The 2013 New Orleans Saints Off-season discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Colston and Crew. Colston looking ready to dominate and with the dark shield
    2wbte77.jpg

Kenny Vacarro
    b7xtlj.jpg

Ingram rocking the #22 this year.
    2s77t5u.jpg
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    WRs
    Colston
    Moore
    Morgan
    Toon
    Stills

TEs
    Graham
    Watson

RBs
    Thomas
    Sproles
    Mark

Ain't enough passes to go around, but like always, Brees and Sean gon make it happen and keep everybody happy
  • PaperPlaneJane
    PaperPlaneJane Members Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Numbers for Harpers' new contract:
    @LarryHolder 23m
    #Saints safety Roman Harper's new base salary: 2013 - $840,000; 2014 - $2.35 million; 2015 - $2.7 million

he was supposed to make over 5mil base this season (his cap hit was 7mil).... a little over 2mil was automatically guaranteed at the beginning of May I think. So basically Loomis put that 2mil + another 2mil together as a signing bonus off top and gave him 1mil in base. Pushed his contract to 2015 thus lowering the base for 2014-2015.....

which in turn lowers his cap hits for the last 2yrs of his contract to where if Vaccaro does better and we want to dump him...we can do it without taking cap hits that would hurt. Or in another scenario if someone actually wants to trade for him they wouldn't be scared to do so because of the contract. That boy Loomis know WTF he doin...
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    If we roll out Colston, Toon and Graham in the redzone. ? would be jump ball city. No one would be double.

With Sproles coming out the backfield and Moore in the slot.

Damn
  • PaperPlaneJane
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    If we roll out Colston, Toon and Graham in the redzone. ? would be jump ball city. No one would be double.

With Sproles coming out the backfield and Moore in the slot.

Damn

Don't sleep on the 2TE sets with the new addition of Ben Watson either....so you got 4 "throw it up and go get it" big pass catchers for the Red Zone. 2 Burners (Morgan, Stills), and a baby Welker slot guy (Moore)....

• caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Saints WR Joe Morgan was arrested early Saturday morning for allegedly driving while intoxicated.

A Louisiana State Trooper found Morgan asleep behind the wheel of his vehicle on an expressway just outside of New Orleans. When Morgan got out of the car, the trooper noticed he was swaying, smelled of alcohol and had bloodshot eyes. Morgan's BAC registered 0.218 percent, way over the legal limit of 0.08 percent. He also didn't have a valid driver's license. Morgan, an interesting deep sleeper in fantasy circles, was on track to battle for the Saints' No. 3 wideout job this season.

• PaperPlaneJane
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    Saints WR Joe Morgan was arrested early Saturday morning for allegedly driving while intoxicated.

A Louisiana State Trooper found Morgan asleep behind the wheel of his vehicle on an expressway just outside of New Orleans. When Morgan got out of the car, the trooper noticed he was swaying, smelled of alcohol and had bloodshot eyes. Morgan's BAC registered 0.218 percent, way over the legal limit of 0.08 percent. He also didn't have a valid driver's license. Morgan, an interesting deep sleeper in fantasy circles, was on track to battle for the Saints' No. 3 wideout job this season.

He might have just lost that WR3 position.....Payton don't play that ? ...especially coming off this Bounty BS.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Damn Morgan.

He ? up.

• Rollin_Thunda
    Rollin_Thunda Members Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    Options

He might have just lost that WR3 position.....Payton don't play that ? ...especially coming off this Bounty BS.
    Damn Morgan.

He ? up.

Devery Henderson...Come on down *Bob Barker voice
  • caddo man
    Options

Damn Morgan.

He ? up.

Devery Henderson...Come on down *Bob Barker voice

That ship has sailed. The new kid will get a run before Devery comes back.
  • caddo man
    Options
    Any word on extending Jimmy Graham's contract?

We'll gladly take that guy off your hands.

No word but dont worry dude aint going no where. 5.1 mill for the salary cap. Drew Brees will restructure some of his money to keep him. Plus cutting Will Smith, Vilma, and maybe Harper at the end of the year will most definitely free up more money.

