Options

Comments

• Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I love our height at WR and TE.

Colston, Toon, and Morgan all 6'3 and taller
    Jimmy and Watson 6'6 and 6'5

Moore the only short WR at 5'10 and I think Stills gon find his role as a Slot on this team and hes a legit 6'0 or 6'1 with great speed and agility.

I never seen him play the slot but he got the skill set to play it..
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Well Morgan bout 6'2
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    They put the pads on tomorrow.

Wish I can be there and see how the defense is looking.
  • Shizlansky
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I like to see this two on the outside.

And when we in the opponents 30, move Colston to the slot and Toon on the outside with Jimmy on the line.

2mhtwdx.jpg
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

And when we in the opponents 30, move Colston to the slot and Toon on the outside with Jimmy on the line.

2mhtwdx.jpg

I think my ? Colston gonna have a big year, he due for a breakout season to show that he is one of the elite receivers, he gets overlooked alot
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    south4life wrote: »

2mhtwdx.jpg

I think my ? Colston gonna have a big year, he due for a breakout season to show that he is one of the elite receivers, he gets overlooked alot

Exactly.

Colston is second in the league in receiveing TDs since 06.

• south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    south4life wrote: »

2mhtwdx.jpg

Exactly.

Colston is second in the league in receiveing TDs since 06.

He doesn't get as much shine as say Greg Jennings, Megatron or Larry Fitzgerald
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    How many WRs ya'll think we gon keep?

Colston, Moore, Morgan, Toon, Stills, Tanner, and Leonard..

We all know Moore due to miss 2 to 3 games with injuries

I say 6 with Tanner and Leonard fighting for that spot.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Get the pads young ?

ru61pk.jpg
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    13152326-mmmain.jpg

They say Will Smith went from 282 lbs down to 268 lbs? Who in here really believe dat?
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Standing next to Rob Ryan would make you look like you dropped almost 20 pounds though.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who are the odd men out at wide receiver for the Saints?
    http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2013/07/who_is_the_odd_man_out_at_wide.html#incart_river

Great article from NOLA.com

Who is not going to make the final roster?

I say Tanner and Toon. Hakim and Stills will make it. I picked Toon only because he has to really show more than promise. Stills will get the benefit of the doubt. Tanner hasnt showed that he is more than a backup. Roby is a proven vet that is a special teams guy. Hakim is a speedster that has to be a kr/pr to make the team. He has questionable hands. If he learns to catch and tackle on special teams. He will supplant Roby eventually.
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Saints play the Niners this year, Vaccaro might get a chance to tackle his clone Kaep.
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1699966-the-rookies-what-nfl-rookie-is-colin-kaepernicks-dopleganger

Don't know if this was posted in the thread, Vaccaro walking down Bourbon St and everybody thinks he's Kaep
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2013/07/who_is_the_odd_man_out_at_wide.html#incart_river

I say Tanner and Toon. Hakim and Stills will make it. I picked Toon only because he has to really show more than promise. Stills will get the benefit of the doubt. Tanner hasnt showed that he is more than a backup. Roby is a proven vet that is a special teams guy. Hakim is a speedster that has to be a kr/pr to make the team. He has questionable hands. If he learns to catch and tackle on special teams. He will supplant Roby eventually.

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2013/07/saints_second-year_receiver_ni.html

This article about Nick Toon doesn't seem to support your claim sir.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Toon getting a lot of reps with Brees, he def making the roster.

I heard good things

Plus he's smart. SP don't like dumb WR, especially with all the different packages SP run for different WR.

