A Message to "mixed" black girls who are my color.....

Options

Comments

• Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    taeboo wrote: »
    I read your OP and your claim is that because a woman is of a certain skintone and she claims she has mixed heritage, then that means somehow she ashamed of her "blackness". A woman who is darker could very well be mixed. Now if she is claiming her great great great grandmother was white...I see your point.

i'm not addressing mixed women, I'm addressing black women who claim their mixed when they aren't. Understand the difference? Where did all this celebration for having 1/8th of this and 1/10th of that come from anyway? When did black women become so hip to embracing other races? And, tell me why haven't the people you've claimed as one of your own caught on to this new trend?
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Ms.Scorp wrote: »
    Isn't it interesting that these female posters continue to use anything and everything to discredit the man and yet don't have anything of substance to say in regards to topic. Tommy Sotomayor is just the messenger. there are many black men who feel the exact same way as he does and it's pretty obvious based on the comments left by some of the brothers on here. I don't like adding fuel to the so called black man vs. women argument but there are certain things that are so obviously wrong you just have to bring it up. How come as a black man I can take pride in being my natural black self but you can't with being a black women? And how come a lot of sisters are so adamant about proving to the world that their everything under the sun except what they are AND what the world sees them as----black? The man brought up a valid point. Do you see white women or any other race of women going head over heels to claim us? Do you see them buying kinky and "nappy" hair to place over their straight hear? Really, ask yourself what impression are you leaving by wearing the hair of another women on the top of your head. It's quite ridiculous and pathetic when you look at it from that perspective. It's a shame that many sisters feel they have to hide their true selves from the world. I think we all have been suckered into following the white standard to beauty. It's up to sisters to reverse this and define their own beauty as black women. The brothers have been saying this all along. Get it together.

Why would you type all this after the dude was just exposed by Skylar for being the very thing he's ? about in the video :|

I couldn't care less about what his last name is. I have heard him on many occasions refer to himself as a "black" Hispanic. Who he is off YT has nothing to do with the message he's trying to get across(please don't turn this into another baseless argument). And as I said previously many black men feels as he does, so he aint saying anything new.

But what about color struck black men or those who put women of other races on a pedestal and bash bw?

Instead of attacking only black women he would have been better served to address the ways in which colorism and white supremancy has impacted black and brown men and women

Imho a lot of darker skinned and blk individuals here in america and all over the world over time have unfortunately absorbed negative feelings and attitudes towards blackness

no one is denying this. In fact I think the black men preferring lighter skin women is getting played out. If young brother grows up and sees every female in his household frying out their hair and religiously using ambi skin lightening cream what the hell do you expect.

Yes

Edit: but what about the little blk girls who see only light skinned, straight haired women on the cover of their favorite magizine or on there tv screens in music videos

Blk women and men both have been socialized to embody the attitudes of white supremacy for years and years

It just didnt come out of nowhere

So placing all the blame on bw for the black community's lack of racial pride is misguided and counterproductive

• Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Options
    Op is the same ? that made a thread saying it was his destiny to be with a white woman.

No wonder he's endorsing tommy sotofaggor.

Not much more to be said here ladies.

great, now you attacking my character. You must have been desperate enough to go through my thread history. And yes I did make that thread. And I clearly stated my preference was black women. I just seem to attract more white women because of my personality. Am I going to have to go through 5 pages of defending my character before you ladies are ready to give me concrete argument?

Nah I just remembered the thread & how ? poor of a destiny that is to have.

Keep chasing that destiny, boo. Endorsing Sotofaggor will surely help you fulfill it.

at lol'd at your post. If you can't produce anything of substance in this thread then keep out.
  • GeminiRose
    GeminiRose Members Posts: 215 ✭✭✭
    Options

[/quote]

how old are you 12??

any way i'm done with you
    it seems that a certain percentage of black women are too stubborn to listen to their men. for things to change black women are going to have to learn to listen and sometimes
    obey black men. [/quote]

Hey, I'm just telling you what I see!
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    GeminiRose wrote: »

@GEMINIROSE
    travel the world a little bit before you make foolish statements like you did.
  • GeminiRose
    Options
    zombie wrote: »

@GEMINIROSE

How would you know that?

• zombie
    Options

@GEMINIROSE

How would you know that?

Because if the only physically well built women you see are black, then you clearly have not seen enough of the world.
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Options
    Isn't it interesting that these female posters continue to use anything and everything to discredit the man and yet don't have anything of substance to say in regards to topic. Tommy Sotomayor is just the messenger. there are many black men who feel the exact same way as he does and it's pretty obvious based on the comments left by some of the brothers on here. I don't like adding fuel to the so called black man vs. women argument but there are certain things that are so obviously wrong you just have to bring it up. How come as a black man I can take pride in being my natural black self but you can't with being a black women? And how come a lot of sisters are so adamant about proving to the world that their everything under the sun except what they are AND what the world sees them as----black? The man brought up a valid point. Do you see white women or any other race of women going head over heels to claim us? Do you see them buying kinky and "nappy" hair to place over their straight hear? Really, ask yourself what impression are you leaving by wearing the hair of another women on the top of your head. It's quite ridiculous and pathetic when you look at it from that perspective. It's a shame that many sisters feel they have to hide their true selves from the world. I think we all have been suckered into following the white standard to beauty. It's up to sisters to reverse this and define their own beauty as black women. The brothers have been saying this all along. Get it together.

