DO YOU "ACCEPT" PEOPLE COMING OUT? WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON THAT LIFE?

Options

Comments

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    And just because a particular person was born a certain way, doesn't make it natural or the right way to be. Some people are born blind or deaf. Clearly humans have eyes and ears for a recent, so a normal human is supposed to have sight and hearing. If that human comes out without those two senses, something went wrong.

Likewise, males are born with a ? . Females are born with a ? . Those are two complimentary sexual organs. Males have sperm; females have eggs. Those are two sex oriented cells that again are complimentary. So if the male and female sexual components are designed to work together, then clearly sex is meant to be between male and female. If a male comes out with no sexual interest in females or vice versa, something went wrong there.

Very true...by all accounts being ? isn't natural because it goes against the ability to reproduce. However we don't deny rights to folks who are blind, deaf, or women/men who can't produce children or attempt to ? them so there's no logical reason to do any of that to someone based on them being homosexual.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    And just because a particular person was born a certain way, doesn't make it natural or the right way to be. Some people are born blind or deaf. Clearly humans have eyes and ears for a recent, so a normal human is supposed to have sight and hearing. If that human comes out without those two senses, something went wrong.

Likewise, males are born with a ? . Females are born with a ? . Those are two complimentary sexual organs. Males have sperm; females have eggs. Those are two sex oriented cells that again are complimentary. So if the male and female sexual components are designed to work together, then clearly sex is meant to be between male and female. If a male comes out with no sexual interest in females or vice versa, something went wrong there.

Very true...by all accounts being ? isn't natural because it goes against the ability to reproduce. However we don't deny rights to folks who are blind, deaf, or women/men who can't produce children or attempt to ? them so there's no logical reason to do any of that to someone based on them being homosexual.

What rights are being denied ?
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    7figz wrote: »

Bruh, I don't even know if people realize what agendas they're forwarding by wanting people to think ? is normal.

Being ? might not be something worth attacking somebody over, but it's definitely not normal.

"I have no further comments, our Honour"

benout.gif
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That's we're the unbalance in nature comes in. Nothing is perfect but there will always be a balance and an unbalance. It may not be the norm but it definately not uncommon to happen.

I don't disagree with that. I'm just pointing out that it's not something evil for a person to say that homosexuality is abnormal or a ? . Depending on your perspective, it absolutely is. Does that mean a person has the right to discriminate or mistreat a ? person. No, but they have every right to dislike that aspect of their being and it doesn't make them any of the negative things that people pushing the ? agenda try to lobby against those who don't care for homosexuality.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »
    I'm not mad at him for doing it. I'm just tired of this whole thing. Let ? be ? and be done with it. I watch basketball because I like the sport, and I don't need to know who they are ? . The fact that I can't even get through a game wrap-up without some 20 minute long conversation about some dude admitting he likes to pack fudge is ridiculous.

And I hate the comparison of being black to being homosexual. It's not the same thing at all. When it all comes down to it, a person's sexuality is their own business. There is no reason it should be public, and if they choose to make it public then it's on them to deal with whatever consequences arise. You can't hide being black. It's not something you can privatize or keep to yourself. It's who you are, not something that revolves around what you do.

That's what I was thinking.

Like...what was the purpose of the announcement?

OK you're ? ...but why do I need to know about it?

It's funny because other celebs/politicians are making it seem like dude did something groundbreaking or profound.

Saying they're proud of him, they support him, and all this other BS.

Just because he said he was ? ?

If an athlete held a press conference or an interview with Sports Illustrated confessing that he likes fat women is he gonna get the same kind of support?

Would all these people start talking about how courageous he is and how much they support him and how groundbreaking this is for society?

@Sion......LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

This dude's been in the NBA for 12 years and hasn't received any level of national attention until he announced that he was ? .

Seems like he just wants attention and is trying to cash-out on his sexuality.

Maybe extend his career a few extra years and pick up some endorsements that he normally wouldn't have been able to get based on his own merits as a player.

I wouldn't be surprised if dude really isn't ? at all and this is nothing more than a publicity stunt.

Can't blame him for trying to get paid, but surprised so many people are buying into this ? .

GOAT'd b/c of its troofness.

• twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? act like "coming out" should be something celebrated, ? YOU ? !!
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That's we're the unbalance in nature comes in. Nothing is perfect but there will always be a balance and an unbalance. It may not be the norm but it definately not uncommon to happen.

