DO YOU "ACCEPT" PEOPLE COMING OUT? WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON THAT LIFE?

Options

Comments

• DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Has the Laaaaaaaaaaawd forgiven you..

Ole Gods lil SUPERSTAR ass ?

That's a rather dashing young man in that pic, if I must say.
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? coming out(at least famous ones) is still a big deal, cause best believe if they decided not to announce it at all, and just started messing around with ? in public, someone would be taking pics, and then a ? on the IC would make a thread about, which would then proceed to do 10+ pages.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i said this in another thread

its annoys me and ? me of when people try to walk with the shield of religion to cover their hypocrisy.. anyone who evokes religion situationally .....especially....should get ? slapped..

not everyone goes by the GOOD book on everything...more specifically their own frailties..or ? theyd be willing to accept...

its funny how that ? works huh
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And just because a particular person was born a certain way, doesn't make it natural or the right way to be. Some people are born blind or deaf. Clearly humans have eyes and ears for a recent, so a normal human is supposed to have sight and hearing. If that human comes out without those two senses, something went wrong.

Likewise, males are born with a ? . Females are born with a ? . Those are two complimentary sexual organs. Males have sperm; females have eggs. Those are two sex oriented cells that again are complimentary. So if the male and female sexual components are designed to work together, then clearly sex is meant to be between male and female. If a male comes out with no sexual interest in females or vice versa, something went wrong there.

That's we're the unbalance in nature comes in. Nothing is perfect but there will always be a balance and an unbalance. It may not be the norm but it definately not uncommon to happen.

I don't disagree with that. I'm just pointing out that it's not something evil for a person to say that homosexuality is abnormal or a ? . Depending on your perspective, it absolutely is. Does that mean a person has the right to discriminate or mistreat a ? person. No, but they have every right to dislike that aspect of their being and it doesn't make them any of the negative things that people pushing the ? agenda try to lobby against those who don't care for homosexuality.

You actually think these fun boys give a ? about what you and I think on What is normal and not normal? All they want is the same rights as people who are not homosexuals. I don't know why people keep injecting the personal belief on something that is not about them.

Of course they care. They want to be accepted. That why some of them hate the idea of Civil Unions. They'd get all the rights of being married but their relationship wouldn't be called a "marriage." If all they cared about is rights, such a thing wouldn't matter. The truth is they want their relationships to be accepted and seen as the same as hetero relationships.
    Civil union doesn't give them the same rights as being married. They are still not able to provide benefits to their S/O in health care that they are paying for. Some state will not recognize their marriage as legit if they were to ever leave whichever state they get married in. Its definitely not the same rights married people get.
  • playmaker88
    Options
    and..

As a ? we should be sensitive to anyone getting discriminated/ persecuted their right to live and be free is a civil right.. not CIVIL RIGHT.. i dont agree with marrying of the struggles but its a struggle nonetheless.. if it can happen to them.. meaning anyone else.. you better be damn sure it can happen to you..(Negroes) as far as hate/persecution/intolerance(And it has or does)

You can in good conscience expect people to be sensitive to your plight if you contribute to hate/bigotry.. in another arena..

Idk thats just me..

REACT... but post..
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think religious people go too far with bashing homosexuality. If you're a Christian, your role isn't to change this world to heaven, it's to bring as many people into the flock as you can so that when the real heaven comes people will be saved. So all this bashing ? and trying desperately to stop them from getting civil rights is stupid.

That said, I did hear a preacher make a good point. If ? marriage is accepted, and churches refuse to rent their space out for the ceremonies, it could open them up to discrimination suits. That's ? up.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Babylon the Great is pass the point of no return. People will not understand the wrongs of this country until the nukes drop. But by then it will be 2 late.

The writing is on the wall but people want to remain ignorant. Why?

1. They hate ?
    2. They love the darkness
    3. The devil has blinded them from the truth

It's just tragic, but this is exactly what ? said would happen in the last days. But of course the majority of the people will not believe it because:

1. They hate ?
    2. Thus they refuse to read and STUDY the Bible

But there is hope for those who love ? . He has given those who live inside Babylon instructions:

"And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues." Revelation 18:4

Those who are walking with ? in obedience will be led to safety at the appointed time. Hallelujah!

Judge not, that ye be not judged.
    For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
    And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
    Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
    Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Du_Du wrote: »
    i never liked the idea of ? having denominational weddings and marriages using the same vows as straight couples....? used to bug me.....but i got over it, cuz most straight people who get married don't take the vows seriously either.....so it's all types of perversions of the institution of marriages these days.....i just prefer they called it a civil union with all the same types of rights, and privileges and recognitions and what not, but whatever...

other than that, i really don't give a ? .....

