The 2013 New Orleans Saints Off-season discussion thread

Options

Comments

• caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nose tackle looking like the Saints that have real depth.
  • caddo man
    Options
    AP12 wrote: »
    Joe Morgan out for the season. He owed the Knee Collector money

and as i typed that, Kenyon Coleman is also out for the year

Damn that some ? .
  • PaperPlaneJane
    PaperPlaneJane Members Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »

Damn that some ? .

Honestly Coleman woulda probably got replaced by Hicks at DE at some point anyway. Morgan is kinda of a blow but the WR battle has been Neck & neck outside of Moore & Colston. They asked Brees who he thought could step in to take that role that Morgan had as the burner/down field threat he said Stills with no hesitation.

• caddo man
    Options

Damn that some ? .

Honestly Coleman woulda probably got replaced by Hicks at DE at some point anyway. Morgan is kinda of a blow but the WR battle has been Neck & neck outside of Moore & Colston. They asked Brees who he thought could step in to take that role that Morgan had as the burner/down field threat he said Stills with no hesitation.

Lets see if Steve Breaston can be the old man of the group of burners. Just run three route and block bro. Thats it.
  • smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sacrifices had to be made to the knee gawd.
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IMO, I though Joe Morgan was overhyped. Yeah, he's a deep threat but nobody can argue how inconsistent he was at catching the football. Going into games you never knew what you were going to get from him because he was so damn inconsistent at catching the ball you just didn't know if him being open was completely for naught. In a way I'm kind of glad our young drafted receivers like Toon and Stills are finally going to get legitimate opportunity to play this year without worrying about being red-shirted for an incumbent veteran.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm hearing good things about Stills..

I heard he's the quickest WR out there in and out of cuts and breaks to to along with his straight line speed...
  • caddo man
    Options
    13217010-mmmain.jpg

Damn @ the rookie hazing.
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's the only way Jenkins can keep Vacarro from taking his spot
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options
    Same ole, same ole, Will Smith and Roman Harper need to be cut.
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options
    Yo, str8 up, some of these 2nd string defenders need to be replacing some of these starters. Payton need to stop being stubborn and too loyal towards past their prime players.
  • Dope Era
    Dope Era Members Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options
    ^^Don't understand the purpose of you.
  • caddo man
    Options
  • caddo man
    Options
    The New Orleans Saints had a new wide receiver at practice Monday, veteran Patrick Crayton.

Crayton, 34, didn't play in the 2012 regular season, but he was a longtime valuable backup receiver/punt returner for the Dallas Cowboys. He played under Saints coach Sean Payton in 2004-05 when Payton was the Cowboys' offensive coordinator.

Crayton spent 2010-11 with San Diego, finishing with 51 catches, for 762 yards and two TDs with the Chargers.

We'll have more on this story later today.
  • PaperPlaneJane
    edited August 2013
    Options
    thoughts on the 1st preseason game??

1st team D without 3 starters in...didn't do well covering the flat. Alex Smith was able to ? & dunk his way to a TD.

No Vilma or Gallete left Hawthorne & Will Smith as starters and both were bad...especially Smith. Dude does not have the speed to be a OLB they need to give up that experiment and put his as behind Hicks & Jordan as a DE.

Vaccaro seemed to be wherever the ball was which bodes well. Made a great ST tackle but was negated by a penalty.

ST was horrible....I don't know why the ST coach hasn't been let go yet. Shoulda happen 2 yrs ago.

Run D was very solid from 1st team on down.

Secondary played well too....there were no big plays I remember.

2-3team D really got after the QB. Jenkins got a big sack. They got a turnover and a lot of pressure on the QB. I really think a lot of the 2nd teamers need to be playing more than these starters such as Vaccaro, John Jenkins, & Any OLB over Will Smith.

Stills is gonna get a good amount of snaps this season. Though he made some mistakes....OPI (which was a BS call on the refs), dropped a perfectly thrown back shoulder throw from Brees and fumble out of bounds on the end around....he made a few good catches and you can tell his speed is gone be a problem on the outside.

Toon caught everything passed to him....looked just like Colston IMO which is great.

I really like Andy Tanner....dude catches everything.

That 4th RB Richardson IMO seems like he's better than Cadet....follows his blockers really well and is stronger.

Ben Watson & Jimmy Graham in 2TE sets........nuff said.
  • caddo man
    Options
    One thing on the D you have to hang your hat on is the 2nd and 3rd team guys showed up and showed out. I was really impressed with them. If they do the same through the rest of the preseason it is not a illusion. The injuries hurt but if they are stepping up, let them play.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    its gonna be hilarious watching Will Smith try to play outside linebacker in a 3-4.
  • caddo man
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    its gonna be hilarious watching Will Smith try to play outside linebacker in a 3-4.

Hopefully they ? that ? early.
  • PaperPlaneJane
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    Hopefully they ? that ? early.

Start at 1:02..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkTmSBjd-eA

Aint no way you a coach and watched that film of him trying to get to to the RB and can sit there and keep him at the position....looked like he had cement in his cleats he was running so slow..... ? was embarrassing.
  • caddo man
    Options
    I just watched the game again and was encouraged after the second go round for the defense. Even though the Chiefs changed game plans somewhat, They still tried the flares and quick throws but it didnt work.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    I'll take that.

As long as we don't give up the big play..

Other the Alex smith most QBs gon try and slang the ball up and down..
  • caddo man
    Options
    This ? rides to 3rd game in preseason. Unless someone else wants to do it.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    I'm gon miss the game tonight..

Yall keep me updated on who playing great and terrible
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Especially Toon and Stills.