A Message to "mixed" black girls who are my color.....

Options

Comments

• taeboo
    taeboo Members Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't expect rappers to put a dark skin woman with natrual hair in a video nor complaining. I just used that as an example as to how black people still have a problem with colorism and how that might be reason why some young women are out here claiming some far off mixed haritage...
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you out here tryna be a nameless big ? ? then damn you lost already
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    taeboo wrote: »
    I read your OP and your claim is that because a woman is of a certain skintone and she claims she has mixed heritage, then that means somehow she ashamed of her "blackness". A woman who is darker could very well be mixed. Now if she is claiming her great great great grandmother was white...I see your point.

i'm not addressing mixed women, I'm addressing black women who claim their mixed when they aren't. Understand the difference? Where did all this celebration for having 1/8th of this and 1/10th of that come from anyway? When did black women become so hip to embracing other races? And, tell me why haven't the people you've claimed as one of your own caught on to this new trend?

Claiming that you got indian in your family is not just a black woman problem. I know plenty of those dudes who say them waves in their head are due to some other race in their family tree. And this is not a new problem, back in the day people would claim being octaroons and quadaroons to seem superior to "regular" black folks....

It's not an issue exclusively pertained to black women it's just more pervasive with them. And no it isn't a new problem which is quite sad.

It's more persasive because a woman's looks is more scrutinize then men and for decades the more european you looked, the more society saw you as beautiful. Even now look at hip hop videos and look at how many racially ambiguous women are in them or listen to a song and hear how many rappers claim to be banging some "exotic" woman.

These facts aren't anything new. Anyone could draw this conclusion and yet a lot of black women continue to practice self hated. You have admitted that black women and their self hatred stem stem from being under-represented by white media/society and not being exploited in songs by rappers.
  • Ms.Scorp
    Ms.Scorp Members Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Soooo, I guess the whole point of this thread was to point out that Black Women have self hate issues....only Black Women.

None of this applies to Black Men......the IC has not changed

:))
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Options
    Ms.Scorp wrote: »
    Soooo, I guess the whole point of this thread was to point out that Black Women have self hate issues....only Black Women.

yea and it took almost11 pages for some to finally admit to it. Black men have self hatred also and it should be addressed. I'm not downplaying our role in this as well. But black women are going to have to define their own beauty or else everyone will define it for them.
  • taeboo
    taeboo Members Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I read your OP and your claim is that because a woman is of a certain skintone and she claims she has mixed heritage, then that means somehow she ashamed of her "blackness". A woman who is darker could very well be mixed. Now if she is claiming her great great great grandmother was white...I see your point.

i'm not addressing mixed women, I'm addressing black women who claim their mixed when they aren't. Understand the difference? Where did all this celebration for having 1/8th of this and 1/10th of that come from anyway? When did black women become so hip to embracing other races? And, tell me why haven't the people you've claimed as one of your own caught on to this new trend?

Claiming that you got indian in your family is not just a black woman problem. I know plenty of those dudes who say them waves in their head are due to some other race in their family tree. And this is not a new problem, back in the day people would claim being octaroons and quadaroons to seem superior to "regular" black folks....

It's not an issue exclusively pertained to black women it's just more pervasive with them. And no it isn't a new problem which is quite sad.

It's more persasive because a woman's looks is more scrutinize then men and for decades the more european you looked, the more society saw you as beautiful. Even now look at hip hop videos and look at how many racially ambiguous women are in them or listen to a song and hear how many rappers claim to be banging some "exotic" woman.

These facts aren't anything new. Anyone could draw this conclusion and yet a lot of black women continue to practice self hated. You have admitted that black women and their self hatred stem stem from being under-represented by white media/society and not being exploited in songs by rappers.

