E3 2013

Options

Comments

• John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You're not getting answers from them really no point...I'm sure MS will loosen the reigns on the restrictions ..if not ? it lol my console will work
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    Can we all agree that Microsoft has made the right decision in the long term for the industry and Sony has done what they think will sell consoles in the short term?

They have. It's all about the way its implemented. Sony is doing it gradually while M$ just drops it on you one time. That's why there is so much backlash

I'm definitely with PS4 at the moment. M$ have a huge PR battle to head up before November to change my mind.

You have a choice, I don't. XB1 won't be available in my region at launch (even though we purchase from the US).

I forgot about that. Will it be available at a later date?

Microsoft need to make a clear and concise statement instead of making pop shots and arrogant remarks on twitter.

Hopefully
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are these areas not offering broadband internet?

Yeah.
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They lost for that maybe MS should have added a modem for dial up users Lmao
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They lost for that maybe MS should have added a modem for dial up users Lmao

MS might be losing customers. They haven't lost either bc they can still get a ps4.
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Where is @pimpMVP the hilarity of his posts are missed you ? boring
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can we all agree that Microsoft has made the right decision in the long term for the industry and Sony has done what they think will sell consoles in the short term?

I fail to see how there is anything right about what Microsoft is doing. You think they are saving developers by cutting out losses due to bootlegging, renting, and pre-owning? Why is that such a big deal now? Pre-owned games have been available since the Nintendo days. Bootlegging has been around since games first went to a CD format. If all these companies have had to deal with those issues for multiple generations yet are still successful, why is it so pressing that Microsoft has to take such drastic and immediate measures to solve the problem?
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hmm i wonder the difference in the money budget necessary to create mario 64 and mgs5
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its getting hard for me to be playing these current gen games and old games I have. After seeing everything for e3 all I want is new ? .
  • CJ
    Options
    reapin505 wrote: »
    Its getting hard for me to be playing these current gen games and old games I have. After seeing everything for e3 all I want is new ? .

Word got a ? looking at his 360 like "wtf is this"
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options

I fail to see how there is anything right about what Microsoft is doing. You think they are saving developers by cutting out losses due to bootlegging, renting, and pre-owning? Why is that such a big deal now? Pre-owned games have been available since the Nintendo days. Bootlegging has been around since games first went to a CD format. If all these companies have had to deal with those issues for multiple generations yet are still successful, why is it so pressing that Microsoft has to take such drastic and immediate measures to solve the problem?

Because with the way big games are being made today, unlike in the past, their combined marketing and development costs are becoming unbelievably high. It can be extremely expensive so I understand why publishers and devs would feel that the extra money (or the way they see it, the money they're actually owed) might help. And it's not like games today cost more, so it "all evens out". Games back in the Nintendo/Sega days were, more or less, in the same price range as games today; if not even more expensive. I remember Super Mario RPG for SNES, for example, ended up costing around $72.00 at Target; brand new after taxes. That being said, i'm not defending what MS is doing, but I understand why they believe this is the smart thing to do.
  • Phantom Pain
    Phantom Pain Members Posts: 678 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The next gen graphics that will blow your mind!

http://youtu.be/g0xb7ALK_88

If this doesn't get your ? hard nothing will.

U sick son of a ?
  • reapin505
    Options
    I need MGS5 now bruh. This wait is unbearable
  • BlackxChild
    Options
    stoneface wrote: »

Because with the way big games are being made today, unlike in the past, their combined marketing and development costs are becoming unbelievably high. It can be extremely expensive so I understand why publishers and devs would feel that the extra money (or the way they see it, the money they're actually owed) might help. And it's not like games today cost more, so it "all evens out". Games back in the Nintendo/Sega days were, more or less, in the same price range as games today; if not even more expensive. I remember Super Mario RPG for SNES, for example, ended up costing around $72.00 at Target; brand new after taxes. That being said, i'm not defending what MS is doing, but I understand why they believe this is the smart thing to do.

If MS console doesn't sale well its very possible that they could lose exclusives and possibly give them to playstation... It's very possible that the PS4 is going to sale like the PS2. Online only is going to ? over a shitload of people in rural areas. There are a few countries that won't get the Xbox. There are big time developers living in some of these countries. Japan might as well be Playstation only those developers would go PS4 only in a heartbeat.

If ps4 sales like ps2 companies can make a huge profit without development on 2 consoles and it would actually make things alot easier on them. Nintendo has lost alot of customers with this wiiU ? . MSoft is getting killed right now. If Sony has one more big time E3 its OVER All they have to do is show a trailer of ? of War, Uncharted, and another cool and crazy title and its RIP Xbox. Nintendo has already dug its grave and I think after they cancelled their E3 press conference that they already know they may need to think of something new quick.

• CJ
    Options
    Axel you have been extremely annoying in this thread
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that's jeff axel?
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh. Sale well.
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that's jeff axel?

nah, cant be..

• reapin505
    Options
    I beat MGS4 last night. Probably gonna play through it again along with the rest of the franchise to hold me off. This ? is turning into ? for me.
  • BlackxChild
    Options
    I just found out Xbox one will still use AA batteries smh....
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

lmao
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

"I guess hatin didn't work so now they tellin lies."
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    focus wrote: »

NewsXbox One Xbox One controller can be plugged in via USB to save power
    No more re-syncing after sleep mode.

By Tom Phillips Published Thursday, 6 June 2013

The Xbox One controller can be plugged in via a micro USB cable to preserve battery life, Microsoft has revealed.

Doing so will switch the pad's wireless radios off and send data down the wire instead, a new Xbox.com blog post described, which makes Microsoft's decision to still use batteries somewhat more excusable.

Another improvement is the controller's new low power state, a battery-conserving mode that won't require you to re-sync your pad every time you leave it to become idle.

The controller now uses invisible reflective technology and LEDs to pair the pad with the console and Kinect sensor, which will help track your position in a room.

The data transfer rate between console and controller has also been improved, which will mean better headset audio quality.

A lot of the other features mentioned in the report have already been touted by Microsoft - a redesigned d-pad, textured thumbsticks and a rumble function in the controller's triggers. Just the thing for watching TV.
  • BlackxChild
    Options
    focus wrote: »

NewsXbox One Xbox One controller can be plugged in via USB to save power
    No more re-syncing after sleep mode.

By Tom Phillips Published Thursday, 6 June 2013

The Xbox One controller can be plugged in via a micro USB cable to preserve battery life, Microsoft has revealed.

Doing so will switch the pad's wireless radios off and send data down the wire instead, a new Xbox.com blog post described, which makes Microsoft's decision to still use batteries somewhat more excusable.

Another improvement is the controller's new low power state, a battery-conserving mode that won't require you to re-sync your pad every time you leave it to become idle.

The controller now uses invisible reflective technology and LEDs to pair the pad with the console and Kinect sensor, which will help track your position in a room.

The data transfer rate between console and controller has also been improved, which will mean better headset audio quality.

A lot of the other features mentioned in the report have already been touted by Microsoft - a redesigned d-pad, textured thumbsticks and a rumble function in the controller's triggers. Just the thing for watching TV.

So you either plug in your Xbox controller or you go and buy some batteries... Aren't those rechargeable batteries the same cost as a Playstation eye.

Xbox sales you a kinect you don't want.

Yet gives you a controller that still has AA batteries.

You already know you're forced to buy that battery pack. You're console just went up in price while Sony actually gives you a real option if you want the eye or not and already gives you a controller that has rechargeable batteries.

They could've easily switched that ? but they wanted to be so money hungry that they know their fans will buy the rechargeable batter pack.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

:-\"