Plus Matt 'Slushy' will take all of that extra cheese that will be left after next year for ya'll.
  • Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do you guys think Kenny Still will get on the field, dude was a good WR at OU,

I want to see the guy become the 3rd WR or maybe 4th WR
  • caddo man
    Options

At worst, he will be non-injure inactive guy since Cadet wont be holding that spot. They will keep 5 on the active roster and 1 for special teams. Colston, Roby, Morgan, Moore, Toon, and maybe Stills since Roby is also a Special teams guy.

Dont forget he is also fighting Saalim Hakim for that spot. little brother of Az Hakim.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/columnists/rick-gosselin/20120509-gosselin-cowboys-rookie-saalim-hakim-hasn-t-started-at-any-level--and-half-the-nfl-wanted-him.ece
  • Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All I asked was about Kenny Still, i was a fan of dude at OU...when he's healthy he's a very good player...

nga on the poo poo today lol
  • PaperPlaneJane
    edited May 2013
    Options
    AP12 wrote: »
    all non saints fans that come in here trollin getting flagged off top...

How is that trolling though?

We may need to replace Tony. Graham is a free agent next season. It seems like a legit question imo.

Loomis will find the money to sign him...he always does. Graham is Brees' guy....Didn't yall draft a big ass TE anyway?

• PaperPlaneJane
    Options

I think he'll get on the field...well it'll be between Toon/Stills for that 3rd or 4th spot. They might stash/redshirt him on IR if they can't decide tho. They did it with Toon last season putting him on IR and with Devery gone...moved him up to the active roster.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    It's outta Morgan/Toon/Stills for our #2 spot to be real cuz Moore can't play on the outside.

He's always gon be the slot. So that's gon make more playing time for Morgan/Toon/Stills

If Morgan don't get cut or in trouble from the league all 5 WRs gon suit up on game day.

And if Morgan gets cut one of them white WRs gon make the roster
  • PaperPlaneJane
    Options
    We got what like 5.1mil in cap room right now (I'd say really 2-3mil if they make a signing before the season or during if somebody gets hurt)...Smith, Harper, Vilma will almost certainly be cut next offseason and Brees will restructure like all 100mil QBs do in the 3rd year of their deal.....Graham aint going nowhere.

SP values his pass catchers more than any other position besides QB...they already let 2 Pro-Bowl O-linemen go for Brees & Colston....
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    AP12 wrote: »
    all non saints fans that come in here trollin getting flagged off top...

How is that trolling though?

We may need to replace Tony. Graham is a free agent next season. It seems like a legit question imo.

Loomis will find the money to sign him...he always does. Graham is Brees' guy....Didn't yall draft a big ass TE anyway?

Yea in the 4th round. From what i've seen from his college games, he's inconsistant with his catching skills. We also let one of our backups go. Dont know if he'll pan out. Regardless, Graham would be an upgrade.

Very true.

Yall was hype in him, dude just a below average player.

Ppl was saying the same thing bout Jimmy but he didn't know ? about football cuz he only played one year of it.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    I know were a long ways off but Henderson should make it into the Saints HOF.
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options

No word but dont worry dude aint going no where. 5.1 mill for the salary cap. Drew Brees will restructure some of his money to keep him. Plus cutting Will Smith, Vilma, and maybe Harper at the end of the year will most definitely free up more money.

Plus Matt 'Slushy' will take all of that extra cheese that will be left after next year for ya'll.

Lol
    My cousin calls that ? Slushy(Cowboys' fan).
    [IMG]http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/754414/ion-like-that-? -o.gif[/IMG] GIFSoup

Matt is the only Free Agent we have next season with only a 93 million dollar cap hit. Everybody is coming back. We got room for Graham.

Why not extend Matt now if you have all this cap room? No need to wait for that ? . No way he's getting less money than Tony Romo either. You ? might as well pony up the dough and get it over with.
  • ZydecoShawty
    edited June 2013
    Options

Lol
    My cousin calls that ? Slushy(Cowboys' fan).
    [IMG]http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/754414/ion-like-that-? -o.gif[/IMG] GIFSoup

Matt is the only Free Agent we have next season with only a 93 million dollar cap hit. Everybody is coming back. We got room for Graham.