If you could draw the conclusion,then why even put the topic out there in the first place??
  • idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh this thread is sad and just shows the disconnect between both black men and women. That's why our community is so ? up, becuz of miscommunication. I hope no crackers are readin this thread, cuz we givin them too much credit.
  • Ms.Scorp
    edited April 2013
    Options

yea and it took almost11 pages for some to finally admit to it. Black men have self hatred also and it should be addressed. I'm not downplaying our role in this as well. But black women are going to have to define their own beauty or else everyone will define it for them.

Yes, it's indisputable that this issue plauges BOTH sexes, but the theme in the thread became one condeming only Black Women for the problem and THAT...... is typical of the IC.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I skipped the last 3 pages or so... because I'm ? as ? ... what up tho?
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You guys are arguing about nothing, since none of you are affected or cleanse your self of colorism. The dude in the video is an idiot and his point I see, but you still need presentation skills to present your ideas. If you got to call women out of their names, they are not going to listen, like most males didn't listen to the female who was talking all crazy and once again the women had he black men's back. But when it comes to black men having black women's back, they are on the other side screaming and yelling at them. Black men want to be dictators and won't show compassion to his woman. Just at least read "The Prince" if you need some game to get women to come along with you on the ride. Sheesh.
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    You guys are arguing about nothing, since none of you are affected or cleanse your self of colorism. The dude in the video is an idiot and his point I see, but you still need presentation skills to present your ideas. If you got to call women out of their names, they are not going to listen, like most males didn't listen to the female who was talking all crazy and once again the women had he black men's back. But when it comes to black men having black women's back, they are on the other side screaming and yelling at them. Black men want to be dictators and won't show compassion to his woman. Just at least read "The Prince" if you need some game to get women to come along with you on the ride. Sheesh.

tell em what they wanna hear aj
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I cant agree given that alotta ? are mixed in modern times. What makes the authority on declaring who's mixed and who isn't?
  • Ms.Scorp
    edited April 2013
    Options

tell em what they wanna hear aj

Nah, you were just being biased trying to spotlight Black Womens issues with this when they go across the board to both genders.

There are plenty of color struck, self hating Black men out there too, including the one who made the video.
  • GeminiRose
    GeminiRose Members Posts: 215 ✭✭✭
    Options

[/quote]

Really???? You are caping! This wasn't true back in the day when black women got dissed for their features and assets. So now they want what we naturally have? Looks like somebodys imitating!

[/quote]
    Really??? White women have been wearing corsets since the 1500's to give their bodies a curvier look. Sucking in their tummies, narrowing their waists, pushing up their ? , and making their butts/hips bigger in the process.

Now stop trying to argue with me, you're not smart enough and your trolling isn't advanced enough.[/quote]

My point exactly! They had to make their curves with corsets which is equal to surgery instead of being naturally curvey like a black woman! Imitation is the best form of flattery, don't you think?
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll never understand why people care what race someone chooses to claim. :| He actually made a video complaining about what someone else decides to call themselves. People worry about other ppl too much.

Because black ppl have a unique issue that other races don't have,

slavery embedded self hate,skin color issues,and inferiority in our race that makes it hard for us to succeed together like Jews,whites,Asians,Latinos
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    look black people need to understand that we are in a war this useless division between the sexes will do us no good

men have to stop putting light-skinned women on a pedestal and women have to stop trying to look like and be something they are not. However in this reguard, the behavior of black women is more diasterous than the behavior of black men. For one thing black women are making koreans rich and that poison you put in you hair and those contacts you put in your eyes are encouraging black boys to race-mix. children will follow their mothers before they follow their fathers. Black men preferring light skinned women are not hurting themselves so much as they are hurting the community. black women prefer lighter-skin not necessarily in men, but in themselves are hurting themselves and the community and doing so with greater effect.