And he has the size which SP loves. Hakim is a skinny dude

He only had one WR under 6'0 on the team since he been in N.O. and that Moore
  • caddo man
    Options

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2013/07/saints_second-year_receiver_ni.html

Even the article I posted said that Toon and Still are the favorites to remain on the team. But Toon has to show better than Tanner (a veteran practice squad guy) Stills (the rookie) and Hakim (The big time potential guy). it is my opinion that he has to be the fourth best receiver not the fifth. Being the fifth best receiver may get him cut for a player that is more versatile. Stills and Hakim could be special teams players. Tanner and Toon can also fit that mold. That fifth receiver will be a special teams guy, either a gunner or a returner.
  • Shizlansky
    Options

Even the article I posted said that Toon and Still are the favorites to remain on the team. But Toon has to show better than Tanner (a veteran practice squad guy) Stills (the rookie) and Hakim (The big time potential guy). it is my opinion that he has to be the fourth best receiver not the fifth. Being the fifth best receiver may get him cut for a player that is more versatile. Stills and Hakim could be special teams players. Tanner and Toon can also fit that mold. That fifth receiver will be a special teams guy, either a gunner or a returner.

Besides Colston and Moore everything is up for grabs at WR.

Plus Moore always gets hurt and only can play out the slot.

The second WR that can play on the outside is up for grabs.

Morgan is there but his hands and route running is suspect.

Toon is a lock for making the team and playing.. this is only his second year.
  • caddo man
    Options

Besides Colston and Moore everything is up for grabs at WR.

Plus Moore always gets hurt and only can play out the slot.

The second WR that can play on the outside is up for grabs.

Morgan is there but his hands and route running is suspect.

Toon is a lock for making the team and playing.. this is only his second year.

Morgan I think ,if he shows the same as last year, Is a lock.

Toon needs to be by far the third or fourth best receiver that people expect.

It is a long preseason and with Colston out. Toon will have all the opportunity in the world to show that he is the third or fourth best receiver.
  • caddo man
    edited July 2013
    Options
    He making me eat my words. I am very happy about that.

WHO'S HOT: Nick Toon

Second-year receiver Nick Toon continues standout among the wide receivers.

During Tuesday's practice he consistently made the routine and spectacular catches. The crowd out at the Saints practice facility began screaming "Tooooon!" after he blew by cornerback A.J. Davis and then caught a deep pass from Luke McCown in stride down the sideline.

Toon is competing for one of the receiver spots behind Marques Colston and Lance Moore. Toon missed of his rookie campaign because of a foot injury and subsequent surgery.

"I think every team is going to needs a guy who is going to be like that, a little craziness and edge to him. You've got to be smart, but it's still early in training camp so want to establish my physical presence early on."---Rookie safety Kenny Vaccaro on his physical play that is sometimes drawing the ire of his offensive counterparts like tight end Jimmy Graham.
  • GetMoneyInDaN.O.
    GetMoneyInDaN.O. Members Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    oh yeah....for all yall that really wanna kno whats goin on wit ya team....my people is Keenan Lewis.....so unlike what u readin in these reports i can get some inside the locker room updates

and way back when that ? was in the hospital for dehydration....wasnt nothin but hittin the club drinkin....then goin out in the hot sun after that acholhol dried him out and ? went to the hospital...nothin else
  • PaperPlaneJane
    PaperPlaneJane Members Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    oh yeah....for all yall that really wanna kno whats goin on wit ya team....my people is Keenan Lewis.....so unlike what u readin in these reports i can get some inside the locker room updates

and way back when that ? was in the hospital for dehydration....wasnt nothin but hittin the club drinkin....then goin out in the hot sun after that acholhol dried him out and ? went to the hospital...nothin else

I figured as much. Remember Shockey did the same ? and sat out a couple days of camp cuz he came straight from Vegas to NOLA with a hangover. LOL
  • caddo man
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Damn I thought it was a free agent WR that got carted off for dehydration
  • caddo man
    Options
    Supposedly Rod Sweeting is making a big impression.
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options
    With injuries to wide receivers Marques Colston and Joe Morgan, the New Orleans Saints' depth chart has shrunk a bit during training camp.

So Monday the Saints signed veteran receiver Steve Breaston to a one-year deal, a league source confirmed.

Breaston, 6 feet and 189 pounds, played for the Kansas City Chiefs from 2011-12. He broke in the NFL with the Arizona Cardinals, where he played from 2007-10. Breaston, 29, has 255 career receptions for 3,387 yards and nine touchdowns.

Joe Morgan's injury must be serious if we signing this guy.