seem to be the case, or maybe the difference between whites and blacks is analogous to the differences between chimps and bonobos. This science is incomplete.

perhaps "someday" differences between human beings will rise to the level of different races, but diversions like that take a long time to emerge, like 100s of thousands of years perhaps even millions

bees have different races, bees have also been around for over a 100 million years. difference between races of bees have had enough time to develop and emerge and these differences have been present along historical lineages. modern human beings on the other hand have only been around for 200k years if you wanna be generous and include anatomically correct ? sapiens, and only 70,000 years old if we're talking fully neurologically developed humans. no such constant, measurable differences exist

That we can measure now. the smallest difference among populations may mean more than we think we know. could it not be that these seemingly small differences found among the so called races of man mean more than we currently know. Maybe we are biologically different from each other in a way that we have not found out yet.

A chimp looks like a bonobo but they are nothing alike they can even breed but they are two very different creatures.

A fact is not a true unless it cannot be disproved. Here is a fact we do not know the effect that every gene has on our bodies. We do not fully understand how all genes effect our brains,emotions or other functions of the body. I mean for ? sake white people have neatherthal dna in them. I am not saying race exist in biology but i am saying that we don't really know because we do not understand our bodies 100 percent yet.

show me that you can disprove the fact that differences between ? sapiens does not rise to the level of different races then

I cannot, i never said that i believe race exist biologically what i am telling you is that there does not exist enough information to say if it exist or not. But i think that it does
  • bambu
    Options

show me that you can disprove the fact that differences between ? sapiens does not rise to the level of different races then

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR0U4FCUOOAdN1-TTLvE3CKzyefLD-LGAAJ8SkGlziIbLIq3BU

@kai_valya.......

“There are clear differences between people of different continental ancestries,” said Marcus W. Feldman, a professor of biological sciences at Stanford University. “It’s not there yet for things like I.Q., but I can see it coming. And it has the potential to spark a new era of racism if we do not start explaining it better.”

1110-nat-subDNAb.gif
    http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/11/us/11dna.html?pagewanted=all

• fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man who cares if race "exists" or not. People are always gonna classify themselves by race and it will always be racism.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People are different, no doubt about it. Same species, different ethnicities, but the term "race" is getting played since everyone is cross-breeding - except some stubborn races (looking at you Kai).
  • bambu
    edited January 2013
    Options

@kai_valya.......

“There are clear differences between people of different continental ancestries,” said Marcus W. Feldman, a professor of biological sciences at Stanford University. “It’s not there yet for things like I.Q., but I can see it coming. And it has the potential to spark a new era of racism if we do not start explaining it better.”

1110-nat-subDNAb.gif
    http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/11/us/11dna.html?pagewanted=all

that is your "proof" oh okay

how far did you get in your science education my dear?

@kai_valya.....

Evidence......

Not "proof".......

I am an educator.....

So you should not concern yourself with the level of my "science education".........

Again.....

You forgot to bring YOUR evidence or "facts that cannot be debated"........
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Two words tossed around like candy on the IC

Fact and logic

Ironically neither are 100 percent dependable
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man who cares if race "exists" or not. People are always gonna classify themselves by race and it will always be racism.
  • ohhhla
    Options
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »

Fact and logic

Nothing is in life, if you say so that's intellectually dishonest
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »

Fact and logic

Every truth is but half truth
  • bambu
    edited January 2013
    Options

The people who want African and indigenous people to be wiped off the face of this planet........
    ohhhla wrote: »
    Lol@ a guy who stated science will reveal ? one day

Another guy who argue about evolution focusing on natural selection telling us to prove it.

When there is abundance of evidence in the fossil record and DNA

? outta here

you know what's hilarious, asking evolution-denyers (aka morons) why they're getting a new flu shot each year if they don't believe in evolution lol

@kai_valya.....

Dont be dumb.......

http://youtu.be/deS8zhtU4N0

jono wrote: »

The science is more complete than most individuals think.......

@Oceanic.....

Bambu will be proven right.....

Today......

"The heart-disease drug BiDil is marketed exclusively to African-Americans, who seem genetically predisposed to respond to it. Jews are offered prenatal tests for genetic disorders rarely found in other ethnic groups.

Such developments are providing some of the first tangible benefits of the genetic revolution. Yet some social critics fear they may also be giving long-discredited racial prejudices a new potency. The notion that race is more than skin deep, they fear, could undermine principles of equal treatment and opportunity that have relied on the presumption that we are all fundamentally equal."

Egalitarianism and evolution don't mix like two ? and no ? ......

Interesting....I was just reading about BiDil.

"NitroMed, The Cambridge Mass., biotechnology firm that developed BiDil, claims that it is the first specifically tailored medication to treat CHF (congestive heart failure) in an estimated 750k African-American patients..."

Sound good right? Then....