Because women are the heart of our society if you cannot love yourself enough too not fry your hair, and to be proud of your african genes over whatever other genes you have then we are all ? because women are more central to the well being of a people then the men are

when we tell you this ? you get an attitude and don't give a ? .
  • zombie
    Options

I asked a girl here, if She would listen if black men said the same things tommy said in a nice way and she basically said no. Black women especially in this america seem to have lost all respect for black-manhood.
  • Westie
    Westie Members Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not like thatthe way it's been since they brought us here or anything.. This is new? You know what is new? Our men publicly bashing us.
    zombie wrote: »

I asked a girl here, if She would listen if black men said the same things tommy said in a nice way and she basically said no. Black women especially in this america seem to have lost all respect for black-manhood.

Are you serious here? lol Like you all have one united voice. Ok. My dad's a black man. Does he not count?
  • zombie
    edited April 2013
    Options
    MrsWest wrote: »
    Not like thatthe way it's been since they brought us here or anything.. This is new? You know what is new? Our men publicly bashing us.

Are you serious here? lol Like you all have one united voice. Ok. My dad's a black man. Does he not count?

No. because you are not going to marry your father i don't support the bashing of black women
  • zombie
    Options
    too many of you women don't listen and when you do listen it's to men who don't have good intentions
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    what paul mooney call 'em?? ? that can salsa or some ? ..s m h
    Bilingual ? that can swim.
    Manye, I hate when you meet someone and you ask them where they're from/where their parents are from and they give you a breakdown predating Jesus.
    This girl I know keeps harping on about being 1/16th Chinese and I'm like "? , the only Chinese you know is the No. 17 special you order from Lee's Chinese. " FOH.
    (Shots fired at blazini)

You aint never lied! The worst ones be the ones that say some stupid ? like "I'm jamaican, nigerian, Dominican, and black". Or them ? who be having the deepest african features talking bout "I'm german, scottish, irish, Cherokee.............. and black". But the worst of the wost is them south louisiana porch monkeys. If I hear another "I'm not black...........I'm creole!!". lol ? be naming nationalities and cultures when speaking on their race. It's funny how nobody in the states with parents from different parts do this ? . My dad is from texas, mom is from louisiana, and I'm from california. What the ? I look like saying "I'm texian, louisianian, and californian............and black".............................?

I Was gonna comment on this ? but some cats in here already said what I was gonna say. SMH at some of you in here that still don't know the deference between nationality, race, ethnicity, and culture. I now white devils divided us up and cut us off from each other all around the world. But it's 2013 and we have all kinds of resources besides the white ran media to figure ? out SMH. The ratchet brainwashed post in here got me dying though(Skyler, I told you that you be having some ratchet/hoodrat moments from time to time)

This behaviour is a disease.
    It's not so much that they're identifying the various ethnicities in their family as it's used as some kind of badge of honour. As if being from Africa or the Caribbean isn't enough and they've got to add some Asian or South American country into the mix to make themselves more 'appealing'.

The funniest thing is that most people across the world can trace various ethnicities in their family but most don't bother because it's either unnecessary, or they know too little about their heritage.
    When these fools start breaking down ? I just have to laugh because it's so pathetic.
    That's basically what the over dramatic ass ? in the video was talking about. Like somebody in here said, people got hurt cause it hit home and tried to derail the thread. Some posters in here look silly as ? and don't even realize it SMH. I cant really be all mad at them though, 100's of years of mind ? , divide and conquer, and misdirection is hard to shake. It's like a ? victim, they never truly get passed it.

I got close(not no generations ago type ? ) native americans on both my parents side of the family. Shockingly they don't look half cracka lol. I just say I'm black, I only mention the native part if it comes up.
    blackrain wrote: »
    Lmao at ppl not understanding hispanic is not a race

@BlackGerald It's because of how race is seen in the US. Anybody who is latino is seen as latino sans race no matter how light or dark they are, and hell the dark skin ones who are my skin tone and darker are rarely given any shine any way. If my black ass has a kid with a white latina in the US that kid isn't seen as mixed. In latin america though that kid would be seen as mixed with a white mom and a black dad.