I don't disagree with that. I'm just pointing out that it's not something evil for a person to say that homosexuality is abnormal or a ? . Depending on your perspective, it absolutely is. Does that mean a person has the right to discriminate or mistreat a ? person. No, but they have every right to dislike that aspect of their being and it doesn't make them any of the negative things that people pushing the ? agenda try to lobby against those who don't care for homosexuality.

You actually think these fun boys give a ? about what you and I think on What is normal and not normal? All they want is the same rights as people who are not homosexuals. I don't know why people keep injecting the personal belief on something that is not about them.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not only do I accept it I encourage it
    I wish there was no such thing as having to come out...why are we so consumed with someone else's bedroom activities anyway?

But no one was caring bout it til HE made it an issue....his family been known he was ? for a while now....

this is business and i am not knocking his business plan. get your chips.
    until now, the ? community has made their presence known in every part of the entertainment industry except sports.
    dude is taking advantage of that and he will be paid handsomely. the ? community supports their own.
    this is exactly what kerry rhodes should have done instead of trying to moonwalk back into the closet.

That's why I called him an opportunist and a coward...
  • blackrain
    Options

Here's just a few
    The right to make decisions on a partner's behalf in a medical emergency. Specifically, the states generally provide that spouses automatically assume this right in an emergency. If an individual is unmarried, the legal "next of kin" automatically assumes this right. This means, for example, that a ? man with a life partner of many years may be forced to accept the financial and medical decisions of a sibling or parent with whom he may have a distant or even hostile relationship.

The right to take up to 12 weeks of leave from work to care for a seriously ill partner or parent of a partner. The Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993 permits individuals to take such leave to care for ill spouses, children and parents but not a partner or a partner's parents.

The right to petition for same-sex partners to immigrate.

The right to share equitably all jointly held property and debt in the event of a breakup, since there are no laws that cover the dissolution of domestic partnerships.

Family-related Social security benefits, income and estate tax benefits, disability benefits, family-related military and veterans benefits and other important benefits.

The right to inherit property from a partner in the absence of a will.

The right to purchase continued health coverage for a domestic partner after the loss of a job.
    http://preview.hrc.org/issues/5478.htm

• Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jurassic+jello.gif

the feelings........
  • 7figz
    edited April 2013
    Options

Here's just a few
    The right to make decisions on a partner's behalf in a medical emergency. Specifically, the states generally provide that spouses automatically assume this right in an emergency. If an individual is unmarried, the legal "next of kin" automatically assumes this right. This means, for example, that a ? man with a life partner of many years may be forced to accept the financial and medical decisions of a sibling or parent with whom he may have a distant or even hostile relationship.

The right to take up to 12 weeks of leave from work to care for a seriously ill partner or parent of a partner. The Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993 permits individuals to take such leave to care for ill spouses, children and parents but not a partner or a partner's parents.

The right to petition for same-sex partners to immigrate.

The right to share equitably all jointly held property and debt in the event of a breakup, since there are no laws that cover the dissolution of domestic partnerships.

Family-related Social security benefits, income and estate tax benefits, disability benefits, family-related military and veterans benefits and other important benefits.

The right to inherit property from a partner in the absence of a will.

The right to purchase continued health coverage for a domestic partner after the loss of a job.
    http://preview.hrc.org/issues/5478.htm

These all seem related to marriage - can't they get some of these same rights through power of attorney, wills, etc.. ?

Some of these are rights that non-married people can't enjoy either so ? should get rights that other people don't get ?
  • blackrain
    Options
    If anything is going to influence people, it's just going to make people who are ? more open about being ? . Celebrities coming out aren't literally making people become ? ...ain't no more ? people in high school and college now than when we were there. They just feel more comfortable saying it. It's the same ? as when older folks always say teens are having sex as if they weren't ? in the 50's and 60's during high school too.
  • 7figz
    Options
    If anything is going to influence people, it's just going to make people who are ? more open about being ? . Celebrities coming out aren't literally making people become ? ...ain't no more ? people in high school and college now than when we were there. They just feel more comfortable saying it. It's the same ? as when older folks always say teens are having sex as if they weren't ? in the 50's and 60's during high school too.

So celebrities don't influence other people ?

Tell that to the "? culture" folks.

Can't have it both ways.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Homosexuality is a taboo thing, this is why it's a big deal.