Why not extend Matt now if you have all this cap room? No need to wait for that ? . No way he's getting less money than Tony Romo either. You ? might as well pony up the dough and get it over with.

@ZydecoShawty

TD(GM) and Matt are actually working on Matt's contract extension now. Falcons are not waiting until the last minute like the Saints did with Brees. Its rumored to be around 18-22 million like all the other QBs under recent contract negotiations. The deal will be constructed in order for the Falcons to free up even more cap space than the 6.5 mill already available this season and will end up being around 115 million dollar cap hit with everybody signed next season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/04/thomas-dimitroff-somethings-around-the-corner-with-matt-ryan/

?

None of this ? you just posted came from that link, which was written in April. I don't wanna hear your ? opinion, only facts. So when this ? actually happens, then you're allowed to post in this ? with some real details and not your ? opinion ? .

And you don't already have $6.5 million in cap space either ? .
    Here's a complete list of all 32 teams cap situation.

Atlanta Falcons $1,937,723.00

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2013/05/new_orleans_saints_are_51_mill.html
  • ZydecoShawty
    edited June 2013
    Options
    The Atlanta Falcons are in the best cap shape for 2014 of any NFC South team, with $101.8 million currently committed. But that’s only a temporary number. The Falcons are likely to sign quarterback Matt Ryan to a contract extension sometime this offseason, which will shrink their 2014 cap room significantly.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/48141/saints-lead-nfl-in-2014-cap-committment?src=mobile

^^From that same link

And yet you in this ? bragging about cap space in 2014 that's prepared to go away soon as you sign Matt Ryan to the massive contract you and I both know that's coming? I don't see the ? point? And you clearly don't understand how a hard cap means no NFL team can go into ANY season being over the salary cap? Which means bragging about our future cap status in 2014 is completely irrelevant when that cap status is mandated by the NFL to come down. A status that can come down by restructuring Drew Brees contract going into the third year of a 5 year deal?
  • ZydecoShawty
    edited June 2013
    Options
    The Atlanta Falcons are in the best cap shape for 2014 of any NFC South team, with $101.8 million currently committed. But that’s only a temporary number. The Falcons are likely to sign quarterback Matt Ryan to a contract extension sometime this offseason, which will shrink their 2014 cap room significantly.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/48141/saints-lead-nfl-in-2014-cap-committment?src=mobile

^^From that same link

And yet you in this ? bragging about cap space in 2014 that's prepared to go away soon as you sign Matt Ryan to the massive contract you and I both know that's coming? I don't see the ? point? And you clearly don't understand how a hard cap means no NFL team can go into ANY season being over the salary cap? Which means bragging about our future cap status in 2014 is completely irrelevant when that cap status is mandated by the NFL to come down. A status that can come down by restructuring Drew Brees contract going into the third year of a 5 year deal

You're quoting ? I already know and posted on this thread. Duh ? .....

Add 20 mill to that cap hit from Matt. 120 is still lower than than the Saints'. Thats not what I came in here for. All I asked about was Graham. You the one that caught hoemotions. I didnt troll or brag. I just asked a question because I want that guy in red and black. I didnt brag, the young lady asked if we can afford him. All I did was say yes. You told me to post facts. All I did was post them.

See yall in that ragedy ass Dome on week 1. Make sure the lights work.

That's what YOU assuming that cap hit to be. Now you in this ? telling me I'm supposed to take your word for it after the fact that you just lied earlier in this thread claiming that you currently have $6.5 million in cap space and I proved that you didn't. ? outta here, you trolled in this thread when you came in this ? talking about ya'll bout to take one of our players and then you expect me not to call yo punk ass out about it? Man, ? you...
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well damn numbaz got ? mad lol.

Y'all worried the son gonna continue to follow in Dads footsteps??

falcons_gonzo_276263a_1.jpg

nfl_u_graham_600.jpg