LOL long story short, the spanish white devil's rampage wasn't just in central and south america.The brainwashing is worldwide. Brazil is a perfect example of this. I was shocked to see that it's mostly straight up ? there. That ? we see on t.v is the small percentage of what the people look like over there(super tan white/mixed girls, perms, lots of hair grease, ? injections, tummy tucks, fake breast). I like that new asap rocky video because they show what most of the dominican republic really looks like instead of the usual light bright and mixed folks. ? was really arguing with me about calling jo buddens ex jump off with the big ? a sista. "she aint no black ? , she a latina!!, she dominican" SMH!!! Same thing happened with LA LA(carmello wife). I love how she came out and set all those ignant ? straight.

She did that because though we don't go around shouting out "I'm black and proud" every 30 seconds, when challenged or told by some, mainly Americans, we aren't black it ? us off. I understand why she was mad, I've dealt with the same ? my entire life
  • blackrain
    Options
    Isn't it interesting that these female posters continue to use anything and everything to discredit the man and yet don't have anything of substance to say in regards to topic. Tommy Sotomayor is just the messenger. there are many black men who feel the exact same way as he does and it's pretty obvious based on the comments left by some of the brothers on here. I don't like adding fuel to the so called black man vs. women argument but there are certain things that are so obviously wrong you just have to bring it up. How come as a black man I can take pride in being my natural black self but you can't with being a black women? And how come a lot of sisters are so adamant about proving to the world that their everything under the sun except what they are AND what the world sees them as----black? The man brought up a valid point. Do you see white women or any other race of women going head over heels to claim us? Do you see them buying kinky and "nappy" hair to place over their straight hear? Really, ask yourself what impression are you leaving by wearing the hair of another women on the top of your head. It's quite ridiculous and pathetic when you look at it from that perspective. It's a shame that many sisters feel they have to hide their true selves from the world. I think we all have been suckered into following the white standard to beauty. It's up to sisters to reverse this and define their own beauty as black women. The brothers have been saying this all along. Get it together.

Why would you type all this after the dude was just exposed by Skylar for being the very thing he's ? about in the video :|

I couldn't care less about what his last name is. I have heard him on many occasions refer to himself as a "black" Hispanic. Who he is off YT has nothing to do with the message he's trying to get across(please don't turn this into another baseless argument). And as I said previously many black men feels as he does, so he aint saying anything new.

But what about color struck black men or those who put women of other races on a pedestal and bash bw?

Instead of attacking only black women he would have been better served to address the ways in which colorism and white supremancy has impacted black and brown men and women

Imho a lot of darker skinned and blk individuals here in america and all over the world over time have unfortunately absorbed negative feelings and attitudes towards blackness

no one is denying this. In fact I think the black men preferring lighter skin women is getting played out. If young brother grows up and sees every female in his household frying out their hair and religiously using ambi skin lightening cream what the hell do you expect.

That ? sounds stupid too...why would wanting a lighter black woman be a bad thing? She still a black woman? Light skin women not as valuable to black folks or something?
  • SixSickSins
    SixSickSins Members Posts: 8,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    too many of you women don't listen and when you do listen it's to men who don't have good intentions

Why do you think women need to "listen" to men? I ask because you said listen and obey...I'm not here to obey any man I'm dating. You're (men) neither smarter nor more educated and I feel not the slightest inclination to be led.

Of course woman and man should listen to each other and hear each other out and whatnot...but I'm not the boss of my man as he wouldn't be the boss of me. We are two people to build one another up. One shall not walk in front of the other.
  • SixSickSins
    SixSickSins Members Posts: 8,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Do you listen to your wife's good intentions and opinions on an equal playing field level with your own or do you still feel, at the end of the day, that your thoughts and decisions outweigh hers because you're a man?
  • blackrain
    Options
    I don't expect rappers to put a dark skin woman with natrual hair in a video nor complaining. I just used that as an example as to how black people still have a problem with colorism and how that might be reason why some young women are out here claiming some far off mixed haritage...

I understand the point you're making, but using video hoes isn't the best way to make it being that those aren't really a representation of the type of women a man wants for more than a ? session.