Why would you type all this after the dude was just exposed by Skylar for being the very thing he's ? about in the video :|

I couldn't care less about what his last name is. I have heard him on many occasions refer to himself as a "black" Hispanic. Who he is off YT has nothing to do with the message he's trying to get across(please don't turn this into another baseless argument). And as I said previously many black men feels as he does, so he aint saying anything new.

But what about color struck black men or those who put women of other races on a pedestal and bash bw?

Instead of attacking only black women he would have been better served to address the ways in which colorism and white supremancy has impacted black and brown men and women

Imho a lot of darker skinned and blk individuals here in america and all over the world over time have unfortunately absorbed negative feelings and attitudes towards blackness

no one is denying this. In fact I think the black men preferring lighter skin women is getting played out. If young brother grows up and sees every female in his household frying out their hair and religiously using ambi skin lightening cream what the hell do you expect.

Yes

Via the media, film, historical texts, blk women and men have been socialized to embody the attitudes of white supremacy for years and years

However placing all the blame on bw for the black community's lack of racial pride is misguided and counterproductive

I agree but I never once indicated that this is so. It's large factor and perhaps the most damaging. A young man who see's his mothers and sister running away from their own blackness is already going to be at a disposition. The white supremacist media and films only validates it. Think of the inner conflict he'd have growing up seeing his females family members and peers embracing their blackness with pride and dignity while at the same time seeing a different standard of beauty being heavily embraced on television. Regardless of what he sees on that screen he'd be more inclined to prefer the beauty of black women because it's his reality.
  • taeboo
    taeboo Members Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I read your OP and your claim is that because a woman is of a certain skintone and she claims she has mixed heritage, then that means somehow she ashamed of her "blackness". A woman who is darker could very well be mixed. Now if she is claiming her great great great grandmother was white...I see your point.

i'm not addressing mixed women, I'm addressing black women who claim their mixed when they aren't. Understand the difference? Where did all this celebration for having 1/8th of this and 1/10th of that come from anyway? When did black women become so hip to embracing other races? And, tell me why haven't the people you've claimed as one of your own caught on to this new trend?

Claiming that you got indian in your family is not just a black woman problem. I know plenty of those dudes who say them waves in their head are due to some other race in their family tree. And this is not a new problem, back in the day people would claim being octaroons and quadaroons to seem superior to "regular" black folks....
  • sweetheart93
    sweetheart93 Members Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    1of1 wrote: »
    This is the same chick who only dates whites...

@1of1

What does this have to do with the thread?? wtf

I just think it's stupid how worked up people get over someone claiming another race. Yeah it's dumb to try to be something you're not but I don't see the point in making a 14 minute video complaining about it. Let people do what they want, it's not that serious.
  • Ms.Scorp
    Ms.Scorp Members Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

A lot of "us" are mixed with different things. Complexion has nothing to do with it.

My Father was half Japanese and looked black as ? . It's ignorant as hell to say someone isn't mixed because of complexion.

• zombie
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Any black person male or female that only dates whites needs to have their heads removed.
  • GeminiRose
    Options

@GEMINIROSE

How would you know that?

Because if the only physically well built women you see are black, then you clearly have not seen enough of the world.

Yes I have seen other women from other countries and usually they are not curvey. If so, then its a different type of curvey, like a small version. We own the type they pay to imitate!

• Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Options
    1of1 wrote: »
    This is the same chick who only dates whites...

@1of1

What does this have to do with the thread?? wtf

I just think it's stupid how worked up people get over someone claiming another race. Yeah it's dumb to try to be something you're not but I don't see the point in making a 14 minute video complaining about it. Let people do what they want, it's not that serious.

individualism is part of the problem. You do realize that don't you? No other race expect blacks and whites look at themselves as individuals. Whites do it because it's a privilege and blacks do it because their blind and dumb.
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Options

Claiming that you got indian in your family is not just a black woman problem. I know plenty of those dudes who say them waves in their head are due to some other race in their family tree. And this is not a new problem, back in the day people would claim being octaroons and quadaroons to seem superior to "regular" black folks....

It's not an issue exclusively pertained to black women it's just more pervasive with them. And no it isn't a new problem which is quite sad.
  • Ms.Scorp
    edited April 2013
    Options

We won't even get into all the ? ass ? who act like dating a mixed or light skinned chick is a prize and try to procreate with those same types of Women so their kids can be light with "good hair". Ya'll are no better.