THANK YOU.
    The use of the word civil union vs marriage doesn't matter to me either way.

it kinda bothers me cuz so many people don't even have real marriages....they don't do counseling, they don't keep scripture in their homes, they don't pray together, they're not religious at all.....but they still wanna get married in a church and read the same vows.....

? or not, i'd just prefer them all to have civil unions if they know they no bout that religion....no ones perfect....but people have such a negative perceptions of marriage these days because you got so many people who just don't take marriage sacred and seriously to begin with...
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And just because a particular person was born a certain way, doesn't make it natural or the right way to be. Some people are born blind or deaf. Clearly humans have eyes and ears for a recent, so a normal human is supposed to have sight and hearing. If that human comes out without those two senses, something went wrong.

Likewise, males are born with a ? . Females are born with a ? . Those are two complimentary sexual organs. Males have sperm; females have eggs. Those are two sex oriented cells that again are complimentary. So if the male and female sexual components are designed to work together, then clearly sex is meant to be between male and female. If a male comes out with no sexual interest in females or vice versa, something went wrong there.

That's we're the unbalance in nature comes in. Nothing is perfect but there will always be a balance and an unbalance. It may not be the norm but it definately not uncommon to happen.

I don't disagree with that. I'm just pointing out that it's not something evil for a person to say that homosexuality is abnormal or a ? . Depending on your perspective, it absolutely is. Does that mean a person has the right to discriminate or mistreat a ? person. No, but they have every right to dislike that aspect of their being and it doesn't make them any of the negative things that people pushing the ? agenda try to lobby against those who don't care for homosexuality.

You actually think these fun boys give a ? about what you and I think on What is normal and not normal? All they want is the same rights as people who are not homosexuals. I don't know why people keep injecting the personal belief on something that is not about them.

Of course they care. They want to be accepted. That why some of them hate the idea of Civil Unions. They'd get all the rights of being married but their relationship wouldn't be called a "marriage." If all they cared about is rights, such a thing wouldn't matter. The truth is they want their relationships to be accepted and seen as the same as hetero relationships.
    Civil union doesn't give them the same rights as being married. They are still not able to provide benefits to their S/O in health care that they are paying for. Some state will not recognize their marriage as legit if they were to ever leave whichever state they get married in. Its definitely not the same rights married people get.

I don't know whether that's true or not. I'm talking about the specific arguments that some make about not wanting a special type of marriage for ? . Some of them feel Civil Unions are insulting and that they should be allowed to get married like anyone else.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not only do I accept it I encourage it
    I wish there was no such thing as having to come out...why are we so consumed with someone else's bedroom activities anyway?

But no one was caring bout it til HE made it an issue....his family been known he was ? for a while now....

this is business and i am not knocking his business plan. get your chips.
    until now, the ? community has made their presence known in every part of the entertainment industry except sports.
    dude is taking advantage of that and he will be paid handsomely. the ? community supports their own.
    this is exactly what kerry rhodes should have done instead of trying to moonwalk back into the closet.

That's why I called him an opportunist and a coward...

I understand opportunist but why a coward?
    Because the man s been ? for a while, hid it, had sexual relationships w females and etc....instead of being trill and coming with from jump...I'm not homophobic and I have plenty of lesbians and a few ? friends. U can catch me at the parade supporting them but at least they never minced or hid from who they are from the onset..

For a man in a male dominated, high-testosterone industry he may have felt more compelled to be in the closet.
    It is cowardice, but when you live in a world where you can lose your contract, be isolated from your teammates, and at the very worst killed over your sexuality, you'd consider hiding it too.

He is still in that world and he is currently a free agent and He sucks at bball....basically all that u mentioned can still happen today...hell Supreme Justice Scalia sp? Said yesterday he ll prolly never go to an NBA game again..( a passage in the New Yorker I quickly read yesterday)
  • Dupac
    Options

it really should...

it really should
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i never liked the idea of ? having denominational weddings and marriages using the same vows as straight couples....? used to bug me.....but i got over it, cuz most straight people who get married don't take the vows seriously either.....so it's all types of perversions of the institution of marriages these days.....i just prefer they called it a civil union with all the same types of rights, and privileges and recognitions and what not, but whatever...

other than that, i really don't give a ? .....

THANK YOU.
    The use of the word civil union vs marriage doesn't matter to me either way.

it kinda bothers me cuz so many people don't even have real marriages....they don't do counseling, they don't keep scripture in their homes, they don't pray together, they're not religious at all.....but they still wanna get married in a church and read the same vows.....

