Comments

• Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hilarious thread.
  • Karl.
    Options
    The Arcade is going to be great when the consoles actually drop.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    What I've noticed about this board, and I'm pretty sure it goes for most of us, is that the posters who don't have your system or game of choice, whatever it is, are people who you wouldnt want to play with anyway, so it all works out lol

Not necessarily correct ............ you, me and majority of the posters here have PS3's and none of want to play with @bcotton

yall scared of me

@Sion STILL hasnt played me since that button mashing thread where he was talking ? like 4-5 months ago.
  • IceManKam
    IceManKam Members Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Big shout out to the Ouya making splashes with the whole ESA ordeal...

June 25th the release
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    lol didnt the Ouya conference get shut down by police?
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    lol didnt the Ouya conference get shut down by police?
    conference? those ? was outside selling ouyas beside a lemonade stand.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But they weren't there to remove him. They were early adopters. Bwahahahaha.
  • Karl.
    Options
    They literally hired out a plot in the parking lot. I thought that was jokes. I heard E3 hired a big ass lorry and parked it in front of them so nobody could see it.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    is the ouya even being marketed by google? I sincerely doubt that google of all companies would have such ? promotion.

shame too. I really wanted a console that would take emulation properly and put it in my son's room to introduce him to the classics. maybe a real emulator will drop for the 360/ps3 now.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    off topic but i looked at the halo trailer eventhough im not getting an xbox1, and someone tell me why master chief running around the desert with a cloak, when he has a helmet on? Redundancy much?
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who knows why Richard Simmons does anything
  • IamNumberOne
    IamNumberOne Members Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that ? was dumb as hell lol but i know why they did it....for shock value when he pulls the hoodie down
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol I never played dude before, but I tried to get some Tekken Revolution matches with him last night, and the first thing he said to me was "I am ? lol."
  • IceManKam
    IceManKam Members Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=oLLIBA4oE2g

995676_305424956258663_1692462810_n.jpg
    993590_305424962925329_1984491581_n.jpg
    BMlzpxGCYAA7SRa.jpg_large.jpeg
    BMg2v9CCcAAMpBC.jpg_large.jpeg
  • Broddie
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Damn I really want to play this now. They even have an Aztek The Ultimate Man costume for you to use.

http://www.gamespot.com/e3/scribblenauts-unmasked-e3-2013-stage-demo-6410227/
  • Broddie
    Options
    995676_305424956258663_1692462810_n.jpg

I bet this gathering of people smelled like sweaty arm pits, cheese doodles, hair gel and ammonia combined.
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Heard mad catz making a ouya like console with a Tegra 4 tho
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Next-Gen Graphics That Will Blow Your Mind!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0xb7ALK_88
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao BCotton is hilarious tho...

? really just...fall asleep...mid game?
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    that ? only happened 2-3times, we was playing that wack ass Dead Island game on co-op that ? combined with the drugs/alcohol had me blacking out in front the tv with the controller in my hand.
  • kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got this out of the commts section on another site.. very revealing tho..
    if you're going to let people install from disc and then play without the disc in the drive then the longer the period between check-ins the longer period someone can 'borrow' the game from a friend and play it without buying it. If a game can be played and finished in one month or less then you may as well just lend the game to a friend (or they could rent it for one night at a cost of ~£3-4 from a store), let them install it, check-in once, then play the game offline for the next month at the same time you're playing it. If a physical disc is no longer the 'key' to being able to play the game as it was last generation (it had to be in the drive to play even if you had it installed) then something needs to take its place.

I can only assume Sony are sticking with requiring the disc to be in the drive to play a disc-based game, which for many people is preferable to having to connect to the internet once a day, but for me personally, I'd rather take the non-hassle of a daily check-in with the added benefit of being able to play without discs./quote]

The whole thing about this "check in" is really about piracy... they just haven't came out and said that yet .. in all actuality the xb1 is a cloud gaming system... the discs won't be playable.. just install only
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    kanggoodie wrote: »
    I got this out of the commts section on another site.. very revealing tho..
    if you're going to let people install from disc and then play without the disc in the drive then the longer the period between check-ins the longer period someone can 'borrow' the game from a friend and play it without buying it. If a game can be played and finished in one month or less then you may as well just lend the game to a friend (or they could rent it for one night at a cost of ~£3-4 from a store), let them install it, check-in once, then play the game offline for the next month at the same time you're playing it. If a physical disc is no longer the 'key' to being able to play the game as it was last generation (it had to be in the drive to play even if you had it installed) then something needs to take its place.

I can only assume Sony are sticking with requiring the disc to be in the drive to play a disc-based game, which for many people is preferable to having to connect to the internet once a day, but for me personally, I'd rather take the non-hassle of a daily check-in with the added benefit of being able to play without discs.

The whole thing about this "check in" is really about piracy... they just haven't came out and said that yet .. in all actuality the xb1 is a cloud gaming system... the discs won't be playable.. just install only

If I'm not mistaken the PS4 is a cloud gaming system too. At least you'll be able to play PS3 games and such via the cloud. I bet there is a mechanism to do so with PS4 games too. I'm pretty sure they aren't looking at discs as some kind of "daily check-in." The discs simply keep it so that the PS4 can be used by someone who doesn't have a persistent or good internet connection.
  • Karl.
    Options
    I wish both companies just came to an agreement on what they plan to do with DRM and just stick to it.