So don't act like colorism only applies to black women because I see it from black men just as often.
  • desertrain10
    edited April 2013
    Options

Yes

Via the media, film, historical texts, blk women and men have been socialized to embody the attitudes of white supremacy for years and years

However placing all the blame on bw for the black community's lack of racial pride is misguided and counterproductive

I agree but I never once indicated that this is so. It's large factor and perhaps the most damaging. A young man who see's his mothers and sister running away from their own blackness is already going to be at a disposition. The white supremacist media and films only validates it. Think of the inner conflict he'd have growing up seeing his females family members and peers embracing their blackness with pride and dignity while at the same time seeing a different standard of beauty being heavily embraced on television. Regardless of what he sees on that screen he'd be more inclined to prefer the beauty of black women because it's his reality.

So what if when said young man's mother was a girl she was teased by her male classmates because she was the darkest girl in her classroom...or what if his sister's favorite rapper said in an interview he thought darker skinned women were unattractive...

Yes pride in ones self, race, culture, etc starts at home via your mother AND father... BUT lets not act like outside influences dont have the power to shape ones views

• sweetheart93
    sweetheart93 Members Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    individualism is part of the problem. You do realize that don't you? No other race expect blacks and whites look at themselves as individuals. Whites do it because it's a privilege and blacks do it because their blind and dumb.

All I'm saying is wasting your time complaining about what other people do (especially when it doesn't affect your life in anyway) is beyond stupid. People are going to do whatever they please, instead of worrying about the people that aren't doing what you feel is right worry about the people that are.
  • GeminiRose
    Options

@GEMINIROSE

How would you know that?

White women aren't paying money to look like black women, they're paying money to have features that are naturally attractive to men because of evolution. Things such as makeup, which is used to color the cheeks, which is what happens naturally when a woman is sexually aroused which attracts males towards her. Fuller lips by wearing lipstick or getting collagen implants, also is a sign of arousal in a female that tends to attract men, wearing perfume, natural pheromones attract men...a bigger ass...wider hips are for child bearing, something men are naturally attracted to based on our instinctual longing to pass on our genes to the next generation.

Really???? You are caping! This wasn't true back in the day when black women got dissed for their features and assets. So now they want what we naturally have? Looks like somebodys imitating!

• Ms.Scorp
    edited April 2013
    Options
    We won't even get into all the ? ass ? who act like dating a mixed or light skinned chick is a prize and try to procreate with those same types of Women so their kids can be light with "good hair". Ya'll are no better.

So don't act like colorism only applies to black women because I see it from black men just as often.

Are you also gonna act like the same doesn't apply to black women that talk about how they love DARK black men and their "chocolate brothers"? I've seen several women state this on this site, but don't get called a ? for having a preference for darker men but the moment a black man has a preference for lighter complected gals he gets called out for it.

Personally, I think there is some type of inferiority complex amongst some darker pigmented ? that make them feel as if someone prefers their complexion over lighter skinned people that it somehow validates them, but at the same time if the light skinned people are preferred by someone over darker skinned, then those preferring lighter skinned individuals are somehow being brainwashed by whites, are ? , or are self-hating.

There is a difference between having a preference because that's what you actually like, and having said preference so your kids will turn out a ceartain way, or because having a light skinned or white chick is seen as a trophy.

A lot of times it's the latter and that applies to both Black men and women.

Dudes are in here acting like only Black women have these types of issues. That is my point.
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Options

All I'm saying is wasting your time complaining about what other people do (especially when it doesn't affect your life in anyway) is beyond stupid. People are going to do whatever they please, instead of worrying about the people that aren't doing what you feel is right worry about the people that are.

Yes

So what if when said young man's mother was a girl and she was teased by her male classmates because she was the darkest girl in her classroom...or what if his sister's favorite rapper said in an interview he thought darker skinned women were unattractive...

I don't think it matters as much if you being constantly affirmed that you are black and beautiful at home. I use to be under constant ridicule for my dark skin but my mother and father made me hip to the game at an early age.And because of this I often looked upon my peers as if they were the one's with the problem (which they usually were).
  • taeboo
    taeboo Members Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It's not an issue exclusively pertained to black women it's just more pervasive with them. And no it isn't a new problem which is quite sad.

It's more persasive because a woman's looks is more scrutinize then men and for decades the more european you looked, the more society saw you as beautiful. Even now look at hip hop videos and look at how many racially ambiguous women are in them or listen to a song and hear how many rappers claim to be banging some "exotic" woman.
  • desertrain10
    Options

Yes

So what if when said young man's mother was a girl and she was teased by her male classmates because she was the darkest girl in her classroom...or what if his sister's favorite rapper said in an interview he thought darker skinned women were unattractive...

I don't think it matters as much if you being constantly affirmed that you are black and beautiful at home. I use to be under constant ridicule for my dark skin but my mother and father made me hip to the game at an early age.And because of this I often looked upon my peers as if they were the one's with the problem (which they usually were).

Ok, but not everyone including little girls has or had that type of guidance and support at home....

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ok can we stop with expecting rappers to have darkskinned women with afros in their videos
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Options

Yes

Ok, but not everyone including little girls has or had that type of guidance and support at home....

why do you think that is?