? or not, i'd just prefer them all to have civil unions if they know they no bout that religion....no ones perfect....but people have such a negative perceptions of marriage these days because you got so many people who just don't take marriage sacred and seriously to begin with...

Not everybody's religious though, and the law is so ? up on marriage (especially divorce) - can you really blame them ?
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    7figz wrote: »

Very true...by all accounts being ? isn't natural because it goes against the ability to reproduce. However we don't deny rights to folks who are blind, deaf, or women/men who can't produce children or attempt to ? them so there's no logical reason to do any of that to someone based on them being homosexual.

What rights are being denied ?

Here's just a few
    The right to make decisions on a partner's behalf in a medical emergency. Specifically, the states generally provide that spouses automatically assume this right in an emergency. If an individual is unmarried, the legal "next of kin" automatically assumes this right. This means, for example, that a ? man with a life partner of many years may be forced to accept the financial and medical decisions of a sibling or parent with whom he may have a distant or even hostile relationship.

The right to take up to 12 weeks of leave from work to care for a seriously ill partner or parent of a partner. The Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993 permits individuals to take such leave to care for ill spouses, children and parents but not a partner or a partner's parents.

The right to petition for same-sex partners to immigrate.

The right to share equitably all jointly held property and debt in the event of a breakup, since there are no laws that cover the dissolution of domestic partnerships.

Family-related Social security benefits, income and estate tax benefits, disability benefits, family-related military and veterans benefits and other important benefits.

The right to inherit property from a partner in the absence of a will.

The right to purchase continued health coverage for a domestic partner after the loss of a job.
    http://preview.hrc.org/issues/5478.htm

sheeeeesh

thats some harsh oppression

• Dupac
    edited April 2013
    Options
    being politically correct all the damn time gonna be the end of the world...

i can't wait till the movie the purge come out....people holding back all the time.. ? gonna start wilding out for no damn reason......

o wait..lemme turn on the news
  • playmaker88
    Options
    Those who disagree explain i cant chop it up with reactions
  • GeminiRose
    GeminiRose Members Posts: 215 ✭✭✭
    Options

I have a lot of reasons not just religious. One of my biggest reasons is that if its accepted, its going to get really out of hand.
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MrsWest wrote: »
    I do not care. I also don't believe kids are impressionable to the point of growing up to be in a relationship with the same sex.
    According to faculty member Adam Behrman, who is the forum’s moderator, the school has a “sexual orientation curriculum” that includes instruction to kindergarten through fifth-grade students about how “there are different kinds of families, which include families with two mommies and two daddies.”

In interviews with ? Youth TV, Behrman said he is seeing more youth explore their “sexual orientation.”

“One thing I’m starting to notice in the last year or two … which is really, really cool, not just at Crossroads, but other places, that it’s becoming more and more OK for people who are probably largely toward the straight end of the spectrum to really think about, ‘You know, maybe I’m bisexual,’” he said in an interview segment on the ? Youth website.

Behrman said the response is “not from a, ‘Oh, it’s trendy to be bi,’ but really thinking, like, well, ‘OK, maybe I don’t have to limit myself … what am I shutting myself off to?’”

Noting he also works at a camp in Vermont, Behrman said some of the 13 and 14 year olds there also are exploring bisexuality.

And some of them may turn out to not be bi at all but really be authentically straight,” he said, “but they are still willing to consider, like actively consider, and share it with an adult, ‘Yeah, I don’t know, maybe I’m bisexual. What does that mean and who am I?’”

http://www.wnd.com/2004/03/23572/
  • The Prodigalson
    Options
    So you just one post a wnd article huh?
  • playmaker88
    Options
    GeminiRose wrote: »

I have a lot of reasons not just religious. One of my biggest reasons is that if its accepted, its going to get really out of hand.

by accepted i mean not persecuted.. not as a "NORM" its kind of hard to articulate...

however there is alot of ? "accepted" that is damaging and is more damaging than ? people.. like the accepted irresponsibility, ignorance, and the devaluation of life.. just to name a few
  • The Prodigalson
    Options

Is it not out of hand now?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    America is modern day ? .

"Look! This was the sin of your sister ? and her daughters: Pride, too much food, undisturbed peace, and failure to help the poor and needy. In their arrogance, they committed detestable practices in my presence, so when I saw it, I removed them." Ezekiel 16:50

If the glove fits wear it. Types and shadows are abundant in the scriptures. People and places of ancient history foreshadow people and places in modern history. Hence the reason why ? is a type and shadow of modern day America.

The detestable practices that America is OPENLY practicing before the Lord are not limited to homosexuality, but it is a grievous abomination in His sight. What happened in ? including the fiery judgment will happen again!

