E3 2013

Options

Comments

• Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The next gen graphics that will blow your mind!

http://youtu.be/g0xb7ALK_88
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »

If this doesn't get your ? hard nothing will.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If this doesn't get your ? hard nothing will.

Personally, I prefer thick females ......... but hey, I'm not judging you. Do your thing bro
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I wish both companies just came to an agreement on what they plan to do with DRM and just stick to it.

They did. Apple, Micro$oft and many others. Sony will be left behind in the digital future along with Blockbuster.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    E3 2013: PS4 Outpacing Xbox One Pre-Orders
    Early data suggests Sony’s E3 conference made a stronger impact on consumers than Microsoft.
    by Tal Blevins JUNE 13, 2013

Early data for console pre-orders from major online retailers in the United States show consumers pre-ordered approximately three PS4 units for every two Xbox One consoles during the period between Monday June 10 to Wednesday June 12. While this is not an indication of future purchase intent, it does seem to suggest that Sony resonated louder with consumers during E3 2013 than Microsoft.

IGN users were unquestionably swayed by Sony’s messaging during this year’s Electronic Entertainment Expo. We asked our readers who they thought was “winning E3” during the show. Over 280,000 of you responded, and Sony took the top spot with 81% of the votes. Microsoft garnered 12% and Nintendo grabbed the remaining 7%.

While Sony seems to have the advantage in the pre-order race at this point, Microsoft Games Studio VP Phil Spencer did respond to the recent consumer concerns over mandatory connectivity checks and the seemingly unfriendly approach towards used games and lending by saying, “this isn't a sprint. The platform launches this November; we've got more content to share."

Pre-orders for both consoles are available now at a number of retailers:

PlayStation 4
    Amazon - $399
    Walmart.com - $399
    Best Buy - $399

Xbox One
    Amazon - $499.99
    Walmart.com - $499.99
    Best Buy - $499.99
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    I wish both companies just came to an agreement on what they plan to do with DRM and just stick to it.

They did. Apple, Micro$oft and many others. Sony will be left behind in the digital future along with Blockbuster.

You do know you can download ps4 games right through the hard drive right? They had a vid showing ps4s interface and some kid downloading killzone...
  • BlackxChild
    Options
    The best game looks like the division a mmo

http://youtu.be/xJgMl3BahWY

I'm not talking about just graphics I'm talking about game play and strategy.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Witcher's Anti-DRM Studio Finds Itself in a Bind with Xbox One

Few major developers could be as publicly anti-DRM as CD Projekt Red, makers of the Witcher series. Yet there they were with The Witcher 3, getting a good five minutes of stage time with the Xbox One, the face of console DRM going forward. The studio is committed to releasing on Xbox One but none too happy about being in such a bind.

To Eurogamer, CD Projekt Red said it doesn't know yet how it will handle a publisher who doesn't allow The Witcher 3 to be re-sold—probably because the game does not yet have a publisher.

But CD Projekt Red runs Good Old Games, which makes a big selling point out of having no DRM, and there are few studios publishing titles of this size that have such a visible anti-DRM stance. Eurogamer says they're bristling at the guilt-by-association from appearing at Microsoft's event.

"We couldn't simply not release The Witcher 3 on Xbox One," CEO Marcin Iwiński told Eurogamer. "We want to make sure that every single player will have access to our game and thus decided to deliver for PC, PS4 and Xbox One. There are people who don't mind the DRM protection and will pick Xbox One as their platform of choice. We can't punish them."

Earlier, he said that "if you want the 100 per cent DRM-free experience you will have it on the PC, the platform where we set the rules for our games. The Witcher 3 will be available 100 per cent DRM-free on our digital distribution platform GOG.com, and that's one thing I can confirm."
  • BlackxChild
    Options
    Xbox One Won't Be Available In Poland; Witcher 3 Devs Say It's A Sad Situation

So how do you react when a game platform you're making your game for won't even allow you to play the game you're making in your home country? Well, that's what happened with CD Projekt Red, who is currently hard at work on The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt for PS4, XB1 and PC.

Gameinformer posted up a tweet from the official Xbox One support Twitter account, where someone asked “Regarding Xbox One. So, if im not from supported country I will not able to play XboxOne? Even if i create account on UK region”, to which the support account mentioned...
    Unsupported countries would not have the full experience, and may not work. ^PC

We're always looking to expand the amount of supported regions, perhaps things will change.

If you didn't know, the Xbox One will launch in 21 supported regions, Poland (amongst others) is not one of the supported launch territories.

