The 2013 New Orleans Saints Off-season discussion thread

Options

Comments

• smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Defense looks solid thus far. Not a fan of Ryan but his schemes have looked good up to this point.
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kenny Stills looking good out there. He's a complete receiver who can run all the routes unlike Joe Morgan.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Defense looks solid thus far. Not a fan of Ryan but his schemes have looked good up to this point.

they limiting the big plays?

How Kenny V. looking?
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options
    ? , Oakland is so got damn bad offensively they making our defense look like Hall of Famers.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Great catch
    6id4wn.jpg

End result

3005tuf.jpg
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options
    Boy caught everything thrown to him last night I believe. So glad our youngins at receiver are FINALLY going get a legitimate chance to play this year. One of them would have got redshirted for absolutely no reason if Devery was still on this team taking up a roster spot but not producing. Now, if we can only find a way to get Roman Harper and Will Smith off the playing field some how.
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options
    I bet Ramon Humber can have an outstanding preseason these next two games but Payton will still feel Vilma is entitled to start Week 1 coming off knee surgery without playing a single preseason game?
  • PaperPlaneJane
    PaperPlaneJane Members Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    ib1dt1A4cdQjgy.gif

Brees had like 45min to throw that ball. Charlie Brown holdin his man with one arm had me dyin'!! Brown was like *kevin hart voice* What u doin, where u goin? LOL
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ib1dt1A4cdQjgy.gif

Brees had like 45min to throw that ball. Charlie Brown holdin his man with one arm had me dyin'!! Brown was like *kevin hart voice* What u doin, where u goin? LOL

It look like they was not even trying. The Raiders may not win a game.
  • caddo man
    Options
    Seneca Wallace's week just went from bad to worse. The New Orleans Saints have released the veteran quarterback, per a league source.

Wallace had been competing with Luke McCown for the role of Drew Brees' backup during training camp. He's been hampered with a groin injury and missed the first preseason game against the Kansas City Chiefs.

Wallace returned to practice last week and played in his first game against the Oakland Raiders on Friday, which was essentially an audition for the No. 2 spot.

It didn't quite go as he planned.

Against the Raiders, Wallace completed only 3-of-6 passes for 32 yards, was sacked twice, and threw an interception. He finished with a 26.4 quarterback rating. He also had a fumble returned for a touchdown.
  • PaperPlaneJane
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    Seneca Wallace's week just went from bad to worse. The New Orleans Saints have released the veteran quarterback, per a league source.

Wallace had been competing with Luke McCown for the role of Drew Brees' backup during training camp. He's been hampered with a groin injury and missed the first preseason game against the Kansas City Chiefs.

Wallace returned to practice last week and played in his first game against the Oakland Raiders on Friday, which was essentially an audition for the No. 2 spot.

It didn't quite go as he planned.

Against the Raiders, Wallace completed only 3-of-6 passes for 32 yards, was sacked twice, and threw an interception. He finished with a 26.4 quarterback rating. He also had a fumble returned for a touchdown.

Saw that coming...
  • caddo man
    Options
    The Saints released quarterback Seneca Wallace, along with veteran wide receivers Steve Breaston and Patrick Crayton. The team also waived cornerback A.J. Davis (injured), wide receiver Jarred Fayson, guard Ricky Henry, linebacker Chase Thomas and cornerback Dion Turner.

Defensive lineman Kenyon Coleman also landed on injured reserve officially ending his season. Coleman sustained a torn pectorial muscle nearly two weeks ago.

The Saints didn't sign any new players, according to the league transaction wire, so the Saints roster stands at 81. Wide receiver Joe Morgan and linebacker Victor Butler are still on the roster even though both could miss the season with knee injuries.

Butler is on the physically-unable-to-perform list, while Morgan remains on the active roster. A player can't be placed on the injured reserve/designated to return list until after Sept. 3 at 3 p.m. central.

I guess Patrick Crayton can get back to managing his Jack in the Box's.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Do you need a seventh 1,000-yard season to justify being a seventh round draft pick?

"I need another Super Bowl ring."

2hxyoow.jpg

Colston is Saints Legend.
  • PaperPlaneJane
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Do you need a seventh 1,000-yard season to justify being a seventh round draft pick?

"I need another Super Bowl ring."

2hxyoow.jpg

Colston is Saints Legend.

I'll take Colston over Joe Horn honestly....and if Colston cared about any thing other than playing with Drew and winning another ring he woulda left for the money like Nicks & Meachem did....

Meachem got LHD and Nicks has been hurt since he left and now gotta Staph infection.......that's what happen when you bite the hand...
  • Shizlansky
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Since he got in the league his numbers is up there with any WR
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Most of us is LSU fans in here.

The boy Landry gon be the best WR in the SEC this year.

And ODB gon make a lot of big plays.
  • caddo man
    edited August 2013
    Options

Look out for Travin Dural and Terrance Magee.

Dural is back from his ankle problems and has been dazzling coaches. Also there is another 6'4" receiver in the mix. He just needs to add weight.

Magee is the typical small elusive running back that Cam likes in his offenses. He can catch because he played WR last year. With him and Kenny Hilliard in the backfield look for some misdirection pitch action.
  • Shizlansky
    Options

Dural is back from his ankle problems and has been dazzling coaches. Also there is another 6'4" receiver in the mix. He just needs to add weight.

Magee is the typical small elusive running back that Cam likes in his offenses. He can catch because he played WR last year. With him and Kenny Hilliard in the backfield look for some misdirection pitch action.

The boy Blue gon get most of the carries this year..

But we need a true speed back.

All of our RB be the NFL prototype.

• caddo man
    Options

Les Miles should go ahead and suspend Jeremy Hill for 4 games. Especially if the other guys are doing great in camp. If he doesnt, I will lose alot of respect for Les Miles.
  • Shizlansky
    Options

Les Miles should go ahead and suspend Jeremy Hill for 4 games. Especially if the other guys are doing great in camp. If he doesnt, I will lose alot of respect for Les Miles.

Ima say two is enough.

But I don't like to see nobody get suspended for ? like that.

Bad enough that the police/jury/judge deal out more then needed punishment to black men anyways..
  • smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Jeryl Brazil will fill that role. workd class speed and faster than trindon was. Gonna get opportunities at jet sweeps and tosses should have big impact on ST's.

From all reports Leslie came in undersized and still needs polishing. May not live up to the hype he had coming in, missing Spring hurt him.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Stills gon lead the team in TD's
    Jimmy in Catches/yards
  • Shizlansky
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I was doing some reading

And saw that Kenny V. only allowed one TD in man to man coverage in college

Ironically it was against Stills when he was a freshmen.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    2gw895i.jpg

I expect big numbers for this group.

Jimmy gon bounced back from last year even though he killed with a ? wrist.

Moore should stay healthy cuz we have a better rotation of WRs

Brees... HOFer, "what more can I say"

And Stills to be a big part of our offense, especially with screens and short passes to take advantage of his quickness and speed.

Colston don't need to be pictured cuz we know what we getting from him ( around 80 catches, 1,000+ yards, and round 10TDs)
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    I wanna see the pass defense...