"Whatever has happened before will happen again. Whatever has been done before will be done again. There is nothing new under the sun." Ecclesiastes 1:9

The judgment that is coming to America will be just like what happen to ? . It will happen in 1 day and in 1 hour! The book of Revelation chapters 17 and 18 detail it for all those who are interested. The OT prophets also had much to say about it as well. If your interested you can read Isaiah 13,14, & 47; Jeremiah 50 and 51.

The destruction that is coming to America will not only catch the citizens of her off guard, but it will catch the WHOLE WORLD by surprise! The total nuclear destruction of America is the beginning of the end! It is the start of the day of the LORD!

If you have 1 minute to spare I would like to invite you to read the prophecy concerning the destruction of Babylon and the start of the day of the LORD! This is the judgment that is coming to America that the prophet Isaiah prophesied over 2600 years ago. For more study I encourage you to study Revelation 17 and 18. Amen.

A Judgment against Babylon ISAIAH 13

1The burden of Babylon, which Isaiah the son of Amoz did see.

2Lift ye up a banner upon the high mountain, exalt the voice unto them, shake the hand, that they may go into the gates of the nobles.

3I have commanded my sanctified ones, I have also called my mighty ones for mine anger, even them that rejoice in my highness.

4The noise of a multitude in the mountains, like as of a great people; a tumultuous noise of the kingdoms of nations gathered together: the LORD of hosts mustereth the host of the battle.

5They come from a far country, from the end of heaven, even the LORD, and the weapons of his indignation, to destroy the whole land.

6Howl ye; for the day of the LORD is at hand; it shall come as a destruction from the Almighty.

7Therefore shall all hands be faint, and every man's heart shall melt:

8And they shall be afraid: pangs and sorrows shall take hold of them; they shall be in pain as a woman that travaileth: they shall be amazed one at another; their faces shall be as flames.

9Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it.

10For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine.

11And I will punish the world for their evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; and I will cause the arrogancy of the proud to cease, and will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible.

12I will make a man more precious than fine gold; even a man than the golden wedge of Ophir.

13Therefore I will shake the heavens, and the earth shall remove out of her place, in the wrath of the LORD of hosts, and in the day of his fierce anger.

14And it shall be as the chased roe, and as a sheep that no man taketh up: they shall every man turn to his own people, and flee every one into his own land.

15Every one that is found shall be thrust through; and every one that is joined unto them shall fall by the sword.

16Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished.

17Behold, I will stir up the Medes against them, which shall not regard silver; and as for gold, they shall not delight in it.

18Their bows also shall dash the young men to pieces; and they shall have no pity on the fruit of the ? ; their eye shall not spare children.

19And Babylon, the glory of kingdoms, the beauty of the Chaldees' excellency, shall be as when ? overthrew ? and Gomorrah.

20It shall never be inhabited, neither shall it be dwelt in from generation to generation: neither shall the Arabian pitch tent there; neither shall the shepherds make their fold there.

21But wild beasts of the desert shall lie there; and their houses shall be full of doleful creatures; and owls shall dwell there, and satyrs shall dance there.

22And the wild beasts of the islands shall cry in their desolate houses, and dragons in their pleasant palaces: and her time is near to come, and her days shall not be prolonged.

• gorilla
    gorilla Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    7figz wrote: »

Very true...by all accounts being ? isn't natural because it goes against the ability to reproduce. However we don't deny rights to folks who are blind, deaf, or women/men who can't produce children or attempt to ? them so there's no logical reason to do any of that to someone based on them being homosexual.

What rights are being denied ?

^^^^This is wtf I'm trying to figure out. What exactly is so damn oppressive to them? The whole wanting to be married thing? OK, keep the civil unions and give them the same rights and lets move the ? on. We got more pressing issues.

But let's be real, I BET if they were given same rights under law as marriage, it still wouldn't be enough for them. Like somebody else said, I really don't care if you're ? , you're still a person and I'll treat you as such. But I'm sick and tired of all this attention ? they're doing. And smdh at any ? accepting that ? comparison of their "struggle" to the american ? 's struggle for civil rights. FOH

• twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It's a filthy lifestyle playa. It's abnormal, it's disgusting. I can go on.... but I will just say that I deal with a few strippers and lemme tell you that it aint NOTHING better than the female form for a guy. sorry. ? knew exactly what he was doing when he put the female in the mix. Soo to ALL you ? out there, THANK YOU, more ? for ME!!!

@Empress
    @MsSouthern
    @MzGrahamBitches
    @MrsWest
    @Everybadassbroad on this site come see me...lol

• SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if you feel like you would turn ? just because somebody said it was cool... i'd hate to break it to you but you were never straight to begin with.