"...BiDil began life not as a specialized medication tailored for African-American heart patients but for the general public...

I'm tired of typing already so I'll cut to the point. BiDil is a failed heart medicine that couldn't be passed by the FDA so it was switched to a specialized medication for Black folks. In order to do this they considered CHF a "black problem" even though Black deaths were 1.1 for every 1 white person that died. The data is ? up, NitroMed exaggerated Black deaths by using outdated information to get the drug through the FDA, and then when it was up for testing it was tested in conjunction with other already existing medications. Because its been passed and okayed for advertisement as a Black medicine there is no reason for it to be tested on whites.

In other words, its bunk. You got fooled by clever advertising.

Source: Medical Apartheid., Washington., Harriet A. pgs. 321-324

@Jono.......

Medical Apartheid is a good book........

However

Regardless of the fuckery surrounding BiDil.......

There is still a preponderance of evidence for biological variation between humans of different continental origins.....

So actually you are the one that has been fooled by clever advertising and marketing schemes.......
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Logic can be subjective and Objective but each will have both so we will only have half truths in this world until we can understand the core specific theory or better yet fact of what binds this universe and is the center of all existence. Until we have that everything is going to be objective with some subjectiveness in it.
  • LUClEN
    Options
    i changed my mind. I say yes from a sub species stand point.

If we can classify dogs into sub species or breeds on the basis of very noticeable physical differences it only makes sense humans could also be put into various groups in this way.
  • zombie
    Options
    white people have up to 4% of neanderthal in them but i guess this is a small difference to people like kai. I mean what the ? .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYAYJEklql4
  • LUClEN
    Options
    Not just whites b. It's all those not of african heritage.
  • bambu
    edited January 2013
    Options
    LOL.....

@kia_valya......@VIBE......@Oceanic.....@FuriousOne..... and the rest of you ? Darwinists......

I know ya'll ? is happy this ? got moved.....

But whenever you get bold.....

You know where to find a hot dose of ether.......

With that being said.........

I had to destroy a thread about all that Neanderthal-European connection not too long ago.......

I actually sort-of agree with @kia_valya on this one........

The European-Neanderthal connection is overblown........

As the true ancestors of Europeans was Cro-Magnon......

But we put-up or shut-up round here in the R&R.........

Stop hiding from my posts the truth baby girl...........
    9281453.jpg?434
    Civilization or Barbarism, by Cheikh Anta Diop, pp. 15-16:

"The Grimaldi Negroids have left their numerous traces all over Europe and Asia, from the Iberian Peninsula to Lake Baykal in Siberia, passing through France, Austria, the Crimea, and the Basin of Don, etc. In these last two regions, the late Soviet Professor Mikhail Gerasimov, a scholar of rare objectivity, identified the Negroid type from skulls found in the Middle Mousterian period.

If one bases one's judgment on morphology, the first White appeared only around 20,000 years ago: the Cro-Magnon Man. He is probably the result of a mutation from the Grimaldi Negroid due to an existence of 20,000 years in the excessively cold climate of Europe at the end of the last glaciation.

The Basques, who live today in the Franco-Catabrian region where the Cro-Magnon was born, would be his descendants; in any case there are many of them in the southern region of France."

1585358.jpg?478
  • zombie
    Options
    white people have up to 4% of neanderthal in them but i guess this is a small difference to people like kai. I mean what the ? .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYAYJEklql4

this theory has been disproven, the shared dna came from a shared ancestor, not from hybridization or reproduction between the two hominid species.

It begins with a common ancestors of Neanderthals and H. sapiens who lived around half a million years ago in parts of Africa and Europe.

Around 300,000 to 350,000 years ago, the European population and the African population of this hominid became separated.

Living in genetic isolation, the European range evolved bit by bit into Neanderthals, while the African range eventually became H. sapiens, which expanded in waves out of Africa from around 60,000 to 70,000 years ago.

communities of H. sapiens that were geographically closer to Europe - possibly in North Africa - retained a relatively larger share of the ancestral genes, according to the theory.

They also became the first colonizers of Eurasia during the progressive 'Out of Africa' migration.

This could explain why modern-day Europeans and Asians but not Africans have the tiny bit of genetic similarity with Neanderthals.

"Our work shows clearly that the patterns currently seen in the Neanderthal genome are not exceptional, and are in line with our expectations of what we would see without hybridization," says Manica.

"So, if any hybridization occurred - it's difficult to conclusively prove it never happened - then it would have been minimal and much less than what people are claiming now."

http://news.discovery.com/human/evolution/neanderthals-humans-interbreed-120816.htm

you can read this more in depth study if you'd like

http://www.plosbiology.org/article/info:doi/10.1371/journal.pbio.0020421

If they cannot prove it Never conclusively happened then that means it could have. So non africans might still be neanderthal mix breeds.