That's when GI decided to ask what the CD Projekt Red head honcho, CEO and co-founder, Marcin Iwinski, felt about their own country not being one of the supported regions, despite the fact that their game was one of the showcased titles during the Xbox One's E3 conference. Iwinski stated that...
    "I was just in a restaurant and saw the list,"... "I was surprised, and I really hope that it isn't final. I think Polish gamers will speak out loud. From my perspective, it's a sad situation."

Well, I imagine it is a sad situation since they won't be able to play their own game on the console they're designing the game for, in their home region!

On the flipside the PS4 version is easy to port, and since the system is region-free the team can play the game to their heart's content no matter what region they're in.

In case you didn't know, the Xbox One is heavily restricted in its user functionality: Users are required to check-in every 24 hours in order to access their content. Kinect is always required to be on in order for the Xbox One to function. Games are restricted to user accounts with the ability to only trade/give/share a game once with a one-time use license option.

Even more than that, the Xbox One is region locked, so it's not possible to order an Xbox One from the U.K. and use it in say, Poland, due to the internet sign-in requirement and region checking fuctionality. It's identical to the RMAH region restrictions Blizzard had for Diablo III, which turned into a financial nightmare for some gamers.

Unlike Diablo III, I sure hope people don't try to blow their money on an Xbox One and then use it in a restricted region...there's really nothing anyone can do to help in that situation.

I'm curious what other developers think who are making games outside of the continental U.S., or in regions unsupported by the Xbox One? Is it cool making a game for a console where you won't be able to play it in your home country?

It reminds me of the Foxconn factory workers who make Apple products and can't afford to buy the products they slave away 16 hours a day to make.

http://m.cinemablend.com/games/Xbox-One-Won-t-Available-Poland-Witcher-3-Devs-Say-It-Sad-Situation-56720.html
  • Karl.
    Options
    Can we all agree that Microsoft has made the right decision in the long term for the industry and Sony has done what they think will sell consoles in the short term?
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Karl.
    Options
    Wow. What the ? are Microsoft doing? They need to sort this ? .
  • Karl.
    Options
    Can we all agree that Microsoft has made the right decision in the long term for the industry and Sony has done what they think will sell consoles in the short term?

I thought this before but they are restricting the xbone access and seem to really only give a ? about north america.

The more I read about it the more ridiculous it seems. I don't know what to believe. A lot of anti-Xbox propaganda out there.

If its true about the amount of European and Asian countries that won't be able to play then they are truly ? up.

Surely there is a better way to control DRM than have to log on once every 24 hours.
  • joshuaboy
    Options

They have. It's all about the way its implemented. Sony is doing it gradually while M$ just drops it on you one time. That's why there is so much backlash
  • Karl.
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »

They have. It's all about the way its implemented. Sony is doing it gradually while M$ just drops it on you one time. That's why there is so much backlash

I'm definitely with PS4 at the moment. M$ have a huge PR battle to head up before November to change my mind.
  • joshuaboy
    Options

I'm definitely with PS4 at the moment. M$ have a huge PR battle to head up before November to change my mind.

You have a choice, I don't. XB1 won't be available in my region at launch (even though we purchase from the US).
  • BlackxChild
    Options

How?? DRM is BS if all a developer has to do is make some key code like EA... Sony has DL games to the hard drive right now.
  • Karl.
    Options

How?? DRM is BS if all a developer has to do is make some key code like EA... Sony has DL games to the hard drive right now.

The price for the key code doesn't cover all the losses. I suppose they could up the prices but that doesn't stop people making bootleg games.
  • Karl.
    Options

You have a choice, I don't. XB1 won't be available in my region at launch (even though we purchase from the US).

I forgot about that. Will it be available at a later date?

Microsoft need to make a clear and concise statement instead of making pop shots and arrogant remarks on twitter.
  • Karl.
    Options
    ML is a shook one.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Why even bother with such a conversation when you know you're not going to buy one anyway?

• blackkevblazini
    blackkevblazini Members Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HAHA you was ? with them heavy.

I'm bout to go troll 'em now for the hell of it.
  • BlackxChild
    Options
    I know there's alot of areas in Wisconsin and bama that won't be available.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There are over 100 million people in the US who won't be able to use it not just areas of Wisconsin and Alabama. Since there are over 200 million Americans who will be able to use it MS doesn't give a ? . Rural America lost. This is why I would never move away from a metro.
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are these areas not offering broadband internet?