Society doesn't understand it. A lot of people aren't ready to be so open to it. Hell, people can't even have a mature conversation about straight sex or farts without getting all embarrassed or squirmy.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I find it disturbing that being ? is literally the WORST thing you could be in some people's eyes. SMH. Like if I asked 'Would you rather your son grow up to be a ? or a ? ?' some cats would REALLY have to think about it. Lol.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not only do I accept it I encourage it
    I wish there was no such thing as having to come out...why are we so consumed with someone else's bedroom activities anyway?

But no one was caring bout it til HE made it an issue....his family been known he was ? for a while now....

this is business and i am not knocking his business plan. get your chips.
    until now, the ? community has made their presence known in every part of the entertainment industry except sports.
    dude is taking advantage of that and he will be paid handsomely. the ? community supports their own.
    this is exactly what kerry rhodes should have done instead of trying to moonwalk back into the closet.

That's why I called him an opportunist and a coward...

I understand opportunist but why a coward?
    Because the man s been ? for a while, hid it, had sexual relationships w females and etc....instead of being trill and coming with from jump...I'm not homophobic and I have plenty of lesbians and a few ? friends. U can catch me at the parade supporting them but at least they never minced or hid from who they are from the onset..
  • Black Boy King
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Why are we still having conversations about whether or not homosexuality is natural?
    Hormonal birth control isn't natural but I bet your woman is on it.
    Heterosexual ? sex is no more normal than homosexual ? sex, but I bet most of you ? have ? a girl in the ass.
    Medical abortion isn't natural but most of you would pay for it if you had to choose between an abortion or child support.
    The point is that heterosexuals engage in unnatural practices everyday, why so pressed about homosexuality?
    because they are fighting for rights that apply to marriage. Marriage is union between man and woman under law.

? are fighting for more than "just to be accepted". They want their culture accepted under law knowing that it contradicts it. Also, you make alot of assumptions in your posts..
  • blackrain
    Options

So celebrities don't influence other people ?

Tell that to the "? culture" folks.

Can't have it both ways.

I said celebrities can influence people to come out as in it normalizes it but those would be people who were already ? not someone who isn't. You got to be an idiot if you think a person who is heterosexual will literally choose to be ? because a celebrity is. Those are two very different things.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Babylon the Great is pass the point of no return. People will not understand the wrongs of this country until the nukes drop. But by then it will be 2 late.

The writing is on the wall but people want to remain ignorant. Why?

1. They hate ?
    2. They love the darkness
    3. The devil has blinded them from the truth

It's just tragic, but this is exactly what ? said would happen in the last days. But of course the majority of the people will not believe it because:

1. They hate ?
    2. Thus they refuse to read and STUDY the Bible

But there is hope for those who love ? . He has given those who live inside Babylon instructions:

"And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues." Revelation 18:4

Those who are walking with ? in obedience will be led to safety at the appointed time. Hallelujah!
  • Black Boy King
    Options
    the Honorable DoUwant2go2Heaven? has arrived! praise be to thee!
  • GeminiRose
    GeminiRose Members Posts: 215 ✭✭✭
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    I find it disturbing that being ? is literally the WORST thing you could be in some people's eyes. SMH. Like if I asked 'Would you rather your son grow up to be a ? or a ? ?' some cats would REALLY have to think about it. Lol.

I don't think people view it as the "worst". They just don't agree with it and they have that right without being beat down for it. ? people want the whole world to be ? with them so that they won't feel guilty about being ? .
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i never liked the idea of ? having denominational weddings and marriages using the same vows as straight couples....? used to bug me.....but i got over it, cuz most straight people who get married don't take the vows seriously either.....so it's all types of perversions of the institution of marriages these days.....i just prefer they called it a civil union with all the same types of rights, and privileges and recognitions and what not, but whatever...

other than that, i really don't give a ? .....
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Perfect wrote: »
    the Honorable DoUwant2go2Heaven? has arrived! praise be to thee!

I'm just a servant of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords my friend. Praise His holy name, Jesus the Christ, forever and ever! Amen!
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You actually think these fun boys give a ? about what you and I think on What is normal and not normal? All they want is the same rights as people who are not homosexuals. I don't know why people keep injecting the personal belief on something that is not about them.

Of course they care. They want to be accepted. That why some of them hate the idea of Civil Unions. They'd get all the rights of being married but their relationship wouldn't be called a "marriage." If all they cared about is rights, such a thing wouldn't matter. The truth is they want their relationships to be accepted and seen as the same as hetero relationships.